PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Did Kobe retired because he was "done" or because

midnightpulp
12-22-2015, 11:25 PM
he didn't want to play another 3-4 years alongside shit players like D-Bust and Julian?

Real talk, I thought Kirbs was flat out done at the beginning of the season, but since Byron moved D-Bust and Julian out of the starting lineup, Kirbs has seen a resurgence in his game. Don't get me wrong, Kirbs is still a sub-par player, he's that bad defensively, but at least he's not the total embarrassment he was earlier.

*retire

Splits
12-22-2015, 11:31 PM
Quitter. He's only 37, and 25% of his seasons didn't include playoffs and his first two were riding pine, so the "mileage" argument is overrated. He's a me-first diva and sociopath who cares more about his bank account than basketball

midnightpulp
12-22-2015, 11:32 PM
Quitter. He's only 37, and 25% of his seasons didn't include playoffs. He's a me-first diva who cares more about his bank account than basketball

He still sucks, indeed, but what's with the resurgence? Are D-Bust and Julian actually bigger cancers than Kirby himself?

BD24
12-22-2015, 11:34 PM
I am hopeful that this resurgence makes him want to play another year or two. Cmon Lakers, throw another 48 mill at him.

Splits
12-22-2015, 11:37 PM
He still sucks, indeed, but what's with the resurgence? Are D-Bust and Julian actually bigger cancers than Kirby himself?

Powerplay. Before they were benched, and the discussion moved from Kobe-is-God to those two losers, he was jacking to get the limelight back on him. Once he convinced Byron to put them out to pasture, he stopped jacking 30 footers with 10 on the clock.

He pulled a similar stunt last year, it will be shortlived.

Venti Quattro
12-22-2015, 11:37 PM
20 years playing a very physical sport like basketball could take a toll on your body. Injuries, bumps will show with old age. That showed when he first returned to the court after two long lay-offs due to injuries, but he's been adjusting and playing well as of late.

Motivation also is a factor. He could have decided to retire because he was content with 5 rings, a couple of MVPs and he didn't think he could compete at a very high level anymore.

Besides, it's not like he was playing baseball...

DMC
12-22-2015, 11:40 PM
20 years playing a very physical sport like basketball could take a toll on your body. Injuries, bumps will show with old age. That showed when he first returned to the court after two long lay-offs due to injuries, but he's been adjusting and playing well as of late.

Motivation also is a factor. He could have decided to retire because he was content with 5 rings, a couple of MVPs and he didn't think he could compete at a very high level anymore.

Besides, it's not like he was playing baseball...

Let's start a "Stay 24." campaign.

Splits
12-22-2015, 11:43 PM
Kobe Bryant dunking in his 20th year of his NBA career is definitely something to marvel at—but it's not good. Sure, the immediate fanfare after Kobe dunking deserves celebration but it should also carry with it some apprehension.It turns out that a dunking Kobe is actually a very bad thing, especially for fans that want to watch Kobe's next game. In the last three times that Bryant has dunked, he missed the next game.

Kobe threw down a vintage slam on Houston Rockets center Clint Capela (http://www.sbnation.com/2015/12/18/10494552/kobe-bryant-threw-down-a-vintage-dunk-on-clint-capela) on Thursday, invigorating fans everywhere with the thought that old Kobe still has it. He does, but he needs some rest so he is sitting out the next game (http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2015/12/19/10627128/la-lakers-injury-kobe-bryant-shoulder-dunk-thunder-out)against the Oklahoma City Thunder.

Prior to that, he dunked against the Pelicans at New Orleans on January 21st and against the Indiana Pacers on January 4th at home. He only took a a game off after Indiana, but his season ended in New Orleans (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/1/22/7874259/kobe-bryant-injury-shoulder-la-lakers)after a torn rotator cuff.

Can we create a special 'DNP-dunk' injury report for the Black Mamba?

Reck
12-22-2015, 11:45 PM
Ya'll remember Jeremy Lin when he caught fire with the Knicks for like 10 games?

