PDA

View Full Version : Mark my words: If the Spurs are forced to play the Thunderefs 2nd round, we will lose

UNT Eagles 2016
12-22-2015, 12:59 AM
Yeah they don't have Harden or Jackson anymore but their interior scoring is much improved and they don't turn it over as much anymore, either. They're the #1 offensive rebounding team in the NBA, and it seems the Spurs struggle mightily to keep these type of teams off the glass. And their 2 nuclear bombs are as explosive, clutch, and poised as they've ever been; lastly, they finally have a competent coach who is more than a motivator and actually calls screen plays to get Westy/Durant open.

I'm not worried about the Clippers, at all. We can beat that punky team. But OKC, on the other hand, scares me to no end. My lymph node on the left side of my neck is still swollen to this day from all that screaming in early June 2012. They still get the most outrageous benefits of the whistle the NBA has ever seen, their 2 stars look to initiate contact before they look to score, and Dirkbaka is money from pretty much anywhere. Their defense isn't great but tends to tighten it up when it matters most.

Mark my words: We can beat the Warriors and Clippers, but if we are forced to go through the absolute buzzsaw that is OKC, we aren't coming out of the West. (Signed 12/21/2015)

100%duncan
12-22-2015, 01:00 AM
:lol

dabom
12-22-2015, 01:03 AM

RD2191
12-22-2015, 01:04 AM
Refs scare me more than the players themselves. Spurs in 6 if the refs keep it clean. The NBA would love a Dubs/OKC WCF. Plus whoever wins that series is a win win for the league. Durant vs Lebron or a Finals rematch. Hope I'm wrong though.

UNT Eagles 2016
12-22-2015, 01:09 AM
Refs scare me more than the players themselves. Spurs in 6 if the refs keep it clean. The NBA would love a Dubs/OKC WCF. Plus whoever wins that series is a win win for the league. Durant vs Lebron or a Finals rematch. Hope I'm wrong though.

Exactly. The New York Giants (sans ODB next game and needing to win out AND get help) have a better chance of winning this year's Super Bowl than the refs "keeping it clean" in a SAS/OKC collision. It's too obvious who the NBA wants to win whenever these two go head to head.

Spurs aren't winning in 6 (on the OKC hornet's nest home court) unless Durant, Westy or Dirkbaka get injured. It took an absolute miracle to win it last time. If Manu clangs that 3, nobody is in there for the offensive rebound so OKC would get the rebound, free throws, win, and probably take game 7 in SA too. We'd still be in the thick of the loooooong championship drought.

100%duncan
12-22-2015, 01:11 AM
Everyone wants a Spurs GSW match-up :lol I don't know what y'all are talking about

UNT Eagles 2016
12-22-2015, 01:12 AM
Everyone wants a Spurs GSW match-up :lol I don't know what y'all are talking about
In terms of the refs the ONE thing we might have going for us that we didn't in 2012 was we do have a marketable borderline-star this time around. Last time the kid was a rookie and it was just the boring old big 3 that the NBA had hated for the last decade-plus.

SpurPadre
12-22-2015, 01:15 AM
In terms of the refs the ONE thing we might have going for us that we didn't in 2012 was we do have a marketable borderline-star this time around. Last time the kid was a rookie and it was just the boring old big 3 that the NBA had hated for the last decade-plus.

Borderline star? WTF?!

100%duncan
12-22-2015, 01:16 AM
Everyone wants to see the 2 best teams. Kawhi vs Curry. Defense vs Offense. That kind of hyped up shit

TheDoctor
12-22-2015, 01:20 AM
Meltdown thread.

dabom
12-22-2015, 01:21 AM
Meltdown thread.

And we didn't even lose to them tonight. :lmao

Spur|n|Austin
12-22-2015, 01:33 AM
Ok

SupremeGuy
12-22-2015, 01:34 AM
Meltdown thread.

And we didn't even lose to them tonight. :lmao:lol

UNT Eagles 2016
12-22-2015, 01:34 AM
And we didn't even lose to them tonight. :lmao
the OKC win at LAC pretty much locks OKC into the 3rd seed at worst... and they're currently only 4 games behind us in the L column and have the tiebreaker over us for now.

admiralsnackbar
12-22-2015, 01:37 AM
Is the "we" in the OP referring to the Thunder? If so... yes.

spurs10
12-22-2015, 01:46 AM
Is the "we" in the OP referring to the Thunder? If so... yes. Yes the "we" is the Thunderrefs! Must be..

