PDA

View Full Version : Perfect role for Tony

Horse
12-22-2015, 01:53 PM
I'm loving this he can play more like Duncan now and only get aggressive when he needs to. Without all the running around his jumper looks great all season. If he can consistently knock down his jumper he that much more dangerous. Then add in all the rest he's sure to get in the blowouts and he'll be good to go playoff time.

TheDoctor
12-22-2015, 01:54 PM
I agree :toast

TheMulletMan3000
12-22-2015, 02:39 PM
Agree. He is great this year. Amazing comeback from last season.

SASdynasty!
12-22-2015, 03:01 PM
2014-15

49% (top 30 in the league, #4 among point guards).

2015-16

56% (#4 in the league, with no other PG, SG, or SF in the top 10, obviously best among point guards).

Good to know that all Tony has to do is shoot way better than every other point guard, shooting guard, and small forward in the league by a significant margin and we will accept him as a good "role player." Lol.

Budkin
12-22-2015, 03:47 PM
All those PORKER tweets last season paying off tbh

Snaq O'Meal
12-22-2015, 05:54 PM
I actually prefer to see Parker being more of a focal point of attack against the Clippers. Since Parker is mostly guarded by Chris Paul, it'll be great to make that whiny little flopper run through screens all night. By the 4th quarter, he'll be gassed and revert to being a choker.

EVAY
12-22-2015, 05:56 PM
I actually prefer to see Parker being more of a focal point of attack against the Clippers. Since Parker is mostly guarded by Chris Paul, it'll be great to make that whiny little flopper run through screens all night. By the 4th quarter, he'll be gassed and revert to being a choker.

He was gassed by the end of the third quarter the other night. The fact that we did a hack-a-Jordan is what made able to finish the game, imo.

EVAY
12-22-2015, 05:56 PM
2014-15

2015-16

56% (#4 in the league, with no other PG, SG, or SF in the top 10, obviously best among point guards).

Good to know that all Tony has to do is shoot way better than every other point guard, shooting guard, and small forward in the league by a significant margin and we will accept him as a good "role player." Lol.

RD2191
12-22-2015, 06:32 PM
OP is a fatass.

RD2191
12-22-2015, 06:33 PM
I'm a huge faggot.
Agreed.

100%duncan
12-22-2015, 07:57 PM
Lol a faggot cant accept parker is a role player and ruin this thread. Per par for the faggot.
SASdynasty!

8FOR!3
12-22-2015, 09:46 PM
Love the way he's playing this year. Don't mind him being aggressive when his shot is falling and he can get to the rim and he's not forcing anything.

FkLA
12-22-2015, 09:58 PM
Lol a faggot cant accept parker is a role player and ruin this thread. Per par for the faggot.
SASdynasty!

Pretty much. A thread that is praising Enrique and he still manages to fag it up.

Russo21
12-22-2015, 10:01 PM
Agreed, he is doing exactly what he needs to be doing so far. Very impressed with all 3 of the golden oldies this year :)

pgardn
12-22-2015, 10:10 PM
Parker has always been a role player, PG.
No way we would have this record with last year's Tony.
Or just bench him and see who fills in... Not happening. We would NOT be playing at the same level.

Manu+Patty lets the second team do work. Tony can now play effectively with a nonballhandler in Green and we can still get away with it. Must also mention KL being a more potent threat off the dribble helps as well.

And Parker is actually able to stay in front of his man with more consistency.

The fantastic thing is we can get better. There are still players with upside. This has been a much better start than I ever would have dreamt.

100%duncan
12-22-2015, 10:11 PM
Pretty much. A thread that is praising Enrique and he still manages to fag it up.

Tbh :lol I must praise his fagging up of threads consistency though. To you faggot SpursDynasty! :bobo

Kawhitstorm
12-22-2015, 10:17 PM
2014-15

2015-16

Post his playoffs stats & TS%

HarlemHeat37
12-22-2015, 10:21 PM
He had one of the 5-10 worst playoff series' in NBA history vs. the Clippers, last year..seems to have paid off as a reality check, though, looks like he put in some work on his body and understands his limitations..

It could have been a blessing in disguise, as it led to Aldridge, as well..

lefty20
12-22-2015, 10:34 PM
Tony playing like MVParker this season :worthy:

SpursIndonesia
12-22-2015, 10:52 PM
I like the way he operates nowadays, early in the game he establishes him self as a facilitator for KL & LMA, conserving some energy & focusing in defense. Later on, when the game dictates it, he can turn it up a notch & be more aggressive offensively, especially when his defender is more tired & opponent bigs are already saddled with fouls and perhaps the spacing has been more open with defenders pulled onto Spurs top dogs/outside shooters.

steeledl
12-22-2015, 11:16 PM
He had one of the 5-10 worst playoff series' in NBA history vs. the Clippers, last year..seems to have paid off as a reality check, though, looks like he put in some work on his body and understands his limitations..

you mean that he is healthy now and able to stay in shape, faggot?

ChumpDumper
12-22-2015, 11:23 PM
lol the krew is still trying.

Horse
12-22-2015, 11:25 PM
OP is a fatass.
Suck my fat cock bet you're better than your mom.

HarlemHeat37
12-23-2015, 12:33 AM
you mean that he is healthy now and able to stay in shape, faggot?

If he actually was "injured", it's probably because he was out of shape, tbh..Pop himself said that Tony was planning on working on his body after the Spurs were eliminated:lol..unless you think Pop is a "faggot", as well..

ILoveOranges
12-23-2015, 12:45 AM
2014-15

2015-16

"What have you done for me lately"

If I could guess, I would say some people think that only one person on a team can truly succeed; others just hold him back. Former Kobe fans?

