PDA

View Full Version : PtR's JR Wilco, has named Patty Mills a member of Spurs' next BIG 3 on the PN Show

TheDoctor
12-07-2015, 10:51 AM
Kawhi
LaMarcus
*Patty Mills :lmao

One of the shittiest take ever tbh :lol

Such barbarism can be heard around the 4:20 minute mark -> HERE

(http://www.podcastgarden.com/login/audio/2283/PNS1157.mp3)

hater
12-07-2015, 10:54 AM
Mills is a prime Bobby Jackson. That's great. But like Bobby, no way he would ever even start on a decent team

mookie2001
12-07-2015, 11:03 AM
That dummy lol

8FOR!3
12-07-2015, 11:07 AM
Mills is a prime Bobby Jackson. That's great. But like Bobby, no way he would ever even start on a decent team

Didn't Bobby Jackson start on that Houston team with T-Mac and Yao one year? Aaron Brooks and Stevie Franchise were the backups.

TheDoctor
12-07-2015, 12:21 PM
That dummy lol

:lol

People and their BIG 3 fetish. In the way this team is assembled, there won't be a BIG 3 in the near future unless one of Kyle or Simmons up their games considerably.

Paddy Bigthrills :lmao

Lostwingman
12-07-2015, 12:23 PM
I guess that means I should be anxiously awaiting the dawn of the Fat Head.

SpursforSix
12-07-2015, 12:36 PM

People and their BIG 3 fetish. In the way this team is assembled, there won't be a BIG 3 in the near future unless one of Kyle or Simmons up their games considerably.

Paddy Bigthrills :lmao

that's OK. Let everyone talk about a Big Three for a couple of years. Then at some point, they'll look up and realize the Spurs are 3 steps ahead of everyone again with a Kawai and a solid support group playing a different type of "Spurs" basketball.

Brian Windhorst
12-07-2015, 12:55 PM
That's some next-level retarded. Patty has to consistently shoot >40% from three to even be worth playing in the league, given his defense. Unless he's going to go supernova like Curry some day, he'll never be better than a 6th or 7th man.

Chinook
12-07-2015, 01:01 PM
PtR never fails to disappoint.

jag
12-07-2015, 01:12 PM
It's obviously Boban

TrainOfThought5
12-07-2015, 01:13 PM
I used to love PTR, smdh

Patty Mills only works if the SG is a legit ball handler and playmaker. AND patty would have to improve his defense.

Boomersgold
12-07-2015, 01:59 PM
I used to love PTR, smdh

Patty Mills only works if the SG is a legit ball handler and playmaker. AND patty would have to improve his defense.

Actually Patty only works if he's given free rein to score. Meaning he needs the ball in his hands and can create his own shot off the dribble. As a spot up shooter, he isn't anywhere near as effective, which is why he's struggled as of late.

Mr Bones
12-07-2015, 02:05 PM
My guess is the future 3rd guy behind KL & LMA isn't a Spur right now. He'll be a smart player who wants to join forces with those two in 2017 when the Salary Cap rises.

Remember when it was accepted by many that "Big time free agents don't go to San Antonio?" I can easily see another one following LMA in the next few years...

SAGirl
12-07-2015, 02:24 PM
I used to love PTR, smdh

Agreed 100%.

Patty is already as good as he can ever be. There is no further echelon for him to achieve. He's a fearless shooter, but he's prone to enter chucking mode if he's your only offensive creator, and he's not going to generate good looks for others.

He may be a 6th man in the future, just because Tony should see reduced minutes and I can thus see Patty getting into the game earlier, but a backcourt of Green/Patty is terrible. More than likely, you will need to pair Patty with either Simmons or Kyle at all times, same as Patty/Manu for Patty to be effective. Thus, Patty's role and ceiling in the team is limited. A player like that is not part of some BIG 3.

And if you need Simmons or Kyle to develop to keep Patty in his most effective role, I would say then that at that point Simmons or Kyle's role would be more significant.

That is not even mentioning Patty's poor PnR defense and one on one defense.