I compare this run to that. 50 something games left he's not going to keep this up.

StrengthAndHonor
12-23-2015, 12:10 AM
It has to be rust. He didn't pick up a basketball during rehab if I'm not mistaken. I remember reading an article that he only resumed working on his shooting around July or August of this year. He'll go through another cold stretch though. He's always been a streaky shooter throughout his career..

BatManu20
12-23-2015, 12:41 AM
I'm not chalking his horrible play early in the season up to Russell and Randle being in the starting lineup.. Kobe was airballing multiple wide open shots a game and looked looked horrendous. Looks like he's getting his legs back under him now and is playing much better tbh.

Reck
12-23-2015, 12:54 AM
BTW he is still chucking up horrendous shots that dont even come close to going in.

At one point in the game he shot a 30 footer with 10+ seconds on the clock for no reason. :lol

LarryDavid
12-23-2015, 01:27 AM
Powerplay. Before they were benched, and the discussion moved from Kobe-is-God to those two losers, he was jacking to get the limelight back on him. Once he convinced Byron to put them out to pasture, he stopped jacking 30 footers with 10 on the clock.

He pulled a similar stunt last year, it will be shortlived.

Machiavellian Kobe is my favorite Kobe

Twisted_Dawg
12-23-2015, 08:20 AM
I am hopeful that this resurgence makes him want to play another year or two. Cmon Lakers, throw another 48 mill at him.

Actually, with the cap going up the next two years, $48 mill is chump change. The Lakes could easily pop $60 mill at Kirbes and not miss a beat.

Splits
12-23-2015, 12:09 PM
Could be a stealth retirement.

1. Kobe realizes the Lakers are fucked so long he is around because nobody wants to play with him
2. Poems his retirement
3. Lakers have 3 max slots next year, could pull a collusion like Bron/Bosh/Wade in free agency
4. Kobe announces comeback at league min halfway through the season next year if the Lakers are in the Playoff hunt to ring chase his 6th

Long shot is #3 but if it happens we havent seen the end of the rapist

ambchang
12-23-2015, 12:45 PM
Could be a stealth retirement.

1. Kobe realizes the Lakers are fucked so long he is around because nobody wants to play with him
2. Poems his retirement
3. Lakers have 3 max slots next year, could pull a collusion like Bron/Bosh/Wade in free agency
4. Kobe announces comeback at league min halfway through the season next year if the Lakers are in the Playoff hunt to ring chase his 6th

Long shot is #3 but if it happens we havent seen the end of the rapist

I see #4 as the longest shot. No way will Kobe make the min at any point in his career. He just has way too much ego for that, and team success really isn't that big of a deal to him.

Arcadian
12-23-2015, 01:36 PM
Guys, why are you talking about such an irrelevant and shitty player as Kirby? He doesn't deserve to be talked about this much, if at all.

lefty
12-23-2015, 01:37 PM
Kobe is better than Jim

Kawhitstorm
12-23-2015, 03:41 PM
I see #4 as the longest shot. No way will Kobe make the min at any point in his career. He just has way too much ego for that, and team success really isn't that big of a deal to him.

If the Lakers land Durant he's going to re-sign & play the KG role. They have a 50 mill cap space so they can pay him 20 mill

whitemamba
12-23-2015, 03:47 PM
Jim is the coattail king right now, at least people respect Kobe honestly.

Kawhitstorm
12-23-2015, 04:23 PM
Jim is the coattail king right now, at least people respect Kobe honestly.

Kobe has all the beta bitches of the NBA on speed dial for booty call when they are in town or when he's visiting.:lol

LkrFan
12-23-2015, 09:42 PM
4 > 2

:)

baseline bum
12-23-2015, 09:52 PM
4 > 2

:)

Huh? Duncan has never missed the playoffs, that shit should be 4 < 0.

Kool Bob Love
12-23-2015, 09:53 PM
Not done-done, but done.

Thread
12-23-2015, 09:56 PM

But, that SOB gave away an NBA Title, bum. We ain't forgettin' that,,,,,,ever.

