View Full Version : Clippers or OKC

Pages : [1] 2

Nathan89
12-18-2015, 10:50 PM
Who do you want to get the 3rd seed?

Russ
12-18-2015, 10:50 PM
The Clipps are a major pain.

But to lose to the Clipps in the playoffs means you win the title the next year. :)

spursistan
12-18-2015, 10:59 PM
I'll take the Thunder, tbh..CP3-Blake one two punch PNR/PNP is tougher for us to defend..Pop self-imploding with hack-a-DJ strategy..Kawhi inexplicable disappearance vs those guys..rookie coach+ Westchuck on the other hand..

UNT Eagles 2016
12-18-2015, 11:00 PM
Clippers.

Thunder are scary as hell, they'll probably beat us in a 7 game series but won't beat GSW.

Brian Windhorst
12-18-2015, 11:01 PM
OKC

With Pop's coaching we're basically playing 6 on 5 against LAC

ElNono
12-18-2015, 11:08 PM
Both :ihit

oh wait, I thought the question was who do you want to play in the playoffs

steeledl
12-18-2015, 11:09 PM
Thunder for sure. Clippers are a nightmare matchup for us.

Mnky
12-18-2015, 11:12 PM
Strategically, I want the one who gives Golden state a tougher matchup to play golden state. Spurs always have a hard road to the Finals. About time someone else got that luck.

Either way, Spurs win tbh..

testies
12-18-2015, 11:13 PM
OKC, they are softer on defense and Durant isn't the same after all those surgeries.

SAGirl
12-18-2015, 11:18 PM
I'll take the Thunder, tbh..CP3-Blake one two punch PNR/PNP is tougher for us to defend..Pop self-imploding with hack-a-DJ strategy..Kawhi inexplicable disappearance vs those guys..rookie coach+ Westchuck on the other hand..
Yes, I agree with you.
OkC gave fits to our bench, specially their big men, otherwise it would have gone better for us.

Clippers present problems for us.

RD2191
12-18-2015, 11:20 PM
Well if the Grizz stay at 6 they could make things interesting if the clips rise to 3. They know how to play the clips and even if they don't win they'd rough them up for us.

SAGirl
12-18-2015, 11:20 PM
Strategically, I want the one who gives Golden state a tougher matchup to play golden state. Spurs always have a hard road to the Finals. About time someone else got that luck.

Either way, Spurs win tbh..
Not sure who is tougher for GSW.
I would have thought Clippers bc of their potential to be dominant in the paint, but GSW handled Clippers no problem.

OKC looks like a shallow team in comparison to GSW, but their length I suppose can bother them, and they also can run, and Westbrook is a handful for any guard to handle. Which is your guess?

SpurPadre
12-18-2015, 11:24 PM
OKC. Clips vs. the Dubs is a blood feud and I'd love to see them beating each other up. Clips aren't scared of them. They're also a nightmare match up for us. On the other hand, we've gained a lot of confidence playing against the Thunder.

siraulo23
12-18-2015, 11:29 PM
Both are gonna give the Spurs some problems tbh, that was an entertaining game to watch vs the Clippers until Pop hacka, thank god i didnt watch live so i could skip all that

Clippers played terrific, ran out of juice in the 4th but the Spurs showed up and took the challenge. Definitely a key game for the Spurs to learn from and improve

steeledl
12-18-2015, 11:32 PM
I thought I texted Pete and told him to tell you that it's time to start a mvparker thread where you eat your crow....

HarlemHeat37
12-18-2015, 11:40 PM
OKC is a much easier matchup for the Spurs now IMO, but they probably have a better chance at knocking off the Warriors, too..

LoneStarState'sPride
12-19-2015, 12:04 AM
I don't give one flying fuck as long as we're healthy, tbqh

Uriel
12-19-2015, 12:09 AM
A Warriors-Clippers, Spurs-OKC WCSF would be a dream come true for basketball fans everywhere. So many great storylines.

BatManu20
12-19-2015, 12:16 AM
Still would rather play the Clips, tbh. But ask me again in March. If we continue struggle against the Clips this season, I'd prob change my pick. Either team gives problems though.

daslicer
12-19-2015, 12:18 AM
It depends on how the Spurs play both of these teams in later matchups this year.

DAF86
12-19-2015, 12:23 AM
We are not losing this season to the fucking clippers. Okc i respect.

lefty20
12-19-2015, 01:45 AM
OKC, they are softer on defense and Durant isn't the same after all those surgeries.

Idk man he still looks pretty damn good.

I think the addition of LMA helps both of these match-ups quite a bit. But I might have to pick the Thunder, cuz we simply don't seem to have an answer for CP3-BG PnR. They keep spamming that play and it keeps getting them easy buckets. Thunder would be slightly easier to guard w/ their tendency to iso, just gotta let Kawhi and Green do their thing on KD and Russ.

Spurtacular
12-19-2015, 01:48 AM
One of them will likely get a 4 seed, just saying.

UNT Eagles 2016
12-19-2015, 01:48 AM
KD and Russ would crush the Spurs

12-19-2015, 02:13 AM
Whoever gives the Warriors most trouble would be the ideal 4th seed. Clippers might give them a decent push. Not sure how OKC will fare against the Warriors yet.

Cry Havoc
12-19-2015, 02:28 AM
OKC is a much easier matchup for the Spurs now IMO, but they probably have a better chance at knocking off the Warriors, too..

I dunno, I kind of feel like the defense the Thunder have this year would get absolutely destroyed by the Dubs. I think the Clips would at least hang in there.

Kawhitstorm
12-19-2015, 02:30 AM
Whoever gives the Warriors most trouble would be the ideal 4th seed. Clippers might give them a decent push. Not sure how OKC will fare against the Warriors yet.

OKC doesn't have a post player to punish the Warriors. Kanter is no better than Baynes in the post & would get eaten alive on the Curry switches. Clipper on the other hand can matchup w/ Curry/Klay/Draymond w/ Paul/ReDick/Blake, they have a prayers chance if Pierce &/or Lance can give them 4 decent games.

ReDick didn't even play when the Warriors barely beat the Clippers at STAPLES. The Clippers are also the last team to beat the Warriors in a playoffs series (2014) so let's hope the top 5 standings remain the way they are since I don't think the Spurs will catch the Warriors.
-Clippers/Warriors/Mavs will be in the same bracket :toast
-Rockets will probably climb to the 6th seed and face OKC
-Hopefully, Jazz-Dubs 1st rd since Favors gave Draymond issues
-LMA revenge bowl against Z-Bo & the Grizz (Won't stop getting a beatdown for 2011:lol)

Mnky
12-19-2015, 03:19 AM
Not sure who is tougher for GSW.
I would have thought Clippers bc of their potential to be dominant in the paint, but GSW handled Clippers no problem.

OKC looks like a shallow team in comparison to GSW, but their length I suppose can bother them, and they also can run, and Westbrook is a handful for any guard to handle. Which is your guess?

I honestly can't wait to see Westbrook go at the warriors. They don't play til February tho. It will probably come down to who's bench is playing bigger. I think thunder have the edge right now due to their ability to score at will and play at a fast tempo efficiently. Westbrook and Durant are a force when healthy. Their length, like you mentioned, will help against gs shooting prowess as well

Kawhitstorm
12-19-2015, 03:51 AM
I honestly can't wait to see Westbrook go at the warriors. They don't play til February tho. It will probably come down to who's bench is playing bigger. I think thunder have the edge right now due to their ability to score at will and play at a fast tempo efficiently. Westbrook and Durant are a force when healthy. Their length, like you mentioned, will help against gs shooting prowess as well

Westbrook was terrible last season against the Warriors when he was murdering the rest of the league, Draymond can switch onto him so he can't get into the paint easily. They have lanky wing defender to put on him: Iggy/Klay/Livingston but Iggy will be spending most of his time on Durant along w/ Barnes. Westbrook propensity to jack up shots & gamble on defense is going to give Curry ample opportunity to get easy looks. Curry can also hide on Roberson/Waiters on defense. Barnes is the one that has had issues trying to guard Durant.

SpursIndonesia
12-19-2015, 06:42 AM
As long as Durant is healthy, they will be a tougher match up for the Dubs, thus a better 4th seed for us. Big IF though. West is weaker this season, but the BIG 4 are damn heavy weights on their own.

ceperez
12-19-2015, 06:50 AM
Clippers.... Spurs have much better options in guarding Paul. Also, only reason Clippers were in the game was they weren't calling fouls on their rough play and refs were biting on all the flopping that Paul was doing.

Spurs should send the league a tape of Paul's antics.

exstatic
12-19-2015, 08:14 AM
Clippers.

Thunder are scary as hell, they'll probably beat us in a 7 game series but won't beat GSW.

The Thunder are nothing special. Two great players, one good player, and a collection of NBA middle/bottom rotation players and d-leaguers. They're pretty terrible defensively, and that will be their undoing.

ceperez
12-19-2015, 08:19 AM
The Thunder are nothing special. Two great players, one good player, and a collection of NBA middle/bottom rotation players and d-leaguers. They're pretty terrible defensively, and that will be their undoing.

Be careful with the Thunder. They got a new coach that can't be as bad as the old coach.

bic50
12-19-2015, 11:33 AM

I believe looking past the thunder would be huge mistake.

soxxx
12-19-2015, 12:07 PM
Clippers only because I want OKC to get sent to Golden State. Clippers would meltdown in GS because they are just mentally weaker and have an inferior mindset. The Thunder would give the Warriors a series and potentially beat them.

soxxx
12-19-2015, 12:08 PM
Be careful with the Thunder. They got a new coach that can't be as bad as the old coach.
Exactly, and that Scott Brooks was a huge negative for that team. I havent watched much Thunder, I am not sure if the issues they have are fixed, but if healthy, they can beat any team in the NBA in a 7 game series. We all know that.

exstatic
12-19-2015, 02:48 PM
I believe looking past the thunder would be huge mistake.

I'm not looking past the Thunder, I simply recognize that they are about 80% of their 2012 squad, if that.

