PDA

View Full Version : Will Manu and Pop get treatment for alzheimer's?

MultiTroll
12-09-2015, 09:59 PM
GNob throwing up ridiculous fadeaway 27 foot crap with time on the clock at crucial junctures.
We saw this movie in 2013. He needed treatment badly. Did not receive it.
He became the Heats MVP and snatched defeat from Spurs victory.

Pop for his part sits and condones.
Sure he punched the chair today but will any treatment be given to Manu?
Maybe he has it too?

Could treatment come in time to save another Championship for Timmy Duncan and the Spurs?
http://www.alz.org/

steeledl
12-09-2015, 10:01 PM
Im so fucking done with Manu... unfortunately the alternative is Green. We are not in good shape at the 2.

UNT Eagles 2016
12-09-2015, 10:02 PM
Im so fucking done with Manu... unfortunately the alternative is Green. We are not in good shape at the 2.
Welp we could have had JR Swish for Brent Barry :lol

ElNono
12-09-2015, 10:04 PM
What do you want him to do when nobody showed up?

17 pts, 3 ast, 4 rebounds, 2 steals, +9 in 24 mins...

I'm hoping Patty or Tony show up the next few games... 4 pts + 3 pts isn't going to get it done, tbh...

MultiTroll
12-09-2015, 10:13 PM

I'm hoping Patty or Tony show up the next few games... 4 pts + 3 pts isn't going to get it done, tbh...
Force GNob into treatment for his continual f ups at crucial junctures.
Football illustration that is fitting.
When Mike Holgrem was QB coach for the 49ers, he sat down with Joe Montana in the video room. They went over every single one of his interceptions. Not just for the Xs and Os aspect, but Holgrem had Montana really search to go over what emotions he was going thru just prior and as he tossed the INT. Sure enough, a fair amount of the time Joe was trying to do too much.

The *treatment* greatly helped and well you saw what Joe went on to do.

Do the same thing with Manu. Make him sit down in the video room and get extensive treatment for the thoughts and emotions he is going thru when he has these Miami Game 6 moments.
I'll do it.

Before the tape of this Toronto game is burned can we show Manus crucial trey chucks in the last half of the 4th this game? At tonights party?

steeledl
12-09-2015, 10:14 PM

His situational basketball IQ is very low.... he really loses a lot of games with just straight up idiocy.

ElNono
12-09-2015, 10:16 PM
Force GNob into treatment for his continual f ups at crucial junctures.
Football illustration that is fitting.
When Mike Holgrem was QB coach for the 49ers, he sat down with Joe Montana in the video room. They went over every single one of his interceptions. Not just for the Xs and Os aspect, but Holgrem had Montana really search to go over what emotions he was going thru just prior and as he tossed the INT. Sure enough, a fair amount of the time Joe was trying to do too much.

The *treatment* greatly helped and well you saw what Joe went on to do.

Do the same thing with Manu. Make him sit down in the video room and get extensive treatment for the thoughts and emotions he is going thru when he has these Miami Game 6 moments.
I'll do it.

Before the tape of this Toronto game is burned can we show Manus crucial trey chucks in the last half of the 4th this game? At tonights party?

I bet you enjoyed Bonner player tonight too :lol

NASpurs
12-09-2015, 10:17 PM

Seriously wtf is wrong with Patty? I'm just as concerned for him as I am for Green. It's not like the bench changed that much, it's still Manu and Bobo doing the heavy work.

Spur|n|Austin
12-09-2015, 10:17 PM

urunobili
12-09-2015, 10:18 PM
lol STFU. You wouldn't be here frustrated cussing if it wasn't for his previous play that made you believe it could have been a win in the first place.

:sleep

ElNono
12-09-2015, 10:19 PM
His situational basketball IQ is very low.... he really loses a lot of games with just straight up idiocy.

He's one of the fiercest competitors on the team. He wants to win, sometimes it works (Boston game), sometimes it doesn't (tonight).

He was one of the reasons we made a run at the end there, when other 'high basketball IQs' guys were hiding...

ElNono
12-09-2015, 10:20 PM
Seriously wtf is wrong with Patty? I'm just as concerned for him as I am for Green. It's not like the bench changed that much, it's still Manu and Bobo doing the heavy work.

Yeah, underwhelming is an understatement, tbh

SAGirl
12-09-2015, 10:22 PM

Agree.
We were lucky Simmons and Anderson showed up tonight, otherwise this would have been worse than it was.

Danny has been concerning to me all season too.

Simmons maybe not ready for real minutes, but might be. Who knows with Pop.
Anderson can play, maybe needs to be pushed by Pop.

