PDA

View Full Version : Ferris Bueller's Day Off - Movie review

SpursforSix
12-16-2015, 11:50 PM
Still holds up OK. Some funny stuff.
7/10

But he's really a dick for a friend. Basically ignoring Cameron and taking the car without any thought to the repercussions for his best bud.

baseline bum
12-16-2015, 11:53 PM
Fast Times at Ridgemont High is the canonical 80s HS movie, plus it has tits.

SpursforSix
12-16-2015, 11:57 PM

Hells yeah. I remember me and my friends watching that on HBO whenever the parents were not around.

DJR210
12-17-2015, 12:17 AM
Great review, thanks!

I can always count on my boy SpursforSix (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=49684) to bring his all, and deliver good, honest reviews of the top movies.

DJR210
12-17-2015, 12:18 AM
SpursforSix, can we get a review for that movie Kids?

SpursforSix
12-17-2015, 12:33 AM
SpursforSix, can we get a review for that movie Kids?

If I watch it again...maybe. I haven't seen it in years. I don't like to just spit out reviews without having a film fresh in my head so I can prove some insight. All I really remember is the cool song, Natural One.

Pauly D
12-17-2015, 01:22 AM

Fast Times >>> Breakfast Club >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ferris Bueller

And yeah, Ferris is an insufferable asshole, his parents are naive retards, and I wish the principal had raped the sister then caught Ferris and permanently fucked his life up

DJR210
12-17-2015, 01:54 AM
If I watch it again...maybe. I haven't seen it in years. I don't like to just spit out reviews without having a film fresh in my head so I can prove some insight. All I really remember is the cool song, Natural One.

No shit, im recommending you watch it.

HI-FI
12-17-2015, 02:02 AM
as much as I love that film, the book is different and great in its own way. Cameron Crowe wrote both. I rented it while at UT but it goes for about $100 used.
As for Bueller, it's a classic as well, really hasn't been anyone like Hughes since.

Thread
12-17-2015, 04:46 AM
.........& the girl. The epitome of femininity. She cuts this film with a fine edge. The movie is set (1986) as (woman) is in full roar, but, majestically she is an instant throwback as she dedicates herself to this boy. She is his---in,,,body & soul. Coquettish she is at times child, then woman to not only the son, but, to his father. She's lent to tawdry words & acts of incest & we perk up, edge forward & visualize it, and it's so clean & so suburban.

She lands here, a one hit comet that smashes in and 30 years later still brilliantly lights the running time.

John Hughes

philldafunk
12-17-2015, 05:24 PM
I always had the thought that Cameron and Sloane kinda had a "thing"

baseline bum
12-17-2015, 05:34 PM
.........& the girl. The epitome of femininity. She cuts this film with a fine edge. The movie is set (1986) as (woman) is in full roar, but, majestically she is an instant throwback as she dedicates herself to this boy. She is his---in,,,body & soul. Coquettish she is at times child, then woman to not only the son, but, to his father. She's lent to tawdry words & acts of incest & we perk up, edge forward & visualize it, and it's so clean & so suburban.

She lands here, a one hit comet that smashes in and 30 years later still brilliantly lights the running time.

John Hughes

Duncan 5
Tired old shit bag Bryant 5

DJR210
12-17-2015, 05:39 PM
Duncan 5
Tired old shit bag Bryant 5

:cry 18 PPG over his last 5 :cry
:cry less is more :cry
:cry deferred to the promising young Lakers core :cry
:cry revoke the retirement :cry
:cry stitch on a percent sign next to jersey number for next season :cry

Pauly D
12-17-2015, 08:22 PM

There was literally no reason to think that.

Thread
12-17-2015, 09:43 PM
There was literally no reason to think that.

Absolutely. She could flirt with the unavailable, the forbidden= the principal, Ferris' father, but, she had to be chaste among the children & their peers. And I believe she was two years back of Ferris. And he is concerned how he should handle this situation as he speaks into the camera toward the end of the film. That is rare for that time that they would be so committed to one another at such a young age and let it be known in the film. It's never questioned, it's never ridiculed, it's never criticized. It just is.