Canyonero
12-19-2015, 04:17 PM
Dallas

spurs10
12-19-2015, 05:10 PM
I don't think any of the top four is going to be a walk in the park in the playoffs. We need to be focused on ourselves and ready to be anyone that comes at us. However if I have to pick I'd say, even though we have more recently lost to the Clips I'd pick them for the 3 spot. Mainly because I'd like to see GSW and the Methlahoma Thunderrefs slug it out. We will likely beat either of these teams. Anyone saying 'KD and Westchuck will destroy us' needs to watch more games. Lebron beat them by himself two nights ago, they are not winning any LOB anytime soon. :flag:

spursistan
12-19-2015, 06:31 PM
After quarter of season sample size the most likely seeding positions will be:

1- Warriors
2- Spurs
3- Thunder (assuming Durant stays healthy)
4- Clippers
5- Mavericks
6- Houston
7- Memphis
8- Jazz/ or any other fodder team

Clippers vs Mavericks/Clippers vs Warriors are must-watch TV in terms of current rivalry fireworks..Spurs avoiding those 3 teams until WCF is a good thing since all have 6-game series potential to them at the very least..

Mnky
12-19-2015, 10:30 PM
Westbrook was terrible last season against the Warriors when he was murdering the rest of the league, Draymond can switch onto him so he can't get into the paint easily. They have lanky wing defender to put on him: Iggy/Klay/Livingston but Iggy will be spending most of his time on Durant along w/ Barnes. Westbrook propensity to jack up shots & gamble on defense is going to give Curry ample opportunity to get easy looks. Curry can also hide on Roberson/Waiters on defense. Barnes is the one that has had issues trying to guard Durant.

Last year's thunder was all Westbrook. With Durant in, the whole defense cant focus on him. It'll be interesting to see the change. I think it'll be a fun matchup with all the scoring.

lil'mo
12-19-2015, 10:39 PM
I think Spurs end up with 1 seed

Kawhitstorm
12-20-2015, 12:08 AM
Last year's thunder was all Westbrook. With Durant in, the whole defense cant focus on him. It'll be interesting to see the change. I think it'll be a fun matchup with all the scoring.

LoL, 2 of the 3 match-ups were w/ Durant. It's not a coincidence even in the lone game without Durant that Westbrook was having his way against every team except the Warriors

Mnky
12-20-2015, 12:18 AM
LoL, 2 of the 3 match-ups were w/ Durant. It's not a coincidence even in the lone game without Durant that Westbrook was having his way against every team except the Warriors

Was he the real Durant, or one foot Durant in those games?
Westbrook is a competitor with an unmatachable skill set. I'll bet on him any day of the week.

Mnky
12-20-2015, 12:20 AM
When the Thunder beat the warriors last year, Westbrook bad a career night with 17 assists and 15 rebounds to go with 17 pts.

What part of that makes you think he didnts have his way? :lol

Kawhitstorm
12-20-2015, 01:34 AM
When the Thunder beat the warriors last year, Westbrook bad a career night with 17 assists and 15 rebounds to go with 17 pts.

What part of that makes you think he didnts have his way? :lol

Most of those assists were to Durant on the 1-3 PnR & look at Westbrook's shooting percentages/turnovers:lmao

SnakeBoy
12-20-2015, 01:44 AM
Clippers don't worry me, they played above themselves last year and won by a possession. Spurs aren't yet playing their best ball and just beat the Clippers at their best.

Spurs are a much better team than OKC but Durant will always get his and the Spurs have no answer for Westbrook so I'd rather the Spurs don't have to face them.

tmtcsc
12-20-2015, 02:36 AM
Clippers.

https://media.giphy.com/media/glmRyiSI3v5E4/giphy.gif

Don't worry, OKC and Clippers won't win shit against the Spurs. Spurs D was trash last night but it will improve - as will the offense. GSW are going to be punked in the playoffs. OKC wants no part of the Spurs.

Cloud786
12-20-2015, 03:34 AM
I hope we face OKC. The Clippers may not have the talent of OKC, but this whole "rivalry" thing with GSW allows them to compete with them at a very high level. Add to that the fact that they beat them in a series in 2013, it gives them a certain degree of confidence to repeat that feat, and in the one game they've played this year, they had the lead in the fourth quarter.

I'm a conspiracy theorist, so my thing with OKC vs GSW is that I'm assuming Durant and Westbrook won't get their usual superstar calls (thunderrefs, reflahoma, food stamps, charity, etc.). The Warriors are generating insane ratings, more than OKC (due to their light skin and affinity for 3s), and I think the NBA is trying to put together a finals rematch in an attempt to acquire maximum viewership. If 2012 occurred because they wanted KD v Lebron, then there's no stopping the Curry v Lebron II. I think America is curious to see how a healthy Cavaliers would fare against GSW.

OKC is essentially a 2 man offense with a heavy dose of isolations. Golden State's defense in the Kerr Era is remarkable, and all they have to do is put their best defender on KD, and let Westbrook shoot his own team out of the game. Iggy, Barnes, Tr3ymond, Livingston, you name it, the Warriors just have superpower juggernaut levels of individual and team defense. And like someone said, allowing Curry to relax on god awful players like Roberson, Waiters, and the rest of their scrap is a death sentence.

A motion offense is the best recipe to test this Warrior defense, and the Clippers starters, led by CP3, make everybody work. Curry on CP3? Not happening. Curry on Redick? Good luck following him around. They don't have a legitimate small forward, but I doubt Kerr tries to assign Curry onto someone much taller than him (see Michael Carter Williams). Not to mention the absolutely unguardable (by any team in the NBA) and spammed to death double high pick and roll/pop the Clippers run with CP3, Blake, and DJ, I think their guys, including their bench (able to get away with Pierce and Smith at power forward and center, respectively), will be least affected by the Warriors small ball lineup and fantastic defense.

Sadly, it's looking like the Rockets will finish fifth, and if they do, they have a good chance of upsetting the Clippers. The amount of toying, humiliation, and absolute degradation that the Warriors deploy on the Rockets is excruciatingly painful to watch, and H&H get exposed and belittled every time they meet. Hopefully, a WCF rematch doesn't happen, or else it'll be a literal second round bye for the Warriors.

In the end, Clippers are a bad match up for us because CP3 is cerebral, and even though this forum mocks Doc Rivers a lot, he's still got his players playing smart, high IQ, fundamental basketball. It's not his fault he doesn't have a bench. These guys beating us in 2 home games with us up in the series is not a testament to an injured Splitter or Parker, a slumping Green Ranger, our lack of desire to repeat/complacence, or anything but the fact that these guys know how to limit the production of our franchise player, and that's not something we should desire.

Whereas we've always owned the post-Harden Thunder, and we have WingStop to counter their 2 top 5 players. Parker can hide on Roberson, and stay fresh enough to run the offense to it's most lethal capacity. Ibaka can't guard (playoff) Duncan or LMA, Adams can't clone himself, and Anus Cancer makes Bellinelli look like the inventor of defense. Our offense is centered around the post game and mid range, not penetration, so no need to fear paint protection from I-block-a.

TL;DR - I prefer to face OKC who we've proven we can beat and let GSW go toe to toe with the Clippers who've shown that they don't get their shit pushed in like everybody else in the NBA against the Splash Brothers.

Mnky
12-20-2015, 03:37 AM
Most of those assists were to Durant on the 1-3 PnR & look at Westbrook's shooting percentages/turnovers:lmao

I think you're reaching. They blew GS out.

UNT Eagles 2016
12-20-2015, 03:38 AM
OKC is dangerous

Kawhitstorm
12-20-2015, 05:42 AM
I think you're reaching. They blew GS out.

I'm reaching b/c I pointed out the most objective stats which are his shooting percentages & turnovers. Anyone can rack up assists running PnRs w/ Durant.:lol

BillMc
12-20-2015, 08:33 AM
even though this forum mocks Doc Rivers a lot, he's still got his players playing smart, high IQ, fundamental basketball. It's not his fault he doesn't have a bench.

Actually it is. Doc is head of basketball operations and makes all personnel decisions for them. GM Doc is definitely letting Coach Doc down.

picnroll
12-20-2015, 09:40 AM
I hope we face OKC. The Clippers may not have the talent of OKC, but this whole "rivalry" thing with GSW allows them to compete with them at a very high level. Add to that the fact that they beat them in a series in 2013, it gives them a certain degree of confidence to repeat that feat, and in the one game they've played this year, they had the lead in the fourth quarter.

I'm a conspiracy theorist, so my thing with OKC vs GSW is that I'm assuming Durant and Westbrook won't get their usual superstar calls (thunderrefs, reflahoma, food stamps, charity, etc.). The Warriors are generating insane ratings, more than OKC (due to their light skin and affinity for 3s), and I think the NBA is trying to put together a finals rematch in an attempt to acquire maximum viewership. If 2012 occurred because they wanted KD v Lebron, then there's no stopping the Curry v Lebron II. I think America is curious to see how a healthy Cavaliers would fare against GSW.

OKC is essentially a 2 man offense with a heavy dose of isolations. Golden State's defense in the Kerr Era is remarkable, and all they have to do is put their best defender on KD, and let Westbrook shoot his own team out of the game. Iggy, Barnes, Tr3ymond, Livingston, you name it, the Warriors just have superpower juggernaut levels of individual and team defense. And like someone said, allowing Curry to relax on god awful players like Roberson, Waiters, and the rest of their scrap is a death sentence.

A motion offense is the best recipe to test this Warrior defense, and the Clippers starters, led by CP3, make everybody work. Curry on CP3? Not happening. Curry on Redick? Good luck following him around. They don't have a legitimate small forward, but I doubt Kerr tries to assign Curry onto someone much taller than him (see Michael Carter Williams). Not to mention the absolutely unguardable (by any team in the NBA) and spammed to death double high pick and roll/pop the Clippers run with CP3, Blake, and DJ, I think their guys, including their bench (able to get away with Pierce and Smith at power forward and center, respectively), will be least affected by the Warriors small ball lineup and fantastic defense.

Sadly, it's looking like the Rockets will finish fifth, and if they do, they have a good chance of upsetting the Clippers. The amount of toying, humiliation, and absolute degradation that the Warriors deploy on the Rockets is excruciatingly painful to watch, and H&H get exposed and belittled every time they meet. Hopefully, a WCF rematch doesn't happen, or else it'll be a literal second round bye for the Warriors.

In the end, Clippers are a bad match up for us because CP3 is cerebral, and even though this forum mocks Doc Rivers a lot, he's still got his players playing smart, high IQ, fundamental basketball. It's not his fault he doesn't have a bench. These guys beating us in 2 home games with us up in the series is not a testament to an injured Splitter or Parker, a slumping Green Ranger, our lack of desire to repeat/complacence, or anything but the fact that these guys know how to limit the production of our franchise player, and that's not something we should desire.

