PDA

View Full Version : Forget Baylor in the Big 12

Brutalis
09-19-2005, 09:50 PM
Why not Arkansas? Please?

I mean we steal 50% of our team from your recruit-infested state of Texas. And do a pretty good job of it too. All we need is Butch Davis as coach! Hehe.

Anyways, the SEC is nice and all. But Arkansas is not SEC. We are SWC. We are what the Big12 is now. We belong. I'm sick and tired of overrated Vol's and Alabama violating NCAA rules consistantly and getting caught half the time. I really dislike the SEC in general mainly because of the overhype and shit talking everyone seems to do. SEC is not the shit. They are the smell in the next room.

Sigh.

Big 12 please? Baylor, take your green ass to Div 2 or look up the Arkansas State Indians!

:drunk

Brutalis
09-19-2005, 09:53 PM
Also. I have a question for Texas fans.

Why did Texas refuse to play another 2 games in Fayettville then Austin? We offered, you refused. Wanted to play cupcakes instead? WE ARE ONE IT SEEMS. But not really. But yeah why did the Horns option out of that?

samikeyp
09-19-2005, 11:39 PM
Why did Texas refuse to play another 2 games in Fayettville then Austin? We offered, you refused. Wanted to play cupcakes instead? WE ARE ONE IT SEEMS. But not really. But yeah why did the Horns option out of that?

yes because Texas is the only school that does that. :rolleyes

As far as I am concerned, bring on the Hogs. This season, Vince Young and Jamal Charles would have toasted them.

Solid D
09-20-2005, 12:11 AM
Bad timing. Baylor just won the NCAA National Championship in Women's Basketball.

scott
09-20-2005, 12:19 AM
Also. I have a question for Texas fans.

A recent article in the build up to Texas-Ohio State quoted the UT athletic director as saying they would not be purposfully scheduling any top teams in the their non-conference games.

The next paragraph quoted the Ohio State AD as saying he would try to schedule top 10 non-Conf opponents.

Draw your own conclusions.

SWC Bonfire
09-20-2005, 08:40 AM
But Arkansas is not SEC. We are SWC. We are what the Big12 is now. We belong.

Y'all made your own bed, now sleep in it.

Horry For 3!
09-20-2005, 11:03 AM
Arkansas would get owned in the Big 12. Especially this year because Texas is bad ass.

j-6
09-20-2005, 12:01 PM
It was a crooked deal by Ann Richards to get Baylor in the Big 12 in the first place. Like Solid D said, now that they've won a recent national title, the Bears aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

Arkansas broke up the SWC by opening their legs to the SEC. I'd take TCU, UTEP, New Mexico, or Houston before I'd consider letting the Hogs sell out to us.

mookie2001
09-20-2005, 02:58 PM
baylor holds their own in other sports
football i think the big12 needs to improve the quality of the north divison

Brutalis
09-20-2005, 05:37 PM
I understand Arkansas isnt anywhere near a friendly name to Texas, but still, I didnt bring any crap so why did some of you? Honestly, this is the same feeling I get when some dummy Lakers fan comes in swinging and missing on the Spurs.

Anyways. Here is a reply to some comments...

"TCU, UTEP, New Mexico, or Houston before I'd consider letting the Hogs sell out to us."
-You're funny. Face it, not much talent seperates the B12 and SEC. SEC just has more national titles is all. Funny how a team like Arkansas who is usually good has a rebuilding year, and suddenly this season the hate spreads.

"yes because Texas is the only school that does that."
-what did that have to do with anything? trying to prove a point im not aware of? maybe you misunderstood what i said. who knows.

"Y'all made your own bed, now sleep in it."
-No. Frank Broyels dug a hole and through us in it, only to soon die and leave us scrambling to rebuild faster. The man is 20 years past his prime and running Arkansas sports into the ground. If you were up to date on SEC or southern sports, you'd sorta know that by now.

"football i think the big12 needs to improve the quality of the north divison"
Fact.

