PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi vs Luc Mbah a Moute

DMC
12-20-2015, 02:12 PM
http://www.clipsnation.com/2015/12/19/10625750/film-room-battle-between-luc-mbah-a-moute-and-kawhi-leonard-clippers-spurs

cjw
12-20-2015, 02:20 PM
It's a shame Mbah a Moute bounced around the league after his years in Milwaukee, with crap franchises at that. He's a career 30% three point shooter, but if that could have been harnessed into 35%+ like he's reached a few years, he'd be much more playable. Kind of what Aminu's done this year in Portland.

Defensively, he's always been sound but a total void offensively. If he can develop that three pointer at age 29, he's the perfect fifth guy for that Clippers starting lineup. Without that, you can sag off him too much and with Deandre in there, creates spacing problems.

FkLA
12-20-2015, 02:22 PM
Mbah a Moute's length did bother Kawhi. Even the shots he made were well contested tbh.

bic50
12-20-2015, 02:39 PM
He did a good job defensively

ceperez
12-20-2015, 02:44 PM
Too bad, he was picked up for the vet. minimum. However I think Butler was the better deal. Mbah a Moute will be exposed come playoff time.

SPURt
12-20-2015, 03:10 PM
LMAM was a surprise in that Clips game. He's the best 3 I can remember the Clips starting with CP3 and Blake. If he is making threes the Clips are tough to beat. I'm sure Doc is still searching for a good trade to upgrade that position, LMAM would be an awesome backup.

ILoveOranges
12-20-2015, 03:24 PM
Great post - honestly I always wondered why the Spurs didn't run Kawhi through more screens, both to get him easier looks and to wear down his defender, but I assume it's to keep Kawhi's energy up through the game. There's some motion for him, but generally there's no real scrambling, no sprinting like there is with Manu, Patty, or Green.

There's some good clips in here, and while Leonard is the league's most accurate 3 point shooter, I'd like to see more of him setting screens and rolling hard to the basket. There's so much variation and the Spurs offense gets the ball to him in so many spots that it's hard to fault anything, especially given that Pop likely doesn't want Kawhi spending all his energy running around on offense. With the Spurs calling on him to bail out on isos with the shot clock running down, I imagine that's getting him experience for game closing situations. Moute did a fantastic job defending Leonard this game, and we saw Leonard give up the ball a number of times after Moute cut off his drives, but from the clips you can see how much room there is for Kawhi to get better.

I'd love if Kawhi spent some time working with and absorbing some of Patty's lightning-quick runs around the world or Diaw's buttery-smooth jelly rolls; those two are constantly moving with and without the ball and constantly a threat not just with their accurate shooting from anywhere on the court, but with their great passing. The big difference for me is how Patty and Diaw constantly run with the ball and either shoot it immediately, or drive and try to get to the basket. We know Leonard can shoot the mid-range, so I'd like to see the next step in his evolution.

KL2
12-20-2015, 03:35 PM
Rivers did a great job against Leonard, he had Moute on him in the 1st half, then Johnson on him in the 2nd half, I think Stephenson saw some mins against him too, all of them had fresh legs. On the defensive end Leonard was forced to constantly chase Redick around numerous screens like last year, it's very tiring. Pop needs to stop acting like a retard and just put Green on Redick.

There's only so much you can do on defense when a guy is getting ran through so many screens, a shooter with a quick release like Redick is going to get off those shots regardless.

TheGreatYacht
12-20-2015, 04:31 PM
Mbah a Barnes

ILoveOranges
12-20-2015, 04:39 PM
Rivers did a great job against Leonard, he had Moute on him in the 1st half, then Johnson on him in the 2nd half, I think Stephenson saw some mins against him too, all of them had fresh legs. On the defensive end Leonard was forced to constantly chase Redick around numerous screens like last year, it's very tiring. Pop needs to stop acting like a retard and just put Green on Redick.

There's only so much you can do on defense when a guy is getting ran through so many screens, a shooter with a quick release like Redick is going to get off those shots regardless.

I don't think Pop "needs" to do anything you're suggesting, nor do I think he's "acting like a retard." In fact I think the best coach in the league has several goals beyond whatever some armchair fanboy has in mind. Redick, Paul, and Griffin all saw multiple defenders, and Leonard was on all three of them at different parts of the game, and Green and Mills were the primary defenders for Redick during the Clippers game, so I'm not sure what game you were watching. If anything, I'd imagine Pop wants everyone to be comfortable switching and defending pick-and-rolls against great shooters, so he'd absolutely want to give Leonard burn against Redick for the inevitable Golden State matchup.

exstatic
12-20-2015, 04:55 PM

Pop put Green on Reddick. He promptly got lost, and Reddick dropped a wide open three bomb. Danny is really a much better on ball defender than player chaser.

