PDA

View Full Version : Superbug known as Phantom Menace on the rise

InRareForm
12-06-2015, 05:49 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2015/12/03/superbug-known-as-phantom-menace-on-the-rise-in-u-s/

Winehole23
12-07-2015, 09:50 AM
http://lauriegarrett.com/the-coming-plague/

boutons_deux
12-07-2015, 10:40 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/13/health/america-tropical-disease/

those bugs are threat to humans, but bugs, beetles are already destroying American forests

but AGW is a planet-wide hoax by scientits paid to tell jokes, so keep burning coal and oil forever.

Winehole23
12-07-2015, 10:51 AM
I hope you realize how annoying your schtick is and that you get some kind of kinky thrill from derailing threads with your Tourette's like word salads, because if you don't, that's just sad.

boutons_deux
12-07-2015, 10:53 AM
TX asshole, old white wealthy Lamar Smith is slandering, persecuting NOAA with scorched-earth subpoenas, based on "whistleblowers" who told NOAA is faking data.

Former NOAA researcher comments on whistleblower allegations

http://arstechnica.com/science/2015/11/former-noaa-researcher-comments-on-whistleblower-allegations/

Winehole23
12-07-2015, 10:55 AM
we've got a million threads about global warming and AGW deniers. why not bump one of those instead of killing this one by dumping irrelevant links?

boutons_deux
12-07-2015, 10:58 AM
we've got a million threads about global warming and AGW deniers. why not bump one of those instead of killing this one by dumping irrelevant links?

the new tropical diseases are due to AGW, everything is connected, stretch your brain

pgardn
12-07-2015, 11:01 AM
the new tropical diseases are due to AGW, everything is connected, stretch your brain

Yes.

Its just that simple.

CosmicCowboy
12-07-2015, 03:54 PM
As someone who has been fighting a fairly common staph infection in my knee for almost two years now I can attest that antibiotic resistance is very bad juju.

Trainwreck2100
12-07-2015, 05:02 PM
As someone who has been fighting a fairly common staph infection in my knee for almost two years now I can attest that antibiotic resistance is very bad juju.

whip up that viking cure, problem solved

Phenomanul
12-08-2015, 09:55 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/13/health/america-tropical-disease/

those bugs are threat to humans, but bugs, beetles are already destroying American forests

but AGW is a planet-wide hoax by scientits paid to tell jokes, so keep burning coal and oil forever.

Your own article says that 1,000 year old remains were found in South Texas with signs of infections from these tropical diseases (in this case Chagas disease). I take it you will argue that AGW was a very pressing issue 1,000 years ago as well. :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

Blake
12-08-2015, 11:04 AM
Your own article says that 1,000 year old remains were found in South Texas with signs of infections from these tropical diseases (in this case Chagas disease). I take it you will argue that AGW was a very pressing issue 1,000 years ago as well. :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

Why does God allow super bugs to exist?

boutons_deux
12-08-2015, 12:48 PM

mega draughts come and go, each enabling populations to vary over geography, over millennia.

AGW is different. but a creationist Bible thumping literalist can't accept science, since accepting would negate Biblical fairy tales.

Phenomanul
12-08-2015, 06:54 PM
mega draughts come and go, each enabling populations to vary over geography, over millennia.

AGW is different. but a creationist Bible thumping literalist can't accept science, since accepting would negate Biblical fairy tales.

Bait bait bait... sorry no biting. I have actual SCIENCE work to do for the EVIL oil companies... In other words, most of the posters here in the political forum aren't here searching for TRUTH just the proliferation (and self justifying arguments) of their own already entrenched positions.

Soooooooo... I'm not going to debate you on anything other than call you out for the weak ass answer: "AGW is different". Are these bugs here because of AGW yes or no? And if your answer is yes, then other periods in our climate history have brought about the same territorial shift for the Chagas-carrying kissing bugs which weren't induced from AGW...

In a nut shell that is the very definition of climate --> that it changes. Yet your typical liberal, CO2-tax-profiteering, poised to reap millions, scumbags (ahem Al Gore and alarmists of similar ilk) can't even acknowledge this...

Phenomanul
12-08-2015, 06:58 PM
Why does God allow super bugs to exist?

Disease was a consequence of sin, and hence not part of GOD's original design... eeerrrr wait. You don't really care for my take on the matter.

So I will give you what you want to hear.

Why does God allow super bugs to exist? So that men like you can question HIS existence. Carry on...

boutons_deux
12-08-2015, 07:03 PM
"Disease was a consequence of sin, and hence not part of GOD's original design"

:lol Bible humper insanity

boutons_deux
12-12-2015, 05:45 PM
Shkreli's KaloBios buys Chagas disease drug rights, shares soar

KaloBios Pharmaceuticals Inc, which recently appointed controversial head of Turing Pharmaceuticals Martin Shkreli as CEO, said it was acquiring worldwide rights to a compound being developed for the treatment of Chagas disease.

The company's shares rose 42 percent to $41.78 in extended trading.

KaloBios will be purchasing the rights to the drug, Benznidazole, from privately held Savant Neglected Diseases LLC for an upfront payment of $2 million, regulatory milestones and a royalty based on product sales.

Chagas disease, which affects more than 300,000 people in the United States, spreads through the droppings of a small beetle known as the Kissing Bug and primarily attacks the heart, ultimately causing heart failure and death.

In the United States, Chagas disease is considered one of the neglected parasitic infections, a group of five parasitic diseases that have been targeted by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) public health action.

Neglected parasitic infections are eligible to receive a priority review voucher, an expedited review granted by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

There are currently no approved treatments for Chagas disease in the United States or Europe. However, Benznidazole is approved in Latin America as the standard of care for Chagas Disease.

On a conference call, Shkreli said no clinical trials will be required for the marketing application of Benznidazole and that pharmacokinetics and toxicology study results will enable the company to file for approval in 2016.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-kalobios-drug-idUSKBN0TM31220151203?feedType=RSS&feedName=healthNews

no doubt that Shkreli will charge many $1000s, even $10Ks, for Benznidazole

Blake
12-12-2015, 06:25 PM
Disease was a consequence of sin, and hence not part of GOD's original design... eeerrrr wait. You don't really care for my take on the matter.

So they're a part of a later design?

Can god not see the future?

boutons_deux
12-12-2015, 06:28 PM
God was blindsided man, didn't have a clue what was going on down here.