Maybe Manu took an ill-advised 3, we have seen that b4.
It makes you go crazy with Manu is launching ill advised 3s, and yet Danny who should be pushing those 3s, is instead driving.

All around bad game, but for sure can't blame this on Manu. Someone else needed to show up and do something else.

steeledl
12-09-2015, 10:23 PM
He's one of the fiercest competitors on the team. He wants to win, sometimes it works (Boston game), sometimes it doesn't (tonight).

He was one of the reasons we made a run at the end there, when other 'high basketball IQs' guys were hiding...

It would be different if he was still a high skilled scorer but at this point he just not very good. He is bad for more often than good. That scale has tipped way over. Tonight was one of his better games of the season but he still made horrible mistakes in the end. Far too often he plays poorly and makes those same mistakes.

He is still one of our only options at the 2.... which sucks... but Pop really does need to pull this nigga aside and put him in his place.

ElNono
12-09-2015, 10:27 PM
It would be different if he was still a high skilled scorer but at this point he just not very good. He is bad for more often than good. That scale has tipped way over. Tonight was one of his better games of the season but he still made horrible mistakes in the end. Far too often he plays poorly and makes those same mistakes.

He is still one of our only options at the 2.... which sucks... but Pop really does need to pull this nigga aside and put him in his place.

It's a make or miss league... you just have to have the huevos to take the game.

Like I said, nary a peep when he hit that 3 against Boston and we won... today, he's "low basketball IQ" and "not very good"... :rolleyes

He makes that 3 and we're in perfect position to win a game we had no business winning, and likely lost in the 1st half... it's not like anybody else was playing well..

ElNono
12-09-2015, 10:29 PM
Agree.
We were lucky Simmons and Anderson showed up tonight, otherwise this would have been worse than it was.

It makes you go crazy with Manu is launching ill advised 3s, and yet Danny who should be pushing those 3s, is instead driving.

All around bad game, but for sure can't blame this on Manu. Someone else needed to show up and do something else.

He makes that and it's the spark we needed to win a completely horrible game from practically anyone... nobody else showed up or was doing shit all game long

MultiTroll
12-09-2015, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by steeledl

^^qft^^

Here is the deal. The two are exclusive.
Any player, no matter how good they are should be willing to work on their weaknesses. If the weakness is something that just cannot be fixed, oh well.
With GNob i believe if he does as the above like Holmgren and Joe Montana, he will get to the bottom of it and get it fixed thus add more rings to the Spurs.
I suspect besides his fierce competitor personality is some Glory Boy attitude that needs to be weeded out.
Ya. Like tonight after the Green steal at 93-90 when there was 12 seconds on the shot clock. Sure a trey rocks there but the Spurs actually had completely stolen momentum from Toronto at that point. A nice deuce there and it's 93-92 and we own momentum. Instead he goes for the (imo) the glory trey.

Johnny RIngo
12-09-2015, 10:32 PM

:lol Tony Parker fans talking about other player's low bball IQ

steeledl
12-09-2015, 10:33 PM
It's a make or miss league... you just have to have the huevos to take the game.

Like I said, nary a peep when he hit that 3 against Boston and we won... today, he's "low basketball IQ" and "not very good"... :rolleyes

He makes that 3 and we're in perfect position to win a game we had no business winning, and likely lost in the 1st half... it's not like anybody else was playing well..

This isn't a single game issue... this is a season long issue that needs to be addressed.I mean, you can't tell me that he is the guy you want trying to take over late in big games? That is all im saying... he needs to stay with in his roll and stop playing hero ball.

ElNono
12-09-2015, 10:34 PM
Here is the deal. The two are exclusive.
Any player, no matter how good they are should be willing to work on their weaknesses. If the weakness is something that just cannot be fixed, oh well.
With GNob i believe if he does as the above like Holmgren and Joe Montana, he will get to the bottom of it.
I suspect besides his fierce competitor personality is some Glory Boy attitude that needs to be weeded out.
Ya. Like tonight after the Green steal at 93-90 when there was 12 seconds on the shot clock. Sure a trey rocks there but the Spurs actually had completely stolen momentum from Toronto at that point. A nice deuce there and it's 93-92 and we own momentum. Instead he goes for the (imo) the glory trey.

Sure it was ill advised. No doubt about it.

Instead of what? Give it to Danny so he can dribble it to the 3rd row? Patty so he can clank another one? Was Tony even playing in the 4th?

Nobody showed up all game long. Manu was the only one driving to the rack in the 4th and trying to cut the lead.

