PDA

View Full Version : Penny Dreadful

cd021
12-06-2015, 12:17 PM
Any one watch this show?

Might be the most disappointing show i've watched in a while.

Each episode, drags on with poor pacing and mildy interesting characters. Hard to get through a 55 minute episode. Uncessisary story lines and some characters back stories are pretty silly. For example (small spoilers)

a bi-sexual, werewolf, sharp shooter, from america, living in England, who falls for a prositute with a deadly disease and Dracula, and another woman who may or may not be possessed by the devil.:lol

Don't normally give up on a show but its rough to watch.

Reck
12-06-2015, 08:40 PM
It's a really good show.

The second season is much better though. Better fleshed out and the pacing is abit quicker.

This isn't a show where there is non-stop action so I dont know what you expected out of it.

Darius McCrary
12-06-2015, 09:40 PM
I liked season 1

I fell asleep every episode of season 2.

But Eva Green is prob the hottest chick on TV so it's still worth it.

HI-FI
12-06-2015, 09:55 PM
I liked season 1

I fell asleep every episode of season 2.

But Eva Green is prob the hottest chick on TV so it's still worth it.
never watched it but agree about Eva Green, the tings I'd do to her....

DMX7
12-06-2015, 10:24 PM
I love Eva too, but I just can't get into this show either.

JMarkJohns
12-07-2015, 12:00 AM
It's a niche show. It's a freak spectacle with better dialogue and character then the American Horror Story nonsense. It's based on legend, lore, and myth, so it's fun to see it all interact.

I get why some hate it. I get why most like it.

It's good seeing Timothy Dalton as a badass again (for the most part).

HI-FI
12-07-2015, 12:48 AM
Dalton was the second best Bond imo, damn if only he got to be in For Your Eyes Only and Goldeneye like originally planned. :depressed

Trainwreck2100
12-07-2015, 01:39 AM
i too enjoy eva green, but I could not get into this show at all. I liked the idea but too fucking boring

HI-FI
12-07-2015, 01:47 AM
Showtime just needs to make a Red Shoe Diaries type show around Eva, even if its softcore, if it showed her massaging her wet pussy, it would be the best thing ever invented imo.

cd021
12-07-2015, 04:50 AM
Seems like its agreed. Eva Green is dope.

cd021
12-07-2015, 04:55 AM
It's a really good show.

The second season is much better though. Better fleshed out and the pacing is abit quicker.

This isn't a show where there is non-stop action so I dont know what you expected out of it.

Season 2 was worse imo. The Cutwife episode may have been the worst pace show i ever watched.

Its not just about action it. The Wire wasn't all that action packed and its a classic. Its a bland show. Salem on WGN is much better.

Trainwreck2100
12-07-2015, 04:57 AM
Seems like its agreed. Eva Green is dope.

fantastic tits

pookenstein
12-07-2015, 07:34 AM
tzJA7Rosq0E

Eva Green: :toast

DMC
12-07-2015, 09:24 AM
There's a cancer with the "series" concept and there has been for a few years. The writers check out mentally after season one or they get released and it's contracted out to some Chinese company. Just look at True Detective. When Matthew and Woody knew it was one season, they were in. The show was phenomenal. Season 2 was "can we get to season 3?" with less talent and more mental gymnastics. I am supposed to believe Guitar Hero Vince Vaughn is a bad cop. Right.

When the writing is done to drag out more episodes instead of tell a story, when it's done to bend to the will of the fans instead of the author, that's when it becomes just a shit fest. Penny was a good show in the 1st year with good cinematics and sound and everything, but it's become a teaser with nothing behind door number 2 that we've not already seen countless times.

Fortunately Netflix allows me to scan through the episodes and quickly decide if I want to spend time watching it.

House of Cards is one of the few shows that doesn't disappoint. Sure it's got the obligatory homo shit but that's expected in DC.

leemajors
12-07-2015, 12:23 PM
There's a cancer with the "series" concept and there has been for a few years. The writers check out mentally after season one or they get released and it's contracted out to some Chinese company. Just look at True Detective. When Matthew and Woody knew it was one season, they were in. The show was phenomenal. Season 2 was "can we get to season 3?" with less talent and more mental gymnastics. I am supposed to believe Guitar Hero Vince Vaughn is a bad cop. Right.

When the writing is done to drag out more episodes instead of tell a story, when it's done to bend to the will of the fans instead of the author, that's when it becomes just a shit fest. Penny was a good show in the 1st year with good cinematics and sound and everything, but it's become a teaser with nothing behind door number 2 that we've not already seen countless times.

Fortunately Netflix allows me to scan through the episodes and quickly decide if I want to spend time watching it.

House of Cards is one of the few shows that doesn't disappoint. Sure it's got the obligatory homo shit but that's expected in DC.

that last season of house of cards was pretty disappointing imo.