PDA

View Full Version : SPURS could go on a 17-0 streak till cavs game (Jan 13th)

TheDoctor
12-19-2015, 11:53 AM
Right now our guys have won their last 5 games and could beat their next 12 opponents rather easily as long as the defense stays elite.

1) Pacers
2) Wolves
3) Roxs
4) Nuggets
5) Wolves
6) Suns
7) Roxs
8) Bucks
9) Jazz
10) Knicks
11) Nets
12) Pistons

13) Cavs (revenge game @ HOME)

Let's do this :flag:

SpursFan86
12-19-2015, 11:58 AM
I'm not sure I'd ever say it's "rather easy" to win 12 straight games in the NBA.

boutons_deux
12-19-2015, 12:02 PM
1) Pacers
2) @Wolves

3) @Roxs
4) Nuggets B2B

5) Wolves
6) Suns
7) Roxs
8) Buck (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=29381)s
9) Jazz
10) Knicks

11) @Nets
12) PiStOns (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=1714) B2B

13) Cavs

playbonner15
12-19-2015, 12:15 PM
Pop will throw in some crazy rotations and rest some guys so dont expect to go on a very long streak.

BatManu20
12-19-2015, 12:16 PM
We'll lose at least one of those tbh. Pop will rest/sit guys on those b2b's

Mel_13
12-19-2015, 12:20 PM
I don't expect them to win them all, but the Spurs are 5-0 on the back ends of B2Bs this season. 4-1 on the front ends, with the only loss @New Orleans. Personally, the Christmas game @Houston looks like a loss.

RD2191
12-19-2015, 12:31 PM
Well not anymore, fucking jinx thread.

spursistan
12-19-2015, 12:40 PM
watch the Pacers end our home streak :cry

Kikoluna
12-19-2015, 01:15 PM
I think they win the next 12. This team is starting to look scary good.

steeledl
12-19-2015, 01:17 PM
Everybody knows the Spurs will shit the bed in typical Spurs fashion at least one of these games.... Or Pop wont play for winsies. Still we will probably go 10-2 during this stretch.

Silver&Black
12-19-2015, 01:26 PM
Not going 12-0 = Shitting the bed

God you people are so fucking retarded.

steeledl
12-19-2015, 01:39 PM
Not going 12-0 = Shitting the bed

God you people are so fucking retarded.

I didn't mean to imply that. It's okay if we lose games...... It will happen. I meant it you looked at every game in a vacuum losing to a team you are far superior to because of lazy play etc....

tbdog
12-19-2015, 01:51 PM
Do we all remember how bad we played in Toronto? Man, that was hard to watch. What about Pelicans game? This team sometimes just does not turn up and that is the difference between us and Warriors atm. I really feel we should have only had 2 loses to our name (Thunder and Bulls).

boutons_deux
12-19-2015, 01:54 PM
All 5 losses, all on the road, were winnable, not blown out, Spurs beat themselves with lack of intensity.

random21
12-19-2015, 02:26 PM
Well not anymore, fucking jinx thread.

TBH

SAGirl
12-19-2015, 02:29 PM
It is not out of the realm of possibility, but we have also lost some head-scratching games.

I am careful not to get overambitious on RS games bc I keep in mind that we are an older team that is just a tweaked ankle away from having to dig deep into our roster. For that reason Pop will continue to limit minutes and rest guys. So far our deep bench has been fantastic and gotten it done though. None if our losses can be attributed to the deep bench in any way. If anything you wonder whether in some losses one or two guys in the deep bench might have helped provide some energy.
That said we do have a better roster overall than last season.

It is possible.

Spurtacular
12-19-2015, 04:19 PM
Right now; the Spurs need to win every game because they can't afford to give the Warriors any more of a cushion on their lead.

Spurtacular
12-19-2015, 04:23 PM
watch the Pacers end our home streak :cry

Personally, the Christmas game @Houston looks like a loss.

Pacers and rockets are the two toughest ones. Also, Spurs occasionally sleep against bad teams like the game at Toronto.

ceperez
12-19-2015, 04:27 PM
Pacers and rockets are the two toughest ones. Also, Spurs occasionally sleep against bad teams like the game at Toronto.

Toronto isn't a bad team. They almost won against GSW (twice).

Spurtacular
12-19-2015, 06:08 PM
Toronto isn't a bad team. They almost won against GSW (twice).

