PDA

View Full Version : Bballbreakdown: Kawhi Leonard vs Paul George. Who is Better?

BillMc
12-22-2015, 03:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnnbHyf7h80&feature=em-subs_digest

BillMc
12-22-2015, 03:18 PM
The companion article to this video.

http://bballbreakdown.com/2015/12/pick-roll-kawhi-leonard-vs-paul-george/

2centsworth
12-22-2015, 03:45 PM
Nice

RayTdropout
12-22-2015, 04:07 PM
Kl was yesterday

bic50
12-22-2015, 04:17 PM
Reminds me of the TD vs KG debate.

Old School 44
12-22-2015, 06:12 PM
Did the Pacers actually target Kawhi during the draft? Or did they just trade the draft pick or draft Kawhi for the Spurs in exchange for George Hill?

Ice009
12-22-2015, 06:14 PM
Did the Pacers actually target Kawhi during the draft? Or did they just trade the draft pick or draft Kawhi for the Spurs in exchange for George Hill?

That's an interesting question. I wouldn't mind knowing the answer to this if anyone knows.

Seventyniner
12-22-2015, 06:16 PM

The Spurs told the Pacers to pick Kawhi. That was part of the deal.

Ice009
12-22-2015, 06:18 PM

I thought so, as they didn't really need a SF. I figured they wanted George Hill and once that deal was done, the pick was the guy the Spurs wanted.

will_spurs
12-22-2015, 06:23 PM
Summary:
- PG does more PnR (because of the Pacers system)
- Kawhi does more Spot Up (because of the Spurs system)
- both have areas where they can improve offensively
- PG has great stats on a bad team / Kawhi has slightly lower stats but on a good team
- no conclusion

100%duncan
12-22-2015, 07:13 PM
Summary:
- PG has great stats on a bad team / Kawhi has slightly lower stats but on a good team
- no conclusion

Ok so this is a bullshit video then. Thanks for saving my time

spurs10
12-22-2015, 07:36 PM
Ok so this is a bullshit video then. Thanks for saving my time Coach Nick doesn't have bullshit videos as far as I know. At least I've never seen one that wasn't informative.

100%duncan
12-22-2015, 07:44 PM
Coach Nick doesn't have bullshit videos as far as I know. At least I've never seen one that wasn't informative.

Since he didnt say who was better according to the poster i quoted its bullshit imho

Bender
12-22-2015, 09:36 PM
I think I read somewhere that PG is blaming illness on his bad night, and not Kawhi...

BillMc
12-22-2015, 09:38 PM

Coach Nick doesn't have bullshit videos as far as I know. At least I've never seen one that wasn't informative.

I thought it was pretty interesting, that's why I posted it. But, no, it doesn't answer the question it postulates.

12-22-2015, 09:40 PM
The author of that article(JH) is a known Spurs hater from twitter. He claims to be a Celtics fan but is actually a huge OKC homer.

YGWHI
12-22-2015, 09:42 PM
Summary:
- no conclusion

Since he didnt say who was better according to the poster i quoted its bullshit imho

But he already said who is better. You have to watch the video of his site, he said it's hard to choose one, but if someone puts a gun to his head, he would say Kawhi is the best player.

http://bballbreakdown.com/2015/12/pick-roll-kawhi-leonard-vs-paul-george/ (10:41)

100%duncan
12-22-2015, 10:12 PM
I thought it was pretty interesting, that's why I posted it. But, no, it doesn't answer the question it postulates.

No problem with you OP tbh. You good people :toast

BillMc
12-22-2015, 10:21 PM
No problem with you OP tbh. You good people :toast

Cheers bro!:toast

100%duncan
12-22-2015, 10:28 PM
But he already said who is better. You have to watch the video of his site, he said it's hard to choose one, but if someone puts a gun to his head, he would say Kawhi is the best player.

http://bballbreakdown.com/2015/12/pick-roll-kawhi-leonard-vs-paul-george/ (10:41)

Lol at dat JH dude and his whole argument. Good let's forget about defense all at once. What a flawed argument :lol

phxspurfan
12-22-2015, 11:02 PM
Well, one plays defense against the other team's best player and one doesn't.

SupremeGuy
12-22-2015, 11:04 PM
Anyone who saw the game yesterday knows who's better, tbh.

UNT Eagles 2016
12-23-2015, 12:32 AM
I think I read somewhere that PG is blaming illness on his bad night, and not Kawhi...

:lol what a pussy... dude got beat fair and square... needs to take the L.

Old School 44
12-23-2015, 12:37 AM
Thanks, that's what I thought. Coach Nick makes it sound as if the Pacers were already targeting Kawhi, regardless of the Spurs.

will_spurs
12-23-2015, 04:10 AM

You're welcome. The video is a good assessment of the offensive strengths and weaknesses of both players, but they don't say much we didn't know in those 7 minutes, sadly. And the article is like Skip vs Steve with a bit more stats.

gambit1990
12-23-2015, 05:56 AM

Indiana loved Kawhi Leonard. The Pacers had him about no. 5 or no. 6 on their draft board, and they thought very hard about scrapping the Hill deal and just taking a guy they never expected to be alive at no. 15. “When Kawhi ended up being there, we had to think about taking him,” Morway says. “But we already had Danny Granger and Paul George. That’s what made it a little easier for us.”
http://grantland.com/features/analyzing-kawhi-leonard-george-hill-trade-2013-conference-finals/

you won't find better basketball recaps/takes than bballbreakdown's. not anywhere else on the web, definitely not espn. if he has a video related to the spurs then it's definitely worth the watch.

100%duncan
12-23-2015, 06:11 AM
http://grantland.com/features/analyzing-kawhi-leonard-george-hill-trade-2013-conference-finals/

you won't find better basketball recaps/takes than bballbreakdown's. not anywhere else on the web, definitely not espn. if he has a video related to the spurs then it's definitely worth the watch.

I know I watch him regularly but when you post a question as your title, you fucking answer it.

Seventyniner
12-23-2015, 09:05 AM
Thanks, that's what I thought. Coach Nick makes it sound as if the Pacers were already targeting Kawhi, regardless of the Spurs.

As posted below, the Pacers very well might have taken Kawhi if they kept the pick. But in basically any draft pick trade, the team acquiring the pick tells the other team who to pick, and if the other team picks a different player the deal is off.

maverick1948
12-23-2015, 09:07 PM
I dont think they would have taken Kawhi. They traded for a point guard in George Hill. Their other need was a center to backup Hibbert. Vucevic was 16th pick in draft. Shumpert was 17th. Either could have been the pick for Pacers.

FWIW For the trade, Spurs are way ahead as Kawhi has been better than George Hill. And as a SF, Kawhi has exploded into a top 10 player as PG has been a volume shooter at 42% for his career.

HarlemHeat37
12-23-2015, 09:23 PM
:lmao Paul George destroying the Pacers tonight, tbh..back down to Earth..