Kawhitstorm
12-22-2015, 01:57 AM
OKC lost their previous 3 playoffs games in San Antonio in blowout fashion during Durant's MVP season.:lol It's been almost 2 years since OKC beat the Spurs in San Antonio w/ Kawhi in the line-up!:lol (They are dead-meat without home-court advantage aka ThunderRefs:lol)

Kawhitstorm
12-22-2015, 02:02 AM
the OKC win at LAC pretty much locks OKC into the 3rd seed at worst... and they're currently only 4 games behind us in the L column and have the tiebreaker over us for now.

Just hope the Spurs don't have to play the Clippers in the 1st rd yet again:lmao

SAGirl
12-22-2015, 02:03 AM
We will see, both teams have added personnel and have changed. Thunder have a new coach too, and have apparently receded defensively, so maybe I am not as scared of them. We also conquered them already so they don't scare me like they used to.

We are going to be vulnerable against their bench bigs I will give you that. The PnR is still deadly against the Spurs and this Thunder teams likes to spam it.

We also do not draw fouls at the rate their stars do, and we are lately prone to dry up from 3 pt range.

If Danny doesn't show up for this, we could be in trouble.

houston spurs fan
12-22-2015, 02:04 AM
OP is a pussy.

szkorhetz
12-22-2015, 02:12 AM
If the NBA would fuck us, the refs should have called that illegal screen what Duncan set on Fisher, before Manus amazing three in Game 6.

BillMc
12-22-2015, 02:14 AM
If we have home court, I'd guess we win in 6.

tmtcsc
12-22-2015, 02:25 AM
Spurs in 5 against OKC and that's being nice. Westbrook and his chucker BF are a one-dimensional, 2 man team. After this year, one of them will likely be traded. If OKC can get complimentary pieces in return, they'll be better for it. This movie played itself out and peaked 4 years ago.

timtonymanu
12-22-2015, 02:31 AM
Not afraid of OKC. Westbrook will get his but I'm confident KL will shut down Durant again. And that's really all you need to stop on their team. Abaka isn't even a mismatch for us anymore since we have LMA, West, Diaw to spread the floor.

SpursBig3s
12-22-2015, 02:35 AM
this thread is gay as hell OP

rasuo214
12-22-2015, 02:44 AM
How many times are you going to repeat the same shit? Stick to having stupid meltdowns in the GDT.

james evans
12-22-2015, 02:50 AM
the only thing I'm afraid of is joey crawford's bitch ass

Robz4000
12-22-2015, 04:05 AM

Spurs 4 The Win
12-22-2015, 04:10 AM
OP is quickly starting to emerge as one of the worst posters on this forum

Mnky
12-22-2015, 04:36 AM

Uriel
12-22-2015, 04:40 AM
I agree that OKC is a tough matchup (tougher than the Clippers, no doubt), but I also believe that we're much better equipped to handle them this year than in years past. Also, having home court against them in a potential Game 7 is a decided advantage.

I fear Golden State much more than OKC.

Horry Hipcheck
12-22-2015, 05:35 AM
If Manu clangs that 3, nobody is in there for the offensive rebound so OKC would get the rebound, free throws, win, and probably take game 7 in SA too. We'd still be in the thick of the loooooong championship drought.

Jesus, is this a thought you have with any regularity? That if Manu misses his 3 near the end of regulation, the Spurs might have lost Game 7 at home and never beaten Miami? Leave summer 2014 behind, man.

OKC is always a tough out because they're competitive and Durant is a streaky, one legged Curry. There's no telling how the inevitable second round series against them will go, but for all their modest changes they're still heavily reliant on Westbrook and KD. Duncan's role has changed substantially with the addition of Aldridge and his interior defense has become a huge foundation for this team's resurgent defensive stinginess. Aldridge may not be as athletic but he's a decent shot blocker and he gives OKC more to deal with than Tiago ever could.

They're no pushover. They're also not the kryptonite they used to be. Barring any major disasters between now and mid-May, they're going to be the Spurs' second round opponent. Best not to think about such things, though, since they literally don't matter right now.

Horry Hipcheck
12-22-2015, 05:37 AM
Borderline star? WTF?!

:lol borderline
:lol Top 5 player
:lol leads the team in like six statistical categories
:lol going to be in the final five for MVP candidacy

stepmonkey
12-22-2015, 05:48 AM
the OKC win at LAC pretty much locks OKC into the 3rd seed at worst...