They're mediocre to my mind. But they're not Philly or something.

ducks
12-19-2015, 06:20 PM
Rockets will be tough but Spurs may be pissed they have to play and take it out on on rockets

HarlemHeat37
12-19-2015, 06:25 PM
Very possible..this has probably been the worst NBA season in recent history, tbh, outside of the top 4 teams in the league..a ton of mediocrity and poor teams..strange coincidence that the NFL is going through the same thing this season, as well..

Indiana, Charlotte, Toronto, Boston and Chicago are in the top 10 in SRS, so far, all above average teams that are far from great:lol..

boutons_deux
12-19-2015, 06:57 PM
Very possible..this has probably been the worst NBA season in recent history

In WC, the 5,6,7 seeds are .500 or worse. Smells Like East Spirit

Kawhitstorm
12-19-2015, 07:14 PM
Very possible..this has probably been the worst NBA season in recent history, tbh, outside of the top 4 teams in the league..a ton of mediocrity and poor teams..strange coincidence that the NFL is going through the same thing this season, as well..

Indiana, Charlotte, Toronto, Boston and Chicago are in the top 10 in SRS, so far, all above average teams that are far from great:lol..

2012-13 wasn't that great either. The Lakers/Celtics/Mavs/Magic/Bulls were done being contenders & you had the Knicks being the #2 seed in the East w/ JR Smith as Melo's wingman:lmao while the Nuggets were the #3 seed in the West w/ Iggy as their best player:lol. The Pacers were still on the rise along w/ the Warriors; DeAndre hadn't emerged yet & Blake still hadn't established himself as a superstar for the Clippers; the Rockets didn't have anyone besides Harden in year 1.

GSH
12-19-2015, 07:17 PM
Spurs are 5-0 on the back ends of B2Bs this season. 4-1 on the front ends,

You mean the losses weren't on the second nights of B2B's? :lol (I sorted that spreadsheet and missed one of the columns. Thanks for the heads-up.)

The Raptors are potential giant-killers. If Valanciunas is back in the starting lineup, and fully functional, they aren't going to be a pushover.
Harden is still Harden, and Howard loves to come out of his mental comas against Tim.
The Pacers are 16-9 and playing good ball, and the exact same could be said about the Pistons except they are 15-9.

The Spurs are better than any of the teams on the list, but there's a reason they actually play the games. Saying that any NBA team SHOULD win 15 in a row is a stretch. I still say Spursfans are letting the Dubs record make them all crazy-like.

Kawhitstorm
12-19-2015, 07:22 PM
You mean the losses weren't on the second nights of B2B's? :lol (I sorted that spreadsheet and missed one of the columns. Thanks for the heads-up.)

The Raptors are potential giant-killers. If Valanciunas is back in the starting lineup, and fully functional, they aren't going to be a pushover.
Harden is still Harden, and Howard loves to come out of his mental comas against Tim.
The Pacers are 16-9 and playing good ball, and the exact same could be said about the Pistons except they are 15-9.

The Spurs are better than any of the teams on the list, but there's a reason they actually play the games. Saying that any NBA team SHOULD win 15 in a row is a stretch. I still say Spursfans are letting the Dubs record make them all crazy-like.

Kawhi/Danny need to be at their best defensively: Paul George, Wiggins 2X, Harden 2X, DeRozan, Lowry, Reggie Jackson, Gallo, Bledsoe, Giannis, Hayward, Melo.

spursistan
12-19-2015, 07:59 PM
2012-13 wasn't that great either. The Lakers/Celtics/Mavs/Magic/Bulls were done being contenders & you had the Knicks being the #2 seed in the East w/ JR Smith as Melo's wingman:lmao while the Nuggets were the #3 seed in the West w/ Iggy as their best player:lol. The Pacers were still on the rise along w/ the Warriors; DeAndre hadn't emerged yet & Blake still hadn't established himself as a superstar for the Clippers; the Rockets didn't have anyone besides Harden in year 1.
yep 2013 is one of the softest NBA years in terms of elite/contender teams..no wonder these long +20 game winning streaks happen in such seasons as Miami did back then..

UNT Eagles 2016
12-19-2015, 10:04 PM
They'll lose the road game in Houston and another road game too

100%duncan
12-19-2015, 11:22 PM
Its gonna suck but we are gonna lose in christmas. I hope not but we know its coming.

