PDA

View Full Version : Gifts

I. Hustle
12-07-2015, 07:02 PM
What type of gifts are you guys buying this year?

For the wifey I went with a new purse (I was told it was a handbag) with the matching wallet. Then I put all kinds of stuff in it. Her favorite perfume, gift certificate to her nail spot, massage, etc. Just a bunch of stuff she likes. I always have a hard time finding something for her (shut up Maalox) and so I just grabbed a bunch of different things.

The kids got bikes and games and crap. Not video games but board games and stuff they can play together.

JudynTX
12-08-2015, 11:49 AM
My husband and I aren't exchanging gifts this year. :) We're adopting a family in need and a child at the Children's Shelter and providing clothes and toys for them.

I. Hustle
12-08-2015, 12:10 PM
My husband and I aren't exchanging gifts this year. :) We're adopting a family in need and a child at the Children's Shelter and providing clothes and toys for them.

That is awesome. We let the kids each pick a kid from the angel tree. I haven't adopted a whole family though. Do the parents call you mom?

Trill Clinton
12-08-2015, 01:12 PM
What kind of bag did u buy wife last year? I did that last year but this year I'm thinking of getting her a gift card to Nordstrom and maybe something else, haven't figuredone it out yet.

SpursforSix
12-08-2015, 01:21 PM
That is awesome. We let the kids each pick a kid from the angel tree. I haven't adopted a whole family though. Do the parents call you mom?

We do the angel tree too and try to find kids my daughter's age and let her pick their things out per their list. It really makes the point of how tough it is on some families when much of their Christmas list is items that
a lot of kids take for granted. Shoes, coats, etc.

I. Hustle
12-08-2015, 02:11 PM
We do the angel tree too and try to find kids my daughter's age and let her pick their things out per their list. It really makes the point of how tough it is on some families when much of their Christmas list is items that
a lot of kids take for granted. Shoes, coats, etc.

No joke! That kills me.

I. Hustle
12-08-2015, 02:13 PM
What kind of bag did u buy wife last year? I did that last year but this year I'm thinking of getting her a gift card to Nordstrom and maybe something else, haven't figuredone it out yet.

It was a coach set that I know she liked. It was the bag, wallet, keychain and some other crap. I got that this year. I just did that and filled it up with stuff she likes.

lebomb
12-08-2015, 03:19 PM
Im leaning towards a gift card or just cash. Its getting difficult to find exactly what the wife wants. Hell, might as well let her pick it out herself. Then I dont have to rattle my brain or drive all over the damn creation to get her something.

:hat