PDA

View Full Version : Ruminations on the 51-point blowout...

travis2
12-08-2015, 12:59 PM
The 51-point win was (as has been stated in numerous places both here and in the outer world) the largest margin of victory in the history of the franchise. This feat was accomplished completely without the services of Tim, Manu and Kawhi.

One might be driven to conclude that Tim and Manu should be asked to retire, and Kawhi be traded for someone useful.

travis2
12-08-2015, 12:59 PM
:stirpot:

said7
12-08-2015, 01:02 PM
Do you think your post is cute? Just curious.

nym
12-08-2015, 01:04 PM
I was at that game. Philly sucks. Like really, really, REALLY sucks so you can't read too much into it.

But it did give the other players the opportunity to showcase their talents and prove that they can be trusted to play big minutes against garbage teams so the main rotation players can rest.

Mr Bones
12-08-2015, 01:06 PM
Jokes aside, it's pretty incredible for a franchise with the historical success of the Spurs to set a team record for point differential with mostly the bench registering 32 assists... Sure, it's a terrible Philadelphia team, but it shows the whole team buys into the system preached by Pop, and lets other teams know that an injury here or there isn't going to disrupt the spurs...

100%duncan
12-08-2015, 01:14 PM
Ok 51 was nice but this is really getting blown out of proportion. Enough hype guys its the fucking sixers :lol

ceperez
12-08-2015, 01:17 PM
If they kept stats on air-ball attempts, the Sixers may have beaten that record.

The two major contributing factors is

(1) The Sixers are really bad.
(2) The 3rd string Spurs bench is very effective.

spursistan
12-08-2015, 01:18 PM
I shudder at what kind of bad Warriors will do them :lol Unless the Dubs are that much of stat/streak whores, i think Walton will probably give few DNPs/rest against them like Pop..

$pursDynasty
12-08-2015, 01:21 PM
Ok 51 was nice but this is really getting blown out of proportion. Enough hype guys its the fucking sixers :lol
While watching the game thread I was curious if the 3rd string could hold the 36 point lead and what do you know they expanded it (ok Bobo was in there with the end of the bench game for a little while but he wasn't heroballing while with them). The 6ers looked so bad I wonder if the Spurs could have beat them straight up with McCallum, Simmons, Boban, Butler, Kyle and Bonner? That is scary bad no wonder the League is forcing the 6ers to change their ways.

travis2
12-08-2015, 01:23 PM

We're supposed to be having fun. Lighten up.

LaMarcus Bryant
12-08-2015, 01:53 PM
I've never seen a team more feeble than this sixer team.

They had more air balls than field goals made at one point

Seventyniner
12-08-2015, 02:03 PM
I shudder at what kind of bad Warriors will do them :lol Unless the Dubs are that much of stat/streak whores, i think Walton will probably give few DNPs/rest against them like Pop..

I want to see a healthy Warriors squad go into run-up-the-score mode on the Sixers for a full 48 minutes. Could they triple up Philly? 165-55 final score?

Keepin' it real
12-08-2015, 02:11 PM
We're supposed to be having fun. Lighten up.
http://www.wibc.com/sites/g/files/exi441/f/201408/lighten up francis_0.png

Old School 44
12-08-2015, 02:44 PM
Sad part, outside of telling the players to miss on purpose, Pop was probably trying to do everything not to run it up.

DMC
12-08-2015, 02:46 PM
Some team needs to drop 150 on them, beat them by 80. That kind of embarrassment might sway the league to enforce a "competitive effort" rule.

SnakeBoy
12-08-2015, 02:50 PM
I want to see a healthy Warriors squad go into run-up-the-score mode on the Sixers for a full 48 minutes. Could they triple up Philly? 165-55 final score?

It would be more fun to see the dubs lose to Philly.

RD2191
12-08-2015, 02:54 PM
League has too many shitty pathetic teams. Perennial shit that can never get their shit together. League needs to contract at least 4 teams and keep the league competitive and cut the fucking season to 50 games. The fuck we need 82 games for?

boutons_deux
12-08-2015, 03:12 PM
other owners are bitching because when when Philly comes to other towns, the ticket sales crater.

D'angelo is an attempt to turn the business of Philly around.

Spur|n|Austin
12-08-2015, 03:15 PM

No but your sensitivity is.

wildbill2u
12-08-2015, 06:18 PM
Philly is so famous for its raucous fans, I wonder if the boobirds are out in force or are the games like a preseason game with hardly anyone there.

nym
12-08-2015, 10:31 PM
Philly is so famous for its raucous fans, I wonder if the boobirds are out in force or are the games like a preseason game with hardly anyone there.

I've been to 2 Sixers games this season. The one vs the Raptors about a month ago and the arena was empty there wasn't anyone tothere to boo the team. For the Spurs game last night it was fairly full and moat of the time the crowd was just quiet. They did boo during the 2nd half but it was out of sheer frustration for hiw awful they played. In fact the arena was chanting for Boban the last portion of the game.

A friend with season tickets told me that the first time he'd seen the crowd outright boo the team was at one of their most recent games (can't remember which one).

Galileo
12-08-2015, 11:23 PM
League has too many shitty pathetic teams. Perennial shit that can never get their shit together. League needs to contract at least 4 teams and keep the league competitive and cut the fucking season to 50 games. The fuck we need 82 games for?

I second this.