Whereas we've always owned the post-Harden Thunder, and we have WingStop to counter their 2 top 5 players. Parker can hide on Roberson, and stay fresh enough to run the offense to it's most lethal capacity. Ibaka can't guard (playoff) Duncan or LMA, Adams can't clone himself, and Anus Cancer makes Bellinelli look like the inventor of defense. Our offense is centered around the post game and mid range, not penetration, so no need to fear paint protection from I-block-a.

TL;DR - I prefer to face OKC who we've proven we can beat and let GSW go toe to toe with the Clippers who've shown that they don't get their shit pushed in like everybody else in the NBA against the Splash Brothers.

Parker's healthy the Spurs would have beat the Clippers. Beginning of story, end of story.

Kikoluna
12-20-2015, 09:40 AM
OKC is dangerous

I agree. People are acting like Durant and Westbrook are JV guys. I think Mr. MOUTHPIECE will break down chasing 72 wins.

exstatic
12-20-2015, 11:25 AM
I agree. People are acting like Durant and Westbrook are JV guys. I think Mr. MOUTHPIECE will break down chasing 72 wins.

Nobody thinks that WB/Durant are JV guys. The rest of the team is, though. They've loaded their team with guys who can only play one side of the ball, and that will ultimately do them in.

People need to stop thinking in terms of 2012 OKC. This team is a shadow of that one.

spursistan
12-20-2015, 01:35 PM

meh, we are past Stern's league wanting a certain matchup..you can't survive an officiating travesty in the age of twitter if you wished to..Plus, the Warriors aren't FT-reliant team..If they beat us, i would assume we weren't good enough..

ViceCity86
12-20-2015, 03:08 PM
Clippers will be ousted in the 1st round by the Rockets.They have their number.Heard it here.
Thunder roster 4-13 :lol

Mnky
12-20-2015, 03:45 PM
I'm reaching b/c I pointed out the most objective stats which are his shooting percentages & turnovers. Anyone can rack up assists running PnRs w/ Durant.:lol

No you're reaching because he had a career night in assists and 15 rebounds for a point guard is no joke, not to mention the 17 pts and getting the W. Yes he had 3 to, and shot 7/19. To say he struggles against them would definitely be a reach. They're a good team, he doesn't struggle with them though.

Just my opinion, don't take it personal, its really not that serious bubba.

Kawhitstorm
12-20-2015, 06:58 PM
No you're reaching because he had a career night in assists and 15 rebounds for a point guard is no joke, not to mention the 17 pts and getting the W. Yes he had 3 to, and shot 7/19. To say he struggles against them would definitely be a reach. They're a good team, he doesn't struggle with them though.

Just my opinion, don't take it personal, its really not that serious bubba.

MCW this season fared better against the Warriors than Westbrook did last season when he was dropping 30/10/10 on every other team.:lol

TD 21
12-20-2015, 10:33 PM
Definitely Clippers. It would inevitably be a difficult series, but if the Spurs are physically right, I'm confident they'd win.

I see it as more of a toss up against the Thunder, with home court probably deciding it.

The biggest problem with the Thunder isn't so much match-up at this point, as it is their confidence vs the Spurs and the Spurs lack thereof vs them. Hopefully that changes during subsequent meetings in the regular season. Plus, outside of Curry and presuming James has another gear for the playoffs, they're one of the few teams capable of overwhelming the Spurs with star power.

Dingle Barry
12-21-2015, 01:37 AM
OKC is dangerous

Stop posting, moron. Fuck.

UNT Eagles 2016
12-21-2015, 01:39 AM
Stop posting, moron. Fuck.

you're a troll alt that got bolded only because it's an old troll alt. gtfo.

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-21-2015, 03:15 AM
Clippers. Spurs are good at revenge. Memphis in 2011, OKC in 2012, Miami in 2013 all got beaten the following series. Clippers 2015 next. Unfortunately it looks like OKC will easily finish 3rd and face the Spurs. Also OKC can give the Warriors much more trouble than Clippers.

Kawhitstorm
12-21-2015, 04:11 AM
Clippers. Spurs are good at revenge. Memphis in 2011, OKC in 2012, Miami in 2013 all got beaten the following series. Clippers 2015 next. Unfortunately it looks like OKC will easily finish 3rd and face the Spurs. Also OKC can give the Warriors much more trouble than Clippers.

The Clippers are the last team to beat the Warriors in a playoff series & OKC has nobody to guard Curry/Klay but yet folks claim "OKC can give the Warriors much more trouble than Clippers"?!?!?. Are people going to act like the Clippers weren't leading the Warriors in the 4th quarter of BOTH games this season include one where they played without ReDick!

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-21-2015, 04:19 AM
The Clippers are the last team to be the Warriors in a playoff series & OKC has nobody to guard Curry/Klay but yet folks claim "OKC can give the Warriors much more trouble than Clippers"?!?!?. Are people going to act like the Clippers weren't leading the Warriors in the 4th quarter of BOTH games this season include one where they played without ReDick!

November games :lol Clippers can't play small. Warriors would destroy them in a playoff series with Geen at the 5. You have to hang with the Warriors ultra small ball line-up at least for a while if you want to have a chance against them. Green at the 5 will make Jordan go all the way to the high post at least , which would open all types of lanes to the basket for slashers and on the other end Green can guard Blake quite well. Only chance for the Clippers would be if they could utilize a Blake-Pierce combo, but Pierce is beyond done. They better hope he's saving energy for the playoffs or to make a great trade at the deadline.

Kawhitstorm
12-21-2015, 04:57 AM
November games :lol Clippers can't play small. Warriors would destroy them in a playoff series with Geen at the 5. You have to hang with the Warriors ultra small ball line-up at least for a while if you want to have a chance against them. Green at the 5 will make Jordan go all the way to the high post at least , which would open all types of lanes to the basket for slashers and on the other end Green can guard Blake quite well. Only chance for the Clippers would be if they could utilize a Blake-Pierce combo, but Pierce is beyond done. They better hope he's saving energy for the playoffs or to make a great trade at the deadline.

Clippers don't have to play small-ball, nobody should try to beat the Warriors at their game b/c they will end up w/ an L. DeAndre has proven that he can pound them on the offensive glass & Blake has proven Draymond can't limit him below his season average. The Clippers issue is always going to be finding a wing player b/c Moute is unplayable in the postseason. The best candidate is going to be Lance since he is still young & has proven in the past that he can perform in the postseason. Crawford/Pierce/Josh Smith/Rivers, at best, won't be asked to do anything more than not get stomped & keep the margin close.:lol

It's up to Glenn to realize Moute ain't going to cut it & give Lance a chance by inserting him into the starting lineup instead of pairing him w/ a bunch of knucklehead chuckers (Josh/Crawford/Rivers). The guy is shooting close to 40% from 3 thus he would be a decent option as a spot-up shooter who can also play D unlike Doc's crush Jamal Crawford who was abominable on offense let alone defense against the Warriors.:lol

It seems like Doc is more interested in a shouting match w/ Josh/Lance rather than cultivating their talents so their season already looks like a lost cause.:downspin:

TheDoctor
12-21-2015, 09:15 AM
OKC vs Clipps tonight?

https://margethelarge.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/let-them-fight.jpg

Kawhitstorm
12-22-2015, 12:48 AM
Y'all watching? The starting wingplayers on both teams are neutralizing each other on offense by contributing nothing.:lol

ajh18
12-22-2015, 12:52 AM
So Durant blocked Paul at the buzzer to win it for OKC?

UNT Eagles 2016
12-22-2015, 01:03 AM
So Durant blocked Paul at the buzzer to win it for OKC?

I think Dirkbaka got to it, most likely.

Once again, I'm right. Clippers aren't dangerous at all. OKC's game is tailor made to succeed in the playoffs especially considering their butt buddy relationship with the refs/NBA.

Kawhitstorm
12-22-2015, 01:23 AM
OKC's game is tailor made to succeed in the playoffs especially considering their butt buddy relationship with the refs/NBA.

They would have to get past HarenRefs in the 1st rd.:lol

UNT Eagles 2016
12-22-2015, 01:28 AM
They would have to get past HarenRefs in the 1st rd.:lol

if they play the Rockets in the 1st round they'll crush them as they did with ease in 2013 even WITHOUT Westbrook and Harden on the Rockets

james evans
12-22-2015, 01:30 AM
once again tonight the refs fucked the clippers with bullshit officiating late. Chris Paul was fouled on his last layup. Should have been an and 1

Kawhitstorm
12-22-2015, 01:38 AM
if they play the Rockets in the 1st round they'll crush them as they did with ease in 2013 even WITHOUT Westbrook and Harden on the Rockets

2013?:lmao Harden came out on top during the past 2 meetings when he faced OKC w/ both Durant/Westbrook including earlier this season:lol

Floyd Pacquiao
12-22-2015, 01:38 AM
both teams present the same problems for the spurs, they both hit that midrange jumper that the spurs give up at a high rate. Westbrook Durant and ibaka scare me more than Paul and Blake tho, so if I had to choose give me clippers.

Kawhitstorm
12-22-2015, 01:42 AM
both teams present the same problems for the spurs, they both hit that midrange jumper that the spurs give up at a high rate. Westbrook Durant and ibaka scare me more than Paul and Blake tho, so if I had to choose give me clippers.

Kawhi/Danny's defense is marginalized against the Clippers b/c they run their guards through millions of screens. On the other hand, they get to play 1-on-1 defense against Durant/Westbrook without worrying about Tony chasing Redick (Ibaka is a spot up shooter & can't take advantage of mismatches:lol).

Roberson also isn't as good a defender as a Moute & if they choose to play Waiters instead Durant has to guard Kawhi. Patty also doesn't have to worry about getting bullied by Rivers. :toast

People are forgetting how the Spurs thoroughly outplayed OKC at home during the 2014 series even w/ Ibaka in the lineup (Gm 5) meanwhile the Clippers are the last team to win in San Antonio both in the regular season & playoffs. As long as they have home-court advantage (ThunderRefs:lol) & Harden doesn't get traded back to OKC:lol, the Spurs should be good.

