PDA

View Full Version : Why Do They Suicide Us?

boutons_deux
12-09-2015, 12:54 PM
What 95 percent of all suicide attacks have in common, since 1980, is not religion, but a

specific strategic motivation to respond to a military intervention, often specifically a military occupation, of territory that the terrorists view as their homeland or prize greatly.

From Lebanon and the West Bank in the 80s and 90s, to Iraq and Afghanistan, and up through the Paris suicide attacks we’ve just experienced in the last days, military intervention—and specifically when the military intervention is occupying territory—that’s what prompts suicide terrorism more than anything else.

ISIS emerged from the insurgency against the US occupation of Iraq just as the Al Qaeda network traces its origins to the Afghan resistance to the Soviet occupation in the 1980s.

Pape’s analysis is consistent with what Lydia Wilson found when she interviewed captured ISIS fighters in Iraq. “They are woefully ignorant about Islam and have difficulty answering questions about Sharia law, militant jihad, and the caliphate,” she recently wrote (http://www.thenation.com/article/what-i-discovered-from-interviewing-isis-prisoners/) in The Nation. “But a detailed, or even superficial, knowledge of Islam isn’t necessarily relevant to the ideal of fighting for an Islamic State, as we have seen from the Amazon order of Islam for Dummies by one British fighter bound for ISIS.”

But what Bin Laden didn’t count on was that we would send a large ground army into Iraq to knock Saddam out. And that turned out to be the most potent recruiting ground for anti-American terrorists that ever was, more so than Bin Laden had ever hoped for in his wildest dreams.

So if your goal is to create military costs on these states and get them to withdraw, you’ve got to figure out a way to really up the ante. And the way that you really up the ante is to get them to overreact. You try to get them to send a large ground army in so that you can truly drive up the costs. That’s what ISIS is trying to sucker us into doing.

The U.S. strategy against ISIS is working and it’s putting enormous pressure on ISIS. It’s a strategy of air and ground power, with the ground power coming from local allies—the Kurds and the Shia in the region, and even some Sunnis who are opposed to ISIS. They’re increasingly working with us on the ground while we’re fighting from the air. The problem here is not that we don’t have enough ground forces.

It’s because the strategy is working that ISIS is now desperate, and is shifting its pattern of behavior.

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/heres-what-man-who-studied-every-suicide-attack-world-says-about-isis-motives?Here%92s-What-a-Man-Who-Studied-Every-Suicide-Attack-in-the-World-Says-About-ISIS%92-Motives

According to this analysis, Repugs wanting US to re-invade Iraq and add Syria is blatantly wrong, is being suckered by ISIS, confirming that the Repugs are ALWAYS WRONG.

DarrinS
12-09-2015, 01:28 PM
Wrong

boutons_deux
12-09-2015, 01:34 PM
Wrong

your eloquence has convinced me.

DarrinS
12-09-2015, 01:37 PM
ISIS is VERY VERY Islamic

MultiTroll
12-09-2015, 02:04 PM
Pape’s analysis is consistent with what Lydia Wilson found when she interviewed captured ISIS fighters in Iraq. “They are woefully ignorant about Islam and have difficulty answering questions about Sharia law, militant jihad, and the caliphate,” she recently wrote (http://www.thenation.com/article/what-i-discovered-from-interviewing-isis-prisoners/) in The Nation. “But a detailed, or even superficial, knowledge of Islam isn’t necessarily relevant to the ideal of fighting for an Islamic State, as we have seen from the Amazon order of Islam for Dummies by one British fighter bound for ISIS.”

Out of work with no job prospects made many turn to UnIsis for what they hoped for would be money and a purpose. Trump has called Bush Oil n War Incs Iraq attack a disaster.

I haven't paid attention. What does the average Fox Repug politician say (or not say) about Bush Oil n Wars invasion? I think you did a post that, like EVERYTHING else they spin it to "Thanks Obama". :lol

boutons_deux
12-09-2015, 02:12 PM
Like young black men in USA, marginalized and facing shitty schools, shitty job prospects, a shitty life of poverty, the everyday insults, frustration, and stress of discrimination, who turn to crime for money, the young Muslim minorities in Europe face the same marginalization.

boutons_deux
12-09-2015, 02:17 PM

Some council of Islamic scholars, mullahs said recently "ISIS is not Islamic". Should I believe you or them?

SpursforSix
12-09-2015, 03:05 PM
Some council of Islamic scholars, mullahs said recently "ISIS is not Islamic". Should I believe you or them?

I believe DarrinS. For all you know, he might be part scholar or mullah.

pgardn
12-09-2015, 05:03 PM
Like young black men in USA, marginalized and facing shitty schools, shitty job prospects, a shitty life of poverty, the everyday insults, frustration, and stress of discrimination, who turn to crime for money, the young Muslim minorities in Europe face the same marginalization.

Most of ISIS is populated by people from the ME. The conditions the kids face there is much more dire than Muslims in Europe or Blacks in the US, it's not even close. So the fodder is gathered from the disillusioned from a lot of places, but mostly the ME. The message to the fodder is you must hate freedom of the individual. So go kill these folks. Follow these strict rules that are unambiguous to the desperate. This is fundamentalism. This is the message.

Now expand upon the message. It's more than having something taken from you. It also gives assurances about the merits of taking action.
We know how the fodder is produced.

pgardn
12-09-2015, 05:06 PM

Its radical fundamentalist Islam.

What does very,very, mean? Is it the same as very, very Christian?

baseline bum
12-09-2015, 05:28 PM

And abortion bombers aren't Christian?

spurraider21
12-09-2015, 06:08 PM
they suicide so they can bang a bunch of 12 year olds in heaven

boutons_deux
12-09-2015, 06:15 PM
And abortion bombers aren't Christian?

Where in the New Testament is murder condoned?

Like Muslim extremists, Christian extremists use religion to justify their crimes.

MultiTroll
12-09-2015, 06:26 PM
Where in the New Testament is murder condoned?

Like Muslim extremists, Christian extremists use religion to justify their crimes.
Chance of clinic bombers destroying the entire world population? 0000000000001
Chance of UnIsamic Dumbphuck continuing mass murders to the point of ??? Much more then 000000001.

spurraider21
12-09-2015, 07:03 PM
:lol clearly the most reliable sources. no bias whatsoever, nope