Are you kidding me? There are over 50 games left in the season and you already have teams locking up playoff seeds. :lol

stepmonkey
12-22-2015, 05:54 AM
If Manu clangs that 3, nobody is in there for the offensive rebound so OKC would get the rebound, free throws, win, and probably take game 7 in SA too. We'd still be in the thick of the loooooong championship drought.

Yeah, and if the Spurs' had gotten that rebound in 6 they would have been champions in 2013 and we'd be looking at B2B.

ceperez
12-22-2015, 06:25 AM
OKC has a problem against the Spurs... that's Boban. ;-)

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
12-22-2015, 08:10 AM
I disagree. If the GSW have to play the Clippers, they are in the same boat we are in. The Clips hate the GSW and always go 110% against them. Clips always play playoff basketball against us. But they take it to another level when they play GS, one that is overly physical and at times dirty.

Spurs can beat OKC in the 2nd round. They just need HC advantage to do it. Mark my words, GSW will be more scarred if they have to play the Clips in the 2nd round than the Spurs will be having to play OKC. Last time the Spurs beat OKC in a series they put on the most dominating Finals appearance ever.

Diego20
12-22-2015, 10:02 AM
Just like we lost last year right?

r0drig0lac
12-22-2015, 10:19 AM
If the NBA would fuck us, the refs should have called that illegal screen what Duncan set on Fisher, before Manus amazing three in Game 6.

/thread

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-22-2015, 10:52 AM
I'd get that lymph node checked.

Seventyniner
12-22-2015, 11:19 AM
I'd get that lymph node checked.

It's too late. Whatever is in that lymph node has obviously spread to his brain.

exstatic
12-22-2015, 11:20 AM
Yeah they don't have Harden or Jackson anymore but their interior scoring is much improved and they don't turn it over as much anymore, either. They're the #1 offensive rebounding team in the NBA, and it seems the Spurs struggle mightily to keep these type of teams off the glass. And their 2 nuclear bombs are as explosive, clutch, and poised as they've ever been; lastly, they finally have a competent coach who is more than a motivator and actually calls screen plays to get Westy/Durant open.

I'm not worried about the Clippers, at all. We can beat that punky team. But OKC, on the other hand, scares me to no end. My lymph node on the left side of my neck is still swollen to this day from all that screaming in early June 2012. They still get the most outrageous benefits of the whistle the NBA has ever seen, their 2 stars look to initiate contact before they look to score, and Dirkbaka is money from pretty much anywhere. Their defense isn't great but tends to tighten it up when it matters most.

Mark my words: We can beat the Warriors and Clippers, but if we are forced to go through the absolute buzzsaw that is OKC, we aren't coming out of the West. (Signed 12/21/2015)
Dude, you need to grow a pair. They were a juggernaut in 2012, but comparing that team to this year's would be like comparing the 2010 Spurs to the 2007 squad. We still had TTM, but the rest of the roster was degraded. That's where OKC is now.

Spurs 4 The Win
12-22-2015, 12:58 PM
It's too late. Whatever is in that lymph node has obviously spread to his brain.
:lmao

UNT Eagles 2016
12-22-2015, 03:12 PM
OKC has a problem against the Spurs... that's Boban. ;-)
He won't play. But, Bonbon will. :D

UNT Eagles 2016
12-22-2015, 03:13 PM
Yeah, and if the Spurs' had gotten that rebound in 6 they would have been champions in 2013 and we'd be looking at B2B.
Don't think the Spurs would have come back with as much ooomph in 2014 if they won it in 2013. That being said, I still would have preferred to win it in 2013.

kobyz
12-22-2015, 03:21 PM
Not only their big three, We should also fear that hard nosed NZ big Adams who could shut down LMA and cause troubles, also show last weak how he better than splitter...
http://youtu.be/5scMyEWGYlc

exstatic
12-22-2015, 03:56 PM
Not only their big three, We should also fear that hard nosed NZ big Adams who could shut down LMA and cause troubles, also show last weak how he better than splitter...

Adams isn't shutting down LMA. He isn't long or athletic enough. He's pretty much just a banger.

bic50
12-22-2015, 03:59 PM
Great confidence in your team OP

SpurPadre
12-22-2015, 04:16 PM
:lol borderline
:lol Top 5 player
:lol leads the team in like six statistical categories
:lol going to be in the final five for MVP candidacy

Is he really a Spurs fan or a troll?

DrSteffo
12-22-2015, 04:46 PM
I predict that the Spurs will go to the playoffs.