Nope, we may not have another big time player in the bench after Manu, and if we do, that player is probably undeveloped at this point, so he's not going to look like he could be a big time player in the league yet.

spursistan
12-07-2015, 02:32 PM
PtR (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255037&p=8310428) is the worst specific team SB-nation affiliated blog..they are just flat out mediocre writers with poor Basketball knowledge..not the first time they utter nonsense like this..

RD2191
12-07-2015, 02:38 PM
Why does SAgirl feel the need to write a novel for every single post?

Boomersgold
12-07-2015, 02:51 PM
Agreed 100%.

Patty is already as good as he can ever be. There is no further echelon for him to achieve. He's a fearless shooter, but he's prone to enter chucking mode if he's your only offensive creator, and he's not going to generate good looks for others.

He may be a 6th man in the future, just because Tony should see reduced minutes and I can thus see Patty getting into the game earlier, but a backcourt of Green/Patty is terrible. More than likely, you will need to pair Patty with either Simmons or Kyle at all times, same as Patty/Manu for Patty to be effective. Thus, Patty's role and ceiling in the team is limited. A player like that is not part of some BIG 3.

And if you need Simmons or Kyle to develop to keep Patty in his most effective role, I would say then that at that point Simmons or Kyle's role would be more significant.

That is not even mentioning Patty's poor PnR defense and one on one defense.

Nope, we may not have another big time player in the bench after Manu, and if we do, that player is probably undeveloped at this point, so he's not going to look like he could be a big time player in the league yet.

Again, Mills CAN play the catch and shoot role with Manu as the primary ball handler, but he's at his best when he's creating his own shot off the dribble. For example, see his highlights vs the Blazers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4KH_aLxEz8.

How many of his field goals were assisted by Manu? Making him strictly a catch and shoot player (as you seem to think he is) would limit his effectiveness.

And as for his defense, he's a far better defender than Parker (that's not saying much) and is probably our best defender at the point guard position. Do you have any statistics to back that he's a poor defender?

SAGirl
12-07-2015, 03:00 PM
Again, Mills CAN play the catch and shoot role with Manu as the primary ball handler, but he's at his best when he's creating his own shot off the dribble. For example, see his highlights vs the Blazers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4KH_aLxEz8.

How many of his field goals were assisted by Manu? Making him strictly a catch and shoot player (as you seem to think he is) would limit his effectiveness.

And as for his defense, he's a far better defender than Parker (that's not saying much) and is probably our best defender at the point guard position. Do you have any statistics to back that he's a poor defender?

He is able to create his own shots, he's more versatile than Danny in that regard, which is why Pop continues to go to Patty/Tony at times instead of Tony/Green, and one of the reasons Danny has been improvising off the dribble with bad results, precisely because unlike Mills he can't create his own shots.

Patty has good Drtg, but if you watch him, most of it is based on his hustle. He's so small that he can double post up players and steal the ball from under them, and he does play with a lot of energy, so that if someone else knocks off a ball loose in his vecinity, he's going for it.

However, one on one he's poor. He's too small to affect anyone's shot really, and on PnR defense, has been awful, requiring a lot of help to cover up for him. All sorts of quick PG will go at Patty with a lot of success, and the big man has to sag so far back into the paint to help Patty out, that it leaves the roll man open for all sorts of Alley Oops. Watch the last Denver game for example.

Also, Patty is not a player you can center your bench style around because he doesn't generate good looks for others. He's just efficient getting his own looks as well as in catch and shoot, which makes him a very valuable bench scorer, but he's not going to be better long term than someone who can get his own shots, as well as create for others.

It's fine if you have a different view of what a Big Time player in the league is.

kaji157
12-07-2015, 04:40 PM
He is a valuable trade asset and will be traded next offseason.

Good player to have around while Manu is still able to do whatever he is needed to do, but without Manu, useless, Defense will just focus on him, he doesn´t create for others as good nor is he unstoppable when good defenders are on him.

I think a combination of Patty/someone will be traded for a young prospect that can be molded under either Manu (playmaking) or Tony (system).