ElNono
12-09-2015, 10:35 PM
This isn't a single game issue... this is a season long issue that needs to be addressed.I mean, you can't tell me that he is the guy you want trying to take over late in big games? That is all im saying... he needs to stay with in his roll and stop playing hero ball.

I don't, but if Kawhi is turning it over, Danny is dribbling in traffic, Tim is in the bench and Tony is hiding on the court... well, sure, I'll take Manu 10 out of 10 times...

siraulo23
12-09-2015, 10:35 PM
its kinda sad that manu was the spurs best player vs the raptors

when kawhi and tp dont show up and green cant make anything, you have a game like tonight

ElNono
12-09-2015, 10:37 PM
Manu never had a problem with Tony, Kawhi or Tim doing their thing closing out when they had it going, tbh...

spurtech09
12-09-2015, 10:45 PM
Meltdown 101

Manu-of-steel
12-09-2015, 10:46 PM
its kinda sad that manu was the spurs best player vs the raptors

when kawhi and tp dont show up and green cant make anything, you have a game like tonight

It's really sad we are still dependent on Manu to bail us out. He did what he had to do, and yet, he gets the blame when in fact he was our best player tonight.

MultiTroll
12-09-2015, 10:55 PM
Agree all the playmaking should not be on Manu.

What happened to LMA in the paint?
He seemed to have opened that can nicely a few games ago?

HarlemHeat37
12-09-2015, 10:56 PM
Manu was one of the only players that played with any energy tonight, tbh..

GSH
12-09-2015, 10:57 PM
Sure it was ill advised. No doubt about it.

Instead of what? Give it to Danny so he can dribble it to the 3rd row? Patty so he can clank another one? Was Tony even playing in the 4th?

Nobody showed up all game long. Manu was the only one driving to the rack in the 4th and trying to cut the lead.

The one knock on Manu is that he plays high-variance ball. That was a bad time for it. They had cut the lead to 3, and there was still time on the clock. Manu didn't have to take that terrible shot, and that was a time that a higher-percentage shot was the only thing. Maybe draw a whistle. Manu has an incredible basketball IQ, but the comment was that his situational IQ leaves something to be desired. You can't deny that. (I'm thinking of a particular foul on Dirk, but I won't be the one to bring it up. :stirpot:)

But immediately after that, Kawhi let Biyombo dunk the ball, instead of fouling a 60% FT shooter. That was pretty piss-poor situational awareness, too.

With Manu, people either remember all the crazy shots that he makes, and under-state the times like tonight when he pisses off a critical possession - or they remember the misses, and forget the fact that the team wouldn't have even been in it at the end, if not for him. That's sort of the nature of high-variance ball. For me, it's impossible to forget how many games he's won, or put the team in the position to win.

ElNono
12-09-2015, 11:06 PM
The one knock on Manu is that he plays high-variance ball. That was a bad time for it. They had cut the lead to 3, and there was still time on the clock. Manu didn't have to take that terrible shot, and that was a time that a higher-percentage shot was the only thing. Maybe draw a whistle. Manu has an incredible basketball IQ, but the comment was that his situational IQ leaves something to be desired. You can't deny that. (I'm thinking of a particular foul on Dirk, but I won't be the one to bring it up. :stirpot:)

But immediately after that, Kawhi let Biyombo dunk the ball, instead of fouling a 60% FT shooter. That was pretty piss-poor situational awareness, too.

With Manu, people either remember all the crazy shots that he makes, and under-state the times like tonight when he pisses off a critical possession - or they remember the misses, and forget the fact that the team wouldn't have even been in it at the end, if not for him. That's sort of the nature of high-variance ball. For me, it's impossible to forget how many games he's won, or put the team in the position to win.

No denying that. But if that's the main criticism you picked up from tonight's piss poor team performance, then you gotta get yourself checked, IMO.

I'm 100% in agreement that Manu shouldn't be main closer in this day and age of the Spurs. But, it's way more alarming nobody else wanted to step up to the plate late in the game. So he did. Sure, he's old, he shouldn't be doing that.

At least I'm glad we have a guy that has the huevos to go fight for it until the last minute, mistakes or not. Peeps here are going to miss that when he's gone, tbh...

YGWHI
12-09-2015, 11:15 PM

I saw Kawhi, 50% 3FG, asking the ball behind the three point line but Parker passed to Manu and that was Manu's air ball from 3.

Like I've said after the game against Boston, why the hell they don't look for the highest probability shot?

ElNono
12-09-2015, 11:26 PM
I saw Kawhi, 50% 3FG, asking the ball behind the three point line but Parker passed to Manu and that was Manu's air ball from 3.

Like I've said after the game against Boston, why the hell they don't look for the highest probability shot?

