PDA

View Full Version : I'm Getting Rich off Your Vote

ElNono
12-13-2015, 10:27 PM
I'm Getting Rich off Your Vote

A British political gambler predicts the entire 2016 election.

By Paul Krishnamurty - December 11, 2015

Of the many superlatives history will bestow on America’s 2016 presidential race, here’s one you might not have heard: It will be the biggest political gambling event of all time. And as a British professional gambler, without any ideological axe to grind, I have one simple agenda: to make as much money as humanly possible, right up until November 8, 2016, betting on your elections.

Political betting is virtually unknown to most Americans, mainly because betting on politics is illegal in the U.S., apart from small-stakes prediction sites. But in Britain, where I live, our ultra-liberal gambling laws let us bet on pretty much anything taking place anywhere in the world, for whatever stakes we can afford. And when it comes to the profit scale, opportunities and pure entertainment, no gambling market quite compares to this one.

Read the whole thing here: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/12/presidential-election-2016-gambler-predicts-213430?o=0

---

I thought it was a good read. Frankly, betting markets like the now defunct Intrade were so much better than polls at predicting this kind of races.

Here's Betfair current odds for President: https://www.betfair.com/exchange/politics/market?id=924.8325569&exp=s

rmt
12-13-2015, 10:55 PM
Biden over Fiorini.

Ball Buster
12-13-2015, 11:10 PM
Interesting. They have Rubio with better odds at getting the Republican nomination over Trump.

pgardn
12-13-2015, 11:57 PM
Every 4 years...

Thats a long wait between his lucrative US plays. And this year is unusual on the Republican side. They once prided themselves on early organized efforts.

Interesting though.

boutons_deux
12-14-2015, 05:26 AM
Interesting. They have Rubio with better odds at getting the Republican nomination over Trump.

Repugs know Trump can't win the WH. Everybody knows that. Trump is trolling the Repugs and America, pimping his brand.