PDA

View Full Version : Digital media

RD2191
12-17-2015, 02:08 PM
So I'm wanting to build up a digital media collection but I'm behind the times when it comes to purchasing such things. I want to buy books, magazines and music. Any tips on where to purchase them? Istore? Google play store?

DD
12-17-2015, 02:13 PM
Get a new computer or tablet and during the setup it'll pretty much prompt you to do/acquire all those things

RD2191
12-17-2015, 02:18 PM
Ipad or?? Does the Istore have more selection?

DJR210
12-17-2015, 02:58 PM
It depends on the device you plan on using OP.. I personally will never buy an Apple device because they're jew bastards and restrict things to their format.. Android has much more freedom.

RD2191
12-17-2015, 03:16 PM
It depends on the device you plan on using OP.. I personally will never buy an Apple device because they're jew bastards and restrict things to their format.. Android has much more freedom.
:lol yeah, I was thinking of going with an Android tablet.

DJR210
12-17-2015, 03:20 PM

Apple devices have waaaay better processors and have the potential to run more intensive apps, but a decent quad core Android will do the job just fine.

Google play, Amazon are both good for digital content. I have Kodi installed on my phone too so I can stream all kinds of shit to my phone, then mirror it to my TV's over Wi-Fi.

RD2191
12-17-2015, 03:27 PM
Apple devices have waaaay better processors and have the potential to run more intensive apps, but a decent quad core Android will do the job just fine.

Google play, Amazon are both good for digital content. I have Kodi installed on my phone too so I can stream all kinds of shit to my phone, then mirror it to my TV's over Wi-Fi.
Damn, that sounds badass. I'll look into that.

baseline bum
12-17-2015, 04:35 PM
So I'm wanting to build up a digital media collection but I'm behind the times when it comes to purchasing such things. I want to buy books, magazines and music. Any tips on where to purchase them? Istore? Google play store?

kickass.to

DJR210
12-17-2015, 05:15 PM
kickass.to

I think it's .car now, no?

DJR210
12-17-2015, 05:17 PM
RD2191, plus with Android you won't have any problem transferring over your MP3's and video files you torrent.. You're gonna need a fucking massive hard drive though IMO, I hate deleting shit to make space.

Reck
12-17-2015, 09:17 PM
RD2191 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=42690), plus with Android you won't have any problem transferring over your MP3's and video files you torrent.. You're gonna need a fucking massive hard drive though IMO, I hate deleting shit to make space.

That really shouldn't be a problem now.

Everything that gets uploaded in torrent is in MP4 now which is compatible with apple products.

This used to bother me a shit ton since I always prefer the files to be .avi but I've gotten used to it.

And yeah, you cant build a neat collection without at least 2tb worth of drive space so go buy an external drive for 100 something bucks.

I fucked up a few weeks back when Best Buy had that black Friday deal that actually went through the weekend and an extra day where they had a 5TB external Harddrive for 129.

leemajors
12-17-2015, 10:14 PM
Lol avi wtf is this the early 2000s?

Reck
12-17-2015, 10:20 PM
Lol avi wtf is this the early 2000s?

Its one of two formats the PS3 recognizes.

baseline bum
12-17-2015, 10:35 PM
Its one of two formats the PS3 recognizes.

OK, so it's mid 2000s

leemajors
12-17-2015, 10:37 PM
OK, so it's mid 2000s

:lol

~O~
12-17-2015, 11:34 PM

Get an android tablet and or windows laptop. Download your content through those devices. Buy a 5Tera Seagate 3.0. and never store your files on PC. Videos and music are local H disk killers. Especially video. Always have them available externally.
I'm assuming that Amazon allows you to download audio books. its just an assumption. If you can afford an ssd, go for it.

Organize and store Itunes will hog your computer speed if "PC" or...non high end pc.

If you can't find what you want.....VPN and Bittorrent. KAt.cr, torrenthound, tpb, and various. USE A VPN!

You'd rather have a mp4 of a video/audio rather than the destructible and fragile blu ray discs so I'd rather you not buy physical media and have regrets.