DMC
12-20-2015, 06:34 PM
Mbah a Barnes
That must have sounded cuter to you in your head than it appeared in type.

bic50
12-20-2015, 06:35 PM

:lol

TheGreatYacht
12-20-2015, 06:51 PM
Cuter? Keep that faggot shit downstairs

Kool Bob Love
12-20-2015, 06:58 PM

Keep that lame shit downstairs grandpa.

SPURt
12-20-2015, 07:27 PM
Haha!

SPURt
12-20-2015, 07:28 PM
Do you and TGY touch wieners tip to tip?

RD2191
12-20-2015, 07:31 PM
:lmao

wildbill2u
12-20-2015, 07:32 PM
Pop put Green on Reddick. He promptly got lost, and Reddick dropped a wide open three bomb. Danny is really a much better on ball defender than player chaser.True that. Unlike Patty, who'll fight and claw to get through the pick, Green just seems to give up when his man goes behind a screen or on a pick. He'll trail and maybe try to come from behind at times. I don't think he likes contact.

By the way, I think I'm seeing Parker fighting through screens more this year.

bic50
12-20-2015, 08:16 PM

:lmao

Obstructed_View
12-20-2015, 08:28 PM
I love this matchup, mainly because Jeff Van Gundy has to try to pronounce his name. Usually he calls him "Mah Boutay", which is hilarious to hear a little white man say.

Kool Bob Love
12-20-2015, 08:42 PM

Keep your fetish to yourself clown.

DMC
12-20-2015, 10:48 PM

Cuter? Keep that faggot shit downstairs

Shut up faggots

100%duncan
12-20-2015, 11:38 PM

D bullying niggas

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-21-2015, 03:59 AM
Meh this type of player is no longer playable in 2015. He can have a nice defensive showing from time to time but this hardly help the team as it presents other issues - for example Pop made a great adjustment putting Patty next to Parker in the 4th in order to chase Reddick and he got away with it because of Mbah a Moute, when otherwise a Parker-Patty combo would be a net negative.

Clippers will look to trade for a 3, that's for sure. Mbah a Moute is not the solution against the Spurs or GS. Doc should do his best to make Pierce buy some minutes at the 4 come playoff time, but he looks done.

DJR210
12-21-2015, 04:29 AM
Nice read

Spurtacular
12-21-2015, 04:49 AM
Kawhi looked like he was having Matt Barnes flashbacks out there.

SpurPadre
12-21-2015, 04:53 AM
The Kawhi vs PG-13 match up is much more interesting.

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-21-2015, 10:22 AM
He'll be treated like Tony Allen in the playoffs. Seriously, what is the point in trying to revive Luc's career instead of playing Stephenson or Pierce or Wes? Luc's not going to do shit in the long run, so might as well only play him 10-15 mpg. I know Lance is dogshit, but what's the point of trading for him if you're going to give up on him after a month?

Mel_13
12-21-2015, 10:40 AM
He'll be treated like Tony Allen in the playoffs. Seriously, what is the point in trying to revive Luc's career instead of playing Stephenson or Pierce or Wes? Luc's not going to do shit in the long run, so might as well only play him 10-15 mpg. I know Lance is dogshit, but what's the point of trading for him if you're going to give up on him after a month?

Doc the GM has done no favors for Doc the HC. This is a GM who traded for his own scrub of a son and then handed over 6M in guaranteed money to keep him on the payroll. I know there are folks that think Doc is an upper tier coach, but there's no case to be made for his performance as a GM.

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-21-2015, 01:28 PM
Doc the GM has done no favors for Doc the HC. This is a GM who traded for his own scrub of a son and then handed over 6M in guaranteed money to keep him on the payroll. I know there are folks that think Doc is an upper tier coach, but there's no case to be made for his performance as a GM.

Not only are his transactions ridiculous, but it's his philosophy that really gets me. One moment that sticks out to me is the Jared Dudley trade to Milwaukee. Doc made Dudley play through a fractured knee, and then stated the team traded him because he wasn't recovering from injuries properly. http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12316338/jared-dudley-milwaukee-bucks-says-played-knee-fracture-last-year-los-angeles-clippers

Mel_13
12-21-2015, 01:37 PM
Not only are his transactions ridiculous, but it's his philosophy that really gets me. One moment that sticks out to me is the Jared Dudley trade to Milwaukee. Doc made Dudley play through a fractured knee, and then stated the team traded him because he wasn't recovering from injuries properly. http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12316338/jared-dudley-milwaukee-bucks-says-played-knee-fracture-last-year-los-angeles-clippers

:lol

Had to use a first round pick to salary dump a guy making 48% of his 3s for just about the same money Doc is paying for Paul Pierce's corpse.

TheDoctor
12-21-2015, 01:59 PM

LMAO!