For me, I'll always remember Parker as the kid who came into the league, got yelled at for years and almost got replaced and traded several times, and growing into the go-to guy for 2007's championship. The fact that he's adapting himself from the always attacking, always driving focal point in the offense to staying effective like Billups and Kidd did is a testament to the character the Spurs keep around.

HarlemHeat37
12-23-2015, 12:56 AM
"What have you done for me lately"

If I could guess, I would say some people think that only one person on a team can truly succeed; others just hold him back. Former Kobe fans?

For me, I'll always remember Parker as the kid who came into the league, got yelled at for years and almost got replaced and traded several times, and growing into the go-to guy for 2007's championship.The fact that he's adapting himself from the always attacking, always driving focal point in the offense to staying effective like Billups and Kidd did is a testament to the character the Spurs keep around.

https://media.giphy.com/media/FYZGhnTK3pR16/giphy.gif

lefty
12-23-2015, 01:04 PM
I agree 5th banana is a good role for him

SASdynasty!
12-23-2015, 04:07 PM
I agree 5th banana is a good role for him
Lefty logic:

Assists: #1 on team
FG%: #1 on team
PPG: #3 on team

1 + 1 + 3 = 5

Maybe that's how he got there.

SASdynasty!
12-23-2015, 04:08 PM
SASdynasty!
So nothing to say about the actual post being wrong, correct? Just name calling?

SASdynasty!
12-23-2015, 04:11 PM

Hahahahaha yah it was one of the 5-10 worst playoff series in NBA history. Lol. Where do you guys come up with this stuff? Let me guess, Mario Chalmers outplayed him in the Finals too? Oh, and we didn't win any games against OKC with Parker playing. Oh, and Lebron never guarded Parker in the 2007 Finals. Anything else you want to make up?

Kawhitstorm
12-23-2015, 04:29 PM
I like the way he operates nowadays, early in the game he establishes him self as a facilitator for KL & LMA, conserving some energy & focusing in defense. Later on, when the game dictates it, he can turn it up a notch & be more aggressive offensively, especially when his defender is more tired & opponent bigs are already saddled with fouls and perhaps the spacing has been more open with defenders pulled onto Spurs top dogs/outside shooters.

You can actually tell he's playing w/ a chip on his shoulder this season like Westbrook as opposed to being a content fat pig like Deron Williams:lol

TheGreatYacht
12-23-2015, 06:59 PM
Lefty logic:

1 + 1 + 3 = 5

lefty you my boy, but c'mon son :lol

HarlemHeat37
12-23-2015, 07:00 PM
Hahahahaha yah it was one of the 5-10 worst playoff series in NBA history. Lol. Where do you guys come up with this stuff? Let me guess, Mario Chalmers outplayed him in the Finals too? Oh, and we didn't win any games against OKC with Parker playing. Oh, and Lebron never guarded Parker in the 2007 Finals. Anything else you want to make up?

It's a pretty easy argument to make that he had one of the 5-10 worst series' in modern NBA history in regards to hurting his team, tbh..

6.5 PER, 38.6% TS, historically bad +/- numbers, etc..it would be difficult to look through playoff history and find a player with his usage playing worse..

http://oi68.tinypic.com/2m837nl.jpg

Good for the Spurs and Parker, though, as it looks like it was a reality check for a player that got fat and lazy..he deserves a lot of credit for his competitive spirit and work ethic, he didn't accept the ridicule and mockery from fans/media during the Summer being the final chapter of his NBA career..hope he keeps it up:toast

SASdynasty!
12-23-2015, 10:49 PM
It's a pretty easy argument to make that he had one of the 5-10 worst series' in modern NBA history in regards to hurting his team, tbh..

6.5 PER, 38.6% TS, historically bad +/- numbers, etc..it would be difficult to look through playoff history and find a player with his usage playing worse..

http://oi68.tinypic.com/2m837nl.jpg

Good for the Spurs and Parker, though, as it looks like it was a reality check for a player that got fat and lazy..he deserves a lot of credit for his competitive spirit and work ethic, he didn't accept the ridicule and mockery from fans/media during the Summer being the final chapter of his NBA career..hope he keeps it up:toast
Lol, why in the world would you sort it by minutes played? Hahaha is that the only way you could get Parker to #4?! He has the best BPM and best PER on that list, but you found a way to get him to #4. Pretty creative!

HarlemHeat37
12-23-2015, 10:59 PM
Lol, why in the world would you sort it by minutes played? Hahaha is that the only way you could get Parker to #4?! He has the best BPM and best PER on that list, but you found a way to get him to #4. Pretty creative!

I didn't say anything about the #4 ranking, I didn't emphasize it..I'm just showing you a list of the type of players that played as badly as Tony did in that series:lol..considering Parker is one of the few that had a ball-dominant/high-usage role on the list, it's fair to say that it would be difficult to find more than 5-10 players that had worse series' in league history..

Anyways, nothing wrong with that, it appears that he has bounced back nicely, hopefully he can sustain it later in the season..

lefty
12-24-2015, 12:44 AM
Lefty logic:

1 + 1 + 3 = 5

Nice regular season stats

houston spurs fan
12-24-2015, 09:53 AM
Parker was hurt last season in the playoffs. And, just utterly gassed after 2012-2014 marathon seasons and leading the FNT. And he was 33 years old...People need to let last year go and appreciate what he's doing this year...

urunobili
12-24-2015, 09:57 AM
Love MVParker... My only fear is where he'll be hidden on D when Westbrook and Curry are the match ups. But on O he's been great!

SASdynasty!
12-24-2015, 10:22 AM
Nice regular season stats
Oh, so you weren't talking about this season?