Kawhitstorm
12-22-2015, 05:58 PM
The Clippers are the only visiting team that held a lead at any point of the fourth quarter at San Antonio this season

spursistan
12-22-2015, 06:16 PM
I still think we beat both, but i believe that Clippers series will take a lot more out of us..There is reason Kawhi has no steals in his last 5 games with the Clippers and he is having some of his his worst shooting nights against them..their screen-heavy offense simply tucker him out and leave no legs to the point he is missing a lot of bunnies and near basket shots down the stretch....no brainer that i will pick the easier match-up for my best player in the playoffs..

mystargtr34
12-22-2015, 06:21 PM
I never thought i'd say this 2 years ago but i'd rather play the Thunder.. as someone mentioned above, Kawhi and Danny's defense pretty much become redundant against the Clips, and CP3/Blake have turned into matchup nightmares.. our primary defenders aren't suited to guard them.. and then on switches they find mismatches.

Kawhitstorm
12-27-2015, 11:52 PM
OKC at full strength struggling to beat the Nuggets (who are on a B2B) at home, gave up 112 pts (Spurs 86 w/o Tim) :lmao

spursistan
01-04-2016, 02:50 PM
Durant could be out few games with sprained toe..Clippers with chance to narrow the gap for 3rd seed even with Blake out himself..

Kawhitstorm
01-09-2016, 12:45 AM
OKC's defense:lmao

DenialTwist
01-09-2016, 02:05 AM
Did anyone see Westbrook's interview with J.A. Adande after the Lakers game on ESPN?
He laughed when Adande said everyone is talking about how well Golden State and San Antonio are playing and not OKC. Westbrook said thats fine, let them talk we are just getting better and better and will play well when the playoffs start.

Kawhitstorm
01-09-2016, 02:46 AM
Did anyone see Westbrook's interview with J.A. Adande after the Lakers game on ESPN?
He laughed when Adande said everyone is talking about how well Golden State and San Antonio are playing and not OKC. Westbrook said thats fine, let them talk we are just getting better and better and will play well when the playoffs start.

Nothing surprising, typical Westbrook response. He's the delusional guy w/ a chip on his shoulder on that us against the world steez.

spursistan
01-09-2016, 01:00 PM
folks still wanting to play the Clippers instead of that horrific Thunder D :lmao..Spurs in 5, i'm calling it..

Go through another Pop shitting the bed with hack a DJ; another Kawhi/Green screened to death belowpar series at your own peril..Risk having CP3 making the conference Finals for first time at your expense..

SouthernFried
01-09-2016, 01:33 PM
I don't want to play Clippers. For whatever reason, they are as tough a matchup for us as there is.

spursistan
01-10-2016, 11:28 PM
det OKC defense..holy shit :lmao...

The Clippers for all their mental midgetry are more fundamentally sound basketball team, tbh..

Kawhitstorm
01-10-2016, 11:37 PM
det OKC defense..holy shit :lmao...

The Clippers for all their mental midgetry are more fundamentally sound basketball team, tbh..

OKC's current defense reminds me of the two blowouts in Gm 1/2 of the 2014 series (w/o Ibaka) & Gm 5 w/ Ibaka. There offense hasn't improved & their defense has regressed under Billy Donovan.:toast

Clippers are actually getting random contribution from their role players & Doc has put the two mental midgets Josh/Lance in the dog house (addition by subtraction). Hopefully, they stay 4th & face the Mavs (kill two birds w/ one rock) then give the Warriors a tough 6 game series. OKC meanwhile is primed for an ass whoopin' in the 2nd rd:lol, no more "Ibaka was injured" excuses.

apalisoc_9
01-10-2016, 11:43 PM
Man, would be nice if the sixth seed beat OKC. Houston/Dallas can beat OKC...just hope it isnt memphis.

Hope we get memphis tbh :lol...

Jazz or Houston against OKC or Warriors would be nice.

Kawhitstorm
01-10-2016, 11:56 PM
Man, would be nice if the sixth seed beat OKC. Houston/Dallas can beat OKC...just hope it isnt memphis.

Hope we get memphis tbh :lol...

Jazz or Houston against OKC or Warriors would be nice.

Memphis seems like a seem that has no room for improvement so if the Rockets start playing up to their potential & the Jazz get healthy, they might get overtaken.:lol Wouldn't mind the Jazz considering how the two blowout but Gobert/Favors have given LMA/Tim issues in previous season & Patty got destroyed by Burks.

If the Jazz are healthy, Jazz>Rockets>Grizz....best case scenario: GSW/Jazz, Grizz/Spurs, OKC/Rockets

BatManu20
01-10-2016, 11:59 PM

BatManu20
01-11-2016, 12:00 AM
Damn, Dame went off down the stretch :wow

ducks
01-11-2016, 12:05 AM
No shit

Kawhitstorm
01-11-2016, 12:07 AM
Damn, Dame went off down the stretch :wow

Westbrook apparently didn't read the scouting report & wasn't aware that Lillard will pull up from 30 ft:lol

SAGirl
01-11-2016, 12:23 AM
Lillard doing his thang...

SAGirl
01-11-2016, 12:24 AM
Westbrook apparently didn't read the scouting report & wasn't aware that Lillard will pull up from 30 ft:lol
:lmao

Mikeanaro
01-11-2016, 12:34 AM
Blazers deserved the win, there were some shitty calls helping OKShitty as usual.

apalisoc_9
01-11-2016, 01:01 AM

To be fair, I read somewhere that Lillard three pointers are actually detrimental to his team..theres a stats somewhere there that says the blazers are 1-10 something when lillard takes a certain amount of threes..

Not that thats a good reason to leave a player than can get hot in stretches.

spurs10
01-11-2016, 01:38 AM
An OKC loss is always good news to me!:hat

tbdog
01-11-2016, 01:56 AM
Looking at the scoreboard, looks like Westbrook fouled out. I don't know when though.

lilbthebasedgod
01-11-2016, 01:58 AM
Looking at the scoreboard, looks like Westbrook fouled out. I don't know when though.
He fouled out with like 1.9 seconds left in the game.

Fireball
01-11-2016, 03:09 AM
ok, OKC lost one ... now I am sure we will drop one this week as well

UNT Eagles 2016
01-11-2016, 07:16 AM
Much rather face the Clippers than OKC. OKC is a matchup nightmare for us and will probably beat us in a series, with or without HCA.

ceperez
01-11-2016, 07:49 AM
This should tell everyone that a game isn't out of reach if you got some guy who can explode hitting those 3's.

That's why nobody should ever think that the GSW can be easily beaten. If people are launching 3 point attempts from 30ft and connecting, then no lead is insurmountable.

The only remedy is that the opponent's legs are just too tired to shoot accurately.

exstatic
01-11-2016, 07:49 AM
Much rather face the Clippers than OKC. OKC is a matchup nightmare for us and will probably beat us in a series, with or without HCA.

The Power of OKC is broken. We've beaten them in a series since they've beaten us, and anyone who could play a shred of consistent defense on that team is gone. Grow a pair, dude.

exstatic
01-11-2016, 07:51 AM
This should tell everyone that a game isn't out of reach if you got some guy who can explode hitting those 3's.

That's why nobody should ever think that the GSW can be easily beaten. If people are launching 3 point attempts from 30ft and connecting, then no lead is insurmountable.

The only remedy is that the opponent's legs are just too tired to shoot accurately.

The remedy is to smother his ass with Kawhi. KL2 forces that little shit to dribble with his back to the basket to avoid getting his pocket repeatedly picked.

ceperez
01-11-2016, 07:54 AM
The remedy is to smother his ass with Kawhi. KL2 forces that little shit to dribble with his back to the basket to avoid getting his pocket repeatedly picked.

Fingers crossed that Kawhi in indeed the Kryptonite we need.

100%duncan
01-11-2016, 08:06 AM
Okc as a matchup nightmare :lol

We have kawhi for kd, and dg for westbrook. We can hide parker on roberson. They cant pack the paint with lma, dwest,bobo. And kawhi typically owns the team. Meanwhile clippers negate kawhi's defense by running millions of screens for paul, and tiring danny by chasing redick the whole time. We also dont have someone who can check blake, the best pf in the league. And for some reason, auscrub rivers owns patty.

exstatic
01-11-2016, 08:17 AM
Fingers crossed that Kawhi in indeed the Kryptonite we need.
Even if he doesn't get the steals, he has defensive "gravity", making them change their plays to avoid his area.
ePw4iiV8yzs

DenialTwist
01-11-2016, 08:19 AM

Problem is I've never seen a GSW/SAS matchup in the reg. season (the last three times they met) where KL guarded Curry straight up to start games. I was listening to an old podcast from Eye On basketball and even Zach Harper asked why Pop doesn't just have KL or Green guard Curry to start? But then again who will Parker guard? Barnes will exploit that matchup if that's where Parker hides. Jalen Rose said KL should be guarding Draymond, because that's the key to beating GS. Basically, let Curry go off and guard/contain everyone else?

exstatic
01-11-2016, 08:35 AM
Problem is I've never seen a GSW/SAS matchup in the reg. season (the last three times they met) where KL guarded Curry straight up to start games. I was listening to an old podcast from Eye On basketball and even Zach Harper asked why Pop doesn't just have KL or Green guard Curry to start? But then again who will Parker guard? Barnes will exploit that matchup if that's where Parker hides. Jalen Rose said KL should be guarding Draymond, because that's the key to beating GS. Basically, let Curry go off and guard/contain everyone else?

:lol Do it. You basically have GS themselves taking the ball out of Curry's hands for that to happen. We have good enough help and rim defense to ride that out.

myhc
01-11-2016, 08:41 AM
Definitely more worried about the Clippers than the Thunder for reasons listed above.

$pursDynasty
01-11-2016, 10:25 AM
The Power of OKC is broken. We've beaten them in a series since they've beaten us, and anyone who could play a shred of consistent defense on that team is gone. Grow a pair, dude.

exstatic you are right it seems that after that CoJo slam, whatever mental hold they held over the Spurs is over. Yes I know they won the season opener in their house and they are a good team BUT there was a while there where the Spurs were so mentally intimidated by them, we didn't dare shoot a ball anywhere near the paint and their much vaunted athleticism had their third string players having a mental edge over our starters. Like I said after CoJo the Spurs seemed to be like yeah we can take it to Ibaka, and the matchup changed. Yes they are still one of the best 4 teams in the league and should be respected but with KD and Russ it is impossible to win if you are afraid to go into the paint because then they will just close out on three and you are toast. So UNT was right about us in the past but not since that last playoff series.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-11-2016, 11:07 AM

Problem is we can't guard them to save our lives and our 2 new rotation guys are perennial playoff chokers until proven otherwise. Our big 3 is two years older than 2014. We lose in 6 with HCA, 5 without HCA.

