PDA

View Full Version : When's the last time someone scored on Kawhi in an ISO?

ParadoxEN
12-24-2015, 02:09 AM
Seems like all these "go-to stars" (PG, Durant, Wiggins, Butler, etc) only score off screens when checked by Kawhi. He turns them into Redick-type players, IMO.

TheGreatYacht
12-24-2015, 02:24 AM
Demarr DeRozan.

Btw OP is completely forgetting about Duncan. He was the main contributer in stopping Wiggins.

ParadoxEN
12-24-2015, 02:31 AM
Demarr DeRozan.

Btw OP is completely forgetting about Duncan. He was the main contributer in stopping Wiggins.

I agree, tbh, Duncan is a major benefit to Kawhi. I get the sense that you haven't watched many non-Spurs games, though. There are significantly less ISOs against Kawhi than other defenders, IMO.

Check the stats and report back, bruh

TheGreatYacht
12-24-2015, 02:53 AM
I agree, tbh, Duncan is a major benefit to Kawhi. I get the sense that you haven't watched many non-Spurs games, though. There are significantly less ISOs against Kawhi than other defenders, IMO.

Check the stats and report back, bruh
I watch every game bruh. Timmy doesn't contest big men jumpers, but he's easily the best rim protector in basketball right now.

Kawhi is doing a great job. No denying that. But Wiggins shouldn't be on the list you put, he got to the rim at will tonight.

Off topic but Paul George shot 5/19 tonight against Omri Casspi. Seems like he's flamed out earlier than usual per par

bic50
12-24-2015, 01:03 PM
Kawhi did a really good job on wiggins imo. But not many players will attempt to go 1v1 against him. team defense is more effective

Mr Bones
12-24-2015, 01:16 PM
Great.

Spurstalk has a "new" (old) player fan poster who is going to start a million threads about the same thing over and over.

SpursFan86
12-24-2015, 02:38 PM
Kawhi gives up .78 ppp on isolation plays this year, which puts him in the 56th percentile among guys who have defended 10+ isolation plays.

Uriel
12-24-2015, 08:55 PM
Kawhi gives up .78 ppp on isolation plays this year, which puts him in the 56th percentile among guys who have defended 10+ isolation plays.
That stat looks positively pedestrian in a vacuum, until you take into account the fact that Kawhi guards the opposing team's best player night-in-night out.

gospursgojas
12-24-2015, 09:07 PM
Blake scored on Kawhi a lot when they switched. If you want to get technical.

SpursFan86
12-24-2015, 09:46 PM
That stat looks positively pedestrian in a vacuum, until you take into account the fact that Kawhi guards the opposing team's best player night-in-night out.

That and the fact that opposing players are often avoiding taking shots at all when guarded by him...for example the other night Hayward took, what, 5 shots? Guys who average 15+ shots a game usually aren't taking that many when going up against Kawhi.

Regardless, OP asked for some stats regarding his isolation D, so I provided some.

DeRozan m8
12-24-2015, 10:02 PM
lmao derozan is a scrub

Kawhitstorm
12-24-2015, 10:07 PM
Demarr DeRozan.

Blake scored on Kawhi a lot when they switched. If you want to get technical.

He was under the weather against the Raptors & Blake posted up Kawhi maybe twice otherwise it was all jumpers via pick-n-pop. It was Markeiff Morris that scored on him a bunch of times via isolations when Pop played him at the 4 but then Markeiff was toarching everyone in that game.

One guy that always seemingly torches Kawhi via isolation plays (including the daggers 3 in 2012:bang) is the guy he will be guarding tomorrow: James Harden (CoJo did a good job on his last season). The other one is Monta Ellis when he's running PnRs. Westbrook simply lives at the FT line & Kawhi made the most important defensive play of his career against him.

EVAY
12-24-2015, 10:31 PM
He was under the weather against the Raptors & Blake posted up Kawhi maybe twice otherwise it was all jumpers via pick-n-pop. It was Markeiff Morris that scored on him a bunch of times via isolations when Pop played him at the 4 but then Markeiff was toarching everyone in that game.

One guy that always seemingly torches Kawhi via isolation plays (including the daggers 3 in 2012:bang) is the guy he will be guarding tomorrow: James Harden (CoJo did a good job on his last season). The other one is Monta Ellis when he's running PnRs. Westbrook simply lives at the FT line & Kawhi made the most important defensive play of his career against him.

That move against Westbrook was the single most astonishing defensive play that I have ever seen, especially considering the significance of the game, the timing, and the 'cleanness' with which which it took place.