Budkin
12-07-2015, 04:50 PM
Stupid take but I still loves me some Patty Thrills.

dabom
12-07-2015, 05:07 PM

I just tl:dr that shit. :lmao

Spurtacular
12-07-2015, 05:27 PM
And as for his defense, he's (Mills) a far better defender than Parker (that's not saying much)

They're about the same, tbh. And that's saying something.

TrainOfThought5
12-07-2015, 05:41 PM
Actually Patty only works if he's given free rein to score. Meaning he needs the ball in his hands and can create his own shot off the dribble. As a spot up shooter, he isn't anywhere near as effective, which is why he's struggled as of late.

This aint australia pleighboi.

If hes gonna be anything more than a bench chucker hes gotta learn to expand his game and skillset.

timtonymanu
12-07-2015, 05:59 PM
Love Patty but no.

It's Leonard/LMA/Green

bic50
12-07-2015, 06:02 PM
Simmons.

AFMadison
12-07-2015, 06:04 PM
I find it easier to read than the trolls that post, and the posters who can't write anything without including "faggot" in every other post.

RD2191
12-07-2015, 06:10 PM
I find it easier to read than the trolls that post, and the posters who can't write anything without including "faggot" in every other post.
Faggot
Jk

Nathan89
12-07-2015, 06:10 PM
Simmons has a better chance of being a part of the next Big 3 than Patty Mills.

Lostwingman
12-07-2015, 06:20 PM

Making up for PtR?

RD2191
12-07-2015, 06:28 PM
Making up for PtR?

SouthernFried
12-07-2015, 06:55 PM
A lot of people write a lot, but really shouldn't. SAgirl writes a lot...but Her takes are good enough to make it worth reading.

UNT Eagles 2016
12-07-2015, 07:02 PM
she also manages to include "Kyle"'s name in like every single post. At least she's a girl so we can't call her a queer for that, tbh.

And whoever mentioned Bobby Jackson, that's a damn good comparison when I think back about it. Kings often played him and Bibby together though, and you can't play Patty and Tony together because they'd get buttfucked on the other end.

SupremeGuy
12-07-2015, 07:04 PM

Faggot
Jk:lol

Keepin' it real
12-07-2015, 07:13 PM
I find it disturbing when people on this crude, vulgar travesty of a message board known as spurstalk.com say a negative word about PtR. At PtR, writers use proper English and offer coherent, reasonable thoughts, and moderators take their job seriously so the filth that infects spurstalk does not exist over there.

I visit and post on both sites. The scoreboard without a doubt is PtR 1 -- spurstalk.com 0

Don't criticize PtR from this site. It's laughable to do so.

BD24
12-07-2015, 08:07 PM
My guess is the future 3rd guy behind KL & LMA isn't a Spur right now. He'll be a smart player who wants to join forces with those two in 2017 when the Salary Cap rises.

Remember when it was accepted by many that "Big time free agents don't go to San Antonio?" I can easily see another one following LMA in the next few years...
Hopefully this is what happens.

tholdren
12-07-2015, 10:18 PM
PtR never fails to disappoint.
48moh or ptr = shit

tholdren
12-07-2015, 10:34 PM
I find it disturbing when people on this crude, vulgar travesty of a message board known as spurstalk.com say a negative word about PtR. At PtR, writers use proper English and offer coherent, reasonable thoughts, and moderators take their job seriously so the filth that infects spurstalk does not exist over there.

I visit and post on both sites. The scoreboard without a doubt is PtR 1 -- spurstalk.com 0

Don't criticize PtR from this site. It's laughable to do so.
Terrible take

TheDoctor
12-07-2015, 10:41 PM
A lot of people write a lot, but really shouldn't. SAgirl writes a lot...but Her takes are good enough to make it worth reading.
SAGirl writes a lot but at least her thoughts are coherent and not as foolish as putting Patty Mills near the words "Spurs & BIG3".

TheDoctor
12-10-2015, 08:11 AM
Paddy's brilliant line yesterday:

1-5 from the field.
21:51 minutes played.
3 points scored.

Yup, BIG 3 material.