NameLess Scrub
01-11-2016, 12:45 PM
I couldn't pick. Both teams are tough matchups with players capable of making mid range jumpers and crappy shots.
Also they have the favor of the refs, who give star calls to OKC and are manipulated by the Clippers' whine and flop strategy

Chinook
01-11-2016, 01:12 PM
Problem is we can't guard them to save our lives and our 2 new rotation guys are perennial playoff chokers until proven otherwise. Our big 3 is two years older than 2014. We lose in 6 with HCA, 5 without HCA.

:lol Calling LMA a playoff choker is like the people who were calling Danny Green a playoff choker in 2013. Aldridge had a tremendous series to start off the 2014 post-season. That he was shut down by the best one-on-one big defender in the league in no way makes him a choker

Chinook
01-11-2016, 01:14 PM
Probably the Clippers. Green seems to have a blood feud with them (it was the LAC game that helped Danny break out of his slump), and I imagine the rest of the team feels similar. I don't expect a long series if the Spurs get their chance to take revenge on them in the playoffs.

UZER
01-11-2016, 01:31 PM
Probably the Clippers. Green seems to have a blood feud with them (it was the LAC game that helped Danny break out of his slump), and I imagine the rest of the team feels similar. I don't expect a long series if the Spurs get their chance to take revenge on them in the playoffs.

Oh it will be long one way or another with Hack-a

Chinook
01-11-2016, 01:35 PM
Oh out will be long one way or another with Hack-a

In that case, they better not give Van Gundy any games. Like, really, no one wants to hear him complain for an hour about how much he doesn't like a rule when his proposed solution is even worse.

apalisoc_9
01-11-2016, 01:38 PM
The biggest reason why I want LA is because I think the thunder matchup really well with the warriors. Westbrook and Durant are both phenomenal offensive players that will get their points regardless of opponet.

They match up pretty well against the warriors.

spursistan
01-11-2016, 01:44 PM
Okc as a matchup nightmare :lol

We have kawhi for kd, and dg for westbrook. We can hide parker on roberson. They cant pack the paint with lma, dwest,bobo. And kawhi typically owns the team. Meanwhile clippers negate kawhi's defense by running millions of screens for paul, and tiring danny by chasing redick the whole time. We also dont have someone who can check blake, the best pf in the league. And for some reason, auscrub rivers owns patty.
All of this..the Spurs give up that midranger which happens to be Blake/CP3 sweet spot area..Plus i have grown absolutely disgusted with Pop coaching vs them and his extraordinary ability to fuck up the "hack-a-Dj"..

spursistan
01-11-2016, 01:52 PM
In that case, they better not give Van Gundy any games. Like, really, no one wants to hear him complain for an hour about how much he doesn't like a rule when his proposed solution is even worse.
His contrarian act has worn thin..he is become a loud curmudgeon for me to the point I'm reaching for that MUTE button, tbh..

UNT Eagles 2016
01-11-2016, 03:07 PM
:lol Calling LMA a playoff choker is like the people who were calling Danny Green a playoff choker in 2013. Aldridge had a tremendous series to start off the 2014 post-season. That he was shut down by the best one-on-one big defender in the league in no way makes him a choker

2009, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015. And Aldridge had had a ton more chances than Green had by 2014.

NameLess Scrub
01-11-2016, 03:37 PM

How would you say the Spurs would stop the mid range game and avoid close games?
I feel like both of these teams have the advantage in close games, either by closing ability or reffing.

Kawhitstorm
01-24-2016, 09:48 PM
OKC supposedly playing its best ball of the season (including on defense) & giving up a 116 to the Nytes in regulation.:lmao

Kawhitstorm
01-24-2016, 09:51 PM
2009, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015. And Aldridge had had a ton more chances than Green had by 2014.

-2009 (1st postseason series): Best big-man in the series
-2010 (B-Roy injured): Best player on the team & matched Amare
-2011 (B-Roy injured): Best player on the team while being guarded by Tyson Chandler (fared better than Bosh/Pau)
-2014: Lit up Dwight then ran into TiaGOAT
-2015: Playing injured against Z-Bo/Gasol, no Wes Matthews/Affalo & Batum/Lillard/Lopez wet the bed.....still leads the team in scoring/rebounding

:sleep

Kawhitstorm
01-24-2016, 10:17 PM
The biggest reason why I want LA is because I think the thunder matchup really well with the warriors. Westbrook and Durant are both phenomenal offensive players that will get their points regardless of opponet.

They match up pretty well against the warriors.

OKC doesn't matchup well besides the fact that they refuse to double Durant.:lol

-Ibaka is a low IQ player
-Kanter is K-Love status on defense
-Waiters is a disaster
-Roberson makes Tony Allen seem like the next coming of Wade
-Singler is trash
-Adams doesn't even look at the basket when he has post-up opportunities
-Westbrook gets burnt when he tries to gamble against Curry

The Clippers matchup best w/ the Worriors it's just that they keep melting down in the 4th quarter.:lol
-Blake can guard Draymond
-Chris Paul makes Curry work on defense
-ReDick/Rivers can neutralize Klay/Barbosa
-DeAndre pounds them on the offensive glass
-Crawford has length so Livingston isn't shooting over a chair
-They had two 4th quarter leads against the Worrier this season & blew it (including one WITHOUT ReDick):lol

If Pierce can play half as well as he did in last years postseason & if Wes Johnson can be shoot 35% (his career average) from 3 then it would give the Cripples a decent wing combo to combat Barnes/Iggy. Maybe Lance will have a random series like Austin Rivers last season.:lol

SpursIndonesia
01-25-2016, 08:19 AM
Yeah, i start to get it & warm up with the Spurs-Thunder post season match up. As long the refs don't go full retard and elevate the rest of their shitty roster outside Westchimp , Betacuck, & Ibaka with superstar treatment, that OKC team is quite beatable.

Kawhitstorm
02-19-2016, 12:58 AM
:wakeup

Kawhitstorm
02-19-2016, 01:01 AM
Kawhi/Danny's defense is marginalized against the Clippers b/c they run their guards through millions of screens. On the other hand, they get to play 1-on-1 defense against Durant/Westbrook without worrying about Tony chasing Redick (Ibaka is a spot up shooter & can't take advantage of mismatches:lol).

Roberson also isn't as good a defender as a Moute & if they choose to play Waiters instead Durant has to guard Kawhi. Patty also doesn't have to worry about getting bullied by Rivers. :toast

People are forgetting how the Spurs thoroughly outplayed OKC at home during the 2014 series even w/ Ibaka in the lineup (Gm 5) meanwhile the Clippers are the last team to win in San Antonio both in the regular season & playoffs. As long as they have home-court advantage (ThunderRefs:lol) & Harden doesn't get traded back to OKC:lol, the Spurs should be good.

HarlemHeat37
02-19-2016, 01:01 AM

OKC no longer has any significant mismatches vs. the Spurs, even considering Durant is probably the #2 player in the NBA, and Russy is a monster..

Kawhitstorm
02-19-2016, 01:03 AM
OKC's current defense reminds me of the two blowouts in Gm 1/2 of the 2014 series (w/o Ibaka) & Gm 5 w/ Ibaka. There offense hasn't improved & their defense has regressed under Billy Donovan.:toast

Clippers are actually getting random contribution from their role players & Doc has put the two mental midgets Josh/Lance in the dog house (addition by subtraction). Hopefully, they stay 4th & face the Mavs (kill two birds w/ one rock) then give the Warriors a tough 6 game series. OKC meanwhile is primed for an ass whoopin' in the 2nd rd:lol, no more "Ibaka was injured" excuses.

Kawhitstorm
02-19-2016, 01:09 AM

BOTH team WON'T be able to knock off the Worriers b/c their wing players are trash but the Clippers matchup best w/ the Worriers. The OKC comeback against the Worriers was a fluke since the Worriers started coasting in the 2nd half w/ a 20 point lead & Curry/Klay were missing open shots. Kanter would have been exposed if Curry had an average shooting night but the Worriers still won despite Durant going off, the Kanter/Westbrook PnR working & Curry/Klay having bad shooting nights.

HarlemHeat37
02-19-2016, 01:11 AM
BOTH team WON'T be able to knock off the Worriers b/c their wing players are trash but the Clippers matchup best w/ the Worriers. The OKC comeback against the Worriers was a fluke since the Worriers started costing in the 2nd half & Curry/Klay were missing open shots. Kanter would have been exposed if Curry had an average shooting night but the Worriers still won despite Durant going off, the Kanter/Westbrook PnR working & Curry/Klay having bad shooting nights.

Nobody can beat the Warriors, realistically:lol

OKC has a better chance, though IMO..we've seen how the Clippers-Warriors games play out..Clippers keep it close, but never close the deal..

I hope OKC gets 3rd, though, I'd much rather play them..don't want an entire series of Chris Paul pick&rolls and JJ Redick screens..

spursistan
02-19-2016, 01:53 AM
With the way Parker been degenerating and LMA confirming yet again his pathetic big game pedigree, i'm not even sure the Spurs wouldn't get bogged down in 7-game series vs the Thunder.. Let's hope Kawhi calf/Manu testicle are all right for that series..

Spurs 4 The Win
02-19-2016, 02:01 AM
With the way Parker been degenerating and LMA confirming yet again his pathetic big game pedigree, i'm not even sure the Spurs wouldn't get bogged down in 7-game series vs the Thunder.. Let's hope Kawhi calf/Manu testicle are all right for that series..

lol, one game and everyone sucks again, chill out, we were rusty after a long layover and played like garbage, it happens, especially on the road, I will admit that I would much rather play OKC than the Clippers in a series but we would beat either of them

houston spurs fan
02-19-2016, 02:24 AM
Not mad about tonight's loss. Still have hope the clips can get the number 3 seed...

Ditty
02-19-2016, 02:42 AM
It's going to be nice that we should have an extremely winnable 1st round opponent in either Utah, Portland, Dallas or Memphis even maybe Houston. If Houston somehow gets its shit together and look relevant they can seriously move up to the fifth or sixth position and I think they will like their matchup with OKC or LA.

Think we match up better with OKC, but think the motivation will be there for the Spurs in a playoff series against the Clips, but either the Clippers or Thunder are going to give the Warriors some fits imo.

Kawhitstorm
02-19-2016, 03:00 AM

OKC has a better chance, though IMO..we've seen how the Clippers-Warriors games play out..Clippers keep it close, but never close the deal..

I hope OKC gets 3rd, though, I'd much rather play them..don't want an entire series of Chris Paul pick&rolls and JJ Redick screens..

