PDA

View Full Version : Bulletin board material for the best defense in the league..

spursistan
12-13-2015, 12:14 AM
How can you not hate this bunch of stuck up individuals ..can't wait for Kawhi to eat up this choking faggot in the playoffs :lmao

Asif Ali Zardari
12-13-2015, 12:17 AM
lol couldn't shut down the Clippers but will shut down Curry and Klay? Spurs fans are delusional

TheGreatYacht
12-13-2015, 12:18 AM
lol couldn't shut down the Clippers but will shut down Curry and Klay?
$25 on pump 2. Chop chop

Asif Ali Zardari
12-13-2015, 12:19 AM
$25 on pump 2. Chop chop

Racism is your best reply? ya, I guess that should be expected from Texans

TheGreatYacht
12-13-2015, 12:20 AM
What part of my post made you jump to that conclusion?

:cry

SuperCam
12-13-2015, 12:41 AM
this nig did nothing in the finals and now wants to talk shit? :lol

spursistan
12-13-2015, 12:45 AM
Dude is perennial playoff choker talking in this manner :lol

Kool Bob Love
12-13-2015, 12:46 AM
$25 on pump 2. Chop chop

You WRONG for this TGY. :lol

YGWHI
12-13-2015, 12:47 AM
lol couldn't shut down the Clippers but will shut down Curry and Klay? Spurs fans are delusional

At least the Lakers have Nick Young, who has been known for his strong, suffocating defense...way better than Kawhi, right?

Cry Havoc
12-13-2015, 12:51 AM
How can you not hate this bunch of stuck up individuals ..can't wait for Kawhi to eat up this choking faggot in the playoffs :lmao

25-1. And the trophy. They've earned the right to have some swagger.

midnightpulp
12-13-2015, 12:51 AM
I respect what the Warriors have achieved, and they are the defending champions, so they deserve that "respect." But I find it funny that fans (usually of other teams, like the Lakers) think the Spurs are some kind of massive underdog against the Warriors and should be irrationally feared as some kind of unstoppable force.

Fact is, the Warriors have more to prove against the Spurs than vice versa. They're really no better than they were last year (truth is, the Warriors escaped a lot of games this season), and we put a stranglehold on that "no one shuts us down" offense twice. Curry is 4-12 (including playoffs) against the Kawhi-era Spurs.

I still give them the champions benefit of the doubt and have us as an underdog in a potential series, but it's 40-60.

SpursFan86
12-13-2015, 01:01 AM
I respect what the Warriors have achieved, and they are the defending champions, so they deserve that "respect." But I find it funny that fans (usually of other teams, like the Lakers) think the Spurs are some kind of massive underdog against the Warriors and should be irrationally feared as some kind of unstoppable force.

Fact is, the Warriors have more to prove against the Spurs than vice versa. They're really no better than they were last year (truth is, the Warriors escaped a lot of games this season), and we put a stranglehold on that "no one shuts us down" offense twice. Curry is 4-12 (including playoffs) against the Kawhi-era Spurs.

I still give them the champions benefit of the doubt and have us as an underdog in a potential series, but it's 40-60.

I think it's closer to 30-35% personally (talking about Spurs' chance of winning a series, assuming they have HCA), but I agree that it's not like we'd just be complete underdogs who would need a miracle to win a series. That 30-35% would be closer to 40-45% if LMA plays how we know he can play and Green gets his shit together.

It'll be somewhat of a "unstoppable force meets an immovable object" scenario when it comes to their offense vs. our defense.

GS: 115.6 ORTG (+11.6 from league average, +5.4 from 2nd best offense)
SA: 94.4 DRTG (-9.6 from league average, -4.9 from 2nd best defense)

Those numbers will get even closer after tonight with the Spurs holding Atlanta to 78 points and GS only scoring 95 against Milwaukee.

Both teams are operating at GOAT-tier levels on their respective ends of the court...regardless of the outcome, any basketball fan should be thrilled at the idea of a GS/SA series.

Spurtacular
12-13-2015, 01:01 AM

When did they ever eliminate the Spurs? I guess they should talk while they can.

dabom
12-13-2015, 01:03 AM
When did they ever eliminate the Spurs? I guess they should talk while they can.

:hat

midnightpulp
12-13-2015, 01:12 AM
I think it's closer to 30-35% personally (talking about Spurs' chance of winning a series, assuming they have HCA), but I agree that it's not like we'd just be complete underdogs who would need a miracle to win a series. That 30-35% would be closer to 40-45% if LMA plays how we know he can play and Green gets his shit together.

It'll be somewhat of a "unstoppable force meets an immovable object" scenario when it comes to their offense vs. our defense.

Those numbers will get even closer after tonight with the Spurs holding Atlanta to 78 points and GS only scoring 95 against Milwaukee.

