PDA

View Full Version : Execution down the stretch was GREAT

SpursBig3s
12-19-2015, 12:01 AM
Defense struggled (as expected, clippers are athletic as hell and have a eat offense), but for those who said we can't close out a game down the stretch.... I think this answers that. Late game execution was phenomenal. And the even more encouraging thing is that while our defense struggled, our offense was for the most part fantastic tonight. Man we are gonna be SCARY AS HELL come February. Aldridge balled out tonight. Great game.

GSG!

SpursIndonesia
12-19-2015, 12:06 AM
It's basically MVParker and to lesser extent, LMAlpha bailing the team tonight, our offensive execution especially in hitting the open or semi open shots is still lacking.

LoneStarState'sPride
12-19-2015, 12:12 AM
Still aren't where we wanna be, but this is the exact type of game we've lost thus far this year. Showing progress.

FromWayDowntown
12-19-2015, 09:20 AM
That was mostly Parker, which was great to see.

Still, I thought what might have been the most promising thing was the way that LA was able at times to get Griffin in post situations and just dominate him. Knowing that you can go to that to get a high percentage possession is useful.

exstatic
12-19-2015, 09:23 AM
That was mostly Parker, which was great to see.

Still, I thought what might have been the most promising thing was the way that LA was able at times to get Griffin in post situations and just dominate him. Knowing that you can go to that to get a high percentage possession is useful.

Griffin isn't really a true "big". He's about the size of the Morris twins, 6'8"ish, with mad hops. LMA is just too damn big, strong, and talented for him to guard at almost any time.

Mr Bones
12-19-2015, 11:31 AM
Happy to see Parker shooting some threes... I've been wanting him to do that all year. He has proven in the last 3 seasons he can hit that shot at a good percentage, so there's no reason he shouldn't be shooting just a few more than his career average of 1.4 attempts per game. I'm not suggesting he turn onto that type of player exclusively, but if he averaged 3+ attempts per game, I think it would open up/unclutter the driving lanes for both him and for the other Spurs on the floor with him...

cjw
12-20-2015, 12:18 AM
Kawhi being the go-to FT shooter down the stretch. He wants the ball and knows he'll make at least 4 out of 5.

Agloco
12-20-2015, 09:55 AM
Execution wasn't great. Shot making was though.

Proxy
12-20-2015, 06:12 PM
Remember when people were freaking out about the Bulls game.... compare that to this LAC game. We knew the team was improving, but these two games give us a more concrete indicator beyond an eye-test. Good shit.

TD 21
12-20-2015, 10:59 PM
Remember when people were freaking out about the Bulls game.... compare that to this LAC game. We knew the team was improving, but these two games give us a more concrete indicator beyond an eye-test. Good shit.

The Bulls game was symptomatic of a disturbing problem for the past season plus, which is this team's inability to not only beat plus .500 teams on the road, but to play well offensively. More than predictable, the way it played out felt inevitable; as did the other losses this season.

The next one that has that feeling to it, is the Christmas day game. An unexpected performance in that game and I'd be more apt to believe they're turning a corner.

boutons_deux
12-20-2015, 11:14 PM
it was ABOVE ALL Clips shooting 28% in the 4th. If they had shot a shitty 35%, they would have won.

Ice009
12-20-2015, 11:49 PM
it was ABOVE ALL Clips shooting 28% in the 4th. It they had shot a shitty 35%, they would have won.

People kept saying to me in the game thread that a lot of the Clippers' looks were open, and that is true, but a point that I try to make sometimes is that those same open looks don't seem to fall against other elite teams. For some reason, a lot of the top teams seem to make a bunch of those shots against the Spurs and miss them against other teams. Teams just get up to play the Spurs and I think some have their best performances against us. You always get that random scrub going off against us, but then he misses all those same, open shots playing against another team. Clippers are a good offensive team though, so you can't really leave them open and expect them to miss most of their shots because they probably won't. It's more the other teams that I'm referring to.

Proxy
12-21-2015, 04:08 PM
The Bulls game was symptomatic of a disturbing problem for the past season plus, which is this team's inability to not only beat plus .500 teams on the road, but to play well offensively. More than predictable, the way it played out felt inevitable; as did the other losses this season.

The next one that has that feeling to it, is the Christmas day game. An unexpected performance in that game and I'd be more apt to believe they're turning a corner.

True, wasn't thinking about the road factor at all. I'll look forward to the Christmas game for that reason too then.

Looking to Kawhi's offensive improvements, LMA's rising comfort level, and TP's health to cure those late game offensive stuggles on the road

Thinking maybe it's a lingering problem from last year like you said, but the new variables provide a solution that the team didn't have last year... so I'm optimistic about it.

EVAY
12-21-2015, 05:32 PM
it was ABOVE ALL Clips shooting 28% in the 4th. If they had shot a shitty 35%, they would have won.

But B-D, you have to acknowledge that some of the Clipper's relatively poor shooting in the fourth was a function of the greater fatigue that their starters felt compared to our starters because our bench is as good as it is, and secondly, the possibility at least, that the H-A-J strategy threw off their shooting rhythm.