RD2191
12-17-2015, 11:45 PM
Get an android tablet and or windows laptop. Download your content through those devices. Buy a 5Tera Seagate 3.0. and never store your files on PC. Videos and music are local H disk killers. Especially video. Always have them available externally.
I'm assuming that Amazon allows you to download audio books. its just an assumption. If you can afford an ssd, go for it.

Organize and store Itunes will hog your computer speed if "PC" or...non high end pc.

If you can't find what you want.....VPN and Bittorrent. KAt.cr, torrenthound, tpb, and various. USE A VPN!

You'd rather have a mp4 of a video/audio rather than the destructible and fragile blu ray discs so I'd rather you not buy physical media and have regrets.
I have no idea what that is but it sounds logical. I'll read up on it. Thanks for the info.

SpursforSix
12-18-2015, 12:19 AM
I have no idea what that is but it sounds logical. I'll read up on it. Thanks for the info.

Just don't skimp on earphones.

Reck
12-18-2015, 12:22 AM
Blue rays are fragiles?

DJR210
12-18-2015, 08:55 AM
Just don't skimp on earphones.

You fucking bastard

DJR210
12-18-2015, 08:59 AM

I've downloaded like 5K or more torrents minus VPN and still havent got a warning.. I think my dude Reck got one though iirc..

leemajors
12-18-2015, 10:00 AM
I've downloaded like 5K or more torrents minus VPN and still havent got a warning.. I think my dude Reck got one though iirc..

he's probably using pirate bay or some shit. private trackers ftw

~O~
12-18-2015, 10:38 AM
Its only a matter of time. The organization's log ip adresses. I downloaded like 10 years crazy mySelf and my connection got throttled. Isp said out was music. Got a vpn. No problems.

leemajors
12-18-2015, 11:21 AM
Its only a matter of time. The organization's log ip adresses. I downloaded like 10 years crazy mySelf and my connection got throttled. Isp said out was music. Got a vpn. No problems.

20 years of usenet here, not a peep. TWC, AT&T before, Grande now.

Dirk Oneanddoneski
12-18-2015, 11:22 AM

Agree with this, you never know when they're going to start suing everybody like the music industry used to.

I have found a great torrent site but its all in Russian so you'll need Google translate to get around its called rutracker.org

The only thing is on the full blurays and 1080p x264 .mkvs the Russian audio track is #1 English is #2 anybody know how to strip the Russian audio out and make the English audio the default track?

Dirk Oneanddoneski
12-18-2015, 11:25 AM
20 years of usenet here, not a peep. TWC, AT&T before, Grande now.

How is Usenet with the take downs and broken files these days? I used to use a newshosting and astraweb account but quit because VPN + torrent was a better deal

leemajors
12-18-2015, 11:40 AM
How is Usenet with the take downs and broken files these days? I used to use a newshosting and astraweb account but quit because VPN + torrent was a better deal

some stuff gets taken down, but I work at 5AM and shit isn't taken down till midmorning. I rarely have issues with it, but I am on pbp and bitme.tv too anyway. I use binsearch and search in "other groups" and go with the first HD post in a.b.teevee

Reck
12-18-2015, 03:49 PM
I've downloaded like 5K or more torrents minus VPN and still havent got a warning.. I think my dude Reck (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14412) got one though iirc..

Yeah, fuckers.

he's probably using pirate bay or some shit. private trackers ftw

:lol

Fuck that. It was from EZTV.

Thankfully, they didn't throttle my net speed or anything. It was just a warning from the cable company itself.

The letter said that HBO wanted to know my IP and info and they wouldn't give it but that if I continued to torrent shit from them they'd have to give it to then.

I stopped right quick. lol

DJR210
12-18-2015, 08:04 PM
:lol they throttle my net speed and I'm fucked. AT&T would be my only option, and that's probably slower than the throttle anyway :lol

Reck
12-18-2015, 08:30 PM
:lol they throttle my net speed and I'm fucked. AT&T would be my only option, and that's probably slower than the throttle anyway :lol

How does that work anyway?

If you get throttled, you wont get that speed back or will they unleashed you after a few months or no?

DJR210
12-19-2015, 12:41 AM
How does that work anyway?

If you get throttled, you wont get that speed back or will they unleashed you after a few months or no?

I'm assuming they slow you down when they notice you're consuming a large amount of data at one time.