PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi Highlights for the 2015-2016 Season So Far...

BillMc
12-17-2015, 07:13 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnijwAhcnTk

dabom
12-17-2015, 07:27 AM
I'm hyped up Bill. The goods. :toast

TrainOfThought5
12-17-2015, 07:28 AM
Thank God hes a spur.

BillMc
12-17-2015, 07:46 AM
I'm hyped up Bill. The goods. :toast

Thanks man. One wonders if he can get a 50-40-90 season? If anything the FT's would be his downfall.

Thank God hes a spur.

Agreed. A slight upgrade over He Who Should Not Be Named. :lol

ceperez
12-17-2015, 08:05 AM
Last game 4-7 from 3 point line... 57% ... that is just not fair. How is anyone supposed to guard him?

Chinook
12-17-2015, 08:32 AM
He's every bit the superstar his krew predicted he would be. I'll give them credit for that. If this is the real Kawhi -- the Kawhi the Spurs will have for another eight years or so -- then he may redefine the Spurs' pantheon.

Old School 44
12-17-2015, 08:37 AM
Thanks for posting!
Incredible player...and only getting better. Scary thought for the rest of the league.

GSH
12-17-2015, 08:38 AM
I remember a time here when a lot of people... a LOT of people... wondered if the Spurs should have just kept George Hill and their normal draft pick for that year.

It was a reasonable question, too. Hill was a pretty good player, who was still getting better. Add another first-rounder to him, and it's hard for one guy to have more of an impact on a team. Especially a guy that got taken with the 15th pick. I was one of those people.

For those who never saw it, and those who have forgotten, this was a great story about how that trade actually unfolded. At the time it was written, the author was still speculating that the trade was going to eventually lean in San Antonio's favor. http://grantland.com/features/analyzing-kawhi-leonard-george-hill-trade-2013-conference-finals/

Here's a little fantasy draft: Imagine that instead of taking CoJo, the Spurs had picked Jimmy Butler (who went with the next pick), and Isaiah Thomas with the #42 pick they got as a kicker in the trade for Hill.

Orrrr, instead of getting Kawhi that year, they could have traded all the way up to #10 and snagged... Jimmer Fredette! :lol

ceperez
12-17-2015, 08:54 AM
I remember a time here when a lot of people... a LOT of people... wondered if the Spurs should have just kept George Hill and their normal draft pick for that year.

It was a reasonable question, too. Hill was a pretty good player, who was still getting better. Add another first-rounder to him, and it's hard for one guy to have more of an impact on a team. Especially a guy that got taken with the 15th pick. I was one of those people.

For those who never saw it, and those who have forgotten, this was a great story about how that trade actually unfolded. At the time it was written, the author was still speculating that the trade was going to eventually lean in San Antonio's favor. http://grantland.com/features/analyzing-kawhi-leonard-george-hill-trade-2013-conference-finals/

Here's a little fantasy draft: Imagine that instead of taking CoJo, the Spurs had picked Jimmy Butler (who went with the next pick), and Isaiah Thomas with the #42 pick they got as a kicker in the trade for Hill.

Orrrr, instead of getting Kawhi that year, they could have traded all the way up to #10 and snagged... Jimmer Fredette! :lol

Kawhi trade was brilliant.

CoJo was suspect considering that it was also a first round pick. Likely did so out of need, which I think should never be a consideration with late draft picks. Cojo was projected to be 2nd round.

Those were really dark days considering that the previous draft Spurs got James Anderson and Ryan Richards. That of course was a very weak draft.

dabom
12-17-2015, 09:02 AM
Kawhi top 5 WS/48, PER and RPM.

GSH
12-17-2015, 09:03 AM
Kawhi top 5 WS/48, PER and RPM.

Not only that, he's pretty damn good.

dabom
12-17-2015, 09:05 AM
Not only that, he's pretty damn good.

2nd best player in the league right now.

dabom
12-17-2015, 09:07 AM
4 games back on the warriors. warriors lose all games to Spurs and Kawhi steals MVP. Would be a crazy year.

TXstbobcat
12-17-2015, 10:54 AM
Thank you to Larry Bird!!!!!!!! What a great trade for the Spurs!!

loveforthegame
12-17-2015, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the highlight video. Leonard is on another level this season. :tu

TXstbobcat
12-17-2015, 11:44 AM
Great game last night with 27 points and 4 steals!!

vander
12-17-2015, 11:58 AM
His shooting is unreal so far. No way he can keep this accuracy up.

spursistan
12-17-2015, 12:00 PM
Kawhi is at that point where he can drop 30-35 point at will, but the minutes/system restriction are the only thing preventing him from doing so..i prefer it like that 20-24 points on high efficiency while he keeps improving his playmaking (3.1 assist per game in December in 29.9 minutes played)...

still.focused
12-17-2015, 02:13 PM
Not sure if its just me but I always use the 30 sec rewind to watch him lurking to pick off the passin lane steals
His anticipation is unreal, sometimes he leaves his assignment completely to steal a ball aimed a goot 8ft away
Doesnt get burned for taking the risk very often either

still.focused
12-17-2015, 02:15 PM
http://i.imgbox.com/C5afXNXJ.gif
Like these. He goes from the paint to the 3pt line to swipe to pick this shit off

J_Paco
12-17-2015, 02:26 PM
Kawhi maybe the best two way player in the NBA, today. Only guy in his league on both sides of the court is LeBron (and possibly Paul George).

The only areas where Kawhi can't (probably won't) catch LeBron is court vision and sheer athleticism, but Kawhi has made strides as a passer this season.

TheGreatYacht
12-17-2015, 04:56 PM
Becoming a really good role player, proud of him :tu

Can't think of many 3&D players who are better

YGWHI
12-18-2015, 04:22 PM
http://i.imgbox.com/C5afXNXJ.gif
Like these. He goes from the paint to the 3pt line to swipe to pick this shit off

Nice find! He's taking his instincts to another level.

...Or just the Force is strong in him.