PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Trade that makes sense: Howard for Horford

Kawhitstorm
12-15-2015, 10:54 PM
Both the Rockets/Hawks have regressed something terrible & need to shake up the roster if they have any hope of resembling a contender.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=q3vg8rm

The Hawks need an inside presence to free up the shooters & Millsap/Horford are too redundant thus one of them needs to go. Dwight has worn out his welcome in Houston & Capella is outplaying him defensively thus the Rockets won't lose much if he's gone. Horford will open up the lanes for Harden & he can launch as many 3s as he wishes w/ the Rockets. Dwight is also from ATL so that's probably one of his favored destinations.

Robz4000
12-15-2015, 10:57 PM
:lol no one is going to trade for Howard

Kawhitstorm
12-15-2015, 11:07 PM
:lol no one is going to trade for Howard

Ezeli/Whiteside makes more sense for ATL in the offseason but if they aren't planning on re-signing Horford & want to challenge the Cavs season then taking a chance on Dwight makes sense. Otherwise, it's a lost season for the Hawks.

baseline bum
12-15-2015, 11:10 PM
Both the Rockets/Hawks have regressed something terrible & need to shake up the roster if they have any hope of resembling a contender.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=q3vg8rm

The Hawks need an inside presence to free up the shooters & Millsap/Horford are too redundant thus one of them needs to go. Dwight has worn out his welcome in Houston & Capella is outplaying him defensively thus the Rockets won't lose much if he's gone. Horford will open up the lanes for Harden & he can launch as many 3s as he wishes w/ the Rockets. Dwight is also from ATL so that's probably one of his favored destinations.

Bible Kemp wanted no part of going to Atlanta a couple of years ago.

Robz4000
12-15-2015, 11:12 PM
Ezeli/Whiteside makes more sense for ATL in the offseason but if they aren't planning on re-signing Horford & want to challenge the Cavs season then taking a chance on Dwight makes sense. Otherwise, it's a lost season for the Hawks.

Trading for dwert makes them worse both in the short term and long term, especially if they give up their best/second best player in Horford.

Mel_13
12-15-2015, 11:15 PM

It's a lost season with or without Dwight. If I were a Hawks fan I would not want my team to acquire Dwight.

SquawkinHawkBigCock
12-15-2015, 11:17 PM
:lmao:lmao

Kawhitstorm
12-15-2015, 11:25 PM
Bible Kemp wanted no part of going to Atlanta a couple of years ago.

That was when he was still a superstar & wanted to play for a big-market team so he could be a household name. Things have now changed & he probably wouldn't mind being the best player on a small-market team like he was in Orlando.

Spurtacular
12-15-2015, 11:27 PM
How about Ariza for Kawhi?

Kawhitstorm
12-15-2015, 11:28 PM
It's a lost season with or without Dwight. If I were a Hawks fan I would not want my team to acquire Dwight.

Sometime you have to gamble to make something out of nothing. Tyson Chandler essentially went from being washed up b/c of injures to anchoring a championship defense within a matter of a season.

Spurtacular
12-15-2015, 11:37 PM
Howard is not the defensive force he was. He's not worth "the gamble" at this point. Either way, Hawks won't be getting to The Finals.

Mel_13
12-15-2015, 11:38 PM
Sometime you have to gamble to make something out of nothing. Tyson Chandler essentially went from being washed up b/c of injures to anchoring a championship defense within a matter of a season.

Hardly analogous situations. Paul Millsap isn't Dirk, Teague isn't Kidd, and Thabo isn't Marion.

Swapping Horford for Dwight doesn't make it any more likely that Atlanta beats Cleveland.

TheGreatYacht
12-15-2015, 11:56 PM
Hawks fans fucking hate Horford at this point, doubt Morey gives them Dwight for that scrub.... But if Bud pulls this off :wow

ATL needs rebounding help ever since losing Carroll, Horford is a bottom tier rebounder like Amare. Dwight would give them a legit Center who won't get bullied by Titstan Thompson

DMC
12-16-2015, 12:00 AM
Doesn't improve either team. Horford and Carmelo might end up in LA though, maybe James as well. We'll see.