Shastafarian
12-22-2015, 05:20 PM
160 IQ doesn't get you what it used to :rollin

Strategic
12-22-2015, 05:25 PM
No problem, Spurs will roll 50 dubs in a row.

spurs10
12-22-2015, 06:17 PM
If Manu clangs that 3 If my aunt had cajones she'd be my uncle.

Dingle Barry
12-22-2015, 07:02 PM
You really need to consider suicide OP.

LoneStarState'sPride
12-22-2015, 07:03 PM
Do you still check under your bed for monsters? You seem like the kind of person who'd do that, OP.

hooperflash
12-22-2015, 07:12 PM
We have Aldridge.

timtonymanu
12-22-2015, 07:15 PM
Adams isn't shutting down LMA. He isn't long or athletic enough. He's pretty much just a banger.

Overrated too

HarlemHeat37
12-22-2015, 07:16 PM
Hopefully this turns out like the OP's threads re: the Falcons, Cowboys and Giants, tbh:lol..

OKC isn't anywhere near as scary as they were in 2012..they're an average defensive team that relies way too heavily on their top 3, not to mention that they will more than likely suffer from a serious injury at some point, as they have for the past 3 years..

UNT Eagles 2016
12-22-2015, 07:47 PM
Hopefully this turns out like the OP's threads re: the Falcons, Cowboys and Giants, tbh:lol..

OKC isn't anywhere near as scary as they were in 2012..they're an average defensive team that relies way too heavily on their top 3, not to mention that they will more than likely suffer from a serious injury at some point, as they have for the past 3 years..
Giants are very much alive.

Technically the Falcons aren't eliminated either, but they're not going to make it in because there's no way Seattle will lose to the Rams at home and the Falcons need to win out and have Seattle lose both games. They can't finish higher than Minnesota, because they lost the H2H tiebreaker there.

Cowboys just had no quarterback this year. They'll be back next year with a vengeance.

urunobili
12-22-2015, 08:10 PM

Yet the didn't call the goaltend on Ibaka before that screen play that would have sealed the game...

skulls138
12-22-2015, 09:27 PM
Sounds like Tony Romo guaranteeing hes going to win the Super Bowl. Empty words. Blah blah blah blah blah.

If you believe it put some money on it. If you dont put money on it you dont believe it and youre just spewing noise pollution.

spurs10
12-22-2015, 09:41 PM
Yet the didn't call the goaltend on Ibaka before that screen play that would have sealed the game... This

gospursgojas
12-22-2015, 09:43 PM

This isn't David Sterns NBA anymore.

KaiRMD1
12-22-2015, 10:09 PM
I don't know why when the Thunder are so underwhelming. Fuckers lost to the heat in 5 in the finals for god's sake after the NBA wanted them in the finals.

UNT Eagles 2016
12-22-2015, 10:38 PM
Yet the didn't call the goaltend on Ibaka before that screen play that would have sealed the game...

Exactly. And let's not ignore the 20 or so free throws they had in the 4th quarter (they got in the penalty with like 9 minutes remaining) when we had barely any other than the Manu hack. With the Thunder down 2 the possession before the goaltend that wasn't called, Durant grabbed a defensive rebound, flopped, and the refs gift wrapped him 2 foodstamps 90 feet from the basket. 2012 game 6 was worse, but let's not act like the Spurs weren't hosed in 2014 game 6 despite the victory.

Budkin
12-22-2015, 11:04 PM
Exactly. And let's not ignore the 20 or so free throws they had in the 4th quarter (they got in the penalty with like 9 minutes remaining) when we had barely any other than the Manu hack. With the Thunder down 2 the possession before the goaltend that wasn't called, Durant grabbed a defensive rebound, flopped, and the refs gift wrapped him 2 foodstamps 90 feet from the basket. 2012 game 6 was worse, but let's not act like the Spurs weren't hosed in 2014 game 6 despite the victory.

I still can't believe we won that game. That game was like watching a train wreck in slow motion. I knew it was going to be a repeat of 2012. The only saving grace was that we had Game 7 at home. Then somehow we pulled it out.

phxspurfan
12-22-2015, 11:04 PM
Spurs would skullf*ck the Thunders.

Clippers, and Grizz, however...

UNT Eagles 2016
12-23-2015, 12:13 AM
I still can't believe we won that game. That game was like watching a train wreck in slow motion. I knew it was going to be a repeat of 2012. The only saving grace was that we had Game 7 at home. Then somehow we pulled it out.

we had game 7 at home in 2012 as well, the only difference was in 2012 we had to win both but in 2014 we had to only win one. still, the first 4 games went pretty much exactly the same in both series

UNT Eagles 2016
12-23-2015, 12:13 AM

Spurs would sweep the Jizzlies and beat the Flippers in 5.