"Arkansas would get owned in the Big 12. Especially this year because Texas is bad ass."
-Okay you take the cake for the most arrogant comment award! Texas is ALWAYS GOOD. I will say something. But I will never admit it again. . Texas has been and probably will always be my 2nd favorite school. They demand respect. Thank god Jerry Jones has NOTHING to do with them though.
Anyways, I hope that was just biased fan talk. Because in any other means it was a retarded comment. But Texas is badass.

samikeyp
09-20-2005, 10:01 PM
"yes because Texas is the only school that does that."
-what did that have to do with anything? trying to prove a point im not aware of? maybe you misunderstood what i said. who knows.

I said that because you gave the impression with your comments that you were slighting the Longhorns for a weak non-conference schedule. Which, with the exception of OSU, was true. My point was that a lot of big schools do that.

j-6
09-20-2005, 11:16 PM
"TCU, UTEP, New Mexico, or Houston before I'd consider letting the Hogs sell out to us."
-You're funny. Face it, not much talent seperates the B12 and SEC. SEC just has more national titles is all. Funny how a team like Arkansas who is usually good has a rebuilding year, and suddenly this season the hate spreads.

Whether Arkansas is having a good season this year or not is irrelevant. Ten years ago, your team (and a charter SWC member at that) whored out for the SEC's checkbook and broke up the SWC. A lot of us will never forgive the Hogs for it.

Horry For 3!
09-21-2005, 12:58 AM
"Arkansas would get owned in the Big 12. Especially this year because Texas is bad ass."
-Okay you take the cake for the most arrogant comment award! Texas is ALWAYS GOOD. I will say something. But I will never admit it again. . Texas has been and probably will always be my 2nd favorite school. They demand respect. Thank god Jerry Jones has NOTHING to do with them though.
Anyways, I hope that was just biased fan talk. Because in any other means it was a retarded comment. But Texas is badass.
How was that a retarded comment? :rolleyes It is the truth.

Horry For 3!
09-21-2005, 12:59 AM
The only time Arkansas beat Texas of what I remember is when Matt Jones played for them. Yet Matt Jones is bad ass, Jags need to use him more.

Brutalis
09-21-2005, 05:25 PM
I said that because you gave the impression with your comments that you were slighting the Longhorns for a weak non-conference schedule. Which, with the exception of OSU, was true. My point was that a lot of big schools do that.

Oh np. I am aware of that, Arkansas is good at owning cupcakes too.

Brutalis
09-21-2005, 05:27 PM
Whether Arkansas is having a good season this year or not is irrelevant. Ten years ago, your team (and a charter SWC member at that) whored out for the SEC's checkbook and broke up the SWC. A lot of us will never forgive the Hogs for it.

?

Things change. Sometimes its time to move on to bigger and better things. The NCAA is constantly changing. SWC didnt have much left anyways. Arkansas got tired of carring the conference around... but you knew that. Things like that never last. It got old and it was time to take it to another level.

Lmao. Sheesh.

Brutalis
09-21-2005, 05:31 PM
The only time Arkansas beat Texas of what I remember is when Matt Jones played for them. Yet Matt Jones is bad ass, Jags need to use him more.

Are you kidding?

Arkansas and Texas have one of the most prolific and storied past rivalries of all time..... . The Hogs would whip Texas when they were #1, then the Horns would whip us. It was just never ending. The hate, the bitterness. The horn signs pointed down. They were even doing that then. I mean, such history was made with these two football teams I cannot believe you said that up there.

Why even comment if you don't even know those great games in the 60s and before then as well?

Now what comment is retarded again?

Maybe you was confused or something. Surely you didnt mean that.

Horry For 3!
09-22-2005, 12:36 AM
I wasn't born in the 60s...

SWC Bonfire
09-22-2005, 08:33 AM
Arkansas deserves to wallow in the SEC. They left for $$$, and hung the rest of the SWC out to dry - eventually causing the demise of the league.

How can I say this nicely: Piss off.

Obstructed_View
09-25-2005, 03:28 AM
There go the Razorbacks rooting around for more money again...