coachmac87
12-21-2015, 05:55 PM
http://youtu.be/tX4ZKgQywOs

Mel_13
12-21-2015, 06:00 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255430&p=8331086#post8331086

tbdog
12-21-2015, 06:08 PM
The most productive defensive lineup is the starting lineup but Anderson instead of Leonard. That is weird. Obviously very small time to evaluate. But wtf is with green with a -7?

coachmac87
12-21-2015, 06:15 PM
Fuck my bad

SAGirl
12-21-2015, 06:26 PM
Anderson lineup is obviously a small sample but he's been very good defensively and has good instincts on when to help and recover to his guy. He's been the main reason why there has not been a huge dropoff when Kawhi has been sick and when he's rested. Offensively he is another story, but he's been very good defensively.

Danny has been worse than the options that sub for him. Obviously Manu, but Simmons too. Danny has not only slumped offensively, but defensively he's lost track of his man over-helping and not recovering in time and he just hasn't been as focused or consistent on the defensive end.

He was benched in a few games (Lakers, ATL, Raptors) where Simmons came in with better energy.

Danny has been our worst rotation player unfortunately.

Spurtacular
12-21-2015, 06:46 PM
Anderson lineup is obviously a small sample but he's been very good defensively and has good instincts on when to help and recover to his guy. He's been the main reason why there has not been a huge dropoff when Kawhi has been sick and when he's rested. Offensively he is another story, but he's been very good defensively.

Danny has been worse than the options that sub for him. Obviously Manu, but Simmons too. Danny has not only slumped offensively, but defensively he's lost track of his man over-helping and not recovering in time and he just hasn't been as focused or consistent on the defensive end.

He was benched in a few games (Lakers, ATL, Raptors) where Simmons came in with better energy.

Danny has been our worst rotation player unfortunately.

Maybe, the Spurs should start Anderson over Green.

SAGirl
12-21-2015, 07:44 PM
Maybe, the Spurs should start Anderson over Green.
I think the better fit is Simmons bc he can provide some of what Green does. He's athletic with quicker feet and capable of sticking with smaller, faster guys.

He doesn't space the floor like Green, but he can cut to the basket nicely and hit the corner 3.

He's also a nice fit with Kawhi, since Kawhi steals can end in transition dunks for Simmons. Overall he fits better than Anderson if you wanted to bench Danny. Pop has also gone that way in all 3 games I pointed out above, so I guess we have seen Pop's inclinations. (Kyle is just a better Kawhi facsimile than Simmons, if Kawhi is sick bc of his length, size, rebounding, and how he's able to help and recover, something Kawhi is a master at).

I am not a proponent overall of benching Danny though, bc he hasn't been better with the bench than he has been with the starters, and I think Danny does better with a more set and structure offense, than the chaotic bench style, which does not rely on Manu to slash as much as it used to. Currently, all 3 perimeter players dribble, screen for each other, and drive. Manu actually finishes a lot of plays started by others, either cutting to the basket or spotting up for a 3. Danny is not a better fit with the bench than either Simmons or Anderson, who are both better passers, and ballhandlers than Danny.

At this point, I would keep Danny with the starters and hope he snaps out of it. Give minutes to Simmons if Danny's sucking, and keep Anderson with the bench. It would cause Danny's minutes to dwindle but the bench would keep their guys and their style.

Kawhitstorm
12-21-2015, 07:56 PM
The most productive defensive lineup is the starting lineup but Anderson instead of Leonard. That is weird. Obviously very small time to evaluate. But wtf is with green with a -7?

The starting lineup sucked to start the season & Danny was the main culprit.

Kawhitstorm
12-21-2015, 08:01 PM
At this point, I would keep Danny with the starters and hope he snaps out of it. Give minutes to Simmons if Danny's sucking, and keep Anderson with the bench. It would cause Danny's minutes to dwindle but the bench would keep their guys and their style.

As long as Danny isn't driving & throwing up his ugly floater or trying to kick out the ball aka turn it over he should be fine. His shot is coming around & he has cut back on his kamikaze drives (instead he has gone back to pulling up for 3 on fastbreaks & LMA has learned not to pass him the rock w/ the clock running down:lol)

SAGirl
12-21-2015, 08:38 PM
As long as Danny isn't driving & throwing up his ugly floater or trying to kick out the ball aka turn it over he should be fine. His shot is coming around & he has cut back on his kamikaze drives (instead he has gone back to pulling up for 3 on fastbreaks & LMA has learned not to pass him the rock w/ the clock running down:lol)
The question to me for Pop is why should he be doing that?
All other 4 guys in the SL are better than him throwing up a shot with the shot clock winding down.
If you wanted to point out one skill that could make Anderson noticeable better than Danny in any lineup is that he's better at putting up a desperation shot than Danny driving.
The issue is Danny should not be putting up desperation shots at all.