DMC
12-20-2015, 01:59 AM
Right now our guys have won their last 5 games and could beat their next 12 opponents rather easily as long as the defense stays elite.

1) Pacers W
2) Wolves W
3) Roxs L
4) Nuggets W
5) Wolves W
6) Suns W
7) Roxs W
8) Bucks L
9) Jazz W
10) Knicks W
11) Nets W
12) Pistons L

13) Cavs (revenge game @ HOME)

Let's do this :flag:

BanditHiro
12-20-2015, 02:45 AM
34 game win streak tbh.

cutewizard
12-20-2015, 04:44 AM
Go Spursssssssssssssssssssss go

Robz4000
12-20-2015, 05:21 AM
They'll lose 3-4 games in this stretch imo; at the very least Pop will tank two of them and they're likely to sleepwalk a few others.

bic50
12-20-2015, 10:53 AM
They'll lose 3-4 games in this stretch imo; at the very least Pop will tank two of them and they're likely to sleepwalk a few others.

I hope pop doesn't do that tbh.

Russo21
12-20-2015, 10:58 AM
Sounds good to me OP!

LoneStarState'sPride
12-20-2015, 12:54 PM
I don't expect them to win them all, but the Spurs are 5-0 on the back ends of B2Bs this season. 4-1 on the front ends, with the only loss @New Orleans. Personally, the Christmas game @Houston looks like a loss.

Yup, those fucks always get geeked up to play us, and honestly we have a history of not showing up on Christmas Day games even when we have good teams (the 2014 title team got blown the fuck out at home by houston on Christmas day 2013, if I recall correctly).

TheDoctor
12-20-2015, 02:18 PM
Right now; the Spurs need to win every game because they can't afford to give the Warriors any more of a cushion on their lead.
Actually, the Spurs need to win as much as possible to put a bigger cushion over the 3rd seed in West/1st seed on East.

If the Worriers slip some during that span and we somehow grab the 1st seed its all gravy.

Spurtacular
12-20-2015, 06:14 PM
Actually, the Spurs need to win as much as possible to put a bigger cushion over the 3rd seed in West/1st seed on East.

If the Worriers slip some during that span and we somehow grab the 1st seed its all gravy.

I haven't conceded that we don't have a great shot at the 1 seed at this point. The Warriors could start to show cracks. It's too early to say.

urunobili
12-21-2015, 01:16 AM
Pacers and Rockettes are L's

100%duncan
12-21-2015, 02:41 AM

Pacers have looked bad. They got beaten by memphis

Kawhitstorm
12-21-2015, 04:07 AM

They got two Spurs killers in Monta/Harden which is why I stated Kawhi/Danny got their hands full defensively.

Fireball
12-21-2015, 05:08 AM
Monta is being played off the ball to often to be a threat to the Spurs any longer ... Pacers are good, but its a home game with two days rest ... the Spurs will win this one

the Rockets are not playing consistent, but as others have said ... its Christmas ... its a road game ... if the Rockets catch fire from three the Spurs will lose the game (hack a Howard or not)

TheDoctor
12-21-2015, 09:13 AM
ON Record:

If the Spurs don't win convincingly (10+pts victory) on Xmas day, I won't post anything for a week.

hater
12-21-2015, 09:17 AM
Spurs could also Los next two games.

Silly thread imo

TheDoctor
12-21-2015, 09:22 AM
Spurs could also Los next two games.

Silly thread imo

Take of the century tbh.

FromWayDowntown
12-21-2015, 09:30 AM

See TheDoctor's take; I agree.

The bigger issue is that the Spurs are 4 clear of OKC in the loss column and 7 clear of everyone else. Building THAT cushion is the crucial thing. It's not the end of the world if the Spurs don't get the #1 seed, but it would be much worse if they allowed the pack to catch them and couldn't keep themselves in the 2-3 slots.

hater
12-21-2015, 11:51 AM
Take of the century tbh.

Thread of the Century :rolleyes

BillMc
12-21-2015, 11:57 AM
See TheDoctor's take; I agree.

The bigger issue is that the Spurs are 4 clear of OKC in the loss column and 7 clear of everyone else. Building THAT cushion is the crucial thing. It's not the end of the world if the Spurs don't get the #1 seed, but it would be much worse if they allowed the pack to catch them and couldn't keep themselves in the 2-3 slots.

