PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: The science of Stephen currys shot

ambchang
12-22-2015, 06:51 PM
http://time.com/4157445/stephen-curry-effect-explained-golden-state-warriors/

Very little science involved, but another curry hype video.

Stevie Johnson
12-23-2015, 12:33 AM
You should go back to the rice fields. Be productive bro.

DMC
12-23-2015, 03:28 AM
OP post it on several forums, that's how you shut down the hype.

Killakobe81
12-23-2015, 11:36 AM
http://time.com/4157445/stephen-curry-effect-explained-golden-state-warriors/

Very little science involved, but another curry hype video.

Not sure what your issue is with this kid hype is deserved. I saw espn do a nice write up on Kiwi the other day any issues with that?

But at least your Steph issues is not like your Kobe one ...so im thankful for it. But i am waiting for the MVgreen or Steph cant win without a dominant defensive SF excuse if Dubs repeat ...

Anyways merry xmas Amb dont take this shit so seriously Spurs and Dibs both balling plenty of hoops and hype left to play out.

Killakobe81
12-23-2015, 11:38 AM
Btw i overestimated my Lakers but was right about the Spurs who you woefilly underestimated.i said those two teams Spurs and Dubs were the clear favorites followed by Cavs and everyone else. You ready to concede i was right? Sure i have to eat a Lakers will win 28 games turd sanwich ...but i was right about your Spurs

ambchang
12-23-2015, 11:58 AM
Not sure what your issue is with this kid hype is deserved. I saw espn do a nice write up on Kiwi the other day any issues with that?

But at least your Steph issues is not like your Kobe one ...so im thankful for it. But i am waiting for the MVgreen or Steph cant win without a dominant defensive SF excuse if Dubs repeat ...

Anyways merry xmas Amb dont take this shit so seriously Spurs and Dibs both balling plenty of hoops and hype left to play out.

I don't have much issue with Curry per se, I think he is a rare breed on the offensive end, which is someone who can bend entire defenses to slow him down, and forces the defense to adjust and pick your poison. I don't really think I have seen that since Shaq, or maybe prime Lebron. However, part of that has to do with the quality of teammates. I think TMac had that ability, and Kobe certainly did as well, the thing was that they didn't really have those teammates that forces the opposition to pick their poison. Which I guess is my beef, which is people are putting too much emphasis on Curry, while undermining the real reason behind it, which was a perfect compliment of players around him.

And the thing about the video, it didn't give any insights, there was nothing to it.

I don't believe Curry can win the championship on a team that doesn't have all 5 guys on the floor who can shoot, pass and dribble. Green, Thompson, AI and such are huge parts of their success. I am interested in seeing how that bench holds up this season, their bench looks pretty bad so far, and I want to see if it would improve.

Merry Christmas to you as well, I think the Warriors are the favourites this year, no question about it. But I also think the Spurs match up well with them (hope Green can really come back to old form), and has a lot of room to grow on the offensive end (I wasn't worried about the offense at the end of the season, I was worried about the defense, which tells you how little I know). The Spurs have a chance against them, but the Warriors will be a tough team to beat.

ambchang
12-23-2015, 12:01 PM
Btw i overestimated my Lakers but was right about the Spurs who you woefilly underestimated.i said those two teams Spurs and Dubs were the clear favorites followed by Cavs and everyone else. You ready to concede i was right? Sure i have to eat a Lakers will win 28 games turd sanwich ...but i was right about your Spurs

The Spurs came in MUCH better than I thought. Kawhi made another leap in his offensive game, Green regressed (we need him to guard quick PGs), and Aldridge fits in perfectly on defense, which was the real surprise to me. I thought the Spurs will be in the 4th/5th seed at this time of the year, then make a late surge to make 2nd/3rd seed, but then I didn't expect the Clippers, Grizzlies and Rockets to be this bad.

As for the Lakers, I thought you were at 35 wins, I was at 28 wins. The amazing thing is, it seems like both of us overestimated them. We will see, but seems like the lakers will end the season at around 20 to 25 wins.

Killakobe81
12-23-2015, 12:10 PM
The Spurs came in MUCH better than I thought. Kawhi made another leap in his offensive game, Green regressed (we need him to guard quick PGs), and Aldridge fits in perfectly on defense, which was the real surprise to me. I thought the Spurs will be in the 4th/5th seed at this time of the year, then make a late surge to make 2nd/3rd seed, but then I didn't expect the Clippers, Grizzlies and Rockets to be this bad.

As for the Lakers, I thought you were at 35 wins, I was at 28 wins. The amazing thing is, it seems like both of us overestimated them. We will see, but seems like the lakers will end the season at around 20 to 25 wins.

Nope i said 28 ... 25 floor 32 ceiling iirc

Stalin
12-23-2015, 12:22 PM

:rollin:rollin

DMC
12-23-2015, 12:45 PM
So you estimated on the high side on both and the Spurs didn't let you down. Shocking.

ambchang
12-23-2015, 12:53 PM
Nope i said 28 ... 25 floor 32 ceiling iirc

Well, I guess you are right one then. I am off for both.