You'd have it all now...6, no Bag, no Divorce, still light the $25 million, still in the closet, his children still innocent and with just 1 dad, instead of a number of "uncles."

midnightpulp
12-23-2015, 10:03 PM

You'd have it all now...6, no Bag, no Divorce, still light the $25 million, still in the closet, his children still innocent and with just 1 dad, instead of a number of "uncles."

Nah, Duncan played exceptionally in Games 6 and 7.

Parker was terrible in both games, but blaming him doesn't fit your narrative, right Cub?

On a side note, looks like the Spurs gonna win in blow out fashion again. How bad do you need a loss right now?

Thread
12-23-2015, 10:10 PM
Nah, Duncan played exceptionally in Games 6 and 7.

Parker was terrible in both games, but blaming him doesn't fit your narrative, right Cub?

On a side note, looks like the Spurs gonna win in blow out fashion again. How bad do you need a loss right now?

No, because my narrative is correct. You got beat because Duncan lost control, lost focus, lost his ability to reason. And that happened because of marital crisis brought on by his homosexuality. Instead of caving in to this woman's demands he brazened it out and paid the ultimate price:::an NBA Title won&lost.

I'm not going to let this die. No matter how much I loiter the rich dark mahogany of the RR I will always return and drive my stake into the fertile ground of the NBA Forum.

If I were wrong, if I believed I was wrong I'd capitulate, but, I am right on this point. And I ain't gonna stop.

midnightpulp
12-23-2015, 10:13 PM
No, because my narrative is correct. You got beat because Duncan lost control, lost focus, lost his ability to reason. And that happened because of marital crisis brought on by his homosexuality. Instead of caving in to this woman's demands he brazened it out and paid the ultimate price:::an NBA Title won&lost.

I'm not going to let this die. No matter how much I loiter the rich dark mahogany of the RR I will always return and drive my stake into the fertile ground of the NBA Forum.

If I were wrong, if I believed I was wrong I'd capitulate, but, I am right on this point. And I ain't gonna stop.

You can go with that narrative as long as you're consistent. I take it the reason for the '04 loss to the Pistons was because Kobe lost focus due to the rape and his marital problems?

He couldn't solve Prince (over 5 games!). How do you explain that other than a stress of the mind brought on by: the rape, his marital problems, and his latent homosexuality (Kobe was unable to finish, to reach climax with a woman, and had to relieve himself after she left).

baseline bum
12-23-2015, 10:20 PM

Kobe has four shitbags on his side now, his first in 2005, his second in 2014, his repeat in 2015, and now the overflowing 2016 bag.

UNT Eagles 2016
12-23-2015, 10:25 PM
6-0 > 5-1 > 5-2 >>>>>>>>>> 2-4

Thread
12-23-2015, 10:26 PM
Kobe has four shitbags on his side now, his first in 2005, his second in 2014, his repeat in 2015, and now the overflowing 2016 bag.

No, there is only 1 fuckin' Bag. Duncan has it.

And I ain't afraid of you. You ain't so tough when D & Splits ain't around.

Big shot.

baseline bum
12-23-2015, 10:28 PM
No, there is only 1 fuckin' Bag. Duncan has it.

And I ain't afraid of you. You ain't so tough when D & Splits ain't around.

Big shot.

Four bags filled to the brim, and that stench has caused them to strike out on every free agent since 2013.

Thread
12-23-2015, 10:29 PM
You can go with that narrative as long as you're consistent. I take it the reason for the '04 loss to the Pistons was because Kobe lost focus due to the rape and his marital problems?

He couldn't solve Prince (over 5 games!). How do you explain that other than a stress of the mind brought on by: the rape, his marital problems, and his latent homosexuality (Kobe was unable to finish, to reach climax with a woman, and had to relieve himself after she left).

See, here you start acting stupid. I had such high hopes for you, Midst, but, you also break my heart.