TimDunkem
12-23-2015, 03:14 AM

Grizz? Wtf? This isn't 2010. Leave it to the casuals to still hype up the Grizzlies.

UNT Eagles 2016
12-23-2015, 03:17 AM
Grizz? Wtf? This isn't 2010. Leave it to the casuals to still hype up the Grizzlies.
Exactly. As I see it:

Grizzlies - We sweep with or without HCA

Clippers - We win in 5 with HCA, win in 6 without HCA

Thunder - We lose in 6 with HCA, lose in 5 without HCA

Warriors - We win in 6 or 7 with HCA, win in 6 without HCA

Cavaliers - We win in 5 or 6 with HCA, win in 6 without HCA

admiralsnackbar
12-23-2015, 03:33 AM
Sell your season tickets, y'all -- the oracle has spoken.

UNT Eagles 2016
12-23-2015, 08:03 AM
It's all about matchups, seriously. Durant can't be stopped and will have Leonard in foul trouble if he tries to guard him. With Westbrook, the best you can hope for is him pulling up for one of those patented 18-foot jumpers (which he makes a LOT) as opposed to him going all the way to the basket and putting everyone in foul trouble and/or setting up the dangerous 3 point shooters they have like Morrow, Waiters and even Dirkbaka now.

G-Dawgg
12-23-2015, 08:30 AM
We can beat the Thunder. We just can't let Kawhi shoot us out of a series with them. He is ok taking lots of shots right now because he is hitting an unearthly percentage. Eventually his numbers will come back to earth and he'll start shooting us out of some games. Alot like Kobe Bryant does to the Lakers. Hopefully it doesn't happen, but if it does I just hope that Popovich starts calling more plays for Aldridge in the post.. Also fuck Danny Green. If we lose to the Thunder it'll be because he is so useless on offense when he can't hit 3's. He can't throw the ball in the ocean from 2ft away when there is a defender in the vicinity or take more than 2 dribbles without being dangerously close to turning the ball over. it's like playing 4 on 5 everytime the Spurs have the ball... Danny Green blows. He's been possesed with the ghost of Matt Bonner...

kobyz
05-13-2016, 08:41 AM

http://youtu.be/5scMyEWGYlc
Me and op were the only reasonable here...

lol, mister shitty poster at it again!

NameLess Scrub
05-13-2016, 08:50 AM
Me and op were the only reasonable here...

lol, mister shitty poster at it again!

Wow.. you guys having a party here..

RD2191
05-13-2016, 09:10 AM

Why have I not been bolded yet?

Darius Bieber
05-13-2016, 11:42 AM
Why have I not been bolded yet?

My nigga.

Killakobe81
05-13-2016, 12:26 PM
OKC lost their previous 3 playoffs games in San Antonio in blowout fashion during Durant's MVP season.:lol It's been almost 2 years since OKC beat the Spurs in San Antonio w/ Kawhi in the line-up!:lol (They are dead-meat without home-court advantage aka ThunderRefs:lol)

UNT with the meltdown goods

Kstorm with the calm down bads

Killakobe81
05-13-2016, 12:29 PM

For 1 game? yes

Horse
05-13-2016, 12:33 PM
Not hard to figure with the inevitable ref rape.

spursistan
05-13-2016, 12:35 PM
this team was fools gold all along ..it didn't matter who they faced :lol....They were pretty underwhelming against elite, even decent, teams in reg season...they would have been bitchslapped by health Clippers/Cavs and even Portland might have gotten to 6-7 games and Stotts pushed Pop shit in.. Good that we probably dodged a historic massacre by Dubs in WCF..

daslicer
05-13-2016, 01:02 PM
this team was fools gold all along ..it didn't matter who they faced :lol....They were pretty underwhelming against elite, even decent, teams in reg season...they would have been bitchslapped by health Clippers/Cavs and even Portland might have gotten to 6-7 games and Stotts pushed Pop shit in.. Good that we probably dodged a historic massacre by Dubs in WCF..