OKC won't be able to beat the Worriers even if Curry has a mediocre series b/c their defense is trash despite what the number say but if Paul/ReDick neutralize Curry/Klay the Cripples with a healthy Blake have a realistic chance of knocking them off considering 2 of the following show up 4 out of 7 games even if they completely wet the bed for 3: Jeff Green/Crawford/Wes Johnson/Pierce/Rivers:lol

Spurs 4 The Win
02-19-2016, 03:03 AM
OKC won't be able to beat the Worriers even if Curry has a mediocre series b/c their defense is trash despite what the number say but if Chris Paul neutralizes Curry the Cripples have a punchers chance of knocking them off considering Jeff Green/Crawford/Wes Johnson/Pierce show up 4 out of 7 games even if they completely wet the bed for 3.

This, Clippers have a much better chance, and always play them tough

sexinthatsx
02-19-2016, 03:22 AM

Clippers Warriors matchups always tends to get really physical. If they match up and Warriors win, they'll still be walking in the next round hampered with nagging injuries and fatigue.

Kawhitstorm
02-19-2016, 03:28 AM
Clippers Warriors matchups always tends to get really physical. If they match up and Warriors win, they'll still be walking in the next round hampered with nagging injuries and fatigue.

2016 Blake wiil knock Draymond's tooth out when he tries to play Mr. Tough Guy:toast

TD 21
02-19-2016, 05:08 PM
OKC no longer has any significant mismatches vs. the Spurs, even considering Durant is probably the #2 player in the NBA, and Russy is a monster..

It's not all about match-ups and X's and O's. There is a mental component and for whatever reason(s), the Spurs play with virtually no confidence against the Thunder, while the Thunder play with sky high confidence against the Spurs. Until/unless I see a change in that, I'm more concerned with the Thunder than the Clippers, because nothing else matters if that persists.

I also disagree about the Thunder no longer being a match-up issue. I'd agree that they're not as big of one, but Aldridge isn't stretching Ibaka out to three.

And didn't you have Durant outside the top 5 a few months ago? Now he's 2nd again.

Kawhitstorm
02-19-2016, 10:29 PM
OKC about to get run down by the Cripples for the 3rd seed, #WestBrick:bang

spursistan
02-19-2016, 10:34 PM
Thunder 4th quarter defense..:lol

Spurs better hope they stay at 3rd seed..The Clippers have potential to be monster team with Blake and are going to give hell both to GSW/SA...I want no part of CP3 last stand to make a conference finals :lol

apalisoc_9
02-19-2016, 10:59 PM
I had durant top 6 a few months ago too but its pretty aparent that Durant has his game back now. He looks as healthy pre injury and that Durant was on pace to become the best player in the league.

Durant probably is just as good as curry. Hes better than Lebron, Imo.

Curry
Durant
Lebron
Kawhi
Westbrook

Id put kawhi over Lebron, but LBJ deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Westbrook is probably not as valuable as the other 4 despite his monster statistical seasons.

Most podcast monsters like lowe, simmons, duncan, leroux, haralabos..etc..have kawhi or Durant at two...

sexinthatsx
02-20-2016, 12:27 AM
2016 Blake wiil knock Draymond's tooth out when he tries to play Mr. Tough Guy:toast

Yeah, if only it was Draymond Green that Blake took a swing at. Hate that guy.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-20-2016, 12:32 AM
Anyone but the mighty Lakers, tbh.

Kawhitstorm
02-20-2016, 01:13 AM
I had durant top 6 a few months ago too but its pretty aparent that Durant has his game back now. He looks as healthy pre injury and that Durant was on pace to become the best player in the league.

Durant probably is just as good as curry. Hes better than Lebron, Imo.

Curry
Durant
Lebron
Kawhi
Westbrook

Id put kawhi over Lebron, but LBJ deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Westbrook is probably not as valuable as the other 4 despite his monster statistical seasons.

Most podcast monsters like lowe, simmons, duncan, leroux, haralabos..etc..have kawhi or Durant at two...

Meanwhile BSPN is claiming WestBrick has surpassed The Servant b/c he won All-Star MVP: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=14806898 :lmao

Kawhitstorm
02-20-2016, 01:15 AM
Thunder 4th quarter defense..:lol

Dion Butters: 0-6 , ZERO point.......OKC: Randy Foye will save us :lol

apalisoc_9
02-20-2016, 01:18 AM
Meanwhile BSPN is claiming WestBrick has surpassed The Servant b/c he won All-Star MVP: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=14806898 :lmao

Dont even listen to these kind of shit tbh. Lol...

Love wedtbrook but he isnt better than KD-Lebrob-Curry-Kawhi..casuals would tell you otherwise though. Raw stats is pretty important for a lot of them and bspn does have a lot of casuals.

Kawhitstorm
02-21-2016, 05:34 PM
OKC:lmao

Getting blown out in Meth City:lmao

Max Money ChewBaka:lmao

Dion Butters:lmao

Randy Toy:lmao

Anus Cancer:lmao

Wing depth:lmao

Top 10 Defense:lmao

spursistan
02-21-2016, 05:38 PM
OKC:lmao

Getting blown out in Meth City:lmao

Dion Butters:lmao

Randy Toy:lmao

Top 10 Defense:lmao

If anybody still hasn't seen the light on this OKC or Clippers, might as well stop watching ball :lol..

Hope we sweep them and end professional basketball in OKlahoma..you know Durant is bolting if it gets hopelessly ugly in WCSF..

Kawhitstorm
02-21-2016, 05:41 PM
If anybody still hasn't seen the light on this OKC or Clippers, might as well stop watching ball :lol..

Hope we sweep them and end professional basketball in OKlahoma..you know Durant is bolting if it gets hopelessly ugly in WCSF..

Only worry is them dropping to 4th or more importantly the Cripples moving up to 3rd:lol

spurs10
02-21-2016, 06:03 PM
The Suns are hanging right in there!

HarlemHeat37
02-21-2016, 06:12 PM
As some of us have been saying for months, OKC won't win a series vs. a team that is close to it in talent, tbh..

The only way they win is when they have a substantial advantage in talent..

hater
02-21-2016, 06:32 PM
As I called since summer. Nobody is beating the Cavs in the finals. NOBODY

ViceCity86
02-21-2016, 10:06 PM
If Spurs can't beat either of these teams,then it's more overrated than the 2011 squad.Thunder's roster beyond their big 3 is awful.No wing depth at all.Anthony Murrow is their best wing guy after KD and Brick,sadly.

ViceCity86
02-21-2016, 10:08 PM
As I called since summer. Nobody is beating the Cavs in the finals. NOBODY

1.Warriors
2.Cavs
3.Spurs
4.Thunder
5.Clippers

cjw
02-22-2016, 12:54 AM
Watching Dion Waiters today made me want to go back in time and break the TV on opening night. The Spurs made the right move down the stretch and Dion somehow hit two iso shots. Today showed what a chucker he is. Bricks jumper after jumper, and then goes on tilt and tries to dunk and misses. His FT motion is broken too.

spursistan
03-03-2016, 12:49 AM
:lmao Thunder :lmao :lmao :lmao

spursistan
03-03-2016, 12:57 AM
this Thunder team has no wing defense and are too predictable on offense..I WANT to face them..We are built to neuter these type of teams..

Kawhitstorm
03-03-2016, 12:58 AM
:lmao Thunder :lmao :lmao :lmao

The only hope of avoiding the Cripples is Blake returning & ruining the chemistry (esp. DeAndre/Small-ball).

ViceCity86
03-03-2016, 01:07 AM
Thunder are this generations early 2000s Kings.The ultimate choke artist.

Jeff Green is Horrible trash

spursistan
03-03-2016, 01:08 AM
The only hope of avoiding the Cripples is Blake returning & ruining the chemistry (esp. DeAndre/Small-ball).
Yeah, OKC are melting down and their schedule is tougher..

Major reason for wanting to face them is that when Kawhi is sicced on KD you have a low-IQ volume chucker PG doing something like this..

timtonymanu
03-03-2016, 01:41 AM
Fuck, Clippers closing in on the 3rd seed though. Do not want Clippers in the 2nd round.

SpurPadre
03-03-2016, 01:42 AM
Fuck, Clippers closing in on the 3rd seed though. Do not want Clippers in the 2nd round.

In some ways, I'm just as afraid of them as I am of the Dubs.

Kawhitstorm
03-03-2016, 01:48 AM

Would be funny as hell if DeAndre had a meltdown b/c of all the taunting & they lost to the Mavs in the 1st rd.:lol

Kawhitstorm
03-11-2016, 10:43 PM
:wakeup

spursistan
03-15-2016, 09:52 PM
Avoid Chris Paul at all costs..we have no answer..let him duke it out with Wardell in R2 and wish it's a bone-crushing 7-game series..At least Westbrick will rear his ugly head few times and give you something..

$pursDynasty
03-15-2016, 09:57 PM
Avoid Chris Paul at all costs..we have no answer..let him duke it out with Wardell in R2 and wish it's a bone-crushing 7-game series..At least Westbrick will rear his ugly head few times and give you something..
This^^^

DPG21920
03-15-2016, 09:59 PM
It's hard. Even with Blake, dealing with WB/Durant is just tough. They have the ability to freak out more than LAC, but LAC will probably have the higher floor.

Spurs beat either one though if healthy and not bricking shots at an alarming pace.

Robz4000
03-15-2016, 10:00 PM
Much rather face OKC, especially with how bad Abaka has looked.

Kawhitstorm
03-15-2016, 10:00 PM

Doc has said he will rest Paul when Blake returns so if the Grizz clinch the 5th seed then the Cripples will most likely tank for the 4/5 matchup.

Kawhitstorm
03-15-2016, 10:01 PM
It's hard. Even with Blake, dealing with WB/Durant is just tough. They have the ability to freak out more than LAC, but LAC will probably have the higher floor.

Spurs beat either one though if healthy and not bricking shots at an alarming pace.

Are we assuming Porker/Meow aren't "healthy" at the moment?:wakeup

elemento
03-15-2016, 10:01 PM
OKC

I'd rather face a dumber team with a dumb PG.

Westbrook will cost OKC the series even if Durant averages 50ppg.

$pursDynasty
03-15-2016, 10:03 PM

DPG for me as great as the Thunderefs dynamic duo is, Kiwi can check KD, Russell will be Russell, however the Spurs have no answer for CP0 or Blake. Bad match ups.