I wouldn't have a problem with Kawhi taking the 3... I think we're talking the 3 Manu missed when we were 90-93... he just set up Green for his the previous play....

Neurosis
12-09-2015, 11:27 PM
Without Manu we lose by 15+.

Dude is 38 and playing with more ferocity than anyone else on the team. If someone else showed up to play he might not have forced that shot but the way the game was going he probably figured he was the best option.

YGWHI
12-09-2015, 11:32 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with Kawhi taking the 3...

Well, someone has to pass the ball to the guy...Instead of Manu 1-6, Danny 2-7 and Parker 0-2 3's attempts, someone should have to look for the best shooter on the team and make some 3 point play for him.

ElNono
12-09-2015, 11:33 PM
Well, someone has to pass the ball to the guy...Instead of Manu 1-6, Danny 2-7 and Parker 0-2 3's attempts, someone should have to look for the best shooter on the team and make some 3 point play for him.

Leonard 3pt Shot: Made (7 PTS) Assist: Ginobili (2 AST)

Just a few plays before...

YGWHI
12-09-2015, 11:39 PM
Leonard 3pt Shot: Made (7 PTS) Assist: Ginobili (2 AST)

Just a few plays before...

Kawhi 50% from 3. Just imagine...how good it could have been if they pass him more the ball behind the arc...

ElNono
12-09-2015, 11:46 PM
Kawhi 50% from 3. Just imagine...how good it could have been if they pass him more the ball behind the arc...

I want Kawhi more involved, period, tbh... he just didn't seem into the game tonight though... probably still sick...

kuato
12-10-2015, 12:25 AM
Scola wins the match in the first minutes.

MultiTroll
12-10-2015, 12:41 AM
I want Kawhi more involved, period, tbh... he just didn't seem into the game tonight though... probably still sick...
So why did he play? :pop:

SAGirl
12-10-2015, 12:44 AM
So why did he play? :pop:
Pop still doesn't trust the other two wings he has.
Kawhi probably insisted on playing even though he wasn't feeling well, and had to take IV fluids bc of dehydration.

Pop even maybe let Kawhi out there too long when he was ineffective.

Kawhi playing while not at 100% reminds me of Tony trying to do the same. Sometimes these guys have too much of an ego and believe the team will loose if they don't play.

Guess what, it's better to have a replacement player who is healthy and putting in effort, than a sick star who doesn't have stamina or energy to really be out there at a high level.

Doctor J
12-10-2015, 04:26 AM

This!

Pocho La Pantera
12-10-2015, 06:05 AM
If it wasn't for Manu we'd lost by 30 op is stupid, get a life.

dabom
12-10-2015, 06:10 AM
Pop still doesn't trust the other two wings he has.
Kawhi probably insisted on playing even though he wasn't feeling well, and had to take IV fluids bc of dehydration.

Pop even maybe let Kawhi out there too long when he was ineffective.

Kawhi playing while not at 100% reminds me of Tony trying to do the same. Sometimes these guys have too much of an ego and believe the team will loose if they don't play.

Guess what, it's better to have a replacement player who is healthy and putting in effort, than a sick star who doesn't have stamina or energy to really be out there at a high level.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4356wfRtS1rt3ufxo1_500.gif:lmao

Horse
12-10-2015, 07:22 AM
Agree.

We can live with the shot, we can't live with a bailout attempt with 8 sec on the clock.

TMTTRIO
12-10-2015, 07:25 AM
Love Manu and glad he's back but part of me wishes he retired. It's painful to see he can't do the things he used to do.

Canyonero
12-10-2015, 07:26 AM
Lame

GSH
12-10-2015, 08:10 AM
No denying that. But if that's the main criticism you picked up from tonight's piss poor team performance, then you gotta get yourself checked, IMO.

I'm 100% in agreement that Manu shouldn't be main closer in this day and age of the Spurs. But, it's way more alarming nobody else wanted to step up to the plate late in the game. So he did. Sure, he's old, he shouldn't be doing that.

At least I'm glad we have a guy that has the huevos to go fight for it until the last minute, mistakes or not. Peeps here are going to miss that when he's gone, tbh...

If the Spurs are down by 1 or 2, and need a last-second shot to tie or win? I'll watch Manu take the shot and not have any problems with the outcome. Right now, at his age. But that shot last night was a bad choice, and I'd be saying the same thing even if he had made it. (And, as always, I'd catch a lot of shit for saying it, after a miracle shot.) The point is, they didn't NEED a 3 on that possession - they needed the greatest chance of closing the gap a little more.

