PDA

View Full Version : Coming for a Spurs game with a couple of questions

DarthManu
12-11-2015, 07:50 AM
Hi everyone, in January I am going to be living out a dream and seeing the Spurs play. :downspin::flag:

I am only coming for a flying visit, flying in the morning of the game and leaving the morning after the game.

my big question relates to getting to and from the game. Because of my early flight I am going to be staying at an airport hotel. What is the best way to get to AT&T center from the airport and then back again after the game. The game I will be attending will be the January 14th game against the Cavs.

What time can I get into the game if I want to check our shoot around and try and get some pics and autographs etc?

Any other advice would be much appreciated.

TheDoctor
12-11-2015, 08:55 AM
...What is the best way to get to AT&T center from the airport and then back again after the game...

I'm not from SA but I would use some kind of public transportation to go to the game and then Uber to get back to the Hotel after the game/nightlife tbh.

I. Hustle
12-11-2015, 09:50 AM
I'm not from SA but I would use some kind of public transportation to go to the game and then Uber to get back to the Hotel after the game/nightlife tbh.

Yeah... you aren't from SA.

Eff the public transportation, dude. Just Uber it both ways. Since you are staying only for the game don't try and go out anywhere afterwards. Just hang out at the Bud Light courtyard afterwards. It is right outside of the arena (it's actually a part of it.) You can hang out there while you wait for your driver because traffic gets pretty bad smoetimes after games.

Gettinginto the arena depends on your tickets. For sure, they let people in an hour before the game starts. If you have really good seats, they let you in earlier than that. Just depends on where you are sitting. Bring a sign saying that you travelled all the way from wherever to see your Spurs. They let those people get close for autographs sometimes.

DarthManu
12-11-2015, 06:20 PM
Yeah... you aren't from SA.

Eff the public transportation, dude. Just Uber it both ways. Since you are staying only for the game don't try and go out anywhere afterwards. Just hang out at the Bud Light courtyard afterwards. It is right outside of the arena (it's actually a part of it.) You can hang out there while you wait for your driver because traffic gets pretty bad smoetimes after games.

Gettinginto the arena depends on your tickets. For sure, they let people in an hour before the game starts. If you have really good seats, they let you in earlier than that. Just depends on where you are sitting. Bring a sign saying that you travelled all the way from wherever to see your Spurs. They let those people get close for autographs sometimes.

What sort of ticket areas get me in 2 hours earlier?

spurs10
12-11-2015, 06:44 PM
What sort of ticket areas get me in 2 hours earlier? Tickets in single or double digit sections on the floor. Section 6 or Section 12 for instances. Charter level seats.

cjw
12-11-2015, 11:41 PM
Uber is your friend. You can even Uber Pool it and it may pair you up with someone else headed to arena & save 25%. Being from NY where Uber isn't as cheap, I'm amazed at what a deal it is elsewhere. No reason to ever drive to a game and not be able to drink.

Silver&Black
12-12-2015, 12:11 AM
Do me a favor when you get to the game OP.

Slap the fire outta Danny Green for me...and tell him to wake the hell up.

:bobo Thanks in advance