It could have been '01 Lakers like proportions.

kobexxx
05-13-2016, 01:23 PM
Need to develop Aldrige further in the post

lefty
05-13-2016, 01:30 PM
:lol blaming the refs

:cry Spurm fans

phxspurfan
05-13-2016, 07:28 PM

True, at least this went 6. The way the team quit was pretty embarassing

UNT Eagles 2016
05-25-2016, 05:04 AM
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/borderlands/images/3/32/Bump.sign.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100929000040

The Millennial Messiah reigns supreme As Per Always :rollin

poop
05-25-2016, 12:28 PM
Much credit deserved for this incredibly prophetic thread...guy called it exactly

TheDoctor
05-25-2016, 12:42 PM
Much credit deserved for this incredibly prophetic thread...guy called it exactly

hater
05-25-2016, 01:36 PM
Wow props OP. :wow

Wish I read this thread earlier.... Amazing stuff

ginobilized
05-25-2016, 02:49 PM
You called it OP!

OKC is peaking at the right time and no one has them figured out yet. Donovan seems to know the opponent's offense better that the opponent. Very impressive.
So glad to see someone on the verge of taking out the Warriors and wiping the grins off their faces and the superman poses seem to have fallen away.

OKC has the pieces to really bother most teams and are finally playing with some maturity, poise and teamwork. This changes my perspective on the Spurs loss.
We were right in it, just couldn't close it strong enough......unlike the Warriors who are getting blown out.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-25-2016, 03:39 PM
Wow props OP. :wow

Wish I read this thread earlier.... Amazing stuff

You called it OP!

OKC is peaking at the right time and no one has them figured out yet. Donovan seems to know the opponent's offense better that the opponent. Very impressive.
So glad to see someone on the verge of taking out the Warriors and wiping the grins off their faces and the superman poses seem to have fallen away.

OKC has the pieces to really bother most teams and are finally playing with some maturity, poise and teamwork. This changes my perspective on the Spurs loss.
We were right in it, just couldn't close it strong enough......unlike the Warriors who are getting blown out.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:danceclub:huddle:

I love this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only thing is, Spurs lost, but hey at least we have the Cowboys! Zeke gonna run all over the NFC Least.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-25-2016, 03:44 PM
Can I get a spur for this thread? Or at least a star... preferably dark blue?

Kawhitstorm
05-25-2016, 03:46 PM
Can I get a spur for this thread? Or at least a star... preferably dark blue?

I need your prediction for Cavs/Raps & the Finals for whomever faces ThundeRefs, I'll send you 50% of my winnings.:wakeup

UNT Eagles 2016
05-25-2016, 03:47 PM
I need your prediction for Cavs/Raps & the Finals for whomever faces ThundeRefs, I'll send you 50% of my winnings.:wakeup

What winnings?

K...
05-25-2016, 03:48 PM
He won't play. But, Bonbon will. :D

Wrong,.....this is why you won't get bolded

UNT Eagles 2016
05-25-2016, 03:55 PM
Wrong,.....this is why you won't get bolded
Minor detail... honestly, would have rather seen Bonner than West, neither can rebound but Bonner at least puts his hands up on defense instead of always relinquishing the bucket and/or fouling... also, Bonner making 3's at a ~40% clip would have been much better than D-Worst's sub 25% mid range jumpers that cost us possessions all series long.

Bonner is a utility player who spreads the floor which is important against big and tall teams like OKC. While he is often a liability due to softness, the Thunderefs don't really have an offensive big that can take advantage of him. Diaw is too passive on long jumpers and West doesn't shoot outside 15 feet, and when he does shoot he usually misses.

Overall, the Spurs did worse than I originally thought. I at least figured they would try to make game 6 close ala 2012 but the team just quit, pathetic.

Kawhitstorm
05-25-2016, 04:03 PM
What winnings?

The winnings I'm going to collect after I place a bet based on your predictions :wakeup

UNT Eagles 2016
05-25-2016, 04:06 PM
The winnings I'm going to collect after I place a bet based on your predictions :wakeup

I'm going to go with (assuming Thunderefs win the WCF):::

Meat Cleavers over Canucks
Meat Cleavers over Thunderefs

Nbadan
05-25-2016, 04:21 PM
Excellent call....OP deserves props for sticking his neck out with his predication......where are all the trolls who pounced on him for it?

tholdren
05-25-2016, 04:29 PM
FAGWHI Strikes again

Nbadan
05-25-2016, 04:32 PM

Here is what others where saying...

Nbadan
05-25-2016, 04:32 PM

Nbadan
05-25-2016, 04:33 PM
Meltdown thread.

Nbadan
05-25-2016, 04:34 PM
OP is a pussy.

K...
05-25-2016, 04:35 PM
Excellent call....OP deserves props for sticking his neck out with his predication......where are all the trolls who pounced on him for it?

