PDA

View Full Version : Greg Abbott Twitter Fun

Spurminator
12-06-2015, 08:54 PM

hater
12-06-2015, 10:15 PM
I'd say Obama is insane for sending TOW missiles to Al Qaeda allies. That's fucking insane

hater
12-06-2015, 10:16 PM
US is actually considering to call Al Qaeda allies their democratic army in Syria. That's fucking insane.

HI-FI
12-06-2015, 10:29 PM
I'd say Obama is insane for sending TOW missiles to Al Qaeda allies. That's fucking insane
yep. HNIC been like Nixon on steroids but the media is ballsdeep so we'll never know the extent of his shenanigans. crazy times.

FuzzyLumpkins
12-06-2015, 10:55 PM

that from consortium news too?

boutons_deux
12-06-2015, 11:52 PM
Repugs armed, financed,helped the mujahideen in Afghanistan, they turned into the Taliban. good move

Reagan/Repugs gave arms, help, and probably poison gas to Saddam, then claimed he hit the WTC and invaded his country for oil.

Reagan sold arms to Iran, took the money to fund the contras in Nicaragua, a country that is still lawlessly fucked up by contras 30 years later, spewing 100Ks women and children piling up on the TX border, trying escape the shit USA created in their country.

History sucks, doesn't it? it makes all y'all rightwingnuts look so stupid, ignorant.

ChumpDumper
12-07-2015, 12:00 AM
yep. HNIC been like Nixon on steroids but the media is ballsdeep so we'll never know the extent of his shenanigans. crazy times.What does HNIC stand for?

ElNono
12-07-2015, 12:36 AM
What does HNIC stand for?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=HNIC

spurraider21
12-07-2015, 12:39 AM
chump is usually pretty quick with the google searches

HI-FI
12-07-2015, 12:50 AM
chump is usually pretty quick with the google searches
i'm pretty sure he knows what it means, he's just doing 21 Questions (100K edition) again.

Chump it's basically like Commander in Chief.

ChumpDumper
12-07-2015, 01:02 AM
i'm pretty sure he knows what it means, he's just doing 21 Questions (100K edition) again.

Chump it's basically like Commander in Chief.Why do you use it?

HI-FI
12-07-2015, 01:06 AM
Why do you use it?
Because it sounded funnier than CIC.

ChumpDumper
12-07-2015, 01:12 AM
Because it sounded funnier than CIC.
Why do you think it's funny?

Winehole23
12-07-2015, 02:28 AM
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f75/basilsblog/blazing-saddles-gabby-sherrif-is.jpg

hater
12-07-2015, 08:45 AM
that from consortium news too?

No. Foreign Policy :lol

http://foreignpolicy.com/2015/12/04/will-an-al-qaeda-ally-be-a-peacemaker-in-syria/

hater
12-07-2015, 09:02 AM
For further research:

www.middleeasteye.net/columns/ahrar-al-sham-s-apocalyptic-vision-syria-and-beyond-455405201

FuzzyLumpkins
12-07-2015, 12:51 PM
No. Foreign Policy :lol

http://foreignpolicy.com/2015/12/04/will-an-al-qaeda-ally-be-a-peacemaker-in-syria/

The article says that they will talk with them. It said nothing about the TOW missiles. The part where we are giving weapons to AQ or their allies is what I was asking for confirmation for.

hater
12-07-2015, 04:58 PM
The article says that they will talk with them. It said nothing about the TOW missiles. The part where we are giving weapons to AQ or their allies is what I was asking for confirmation for.

It is a fact the Free Syrian Army has been provided the TOWs:
a Saudi official confirmed the delivery of 500 TOW antitank missiles to the Free Syrian Army (FSA).

The delivery of the TOW missiles — which have also been provided by the CIA — will increase the capabilities of the FSA against Syrian armor
http://www.businessinsider.com/syria-rebels-and-tow-missiles-2015-10

it is also a known fact that the FSA has been allied with Al Nusra (Al Qaeda) to form The Army of Conquest:
Take for example al-Qaida affiliate Nusra Front. In March this year the group formed an alliance with the Free Syrian Army – touted as a moderate Syrian opposition group by the US. The alliance christened itself Army of Conquest to jointly take on the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. Subsequently, both Nusra and the Free Syrian Army have participated shoulder-to-shoulder in several battles against Assad’s forces. And in case there were any doubts about their cooperation, Nusra recently released a video thanking the Free Syrian Army for providing it with US-made anti-tank TOW missiles. So much for US claims that it was only supplying equipment to moderate Syrian rebels.

http://blogs.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/talkingturkey/telling-friend-from-foe-why-differentiating-between-syrian-rebels-and-is-is-specious/

hater
12-07-2015, 05:00 PM
thus the following statement is spot on:

FuzzyLumpkins
12-07-2015, 05:16 PM
Okay so then if they give it to that ex Syrian colonel that has been leading the secular FSA then that means they give it to AQ. Nice. I'm not some dumbass that doesn't understand the dynamics of the actual major players and who is who.

