PDA

View Full Version : What penalty would you give Odell Beckham Jr.?

Fabbs
12-21-2015, 01:07 AM
About :26 in.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14408956/josh-norman-carolina-panthers-rips-odell-beckham-jr-says-new-york-giants-receiver-field

Helmet to helmet, premeditated with a 10 yard running head start.

Out for the year.
Yep.

Even at that it's only two meaningless games for the non playoff Giants.
You could seriously hurt somebody with that headshot.

If you find a better link that has the helmet play only, please post.

ducks
12-21-2015, 01:18 AM
5 games

UNT Eagles 2016
12-21-2015, 01:41 AM
1. Suspend him for the playoffs
2. The Giants make it to the Super Bowl anyway
3. The Giants sign David Tyree and Mario Manningham
4. ??????????????????
5. Profit

Robz4000
12-21-2015, 02:16 AM
Banned for life imvho.

slick'81
12-21-2015, 02:58 AM
Despite the fact he was punched first on two of those plays id say the last two games plus a fine

hehateme
12-21-2015, 03:08 AM
Two games and a fine...if they let Burfict slide with his almost every week shenanigans than Beckham gets a pass as well.

Avante
12-21-2015, 06:08 AM
He's out for the rest of the season.

Curious what that ridiculous behavior will do to his marketing.

Way too much hype early on for this guy and ya can tell he has no cliue how to act.

Fabbs
12-21-2015, 10:05 AM
Two games and a fine...if they let Burfict slide with his almost every week shenanigans than Beckham gets a pass as well.
So when does the cheapshotting end?

JMarkJohns
12-21-2015, 10:51 AM
I'm good with a game and heavy fine with a heavy fine also for Norman, who was no innocent bystander. Didn't deserve the spearing. But he was a horses ass all game and probably should have been thrown out for his antics as well.

Mal
12-21-2015, 11:15 AM
1 game ? You kiddin me ? He should be banned 5 to be an example for rest headcase "stars" with mental problems when rival owns your ass. Full speed targeting the head with intension to hurt the guy.

JMarkJohns
12-21-2015, 11:20 AM
First suspension-worthy offense. Norman finished the game.

Can't suspend the guy acting like he ended Norman's season.

Send a game/paycheck message and let him know next time will be 3 minimum.

Merriweather treatment.

Fabbs
12-21-2015, 11:33 AM

Except that "next time" perhaps the full spead helmet spear jacks up opponents neck and possibly career.

NFLs protection of players is a joke.
What penalty would Beckham get if he did that to Brady?

hehateme
12-21-2015, 12:26 PM
So when does the cheapshotting end?

It won't end anytime soon.

JMarkJohns
12-21-2015, 12:28 PM
He didn't do it to Brady. I don't deal in what ifs. He did it to a punk ass DB who body slammed him on the fifth play of the game, who was handsy and excessively physical all game long, and who got up from the contact and finished the game.

I can see two. But he's never done anything like that prior, so I doubt it's something he'll do again. But the NFL needs to fine each the same amount for their antics. Norman was a bitch all game long. Each needs to feel the financial hurt. Then suspend ODB for a game for his Spearing.

Fabbs
12-21-2015, 12:50 PM
He didn't do it to Brady. I don't deal in what ifs. He did it to a punk ass DB who body slammed him on the fifth play of the game, who was handsy and excessively physical all game long, and who got up from the contact and finished the game.

I can see two. But he's never done anything like that prior, so I doubt it's something he'll do again. But the NFL needs to fine each the same amount for their antics. Norman was a bitch all game long. Each needs to feel the financial hurt. Then suspend ODB for a game for his Spearing.
So you're acknowledging Beckham might do it again.

Here is where the NFL should have and still can set a precident on helmet to helmet spearing here and now. That Beckam did a 10-12 yard running start and blindsided Norman, up the fine.
I dunno if they wanna have levels of spearing. :lol But that was certainly up there.

Sucks for whoever would be the 1st NFL player to get a real penalty for spearing, but make it 5 games or something so it cuts it down cheapshot spearing 99%.

