PDA

View Full Version : Will Gary Payton sign with Heat?

Rubberducky
09-20-2005, 07:19 AM
I heard they've been trying to sign him for quite a while now.Your thoughts?

exstatic
09-20-2005, 07:24 AM
He's holding out for the full MCE, I'm sure.

Duncanoypi
09-20-2005, 07:26 AM
added distraction...sign him Heat...please...

TDMVPDPOY
09-20-2005, 07:28 AM
Dont really care where he ends up :D, wouldnt make a difference where he signs imo.

rwb
09-20-2005, 07:52 AM
I have no love for the Glove

theMUHMEshow
09-20-2005, 08:02 AM
added distraction...sign him Heat...please...

Yeah no kidding huh? Billups OWNS the mitten!

Hank Hill
09-20-2005, 08:10 AM
My boy Bobby can take Gary Payton

xcoriate
09-20-2005, 08:53 AM
Parker schools Payton do it heat

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-20-2005, 09:06 AM
Shaq and Gary = a winning combination...for the Pistons.

cheguevara
09-20-2005, 10:39 AM
I hope so. Great help he was to the Lakers and now it's 2 years later

Horry For 3!
09-20-2005, 10:54 AM
I was making fun that Gary Payton will go to the Heat. I will laugh it it comes true.

DesiSpur_21
09-20-2005, 11:09 AM
It'd be fun (for other teams) if he signs with Heat. Imagine a fight between JWill and him in the middle of the court for minutes :lol :lol :lol

biggerspursfanthanu
09-20-2005, 11:11 AM
I hope Gp blows out his knee, Or breaks his back or spine whichever one ensures that he doesnt play anymore. The league has had to put up with his mouth for way too long.

DesiSpur_21
09-20-2005, 11:20 AM
I hope Gp blows out his knee, Or breaks his back or spine whichever one ensures that he doesnt play anymore. The league has had to put up with his mouth for way too long.

Wow!! This is Nasty :spin

biggerspursfanthanu
09-20-2005, 11:25 AM
The spine part was probably a little much, i just dont think he is a very proffessional person. He has always been a pain in the ass and a detrement to the league. Stern may like that kind of high profile crap but im a Spurs fan and that stuff doesnt do it for me.

biggerspursfanthanu
09-20-2005, 12:45 PM
It'd be fun (for other teams) if he signs with Heat. Imagine a fight between JWill and him in the middle of the court for minutes :lol :lol :lol

You think payton would do Jwill like he did speedy and try to bite his ear off. honestly as much as i hate payton that mike tyson move on speedy a few years ago was a friggin riot.

samikeyp
09-20-2005, 12:54 PM
Signing Payton guarantees the EC title.

For someone else.

Kip Fanatic
09-20-2005, 01:39 PM
Miami obviously didn't learn a thing by watching how the Mavericks and Lakers didn't do a thing with all the stars they had on one team. Oh well. Good news for the rest of the teams in the NBA.

JamStone
09-20-2005, 01:39 PM
I don't know why y'all are hating on GP so much. His last few seasons have not been very good, but he's had an excellent career.

As for his mouth being a detriment to the league, I couldn't disagree more. He was one of the more entertaining figures in the NBA in the 90s, and most players around the league love him. He is similar to Charles Barkley in that he speaks his mind with disregard for the political correctness of his comment. And, some people admire that about him, me included. You can say the same thing about a guy like Mario Elie, but he was never as good as GP so people didn't have the venom for him as fans from opposing cities do about GP.

And, to wish him to break his spine is really uncalled for.

As a back-up, I think he could really help the Miami Heat.

biggerspursfanthanu
09-20-2005, 01:43 PM
I dislike barkley too and he doesnt speak without political correctness he speaks with an agenda, to me there is a difference. Also learn to take a joke. Vote for barkley in alabama if u want, and swing on GPs nuts but it doesnt change the fact that they would be absolutely laughed at if they werent basketball stars.

Kip Fanatic
09-20-2005, 01:48 PM
I wasn't hating on him. Its just that he is one with the type of attitude that is that he needs the ball in his hands a lot of the time. Shaq is the same. Oh yeah. Dwayne Wade is going to be like that. Wait. There's more. Antoine Walker likes to have the ball in his hands as well. However, the icing on the cake is that J Will is worse than all of the above-mentioned.

JamStone
09-20-2005, 01:51 PM
I dislike barkley too and he doesnt speak without political correctness he speaks with an agenda, to me there is a difference. Also learn to take a joke. Vote for barkley in alabama if u want, and swing on GPs nuts but it doesnt change the fact that they would be absolutely laughed at if they werent basketball stars.

If someone wrote "I hope Tim Duncan breaks his spine" there would be a mob ready to crucify the guy. If you're going to make a joke, learn to make it funny.