When you commit rape and you're not a professional rapist of course you're going to have a performance problem. Only makes sense. He's humpin', he's sweatin', that crevice is long, it's deep, it's long, it's white, but, your sub conscious is telling you you've fucked up. All the sudden all the blood that was in that column of flesh in this girl's butt hole drains from there and fills your stomach.

Thread
12-23-2015, 10:30 PM
Four bags filled to the brim, and that stench has caused them to strike out on every free agent since 2013.

You ain't got your two buddies tonite. Just you & me, bum. A wise, older man and a young kid. Oh, the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie that's Avante!!!

LkrFan
12-23-2015, 10:37 PM

Duncan also never repeated. Don't forget that part. :)

baseline bum
12-23-2015, 10:49 PM
Duncan also never repeated. Don't forget that part. :)

While Kobe has a lottery threepeat.

baseline bum
12-23-2015, 10:50 PM
You ain't got your two buddies tonite. Just you & me, bum. A wise, older man and a young kid. Oh, the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie that's Avante!!!

Remember all those times you lost the Giuseppe rodeo old man?

Thread
12-23-2015, 10:58 PM
Remember all those times you lost the Giuseppe rodeo old man?

The old rodeo!!!

midnightpulp
12-23-2015, 11:03 PM
See, here you start acting stupid. I had such high hopes for you, Midst, but, you also break my heart.

When you commit rape and you're not a professional rapist of course you're going to have a performance problem. Only makes sense. He's humpin', he's sweatin', that crevice is long, it's deep, it's long, it's white, but, your sub conscious is telling you you've fucked up. All the sudden all the blood that was in that column of flesh in this girl's butt hole drains from there and fills your stomach.

Fair enough.

But do you agree that the stress from that situation played a part in Kobe's inability to solve Prince and Rip Hamilton?

Silver&Black
12-23-2015, 11:07 PM
I give Thread 1/2 an hour before he pulls his patented "I'm taking my ball and going home" trick.

Thread
12-23-2015, 11:09 PM
I give Thread 1/2 an hour before he pulls his patented "I'm taking my ball and going home" trick.

Don't act like a stupid ass and I won't.

Silver&Black
12-23-2015, 11:11 PM
One week into the season and you Quit on your team...

Disgraceful...Unacceptable...these are words that come to mind immediately.

Thread
12-23-2015, 11:16 PM
One week into the season and you Quit on your team...

Disgraceful...Unacceptable...these are words that come to mind immediately.

You asshole, you.

DMC
12-24-2015, 12:17 AM
Los Angeles Lakers

STARTERS
MIN
FGM-A
3PM-A
FTM-A
OREB
DREB
REB
AST
STL
BLK
TO
PF
+/-
PTS

Larry Nance Jr. (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2580365/larry-nance-jr.), PF
2-5
0-0
0-0

Kobe Bryant (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/110/kobe-bryant), SF
7-22
2-7
3-3

Roy Hibbert (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3436/roy-hibbert), C
1-4
0-0
2-2

Jordan Clarkson (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2528426/jordan-clarkson), PG
4-12
0-2
2-2

Louis Williams (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2799/louis-williams), SG
0-6
0-2
2-6

BENCH
MIN
FGM-A
3PM-A
FTM-A
OREB
DREB
REB
AST
STL
BLK
TO
PF
+/-
PTS

Brandon Bass (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2745/brandon-bass), PF
2-4
0-0
0-0
+11

Anthony Brown (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2531362/anthony-brown), SF
0-2
0-2
0-0
+2

Robert Sacre (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6620/robert-sacre), C
2-3
0-0
1-2

D'Angelo Russell (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3136776/d'angelo-russell), PG
4-9
3-4
2-3
+12

whitemamba
12-24-2015, 10:51 PM
Kobe has all the beta bitches of the NBA on speed dial for booty call when they are in town or when he's visiting.:lol

I wish I was stupid enough to understand what ur trying to say.

Kawhitstorm
12-25-2015, 03:06 AM
I wish I was stupid enough to understand what ur trying to say.

I'm glad you just have 2% of your brain faculties rather than 1% to not comprehend it.:toast