Agree that Norman was pulling stuff too. But spearing crosses into a whole nother offense.

Mal
12-21-2015, 01:14 PM
First suspension-worthy offense. Norman finished the game.

Can't suspend the guy acting like he ended Norman's season.

Merriweather treatment.

How does "he fails to truly hurt the guy" work in Beckham defense ?

JMarkJohns
12-21-2015, 03:04 PM
How does "he fails to truly hurt the guy" work in Beckham defense ?

Often times the outcome and not the action is punished. Since Norman finished the game and proceeded to bitch and moan and paint himself the martyr after the game, clearly his still his old, attention-whoring self.

JMarkJohns
12-21-2015, 05:41 PM
Looks like I win.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-21-2015, 06:03 PM
Looks like I win.

Get out of here clown. Beckham eye-gouged, targeted and blatantly tried to take him out. He also punched Finnegan in the face on two separete occasions. You don't get fined or suspended for being "annoying", "physical" or a "punk ass". You sound salty as shit.

Avante
12-21-2015, 06:11 PM
The question was...what would "you" do. He's lucky I'm not in charge, if I was..see ya for 2015.

A self centered punk is what this guy is and I had a feeling he was.

JMarkJohns
12-21-2015, 07:45 PM
Get out of here clown. Beckham eye-gouged, targeted and blatantly tried to take him out. He also punched Finnegan in the face on two separete occasions. You don't get fined or suspended for being "annoying", "physical" or a "punk ass". You sound salty as shit.

You're last sentence is hilarious.

Silver&Black
12-21-2015, 08:56 PM
Banned for life imvho.

bigzak25
12-21-2015, 10:31 PM
If Skins beat the Eagles, I don't give a shit. However, if the Redskins lose, I want him playing in that last game vs Philly...lol. but yeah, he a bitch ass nigga alright...

LakerHater
12-22-2015, 12:32 AM
1 game is good

DJR210
12-22-2015, 03:02 AM
:lol just saw the clips

O'Dell is a fucking little bitch, no denying that now.. That knee Norman delivered after the cheap shot was great.

MultiTroll
12-22-2015, 09:34 AM
If Skins beat the Eagles, I don't give a shit. However, if the Redskins lose, I want him playing in that last game vs Philly...lol. but yeah, he a bitch ass nigga alright...
Heavy concern for player safety. :rolleyes

SpursforSix
12-22-2015, 03:07 PM
I'd spank his tight little black bottom.

UNT Eagles 2016
12-22-2015, 03:17 PM
He'll probably win his appeal like Suh last year

SpursforSix
12-22-2015, 03:39 PM
He'll probably win his appeal like Suh last year

no way Jose

Raven
12-22-2015, 05:40 PM
One game is fine, let monkeys be monkeys.

bigzak25
12-22-2015, 07:20 PM
Heavy concern for player safety. :rolleyes

Dude, you want me to be outraged or something? He should have been ejected after that hit. But his antics are the only thing that kept the game interesting for 3 qtrs...and fox replayed the shit out of it. This is such unacceptable behavior! Now lets watch it again and again from different angles!

And I got my wish...out vs minny and playing vs the eagles. ..

UNT Eagles 2016
12-24-2015, 12:33 AM
Dude, you want me to be outraged or something? He should have been ejected after that hit. But his antics are the only thing that kept the game interesting for 3 qtrs...and fox replayed the shit out of it. This is such unacceptable behavior! Now lets watch it again and again from different angles!

And I got my wish...out vs minny and playing vs the eagles. ..
Eagles win because they're at home (best fans in the NFL), Giants win because Eli and pass rush has a field day against Bridgewater and the Vikings' shitty o-line.

JMarkJohns
12-24-2015, 12:52 PM
Called the fine for Norman, too...

On fucking point.

Arcadian
12-24-2015, 09:26 PM
Death by beheading

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-25-2015, 10:41 AM
The suspension is fine with me, tbh.. but during the game I was going off... that helmet to helmet threw me over the edge. He was out of control. I know Norman and Finnegan are two big-time trash talkers, but he was swinging on them literally every play. It was a disgrace.