The fact is BARKLEY and PAYTON ARE basketball stars. Play your "if they weren't" game all you want, but they have the spotlight and they have the medium to say the things they say and get away with it. Don't be bitter at a guy just because you don't like his personality and he's famous.

biggerspursfanthanu
09-20-2005, 01:59 PM
Im not bitter but i dont like Payton and Barkley is mildly entertaining at best. We are obviously from different Backgrounds and my joke may not fly for your over sesitive ass but in my circle that woulda been pretty funny. You dont have to like it. Just like i dont have to agree with you. thats life deal. Oh yeah and for somone hung up on political correctness why dont you stop being a fricken oversensitive.

samikeyp
09-20-2005, 02:05 PM
I don't know why y'all are hating on GP so much. His last few seasons have not been very good, but he's had an excellent career.

I think that is the point people were trying to make, I know I was.

Oh and a joke doesn't have to be funny to be a joke. I tell my wife that all the time! :p

biggerspursfanthanu
09-20-2005, 02:11 PM
I think that is the point people were trying to make, I know I was.

Oh and a joke doesn't have to be funny to be a joke. I tell my wife that all the time! :p

Thanks, And if anybody is actually pissed off i dont really want GPs spine to shatter into a million tiny pieces. Maybe just a few pieces. Or maybe just an ammputated leg or something. Seriously though I hope he retires soon.
oh and id like to send out a preemptive sorry to the Sensitive police. :angel

JamStone
09-20-2005, 02:20 PM
Im not bitter but i dont like Payton and Barkley is mildly entertaining at best. We are obviously from different Backgrounds and my joke may not fly for your over sesitive ass but in my circle that woulda been pretty funny. You dont have to like it. Just like i dont have to agree with you. thats life deal. Oh yeah and for somone hung up on political correctness why dont you stop being a fricken oversensitive.

ummmm ok.

I assume your "circle" includes yourself ... and that's it.

I can agree to disagree.

I never said that I was hung up on political correctness. I mentioned that Gary Payton will say things in the media with disregard of being politically correct. I don't think that makes me hung up on political correctness.

All I said was the spine comment was uncalled for and not funny. I was just expressing my opinion, just like you have been. You're making it out to be much more than it is. You can post whatever you want. And, I can do the same. I just said your comment was uncalled for and not funny. That's all.

No need to be so overdramatic about a few little messageboard posts that disagree with you. Don't be so SENSITIVE.

biggerspursfanthanu
09-20-2005, 02:25 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I love the way you turned it around on me beautiful. And to attack me personally by saying i have no friends and then trying to go right off into an im more mature than u sort of speech. Goddamn Classic. But honestly i think we are on the same page. Ill stop being "Dramatic" just for u. I value your opinion as much as u value mine friend.

JamStone
09-20-2005, 02:38 PM
Yeah, I flipped the script. You like that, huh? LOL! And, please ... I wasn't "attacking" you by saying you were the only one in your "circle." It was a "joke." Seems like neither of us get each other's sense of humor. See, you're oversensitive too. It's just how you perceive things when you read a post.

But, it's all cool. I'm not here to argue over petty stuff or get personal. It's a messageboard, and we obviously don't know each other. I don't make personal attacks. If you perceived it as such, I apologize you feel that way.

May your wishes on Gary Payton come true and you have a pleasant feeling from it.

biggerspursfanthanu
09-20-2005, 02:47 PM
Thanks for last post ill sleep better tonight. I would probably feel bad if payton did hurt himself, But not really bad. sorry for the bickering but it seems like all i can find on the boards today so im a little standoffish not your fault mine. My appologies.

JamStone
09-20-2005, 02:53 PM
I know how you feel. It's been pretty boring on most messageboards. I've been itching for a good, healthy debate myself, so I understand the urge to argue.

It's been so boring, I can't wait til PRE-SEASON, and that's sad in itself. But, I've said it for a long time, this Spurs messageboard and the majority of its posters is one of the best I've been on.

So, it's no problem at all ...

CaptainLate
09-21-2005, 07:29 PM
I have no love for the Glove

I think the Heat would rather have Bruce "The Noose" Bowen return than rely on the Glove.

z0sa
09-21-2005, 07:46 PM
i dont know why people are arguing over payton - hes been washed up for years. let him go where he pleases, he'll be more of a detriment than a help. just ask the celtics and the lakers.

Money316
09-21-2005, 08:23 PM
I heard they've been trying to sign him for quite a while now.Your thoughts?

Yeah they all deserve each other.
:fro :fro :fro

The_Game
09-22-2005, 03:42 AM
i dont know why people are arguing over payton - hes been washed up for years. let him go where he pleases, he'll be more of a detriment than a help. just ask the celtics and the lakers.

he averaged 12 and 6 last year, how is that washed up? GP played really well for Boston last year.

Triumph
09-22-2005, 04:15 AM
i don't care where gary payton signs...parker owns him.

now if the heat were after derek fisher, i might have some concerns...:cry

TDMVPDPOY
09-22-2005, 12:35 PM
Is shaq goin to call malone?

if he does, hope the heat do choke in the playoffs.

z0sa
09-22-2005, 03:29 PM
he averaged 12 and 6 last year, how is that washed up? GP played really well for Boston last year.

12 and 6... cant play defense anything like he used to... is a mouthy player that gets his (now ballhog) friends pissed off... led the way to the worst game 7 in celtics history...