HarlemHeat37
03-15-2016, 10:03 PM

I just don't see the argument, tbh..

OKC just has so many flaws..they're a low-IQ team, a below average defense..their rotation features borderline NBA players like Kyle Singler and Dion Waiters:lol

The Spurs' defensive anchor matches up perfectly with OKC's best offensive player, and OKC struggles to defend PFs(which works perfectly for the Spurs)..

Spurs have no answer for Paul and Griffin, tbh..Clippers have some flaws, but they match up decently against the Spurs..Danny and Kawhi's defense is neutralized by all the screens the Clippers run, and Blake's outside game usually gives the Spurs a ton of problems(although maybe Aldridge will help, in that regard)..

DPG21920
03-15-2016, 10:04 PM
Are we assuming Porker/Meow aren't "healthy" at the moment?:wakeup

No - I'm saying that as we are today, SA beats both.

Kawhitstorm
03-15-2016, 10:04 PM
OKC

I'd rather face a dumber team with a dumb PG.

Westbrook will cost OKC the series even if Durant averages 50ppg.

Plus, the Spurs beat OKC WITHOUT Porker meanwhile got destroyed by Paul when Porker was walking dead as he is doing right now.

DPG21920
03-15-2016, 10:06 PM
I just don't see the argument, tbh..

OKC just has so many flaws..they're a low-IQ team, a below average defense..their rotation features borderline NBA players like Kyle Singler and Dion Waiters:lol

The Spurs' defensive anchor matches up perfectly with OKC's best offensive player, and OKC struggles to defend PFs(which works perfectly for the Spurs)..

Spurs have no answer for Paul and Griffin, tbh..Clippers have some flaws, but they match up decently against the Spurs..Danny and Kawhi's defense is neutralized by all the screens the Clippers run, and Blake's outside game usually gives the Spurs a ton of problems(although maybe Aldridge will help, in that regard)..

Agreed - even said that I would rather OKC. Just saying that I am less scared of LAC now. They are worse than last year, Spurs are better and they barely beat SA last year with an all time great series from Blake that I am not confident he can duplicate.

OKC I would "rather", but their ceiling if things go well is much higher than LAC's because WB/KD are super talented.

TheGreatYacht
03-15-2016, 10:07 PM
Clippers are easily the tougher matchup. Griffin averaged a triple double last year against Shitter, they've beaten us once without him and tonight Spurs just caught fire in a close game.

Also, Doc > Pop

DPG21920
03-15-2016, 10:11 PM
Clippers are easily the tougher matchup. Griffin averaged a triple double last year against Shitter, they've beaten us once without him and tonight Spurs just caught fire in a close game.

Also, Doc > Pop

See, this is what I don't agree with. People are remembering the result vs the series. Spurs unfortunately played a poor series. They missed a ton of looks, Tiago was hobbled and couldn't give many positive minutes, TP was broken down, etc..Blake played one of the best series I have ever seen and CP was great.

I don't think that is at all likely to happen and SA is clearly better than last year. Sure, I would choose OKC, but I am no longer scared. Of course LAC is playing SA tough, just like OKC beating SA earlier this year. They are good teams and you don't just blow good teams out all the time.

TheGreatYacht
03-15-2016, 10:15 PM
See, this is what I don't agree with. People are remembering the result vs the series. Spurs unfortunately played a poor series. They missed a ton of looks, Tiago was hobbled and couldn't give many positive minutes, TP was broken down, etc..Blake played one of the best series I have ever seen and CP was great.

I don't think that is at all likely to happen and SA is clearly better than last year. Sure, I would choose OKC, but I am no longer scared. Of course LAC is playing SA tough, just like OKC beating SA earlier this year. They are good teams and you don't just blow good teams out all the time.
Yeah a lot things went wrong, but I'd rather take my chances against a Billy Donovan team than a Doc one. Westbrook can also be a detriment to that team while Paul is the one of the best floor generals of all time.

Ibaka looks washed, and Aldridge is just a terrible matchup for him. Without Reggie Jackson, OKC needs a third option and Ibaka ain't it

DPG21920
03-15-2016, 10:17 PM
Yeah a lot things went wrong, but I'd rather take my chances against a Billy Donovan team than a Doc one. Westbrook can also be a detriment to that team while Paul is the one of the best floor generals of all time.

Ibaka looks washed, and Aldridge is just a terrible matchup for him. Without Reggie Jackson, OKC needs a third option and Ibaka ain't it

I agree, was just saying IMO, after seeing SA this year and really thinking about that series last year, I think SA should beat both teams.

TheGreatYacht
03-15-2016, 10:19 PM
I agree, was just saying IMO, after seeing SA this year and really thinking about that series last year, I think SA should beat both teams.
Yup :tu GSW is the only realistic roadblock

DAF86
03-15-2016, 10:20 PM
I feel like we should beat both teams but Durant and Westbrook can pull the upset. The Clippers have no chance.

BanditHiro
03-15-2016, 10:34 PM
neither can beat the Spurs if the Spurs just shoot their 3's at an average percent.

Kawhitstorm
03-15-2016, 10:37 PM
I picked Clippers over Spurs in 7, last year..this season, I think the Spurs would take them in 6, but it'll be tough..

I'd be pretty confident that the Spurs could finish OKC in 5, though..I'm fully prepared to spend 25% of my betting bankroll on that series once Vegas undoubtedly over-values OKC due to the public:lol..

The narrative on OKC seems to be changing quick as the media has caught on LATE as always that WestBrick just ain't got it after being exposed by Curry/Kawhi on national TV. Your only hope is OKC winning the season series & the media riding that good ole' "OKC is too athletic for the Spurs" narrative.:lol

Kawhitstorm
03-31-2016, 10:58 PM
WestBrick getting lit up by Austin Rivers.:lmao

spursistan
03-31-2016, 11:22 PM
WestBrick getting lit up by Austin Rivers.:lmao
the National media was about to hop on the Thunder bandwagon again after that little winning streak :lol.

exstatic
03-31-2016, 11:31 PM
OKC barely wins and no CP3 or DJ for the Clips.

ace3g
03-31-2016, 11:35 PM
Western Conference

Western
W
L
PCT
GB
CONF
DIV
HOME
ROAD
L 10
STREAK

Golden State (http://www.nba.com/warriors)1p
41-5
15-1
36-0
32-7
9-1
W 6

San Antonio (http://www.nba.com/spurs)2sw
40-6
13-2
38-0
25-12
8-2
W 2

Oklahoma City (http://www.nba.com/thunder)3nw
35-11
12-2
31-9
22-14
9-1
W 1

L.A. Clippers (http://www.nba.com/clippers)4x
26-20
7-6
25-12
22-16
5-5
L 1

Memphis (http://www.nba.com/grizzlies)5
25-23
7-8
25-13
16-21
2-8
L 4

Portland (http://www.nba.com/blazers)6
26-21
9-4
24-12
15-24
5-5
W 2

Dallas (http://www.nba.com/mavericks)7
23-23
5-8
21-17
16-21
4-6
W 2

Utah (http://www.nba.com/jazz)8
21-24
6-8
23-14
14-24
7-3
L 1

Houston (http://www.nba.com/rockets)
24-22
8-7
20-17
17-22
4-6
L 1

spursistan
03-31-2016, 11:40 PM
OKC barely wins and no CP3 or DJ for the Clips.
and no Reddick/Blake..Took 73 points from KD/Westbrook/Ibaka to squeak by Clippers 2nd stringers..That's pretty much Thunder ceiling for you.. Warriors played their B-game in couple of those 3 meetings while OKC and Durant went apeshit and they still got swept in the season series..

spursistan
03-31-2016, 11:44 PM
not worried about Thunder..if Green/Mills hit their threes, Spurs in 5..if our shooters go cold for few games, Spurs in 6 max..

Kawhitstorm
04-01-2016, 12:02 AM
not worried about Thunder..if Green/Mills hit their threes, Spurs in 5..if our shooters go cold for few games, Spurs in 6 max..

OKC looking like the 2014 Blazers w/ 5-&-1/2 rotation players & a bunch of scrubs.

Kawhitstorm
04-01-2016, 12:03 AM
the National media was about to hop on the Thunder bandwagon again after that little winning streak :lol.

They are still going to give WestBrick POTM for March b/c of his triple-doubles.:lol

hater
04-01-2016, 12:06 AM
I'll play the team that doesn't have Barnes tbqh

kobyz
04-01-2016, 01:56 AM
Adams can get under LMA skin and with Ibaka make it hard for him, Westbrook and Durant could go off and Ibaka who known as a Spurs killer, if they can get on top of that just one more contribute on offense from someone...

kobyz
04-01-2016, 05:11 AM
We had problems in the past keep up with OKC intensity...

Chinook
04-01-2016, 06:35 AM
Every series is about Aldridge. If he plays well, the Spurs should be able to dominate the match-up game with anyone. If he's a JAG, the team will struggle.

NameLess Scrub
04-01-2016, 08:27 AM
Every series is about Aldridge. If he plays well, the Spurs should be able to dominate the match-up game with anyone. If he's a JAG, the team will struggle.

I have to agree with this. Hope these past couple of months have given him the conditioning and focus to dominate in the POs.

I never know how I actually feel about these 2 teams in general. They both are capable of screwing the Spurs on some hero ball and questionable officiating or something like that.

lil'mo
04-01-2016, 12:57 PM
a JAG? What the fuck does that mean?

$pursDynasty
04-01-2016, 03:38 PM
Just a Guy = JaG

timtonymanu
04-01-2016, 03:45 PM
I see no reason to fear that trash roster outside their big 2. Thunder would be an easier opponent than the Clips for the Spurs or Dubs.

$pursDynasty
04-01-2016, 09:20 PM
Yep CP0, Blake, DJ, JJ, and Jamal > Westbrick and the Servent

spursistan
04-18-2016, 09:41 PM
losing a home playoff game to a team we beat with our 3rd stringers :lmao..

DieHardSpursFan1537
04-18-2016, 09:47 PM
losing a home playoff game to a team we beat with our 3rd stringers :lmao..
Unless everything goes to hell, Spurs have a straight shot to the WCF. The West is mostly shit this year tbh

spursistan
04-18-2016, 09:52 PM
Unless everything goes to hell, Spurs have a straight shot to the WCF. The West is mostly shit this year tbh
the Spurs are in the perfect bracket :lol..with Curry banged up, i'm expecting CP3 to smell blood and go at him..that series is going to be war of attrition..

tholdren
04-18-2016, 09:54 PM
the Spurs are in the perfect bracket :lol..with Curry banged up, i'm expecting CP3 to smell blood and go at him..that series is going to be war of attrition..