If you want to fearmonger that they will fall into enemy hands particularly after the lessons of our enemies then great but that is not what you are doing. If we actually had tanks on the ground then you might really have a point.

That leads us to an interesting question: who does have tanks on the ground in Syria that is fighting the FSA former military forces? Could it be your boys the Russians? The same ones that are bombing the former Syrian Army positions and are otherwise enforcing the incumbent regime?

I'm going to start calling you Boris.

FuzzyLumpkins
12-07-2015, 05:22 PM
Similarly considering how the Russians enforced Eastern Ukraine and launched offensives, a bunch of TOWs sounds like a good answer.

hater
12-07-2015, 05:30 PM
Okay so then if they give it to that ex Syrian colonel that has been leading the secular FSA then that means they give it to AQ. Nice. I'm not some dumbass that doesn't understand the dynamics of the actual major players and who is who.

Not sure why you are stating that. I am merely responding to your question regarding:
The part where we are giving weapons to AQ or their allies is what I was asking for confirmation for.

I merely responded to that.

If you want to fearmonger that they will fall into enemy hands particularly after the lessons of our enemies then great but that is not what you are doing. If we actually had tanks on the ground then you might really have a point.

It's not fearmongering if my statement is factual. Which it is as proven above.

That leads us to an interesting question: who does have tanks on the ground in Syria that is fighting the FSA former military forces? Could it be your boys the Russians? The same ones that are bombing the former Syrian Army positions and are otherwise enforcing the incumbent regime?

Again, not sure why you call this an interesting question as you seem to know the answer to it. Also has nothing to do with my original factual statement which you questioned in the first place:

I'm going to start calling you Boris.

I am used to childlish namecalling around here so you can do that if it makes you feel good.

FromWayDowntown
12-07-2015, 05:32 PM
Greg Abbott is the worst kind of dog whistle politician.

It would be funny to see what would happen if Obama made a public statement praising Greg Abbott. I think the Guv's head might explode trying to figure out if he needed to immediately refute Obama's claim and stake out ground on the other side of that statement.

hater
12-07-2015, 05:33 PM
Similarly considering how the Russians enforced Eastern Ukraine and launched offensives, a bunch of TOWs sounds like a good answer.

Disagree. Handing TOWs to jihadi extremists and terrorist affiliates is definitely not a good answer.

hater
12-07-2015, 05:35 PM
here is the video of Al Qaeda thanking the FSA for the TOW weaponry gifts... Guess Santa came early....

WDknTFk-HXE

FuzzyLumpkins
12-07-2015, 05:42 PM
here is the video of Al Qaeda thanking the FSA for the TOW weaponry gifts... Guess Santa came early....

WDknTFk-HXE

ISIS already got a ton of antitank weapons and worse a long time ago. I'm not sure how this video proves anything even if you show a bunch more of the with TOWs.

FuzzyLumpkins
12-07-2015, 05:54 PM
So FSA headed by that defecting colonel and all the rest that actually started this revolution in the first place? You're just shoehorning into a monolith and applying guilt by association. We cannot give them to the kurds because if we do then Turkey will have kittens. Them joining NATO was a strategic coup and the Ukraine is next.

We definitely don't want to give it to the al-Nusra, Hezbollah, or a mullah driven jihadi group. OTOH, if the Russians are bringing in T-90s and stuff like that then it needs to be countered. Really the only politically safe place to put them is with the former Syrian Army people. The same guys we've been sending our special forces and spooks to work with in ever increasing amounts for the past few years.

It is interesting how the russian media preys on the gaps in information people have in nuanced circumstances. Makes for an interesting sort of contrarianism as well.

hater
12-07-2015, 07:37 PM
I'm not shoehorning anything. They shoehorned themselves when they joined into an alliance with Al Qaeda. There is no guilt by association. This is a formal alliance plain and simple. So I restate, by arming a part of the alliance you are arming its allies.