Having read the original post, I'm more impressed with op, but I still consider his glory bumping to be wrong. This is Mr "spurs will lose, blowout," melts down every game. The fact that be called the spurs to lose to one team is not great when he also said the spurs would lose every game they played this year. But he did call not only that okc would win, but the correct number of games, and the correct manner of victory.

houston spurs fan
05-26-2016, 12:59 AM
OP also referenced joining ISIS, the size of his dick, and cut down a fellow spurstalker for being a bus driver simply trying to earn a living for his Family. He's an insecure bitch and this site is better off with him gone. That's right NSA, he said he would consider joining ISIS.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-26-2016, 03:05 AM

A full solar eclipse over all of Texas will happen before this

UNT Eagles 2016
05-26-2016, 03:10 AM
Having read the original post, I'm more impressed with op, but I still consider his glory bumping to be wrong. This is Mr "spurs will lose, blowout," melts down every game. The fact that be called the spurs to lose to one team is not great when he also said the spurs would lose every game they played this year. But he did call not only that okc would win, but the correct number of games, and the correct manner of victory.

1. Incorrect. I don't generally think the Spurs will lose, especially in the RS to average and weak teams. I called the Spurs to sweep Memphis, granted it was an easy call after their myriad of injuries. I just knew all along we were fool's gold this year, as are the Warriors to an extent. This really opened the door for a lesser regular season team like OKC to seek and destroy.

2. I do/did melt down in the game threads about one in every three games during the regular season, generally close games and losses against teams we should have been dominating. A select few losses against good teams just made me extra angry, like the Dublets one at home on April 10th, and made it seem I was going off the deep end. But April 10th was a shitty day for me for multiple reasons, actually. I needed the ban.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-26-2016, 03:13 AM
OP also referenced joining ISIS, the size of his dick, and cut down a fellow spurstalker for being a bus driver simply trying to earn a living for his Family. He's an insecure bitch and this site is better off with him gone. That's right NSA, he said he would consider joining ISIS.

1. Every guy who's posted in the club refers to the size of their manlihood (if it's something to brag about) at some point, and it's not as if I have made it a schtick on here.

2. The whole thing with jermaine is/was a complete joke. He's a very friendly and one of the nicer non-regular gentlemen here. Everyone that knows me knows I treat the blue-collar workers that I know with extra respect.

3. I'm insecure? You're the one posting about me. Please stop being a faggot, thanks.

J_Paco
05-26-2016, 03:58 AM
Yes, because in all your infinite wisdom you knew that Duncan would become a liability on offense and his other "good" knee would deteriorate. Sure..........

The Spurs were, like many series they've lost over the last 19 seasons, one or two better "breaks" from advancing past Oklahoma City. Sadly, they were too small inside and Duncan was too old/injured for them to balance things out.

Easy to say you were "right" with hindsight being 20/20.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-26-2016, 04:58 AM
Yes, because in all your infinite wisdom you knew that Duncan would become a liability on offense and his other "good" knee would deteriorate. Sure..........

The Spurs were, like many series they've lost over the last 19 seasons, one or two better "breaks" from advancing past Oklahoma City. Sadly, they were too small inside and Duncan was too old/injured for them to balance things out.

Easy to say you were "right" with hindsight being 20/20.
You obviously don't understand the correct definition/appropriate usage of that phrase.

For instance, you would say that phrase about someone if they got 'smart' after the series was over and determined that they knew what was going to happen all along, but didn't have the balls to lay it on the line before the series happened (in my case, nearly half a year before) so they have zero evidence to back up their claim that they "knew it" before it even happened.

Millennial Messiah – W
Most of the posters in the first few pages – L

Please hold your L's like a man. Don't be a chickenshit, as Culburn would say.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-26-2016, 05:02 AM
Also, with the exception of golf and maybe a few other low-intensive sports, father time remains undefeated. It was only a matter of time before the wheels fell off and the rest of the team would have to essentially carry him to the title if he was ever going to get #6. The Clippers series was his last Tim Duncan-esque playoff series he'll ever have, but we all know that already.

J_Paco
05-26-2016, 08:07 AM
Also, with the exception of golf and maybe a few other low-intensive sports, father time remains undefeated. It was only a matter of time before the wheels fell off and the rest of the team would have to essentially carry him to the title if he was ever going to get #6. The Clippers series was his last Tim Duncan-esque playoff series he'll ever have, but we all know that already.

Blah, blah, blah......

Make certain claims all the time and eventually you'll be right. My main point is you had no idea Duncan would breakdown ( cause the father time schtick hasn't been repeated for the last 5 years) and you were on one of your usual "chicken little" ramblings.