I actually had a huge list of bad predictions from the way things look:
1) Lakers will win around 25 to 30 games (say around 28) - It seems like that they will now win 20 to 25 games. it depends, if Kobe can actually start playing a bit more team ball, they can win more and make it back into the 25-30 bracket.
2) Spurs will struggle out the gate, and mostly because of defense. Aldridge will not fit defensively. Wrong on both counts.
3) GSW will take it easy out of the gate - Nope, not at all. In fact, historically great.
4) Grizzlies and Rockets will keep chugging along - They are doing horrible now. Just horrible.
5) Clippers will be one of the favourites, with GSW being odds on, and Spurs, Clippers and Cavs being the next tier. Well, 3 out of 4 ain't bad, but that's so obvious anyone would have gotten that right
6) Philly will make some improvement, possibly winning 25 games. So far, they'd be lucky to crack then. They may eclipse their own 82 game record of 9-73.
7) Suns will be one of the bottom teams out West - They may not make the playoffs, but it seems like the Lakers have the bottom locked.
8) Pelicans will be decent - no they are not. They have been worse than horrible.
9) The Hawks will get another 55+ win season
10) Bulls will be one of the top 3 seeds in the East

Hey at least I thought that the mavs will still be a playoff team, the Blazers will be bad, the Kings will be bad, the Hornets will be respectable, Pistons will be decent/good. So I got something right, I think.

DMC
12-23-2015, 01:14 PM
Well, I guess you are right one then. I am off for both.

I actually had a huge list of bad predictions from the way things look:
1) Lakers will win around 25 to 30 games (say around 28) - It seems like that they will now win 20 to 25 games. it depends, if Kobe can actually start playing a bit more team ball, they can win more and make it back into the 25-30 bracket.
2) Spurs will struggle out the gate, and mostly because of defense. Aldridge will not fit defensively. Wrong on both counts.
3) GSW will take it easy out of the gate - Nope, not at all. In fact, historically great.
4) Grizzlies and Rockets will keep chugging along - They are doing horrible now. Just horrible.
5) Clippers will be one of the favourites, with GSW being odds on, and Spurs, Clippers and Cavs being the next tier. Well, 3 out of 4 ain't bad, but that's so obvious anyone would have gotten that right
6) Philly will make some improvement, possibly winning 25 games. So far, they'd be lucky to crack then. They may eclipse their own 82 game record of 9-73.
7) Suns will be one of the bottom teams out West - They may not make the playoffs, but it seems like the Lakers have the bottom locked.
8) Pelicans will be decent - no they are not. They have been worse than horrible.
9) The Hawks will get another 55+ win season
10) Bulls will be one of the top 3 seeds in the East

Hey at least I thought that the mavs will still be a playoff team, the Blazers will be bad, the Kings will be bad, the Hornets will be respectable, Pistons will be decent/good. So I got something right, I think.

So in a nutshell you're a fucking idiot.

ambchang
12-23-2015, 02:34 PM
So in a nutshell you're a fucking idiot.

Being an idiot and not being able to tell the future are two different things. So no.

DMC
12-23-2015, 03:14 PM
idiot

ambchang
12-23-2015, 04:29 PM
idiot

Are better than people with mutated hands.

AlexJones
12-23-2015, 07:48 PM
:rollin

DMC
12-23-2015, 10:41 PM
Another poor take by a muddy legged paddy dwelling piss puddle squatting faggot

ambchang
12-23-2015, 10:51 PM
Another poor take by a muddy legged paddy dwelling piss puddle squatting faggot

Not really. Idiots can still function. Mutated hands make life inconvenient.

DMC
12-23-2015, 10:55 PM
Watch me over play the fat hands angle because you can blindfold me with a shoestring

fify

UNT Eagles 2016
12-24-2015, 01:08 AM

And you there, back to the cotton fields :toast

ambchang
12-24-2015, 09:31 AM
fify

You can definitely blindfold me with your fat hands.

Thread
12-24-2015, 10:59 AM
It's his eyes. He's seeing it thru the prism of the dynamic horizontal hold that rules professional sports better than anyone else. Having a stable father ain't hurt either. He and the Thompson kid are rooted, deep.

Molotov
12-24-2015, 11:55 AM

True, an idiot is pretty much your average joe, one can tolerate an idiot, and even be amused by such, on occasion. The same can't be said of cripples, those with gigantic mutated hands, or any others with visible physical disfigurements.

DMC
12-24-2015, 12:25 PM
It's his eyes. He's seeing it thru the prism of the dynamic horizontal hold that rules professional sports better than anyone else. Having a stable father ain't hurt either. He and the Thompson kid are rooted, deep.
Bend over, I'll show you rooted deep.