PDA

View Full Version : Galveston County Orders Mandatory Evacuation

Nbadan
09-20-2005, 05:13 PM
County orders mandatory evacuations
By TJ Aulds
The Daily News

Published September 20, 2005 - Updated 0 minutes ago
Officials have called for mandatory evacuations ahead of Hurricane Rita. The order is for every one living in Galveston County.

People in medical centers and nursing homes to start at 6 a.m. Wednesday. Residential evacuations start at 6 p.m. The county's evacuation plan calls for the evacuation of residents in phases.

People in medical care and other facilities needing special help are scheduled to begin evacuations at 6 a.m. Wednesday morning.

Zone A of the evacuation plan which includes the southern portions of the county including Galveston Island, Tiki Island and Bayou Vista begins at 6 p.m. Wednesday.

Zone B of the plan which includes the central portions of the county's mainland as well as the bay front communities of Kemah, San Leon and Bacliff are to start evacuation at 2 a.m. Thursday.

Zone C which is the northern reaches of the county including League City and Friendswood will start evacuation at 12 p.m. Thursday.

Tropical force winds from Hurricane Rita are expected to hit the county by early Friday.

Galveston News (http://www.galvnews.com/story.lasso?ewcd=17e4003b27365233)

I do believe Hurricane Rita is headed straight for Crawford, Texas. What should we take from that?

Vashner
09-20-2005, 05:16 PM
I blame Bush for the delay in this!...

Bush did it..

Nbadan
09-20-2005, 05:19 PM
I have an Idea, how about we just hand over George Bush to the Hurricane God's and maybe the rest of us will be foresaken?

boutons
09-21-2005, 08:47 AM
Apparently, some Houston area schools are closed from today until next week.

Marcus Bryant
09-21-2005, 08:47 AM
If we are to make political inferences from the path of hurricanes, what are we to make of Katrina destroying poor black New Orleans? I'd like to hear the freon-induced left wing spin on that one.

Marcus Bryant
09-21-2005, 12:07 PM
Hopefully everyone has learned their lesson. Better to be safe than dead.