Kawhitstorm
12-16-2015, 12:24 AM
Hardly analogous situations. Paul Millsap isn't Dirk, Teague isn't Kidd, and Thabo isn't Marion.

Swapping Horford for Dwight doesn't make it any more likely that Atlanta beats Cleveland.

Except for the fact that Dwight at 90% is a better scorer, rebounder, shot blocker & post defender than Chandler.:lol It pretty obvious Dwight isn't even trying on defense right now, dude is checked out.

Mel_13
12-16-2015, 12:28 AM
Except for the fact that Dwight at 90% is a better scorer, rebounder, shot blocker than Chandler.

Okay.

Trading Harford for Dwight doesn't get Atlanta past Cleveland.

Kawhitstorm
12-16-2015, 12:32 AM
Okay.

Trading Harford for Dwight doesn't get Atlanta past Cleveland.

Unless Kyrie is a 100%, a rejuvenated Dwight/Millsap/Teague/Korver can give LeBron/Love/Kyrie/Tristan a run for their money. Dwight's presence is going to neutralize Tristan & will make LeBron think twice before he drives into the paint. Korver/Millsap/Teague would eat just like Rashard Lewis/Hedo/Jameer did when he was in Orlando.

Kawhitstorm
12-16-2015, 12:35 AM
Doesn't improve either team. Horford and Carmelo might end up in LA though, maybe James as well. We'll see.

Horford/Carmelo/Randle frontline ain't going to be any better than Millsap/Horford.:lol

Mel_13
12-16-2015, 12:37 AM
Unless Kyrie is a 100%, a rejuvenated Dwight/Millsap/Teague/Korver can give LeBron/Love/Kyrie/Tristan a run for their money. Dwight's presence is going to neutralize Tristan & will make LeBron think twice before he drives into the paint. Korver/Millsap/Teague would eat just like Rashard Lewis/Hedo/Jameer did when he was in Orlando.

We disagree.

Kawhitstorm
12-16-2015, 12:42 AM
Hawks fans fucking hate Horford at this point, doubt Morey gives them Dwight for that scrub.... But if Bud pulls this off :wow

ATL needs rebounding help ever since losing Carroll, Horford is a bottom tier rebounder like Amare. Dwight would give them a legit Center who won't get bullied by Titstan Thompson

Horford is the type of player that could play w/ Harden since he's a pick-n-pop player who will open up lanes for him. Capela would do the dirty work & Horford would be playing his natural position at the 4 thus rebounding won't be a big issue. He's also an expiring contract thus they can unload him & rebuild if thing don't work out.

TheGreatYacht
12-16-2015, 12:50 AM
Dwight kicks it out to Korver.... Has a nice twist to it tbh.

I'm already a fan of Dwight for ruining the Lakers for decades to come, but if he can ruin Harden's chances at success :wow

Kawhitstorm
12-16-2015, 01:12 AM
We disagree.

RWRgOwC2jw8

Kawhitstorm
12-16-2015, 01:20 AM
Howard is not the defensive force he was. He's not worth "the gamble" at this point. Either way, Hawks won't be getting to The Finals.

He can still bring it, he just doesn't give a shyt anymore after the McHale firing. He destroyed 3 of the tops centers in the league (Brook Lopez, Cousins, Vucevic) earlier this season. He also dominated DeAndre & locked up Blake in the 4th quarter of Gm 6 this past postseason despite playing w/ a torn meniscus. Last time he was relatively healthy, he ate Robin Lopez's lunch in the playoffs.

A5_TkS07vc4

Kawhitstorm
12-16-2015, 01:22 AM
Dwight kicks it out to Korver.... Has a nice twist to it tbh.