Both teams are operating at GOAT-tier levels on their respective ends of the court...regardless of the outcome, any basketball fan should be thrilled at the idea of a GS/SA series.

Yeah, my 40% was assuming we'd be running on all cylinders. Health, Green bouncing back, LMA fully integrated. The Thunder always loom, as well. They're turning it around.

bic50
12-13-2015, 01:16 AM

:lol@Laker fan calling spurs fans delusional.

SpursFan86
12-13-2015, 01:27 AM
Yeah, my 40% was assuming we'd be running on all cylinders. Health, Green bouncing back, LMA fully integrated. The Thunder always loom, as well. They're turning it around.

Yeah I'm not really high on some of OKC's players (Roberson essentially makes them play 4-on-5 on offense, Waiters is a complete dumbass, etc.) but you can never count a team out with healthy KD + Westbrook. They've quietly looked like the 3rd best team in the league this year, and that's with KD missing a good chunk of games. If KD can stay healthy, they'll absolutely be a serious threat come playoff time. Obviously way too early to start thinking much about seeding, but my guess is that we'll be 2nd seed and they'll be 3rd, and we'll end up having to play them in the 2nd round. Unfortunately not the most ideal series when GS will likely be waiting with HCA after beating up some team like LAC or Memphis.

Although I will say that the fact they have Billy Donovan makes me a little less worried. He seems like a pretty terrible coach from what I've seen (worse than Brooks).

tmtcsc
12-13-2015, 03:07 AM

Nah, gun carrying should be expected from Texans.

UNT Eagles 2016
12-13-2015, 03:16 AM

Last year we had Shitter and Cancernelli, this year we have LMAlpha. Our defense is a completely different animal. We'll be fine against both teams

Also, here's $40, ring up mah six pack and apply the rest to pump #5. Chop chop, asshole, don't be a terrorist!

Robz4000
12-13-2015, 03:19 AM

If LMA plays to his potential and Green regresses to the mean with everything else so far this season staying the same, Spurs have a 50/50 shot. Dubs are historically great, but the Spurs have the potential to be the same and match up well.

100%duncan
12-13-2015, 10:41 AM

By they you mean green iggy and steph?

Its funny, I dont have a problem with guys having the warriors dick all over their mouths but klay thompson really? The nigga can get injured and they would still be favorites to win the ship.

DJR210
12-13-2015, 10:45 AM
$25 on pump 2. Chop chop

:lol

steeledl
12-13-2015, 10:48 AM

How are you going to be upset of racism and then reveal your own prejudices immediately after? :lmao

daledondale
12-13-2015, 10:54 AM
By they you mean green iggy and steph?

Its funny, I dont have a problem with guys having the warriors dick all over their mouths but klay thompson really? The nigga can get injured and they would still be favorites to win the ship.
This. KT must shut the fuck up, choking sad nigga.

SupremeGuy
12-13-2015, 04:12 PM
lol couldn't shut down the Clippers but will shut down Curry and Klay? Spurs fans are delusionalDamn bro, that's some weak trolling. Like seriously, people were trolling better 15 years ago when it first became popular. Really fucking weak shit.

TD 21
12-13-2015, 05:05 PM
But I find it funny that fans (usually of other teams, like the Lakers) think the Spurs are some kind of massive underdog against the Warriors and should be irrationally feared as some kind of unstoppable force.

If LMA plays to his potential and Green regresses to the mean with everything else so far this season staying the same, Spurs have a 50/50 shot. Dubs are historically great, but the Spurs have the potential to be the same and match up well.

:tu

Green would need to progress to the mean.

The Spurs have two things going for them: 1) They should have another gear eventually, for all the obvious reasons. 2) In the interim, no one stands out as an obvious candidate to regress to the mean. Some will say Parker and Ginobili, but if they somehow manage to avoid any significant or lingering injuries (unlikely, but still), they can probably maintain at least close to their current level given the lightened workloads.

Buddy Mignon
12-13-2015, 06:24 PM
$25 on pump 2. Chop chop

You have a little car, don't you... lol.

ElNono
12-13-2015, 06:42 PM
^ not everybody can have a 4 tailed dragon to fly you around... crofl

RD2191
12-13-2015, 07:38 PM
Cept Kawhi..

LoneStarState'sPride
12-13-2015, 09:17 PM
Let 'em talk.

TheMulletMan3000
12-14-2015, 05:25 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/tsl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&type=team_totals&lg_id=NBA&year_min=1980&year_max=&franch_id=&c1stat=&c1comp=gt&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=def_rtg&order_by_asc=Y

Spurs have the greatest defense of the 3-p era.

Horse
12-14-2015, 07:49 AM

We've done it before asswipe

snickles
12-14-2015, 09:48 AM
When did they ever eliminate the Spurs?

1991 i think.....