And you got it the wrong way. First the CIA sent the TOWs to destroy Syrian tanks then Russia countered with the immune T90s.

Oh and the links I provided have nothing to do with Russia media. So not sure where your last statement came from.

Blake
12-08-2015, 11:54 AM

Texas is fucked and unfuckable amirite boutons?

Blake
12-08-2015, 11:59 AM

Because that's what Jesus would do

boutons_deux
12-08-2015, 12:45 PM

Texas is fucked and unfuckable amirite boutons?

yer rite, quoting the Bible is Pharisaical bullshit if Christ-like actions don't follow

Blake
12-08-2015, 12:54 PM
It's so embarrassing to be a Texan some times. So embarrassing...

boutons_deux
12-08-2015, 12:57 PM
It's so embarrassing to be a Texan some times. So embarrassing...

I'm not embarrassed. Repug shit ain't my shit.

Blake
12-08-2015, 04:18 PM
I'm not embarrassed. Repug shit ain't my shit.

no man......the low intelligence levels of many of our politicians and worse of some of the Bible beating voters putting these hacks into office is shameful.

I mean fuck....now the whole country is aware that we voted a guy in as governor for a decade solely because he has a great belief in God and a greater belief in haircare.

boutons_deux
01-10-2016, 09:49 AM
15 states' governors 'grant frequent and regular pardons' but not Greg Abbott, yet

Regular readers know Grits remains frustrated (http://gritsforbreakfast.blogspot.com/2015/12/thanks-for-nothing-greg-abbott-why.html) at Gov. Greg Abbott's parsimonious pardon policy in his first year in office, in which he granted four clemency petitions for penny-ante in the run up to Christmas without even issuing a press release to highlight the governor's miserliness regarding mercy.

When he took office, Grits considered it notable (http://gritsforbreakfast.blogspot.com/2015/01/pardon-me-governor-abbott-but-about.html) that Abbott had never spoken publicly on the topic, and one year in it's clearly only barely on his radar screen, even though it's one of only a handful of core duties of the office. As Attorney General, his office had ruled the governor could issue posthumous pardons (http://gritsforbreakfast.blogspot.com/2010/01/ag-governor-may-issue-posthumous-pardon.html), but beyond that we know little of Abbott's opinions on clemency. No reporter has ever asked him, to my knowledge, or if they did they didn't publish the quotes.

As such, we have answers to only a few of the questions Grits offered up a year ago (http://gritsforbreakfast.blogspot.com/2014/12/pondering-ghosts-of-christmas-pardons.html) before Greg Abbott ascended to the governorship:

One also wonders as pardon season approaches about Greg Abbott and what his clemency policy will look like as governor.

Rick Perry rejected two thirds of positive recommendations (http://gritsforbreakfast.blogspot.com/2013/09/perry-ignores-most-recommendations-for.html) he received from his appointees on the Board of Pardons and Paroles.

Will Greg Abbott approve them at higher rates?

What instructions will he give BPP appointees on clemency?

What questions related to clemency will his staff ask potential BPP appointees during the vetting process? Might he be willing to revisit clemency requests which were approved by the BPP but rejected or never acted upon by Rick Perry?

Will Gov. Abbott treat clemency as an ongoing, year-round executive function or limit pardon announcements to a few, symbolic Christmas-time public relations gambits?

Nobody ever asked the governor-elect any of these questions on the campaign trail so I guess we must wait and see.

Most of those questions remain unanswered, though Abbott ending the year with this niggardly batch of four under-the-radar pardons three days before Christmas doesn't bode well.

http://gritsforbreakfast.blogspot.com/2016/01/15-states-governors-grant-frequent-and.html

Blake
05-17-2016, 02:23 PM

Spurminator
05-27-2016, 10:09 AM
I am shocked, SHOCKED, I tell you, at the lack of any statement from Greg Abbott regarding the Baylor situation.

Seems college is still a more dangerous place for women than trans-friendly bathrooms.

boutons_deux
05-27-2016, 10:14 AM
I am shocked, SHOCKED, I tell you, at the lack of any statement from Greg Abbott regarding the Baylor situation.

Seems college is still a more dangerous place for women than trans-friendly bathrooms.

Repug politicians have molested more juveniles and kids over the decades than transgender women (biological men) have molested (little) girls in women's restrooms.

Repugs INSULT the intelligence of non-Repugs, but of course flatter the ignorance, stupidity of their supporters.