Better than this crap: https://vine.co/v/e3KQItWKA6x

Mel_13
12-16-2015, 05:47 AM
RWRgOwC2jw8

If that Dwight still existed, Houston wouldn't be 12-14.

TDMVPDPOY
12-16-2015, 06:26 AM
utah jizz should trade for bible kemp...those mormons and d12 will have alot in common

Venti Quattro
12-16-2015, 11:10 AM
You should stop posting anything. That trade makes no sense whatsoever

spursistan
12-16-2015, 11:20 AM
We are seeing the extent of Harden cancerouness, tbh..he is such a horrible player to share the court with..Howard isn't palatable character, but he got along with Mchale and was pretty good their three playoff runs...both will end up getting run out of town, it seems..

I agree with the premise that Houston/Hawks need to do something drastic to change the course of their season but i'm not sure having Howard/Splitter at C depth chart is that great calculated risk..Atlanta might end up trotting out D league center for too many games seen the latter duo health record :lol..but sometimes you just have to gamble in this league..better yet, as if trading for a better in-his-prime option, albeit a certified headcase, like Cousins isn't another form of it..

Kawhitstorm
12-16-2015, 04:06 PM
If that Dwight still existed, Houston wouldn't be 12-14.

LeBron ain't what he used to be either. If the Hawks get 90% of 2009 Dwight just for the postseason then it would worth it.

Mel_13
12-16-2015, 04:18 PM
LeBron ain't what he used to be either. If the Hawks get 90% of 2009 Dwight just for the postseason then it would worth it.

I don't believe anything close to 2009 Dwight will ever be seen again. I wouldn't want my team to pursue him at all, let alone as someone you hope to be the best player on a contending team. IMO, Dwight will only get a ring as a complementary player and he first has to accept that reality for it even to be possible.

BatManu20
12-16-2015, 04:36 PM
Hawks season is already lost regardless so long as the Cavs are healthy tbh.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-16-2015, 04:38 PM
I see Markriff Morris getting traded to Detroit

DMC
12-16-2015, 05:24 PM
Hawks season is already lost regardless so long as the Cavs are healthy tbh.
And Irving is coming back in the next few days. That could slow the Cavs down a bit as they try to integrate him back into the offense, but their peak will be higher.

Kawhitstorm
01-19-2016, 01:37 AM
I don't believe anything close to 2009 Dwight will ever be seen again. I wouldn't want my team to pursue him at all, let alone as someone you hope to be the best player on a contending team. IMO, Dwight will only get a ring as a complementary player and he first has to accept that reality for it even to be possible.

:wakeup

spursistan
01-19-2016, 01:41 AM
just put up 36/26 ..he still got something left but will need an elite coach/system to squeeze it out of him..he would beast with Carlisle or Brad Stevens in Boston..

apalisoc_9
01-19-2016, 01:43 AM
Dwight still have a couple of years left. You have to question his body though. A 5 year conctract can kill a team for the next 5 years.

If there is anyway to convince him to get a two year deal for like 40 or 50, then teams should go for him.

Mel_13
01-19-2016, 04:50 AM
:wakeup

:sleep

Kawhitstorm
01-19-2016, 03:38 PM
:sleep

I'm Gucci, You're PoLo

Kawhitstorm
05-02-2016, 07:20 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zhwuuxu

RsxPiimp
05-02-2016, 07:50 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zhwuuxu

Damn, that's 40% of atlantas offense bruh, don't think Schroeder and bazemore can carry that load:lol

Kawhitstorm
05-02-2016, 08:01 PM
Damn, that's 40% of atlantas offense bruh, don't think Schroeder and bazemore can carry that load:lol

Schroder/Bazemore/Ariza > Teague/Korver

Dwert > Horford

Schroder/Bazemore/Ariza/Millsap/Dwert seems pretty formidable to me.

Kawhitstorm
10-28-2016, 12:18 PM
:king