This. I'm more concerned about keeping ahead of OKC than catching the Warriors.

Fireball
12-21-2015, 12:00 PM
yup ... tonight's Clippers/OKC game is another win win for us although a Clippers win would be preferred

hater
12-21-2015, 12:01 PM
I doubt Pop is worried about seedings tbh. He is busy trying to get this new team to gel. It stil hasn't happened thus why we will lose a number of games. But Pop is right. Getting this team to gel is >>>>>> any sedings

TheDoctor
12-21-2015, 12:26 PM
I doubt Pop is worried about seedings tbh. He is busy trying to get this new team to gel. It stil hasn't happened thus why we will lose a number of games. But Pop is right. Getting this team to gel is >>>>>> any sedings

Who's talking about Pop? The purpose of this thread was to be happy about our team's possibility of doing REALLY good in the upcoming games. Not to discuss seedings.

hater
12-21-2015, 01:21 PM
Who's talking about Pop? The purpose of this thread was to be happy about our team's possibility of doing REALLY good in the upcoming games. Not to discuss seedings.

It's all related tbqh. This team goes as Pop says. So if Pop don't care about seeding then it will reflect in our upcoming record

Mel_13
12-21-2015, 05:46 PM
Yup, those fucks always get geeked up to play us, and honestly we have a history of not showing up on Christmas Day games even when we have good teams (the 2014 title team got blown the fuck out at home by houston on Christmas day 2013, if I recall correctly).

All of that plus the schedule. On a normal Tues-Thurs road trip, the Spurs either leave right after the game to travel to the next city or they stay overnight and travel the next morning. With the holiday, I wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs leave right after the game and come back to San Antonio to spend Christmas Eve with their families before traveling to Houston later Wednesday night. The Christmas game is also the front end of a road/home B2B with Denver waiting in San Antonio on three days rest. So it also wouldn't be a surprise if Pop leaves Tim and Manu in San Antonio. It would hardly be the first time he's rested players for a national TV game.

TD 21
12-21-2015, 06:25 PM
All of that plus the schedule. On a normal Tues-Thurs road trip, the Spurs either leave right after the game to travel to the next city or they stay overnight and travel the next morning. With the holiday, I wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs leave right after the game and come back to San Antonio to spend Christmas Eve with their families before traveling to Houston later Wednesday night. The Christmas game is also the front end of a road/home B2B with Denver waiting in San Antonio on three days rest. So it also wouldn't be a surprise if Pop leaves Tim and Manu in San Antonio. It would hardly be the first time he's rested players for a national TV game.

Yeah, but this isn't a typical national TV game. This is a showcase event for the league; probably the biggest regular season date on the schedule. Sure, Pop more than likely doesn't care, but I suspect he'll respect that, which is why I think Duncan and Ginobili not even making the flight for the Timberwolves game is more likely.

spursistan
12-21-2015, 06:40 PM
Spurs have been rested the past week or so..i suspect Pop will only sit TD and maybe Manu the Wolves game at home on the 2nd night of B2B..

Mel_13
12-21-2015, 07:29 PM
Yeah, but this isn't a typical national TV game. This is a showcase event for the league; probably the biggest regular season date on the schedule. Sure, Pop more than likely doesn't care, but I suspect he'll respect that, which is why I think Duncan and Ginobili not even making the flight for the Timberwolves game is more likely.

Could be. The schedule has been very favorable to this point in the season. I'd agree that it's more likely that everyone plays on Christmas, but resting Tim and Manu won't be a surprise.

DMC
12-25-2015, 10:35 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255428&p=8330904&viewfull=1#post8330904

TheDoctor
12-25-2015, 10:45 PM
ON Record:

If the Spurs don't win convincingly (10+pts victory) on Xmas day, I won't post anything for a week.

^ Bye.

UNT Eagles 2016
12-26-2015, 01:49 AM
Welp

MAxEric
12-26-2015, 02:47 AM
Fuck you!!!
dont make this stupid thread anymore!!!

Kawhitstorm
12-26-2015, 03:07 AM
Fuck you!!!
dont make this stupid thread anymore!!!

All will be forgotten when the Spurs beat the Warriors exactly one month to the day.