The Spurs lost that game at about the 10 minute mark of the 3rd. They had closed to 8 points, then in one possession: Parker missed jumper, Parker missed 3P, Aldridge driving layup missed, Green missed 3P. Danny got a steal and: Parker driving layup missed. The starters had a chance to break Toronto's confidence (and lead) at that point, and pissed it away. And people want to blame the loss on Manu for not being 100% perfect in the last few minutes? That's just pure dumb shit.

The Spurs had dug themselves into such a big hole, they had to play perfect down the stretch to win that game, or send it to OT. And Manu damn near got them there. Aside from that one ill-advised shot, this is what the play-by-play shows for Manu in the last 5:24 of the game:
Ginobili driving reverse layup shot
Leonard 3P shot (Ginobili AST)
Ginobili driving layup shot
Green 3P shot (Ginobili AST)
Ginobili FT1 and FT2.

hater
12-10-2015, 08:16 AM
He is beyond finished. I clamored this for months. He will be our undoing.

diego
12-10-2015, 08:43 AM
Missed most of the game, but I couldn't understand two things at the end:

Manu was initiating the offense and looking for kawhi but made 3 aside it looked like kawhi didn't want it. Felt like everyone on the team was passing up shots last night

The raps were missing half their frontcourt, how the hell did lma, td, diaw, West, and Leonard get outplayed by scola and biyombo? Haven't seen the boxscore but thats how it looked to me

Doctor J
12-10-2015, 08:44 AM
If the Spurs are down by 1 or 2, and need a last-second shot to tie or win? I'll watch Manu take the shot and not have any problems with the outcome. Right now, at his age. But that shot last night was a bad choice, and I'd be saying the same thing even if he had made it. (And, as always, I'd catch a lot of shit for saying it, after a miracle shot.) The point is, they didn't NEED a 3 on that possession - they needed the greatest chance of closing the gap a little more.

The Spurs lost that game at about the 10 minute mark of the 3rd. They had closed to 8 points, then in one possession: Parker missed jumper, Parker missed 3P, Aldridge driving layup missed, Green missed 3P. Danny got a steal and: Parker driving layup missed. The starters had a chance to break Toronto's confidence (and lead) at that point, and pissed it away. And people want to blame the loss on Manu for not being 100% perfect in the last few minutes? That's just pure dumb shit.

The Spurs had dug themselves into such a big hole, they had to play perfect down the stretch to win that game, or send it to OT. And Manu damn near got them there. Aside from that one ill-advised shot, this is what the play-by-play shows for Manu in the last 5:24 of the game:
Ginobili driving reverse layup shot
Leonard 3P shot (Ginobili AST)
Ginobili driving layup shot
Green 3P shot (Ginobili AST)
Ginobili FT1 and FT2.

Well-said. 100% agreed!

kaji157
12-10-2015, 09:11 AM
Just not fair to put any blame on Manu this year, he is on a 2.5 million dollar contract, playing whenever Pop decides to play him, and still made plays for us to be in position to win.

Did he took a 3 early in the shoot clock, yes, but he also was responsible for the last 10 spurs points. So if you remove Manu from the team last night most likely you are not in position to win.

The problem i have with the team as of now is why on earth Manu still looks like the player with the most commitment to winning out there.

I dont want to make a lot of noise about a probable loss, but come on, the man is 38 and still outplaying every star on our team and playing harder than the scrubs, that cant continue.

in2deep
12-10-2015, 09:13 AM
wish he had retired

Bartleby
12-10-2015, 09:45 AM
wish he had retired

And replace him with whom?

FromWayDowntown
12-10-2015, 10:22 AM
After the thought exercise about Manu's late 3 against Boston, ElNono should change his name to ElProfeto.

itsamanuthree
12-10-2015, 10:44 AM
People wishing he had retired are either hating, trolling or outright stupid.

hater
12-10-2015, 04:07 PM
And replace him with whom?

An NBA player

Pocho La Pantera
12-10-2015, 04:57 PM
Were was Parker the superstar that makes like ten millions a year? Stupid trolls.

DAF86
12-11-2015, 02:28 PM
Bitching about one of the few players that didn't suck complete ass because of one play where he obviously miss-saw the shotclock. :lol

kuato
12-11-2015, 05:08 PM
People wishing he had retired are either hating, trolling or outright stupid.

The 3 options at the same time i think

TMTTRIO
12-12-2015, 12:00 AM
At this point I'd say bench Manu for a while (he can still practice with the team) and use Simmons the way he's playing.

ElNono
12-12-2015, 12:03 AM
Good rest for Gino in the 2nd half... probably on limited minutes tomorrow @ Atlanta anyways...

DMC
12-12-2015, 12:09 AM
All I know is I am off until January 5th so fuck yall