Hindsight is a powerful thing, it'll give all the idiots of the world an opportunity to say they saw the Thunder coming. No, they didn't. No one saw Adams (to a lesser extent), Roberson, Waiters and Kanter (on defense) playing levels above their usual output and with "headiness."

Having two top 5 - 10 players, being a great "free throw team" as a former coach of their's put it and them being an elite offensive rebounding team are/were their greatest advantages.

There is a 50/50 chance for either team during most series since there are only two possible outcomes. Pointing out your poorly thought "prediction" doesn't make you a great prognosticator.

spurs1990
05-26-2016, 10:23 AM
and then you realize this Spurs team started the season with a loss at methkc and ended it in the same way.

I just can't bring myself to credit that franchise in any way. It's completely irrational but hey what's sports without hatred towards rivals.

I'll just hang my hat on three reasons the Spurs faltered:

1) refs
2) unsharpened will due to comically poor 1st round opponent
3) curse of screwing Rasual Butler

fokc

UNT Eagles 2016
05-27-2016, 06:05 PM
and then you realize this Spurs team started the season with a loss at methkc and ended it in the same way.

I just can't bring myself to credit that franchise in any way. It's completely irrational but hey what's sports without hatred towards rivals.

1) refs

fokc

that ugly guy with the sixteen-head that poop plays over someone actually athletic like simmons.

skulls138
05-27-2016, 09:31 PM
Its not hindsight if someone calls it before it happens. UNT called it plain as day. I agree though that I tire of people constantly prematurely calling for the demise of aging players. One of those calls are going to be right and theyll say, "told you so." Dont think UNT did that though, not sure.

lefty
05-27-2016, 10:15 PM

1) refs

fokc

:lmao blaming the refs

houston spurs fan
05-29-2016, 10:00 PM
1. Every guy who's posted in the club refers to the size of their manlihood (if it's something to brag about) at some point, and it's not as if I have made it a schtick on here.

2. The whole thing with jermaine is/was a complete joke. He's a very friendly and one of the nicer non-regular gentlemen here. Everyone that knows me knows I treat the blue-collar workers that I know with extra respect.

3. I'm insecure? You're the one posting about me. Please stop being a faggot, thanks.
Very insecure indeed. Referred to yourself as elitist yet didn't own a car...it's ok man, just be yourself

Sean Cagney
05-29-2016, 10:49 PM
OP hit this on the head when he called it and it was almost spot on. I hate the fact he did that but it played out like that.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-30-2016, 12:34 AM
Very insecure indeed. Referred to yourself as elitist yet didn't own a car...it's ok man, just be yourself

I have a car now. Got it for $1,300 from a friend. Just waited for the right deal, that's all.

195K miles... Passenger seat has a crack in the windshield and the passenger window doesn't roll down, but it'll pass inspection so that's okay.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-30-2016, 12:36 AM
OP hit this on the head when he called it and it was almost spot on. I hate the fact he did that but it played out like that.

Maybe I should have called the Spurs winning in 6 over Cleveland instead of this? Oh well there's always next year... gotta go with my legit gut feeling. Sorry man!

Sean Cagney
05-30-2016, 12:40 AM
Maybe I should have called the Spurs winning in 6 over Cleveland instead of this? Oh well there's always next year... gotta go with my legit gut feeling. Sorry man!
What you said was spot on and that is exactly what happened minus a minor thing here or there. You called it and in 6 games as well. I was hoping the Spurs would win but my gut said they might not make it through that series and I was right too but you predicted it months ago on a board. Too bad you didn't put money down on that.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-30-2016, 12:46 AM
What you said was spot on and that is exactly what happened minus a minor thing here or there. You called it and in 6 games as well. I was hoping the Spurs would win but my gut said they might not make it through that series and I was right too but you predicted it months ago on a board. Too bad you didn't put money down on that.
that, or watching the short bus crew (e.g. Silver&Black and Splits :lol) eat poop out of the toilet as they would have had me do if the Spurs beat the Warriors in the WCF)...

UNT Eagles 2016
05-30-2016, 12:58 AM
Looks like the OKC prediction wasn't the only thing I got right...

Exactly. As I see it:

Grizzlies - We sweep with or without HCA

Clippers - We win in 5 with HCA, win in 6 without HCA

Thunder - We lose in 6 with HCA, lose in 5 without HCA

Warriors - We win in 6 or 7 with HCA, win in 6 without HCA

Cavaliers - We win in 5 or 6 with HCA, win in 6 without HCA