PDA

View Full Version : Texas Tries To Redefine “Personhood” To Keep Blacks and Hispanics From Voting

Nbadan
12-12-2015, 02:10 AM
Texas Tries To Redefine “Personhood” To Keep Blacks and Hispanics From Voting

For a long time, Republicans have been hard at work in trying to prevent Black and Hispanic voters from taking to the polls on election day. Now, the Supreme Court is ruling on a case that could change the way we look at voting districts in the worse way imaginable.

Ring of Fire’s Mike Papantonio and Farron Cousins discuss this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=122&v=4gIpKIr3pDM

I wonder if the fetus is still a person?

Winehole23
12-12-2015, 04:39 AM
http://www.scotusblog.com/case-files/cases/evenwel-v-abbott/

boutons_deux
12-12-2015, 06:20 AM
Repug Texians want eligible voters, maybe even just voting voters, to be counted only for districting, but total residents, including anchor babies, Mexican rapists, cantaloupe calves, all counted for allocating number of representatives.

rmt
12-12-2015, 10:42 AM
Repug Texians want eligible voters, maybe even just voting voters, to be counted only for districting, but total residents, including anchor babies, Mexican rapists, cantaloupe calves, all counted for allocating number of representatives.

You don't believe that voting is a privilege that should only be available to citizens over 18? That children, illegals, prisoners, etc should vote? I don't think using total population for electoral college is helping the repubs any - illegals tend to live in democrat cities/states.

ChumpDumper
12-12-2015, 10:59 AM
You don't believe that voting is a privilege that should only be available to citizens over 18? That children, illegals, prisoners, etc should vote? I don't think using total population for electoral college is helping the repubs any - illegals tend to live in democrat cities/states.There are plenty of illegals in Republican states. I'm in one of the biggest.

rmt
12-12-2015, 01:43 PM
There are plenty of illegals in Republican states. I'm in one of the biggest.

Texas - because of its location on the border. But I'd guess that they tend to go to democratic big cities instead of republican rural places.

ChumpDumper
12-12-2015, 02:32 PM
Texas - because of its location on the border. But I'd guess that they tend to go to democratic big cities instead of republican rural places.What does that have to do with the Electoral College?

Splits
12-12-2015, 02:46 PM
What does that have to do with the Electoral College?

I don't know but they better not teach about climate change there, that would be ridiculous.

rmt
12-12-2015, 03:47 PM
Are you guys funning me? Don't want to fall into any silly trap.