LAC beats GSW then Spurs Revenge

Spurs9
04-18-2016, 09:56 PM
I cant wait for dubs clips series, going to be a dog fight.

TheDoctor
04-18-2016, 10:01 PM
I'm sure this Curry's "injury" isn't that serious. Maybe a little stingy but I saw his warmup vids and looked fine tbh. He even sprinted when he entered the court. Houston just suxs and they're treating this game like a regular season game, because that's what it really is. :lol

SpurPadre
04-18-2016, 10:03 PM
I'm sure this Curry's "injury" isn't that serious at all. Saw his warmup vids and looked fine tbh. He even sprinted when he entered the court.

THIS. He's getting good rest out of it. They know they can beat Houston blindfolded.

DieHardSpursFan1537
04-18-2016, 10:04 PM
:lol if clippers beat warriors, that'd be great

spursistan
04-18-2016, 10:14 PM
If Spurs play to their potential, i really think the series will go no more than 5 games vs OKC..

Kawhitstorm
04-18-2016, 10:30 PM
If Spurs play to their potential, i really think the series will go no more than 5 games vs OKC..

Should be like the 2014 Blazers series :lol

timtonymanu
04-18-2016, 10:46 PM

This. Pop needs to unleash Boban early instead of West too.

timtonymanu
04-18-2016, 10:49 PM
:lmao yeah would rather face Waiters, Roberson, Singler than having to play JJ, Crawford, and Pierce. There was never a reason to fear the Thunder over the Clippers.

spursistan
04-19-2016, 11:55 AM

this inept organisation actually managed to downgrade in the coaching department :lmao..

Durant vs Spurs in WCSF could have an air of Lebron vs Celtics in ECSF circa 2010..

timtonymanu
04-19-2016, 04:46 PM

this inept organisation actually managed to downgrade in the coaching department :lmao..

Durant vs Spurs in WCSF could have an air of Lebron vs Celtics in ECSF circa 2010..

I can't really put this is on Donovan. Scotty had better players to work with that he still didn't know how to use. :lol

GSH
04-23-2016, 09:57 PM

Anyone watching how nasty the OKC-Dallas series has gotten? Durant just got ejected for a Flagrant II. He already got fined for a cheap shot in the last game.

There was a play earlier in the game where Dallas was trying to inbound the ball, and one of the jackasses sitting on the Thunder bench had the ball and decided to play keep-away. Total chickenshit thing to do, and an "altercation" started over it. The refs did their usual, and called double technicals.

I don't usually like it when people call for a player to get hurt. But I wouldn't mind if Westbrook... or Durant... or Ibaka broke a leg like Paul George did. Not because it would make them easier to beat - I'd just like to see it happen.

Heh. As I'm typing this, there were more dirty elbows being thrown on another FT, and Ibaka scored a technical. Only seconds left, and the game was out of reach. It was just nasty play. The Spurs will beat OKC, but it's a series that could get someone hurt. OKC is trying to show everyone who the bully on the block is this postseason.

BillMc
04-23-2016, 10:00 PM
Anyone watching how nasty the OKC-Dallas series has gotten? Durant just got ejected for a Flagrant II. He already got fined for a cheap shot in the last game.

There was a play earlier in the game where Dallas was trying to inbound the ball, and one of the jackasses sitting on the Thunder bench had the ball and decided to play keep-away. Total chickenshit thing to do, and an "altercation" started over it. The refs did their usual, and called double technicals.

I don't usually like it when people call for a player to get hurt. But I wouldn't mind if Westbrook... or Durant... or Ibaka broke a leg like Paul George did. Not because it would make them easier to beat - I'd just like to see it happen.

Heh. As I'm typing this, there were more dirty elbows being thrown on another FT, and Ibaka scored a technical. Only seconds left, and the game was out of reach. It was just nasty play. The Spurs will beat OKC, but it's a series that could get someone hurt. OKC is trying to show everyone who the bully on the block is this postseason.

Ibaka is massively dirty. I will never root for anyone to get hurt, but I would like him to being on the receiving end of some of the BS he tries. Paging Mr. West, paging Mr. West...

BillMc
04-23-2016, 10:02 PM
Watching Clippers - Guests and not sure who to root for. Is it better to have another major Western team (Clips) tired by extending the series or do I want them to sweep Portland so they'll have rest and prep time to maximize their chances against the Dubs?

ace3g
04-23-2016, 10:03 PM
Well Durant might be suspended for Game 5

Mr. Body
04-23-2016, 10:15 PM

I feel like OKC knows this is the end of the road. Durant has no reason to stay and the window, such as it was, is now slamming shut. Everyone not named Kevin Durant will be stuck in a shithole of a state having to run along behind Westbrook.

GSH
04-23-2016, 10:24 PM
I will never root for anyone to get hurt

Okay, maybe that's wrong of me. But what if in the offseason, Westbrook is in a club and a fight breaks out, and some broken glass flies into... nah, that's too far-fetched to ever happen.

Pachulia has been a seriously dirty sonofabitch this season, but he's getting totally outclassed by the Thunder. That shot by Durant was cheap, and totally unnecessary. The game was out of reach. I know people are saying he might get suspended for next game (and he should, after the elbow in the last game.) But if there had been more time on the clock tonight, I question whether the refs would have ejected him. I don't think there's any way the league suspends him for next game. But it's one time I'll be happy to be wrong.

BillMc
04-23-2016, 10:41 PM
I don't think there's any way the league suspends him for next game. But it's one time I'll be happy to be wrong.

Agree. I'd like to see him suspended but he won't be. Superstars have to go overboard to be suspended in the playoffs. Off the top of my head last time I remember a superstar suspended in a playoff game was Boston-era KG. But I could be forgetting someone...

emanueldavidginobili
04-24-2016, 01:36 AM
Adams and Kanter are going to be a huge headache..

houston spurs fan
04-24-2016, 01:48 AM
This Kanter Ibaka front court concerns me....Not worried at all about Adams but this surge of Kanter all the sudden could give the Spurs a challenge...We struggle against athletic teams, none more athletic than OKC.

Kawhitstorm
04-24-2016, 02:32 AM
Adams and Kanter are going to be a huge headache..

Boban manhandled those bitches:wakeup

Ditty
04-24-2016, 04:17 AM
Spurs match up really well with OKC. As mentioned the series shouldn't go past six at worst if the Spurs don't screw around. I hope KD gets suspended though and Dallas finds a way to take the series to six games at least Monday night.

Spurs 4 The Win
04-24-2016, 04:18 AM
This Kanter Ibaka front court concerns me....Not worried at all about Adams but this surge of Kanter all the sudden could give the Spurs a challenge...We struggle against athletic teams, none more athletic than OKC.

Lol, There bigs look scary because Dallas has a hobbled Dirk, Lee, and Mezri trying to defend them. See what happens when they have real big men that play disciplined defense on them. Kanter wont be going 10-11 or whatever with Aldridge and Duncan guarding him lol.

Spurs 4 The Win
04-24-2016, 04:19 AM
Spurs match up really well with OKC. As mentioned the series shouldn't go past six at worst if the Spurs don't screw around. I hope KD gets suspended though and Dallas finds a way to take the series to six games at least Monday night.
Spurs must take games 1 and 2 at home. If we do that, we take the series in 5. If we dont, its probably going 7.

Arcadian
04-24-2016, 01:58 PM
Not because it would make them easier to beat - I'd just like to see it happen.

:lol

DAF86
04-25-2016, 11:50 PM
Those who picked the Clippers go collect your prizes.

Kawhitstorm
04-26-2016, 01:04 AM
Those who picked the Clippers go collect your prizes.

Weren't folks picking the Cripples to beat the Duds this afternoon before the CP3 injury:lol

DAF86
04-26-2016, 01:08 AM
Weren't folks picking the Cripples to beat the Duds this afternoon before the CP3 injury:lol

Don't know what folks were doing. I just know the Clippers aren't even making out of the first round.

Spurtacular
04-26-2016, 01:21 AM
Fuck. GS with another golden break.

DAF86
05-02-2016, 11:02 PM
Should be like the 2014 Blazers series :lol

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

DAF86
05-02-2016, 11:32 PM
All you fucking idiots talking like this would be a walk in the park come here and start spinning.

timtonymanu
05-02-2016, 11:34 PM
Easy to bring this up because the Clippers are so depleted. :lol

A healthy Paul/Redick/Blake/Jordan would not have been so easy to stop. Not to mention, Crawford probably would have had a GOAT series against them.

DAF86
05-02-2016, 11:42 PM
Easy to bring this up because the Clippers are so depleted. :lol

A healthy Paul/Redick/Blake/Jordan would not have been so easy to stop. Not to mention, Crawford probably would have had a GOAT series against them.

But I heard from some great BB minds here that OKC would be a piece of cake, tbh.

DAF86
05-02-2016, 11:55 PM
None of you cocky mofos that think to know so much wanna man up?

HarlemHeat37
05-03-2016, 12:00 AM
They won game 2 by 1-point on a blown call:lol

Spurs should be embarrassed if they lose this series against a team that ranked in the bottom 10 in defense vs. +500 teams, and barely had a winning record against +.500 teams..shouldn't be an issue, they will win the series, won't be too much trouble IMO..

ViceCity86
05-03-2016, 12:01 AM
Neither of these teams have the goods,including the Spurs.The only prayer is Steph Curry's ankles/ knees.

DAF86
05-03-2016, 12:02 AM
They won game 2 by 1-point on a blown call:lol

Spurs should be embarrassed if they lose this series against a team that ranked in the bottom 10 in defense vs. +500 teams, and barely had a winning record against +.500 teams..shouldn't be an issue, they will win the series, won't be too much trouble IMO..

Good luck trying to get 2 of 3 in reflahoma.

Nathan89
05-03-2016, 12:04 AM
Thunder are trotting out a Tony Allen quality shooter most of the game. I rather play them than a healthy Clippers still.

BG_Spurs_Fan
05-03-2016, 12:18 AM
Good luck trying to get 2 of 3 in reflahoma.

1 of 3.

DAF86
05-03-2016, 12:22 AM
1 of 3.

He said the spurs should win "without much trouble". I suppose that prediction doesn't include a game 7. To prevent a game 7, Spurs need to win 2 out of 3 in reflahoma.