Pauly D
12-17-2015, 10:25 PM
Absolutely. She could flirt with the unavailable, the forbidden= the principal, Ferris' father, but, she had to be chaste among the children & their peers. And I believe she was two years back of Ferris. And he is concerned how he should handle this situation as he speaks into the camera toward the end of the film. That is rare for that time that they would be so committed to one another at such a young age and let it be known in the film. It's never questioned, it's never ridiculed, it's never criticized. It just is.

You typed all that out without actually saying anything. When did she show any signs of affection to him besides a "aww, poor kid" reaction to him when he nearly drowned?

SpursforSix
12-17-2015, 10:35 PM

John Hughes

Yeah..wtf. "Sometimes a child"?? When? Thing with Cameron? What leads anyone o believe that? Name some scenes?

Thread
12-17-2015, 11:47 PM
You typed all that out without actually saying anything. When did she show any signs of affection to him besides a "aww, poor kid" reaction to him when he nearly drowned?

I was agreeing with you, you stupid ass.

Pauly D
12-18-2015, 12:54 AM
I was agreeing with you, you stupid ass.

Shut the fuck up, bitch

SpursforSix
12-18-2015, 01:18 AM
Lol

Blake
12-18-2015, 10:06 AM

John Hughes

Incest? Lolwut

Thread
12-18-2015, 10:48 AM
Incest? Lolwut

Yes, when the two boys go to the school to spring her she first flirts with the principal, then goes to the sports car in the parking lot where her "father" is waiting and before getting into the car kisses him passionately. Jeffrey Jones who plays the principal comments:::"Oh, so that's how it is in that family."

SpursforSix
12-19-2015, 01:06 AM
Yes, when the two boys go to the school to spring her she first flirts with the principal, then goes to the sports car in the parking lot where her "father" is waiting and before getting into the car kisses him passionately. Jeffrey Jones who plays the principal comments:::"Oh, so that's how it is in that family."

What a caper eh?

Amuseddaysleeper
12-19-2015, 01:08 AM
Ferris Bueller is one of my all time favorite movies (that and Raging Bull).

I even did the goofy tour in Chicago.

SpursforSix
12-19-2015, 01:12 AM

Lol @ Jeffry Jones passing judgement. Today, when I watch the closing scene of him boarding the bus...I wonder...

Thread
12-19-2015, 11:30 AM
Lol @ Jeffry Jones passing judgement. Today, when I watch the closing scene of him boarding the bus...I wonder...

Yes. He came this||close to going away for a long, long time. And still hasn't surfaced since then.

Thread
12-19-2015, 11:32 AM
Ferris Bueller is one of my all time favorite movies (that and Raging Bull).

Yes, they've been showing that on my cable for the last couple weeks. Never grows old. You can pick it up anywhere and enjoy it.

Thread
12-19-2015, 11:46 AM
What a caper eh?

Yep, and the production has her dressed appropriately, even downplays her attire to draw us in, keep it in our heads instead of all over the fuckin' screen. The leather jacket---abundantly fringed. The gray culottes (which I detested then (before the picture)) I was rapt with attention her legs were just the right size and scope to make the culottes work. One knew there was nothing but panties neath there, white panties of the school girl. Her hair perfection, no falls, no extensions, just shampooed with an elixir from God and combed out. Hughes doesn't pander to her with his camera, but, she is always, always there until it's near unbearable, during & after the viewing. One can get their mind around it, but, she's always away, like in the movie, her and the boy never couple, sexually, or domestically, their relationship, their union is in words, his words, her constant fidelity. It's a comfort. She's not drifting during the running time. We're set at the beginning and it never deviates.

Again,,,

John Hughes

tlongII
12-20-2015, 02:24 AM
Anyone?
Anyone?
Bueller?

Chris
12-20-2015, 03:26 AM
Unfortunately, this movie started a string of shitty sitcoms where the main character freezes time and takes a minute to look into the camera and explain everything to the viewer. I always thought that was hokum.

mavsfan1000
12-22-2015, 09:47 PM
Classic 80's movie.

Nbadan
12-22-2015, 11:50 PM
it's no back to the future....

Capt Bringdown
12-24-2015, 10:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhdk_44Gmew