PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: For Some Reason The Basketball Gods Have Decided To Bless The Spurs

Koolaid_Man
12-24-2015, 01:32 PM
I don't understand it....I think it's totally unfair but I guess I have to live with it...a higher power has spoken...

god bless...Spur fan and congrats

Thread
12-24-2015, 01:38 PM
Somehow they've been able to keep the player/coach/front office hierarchy in exact place. Coach/FO controls the product. This is the way it was in all sports many, many years ago. It was how Media respected this "way of life." And said so as a guide and a lesson for the young coming and audience watching. It's all gone now. Only the Spurs remain. Their way is the way it has to be.

State will be seduced and lurch into the abyss.

DMC
12-24-2015, 01:42 PM
Crawl motherfuckers crawl!

daslicer
12-24-2015, 01:43 PM
Somehow they've been able to keep the player/coach/front office hierarchy in exact place. Coach/FO controls the product. This is the way it was in all sports many, many years ago. It was how Media respected this "way of life." And said so as a guide and a lesson for the young coming and audience watching. It's all gone now. Only the Spurs remain. Their way is the way it has to be.

State will be seduced and lurch into the abyss.

:wow Wow that was very profound.

Koolaid_Man
12-24-2015, 01:48 PM
Crawl motherfuckers crawl!

I am..it hurts so bad DMC....please brother show some mercy....:cry:cry

DMC
12-24-2015, 02:14 PM
:wow Wow that was very profound.

Don't be impressed by flowery words that don't have much meaning. Parsimony is better. It's not like the Spurs just started down this road and the two above have been trying to take a wet shit on them for years. This "god" they speak of is pragmatism while the team they elected to follow, of their own free will of course, chose time and again to allow one player to destroy their franchise, even though all stops were removed to give this individual the lion's share of NBA big men to remain competitive. Kobe is their god, and he's a false one.

Don't be misled by false praise. They still prefer player worship over how the Spurs play and they'd chose to follow a bottom level team with a star player over a perennial contender with no true superstar.

Thread
12-24-2015, 02:29 PM
Don't be impressed by flowery words that don't have much meaning. Parsimony is better. It's not like the Spurs just started down this road and the two above have been trying to take a wet shit on them for years. This "god" they speak of is pragmatism while the team they elected to follow, of their own free will of course, chose time and again to allow one player to destroy their franchise, even though all stops were removed to give this individual the lion's share of NBA big men to remain competitive. Kobe is their god, and he's a false one.

Don't be misled by false praise. They still prefer player worship over how the Spurs play and they'd chose to follow a bottom level team with a star player over a perennial contender with no true superstar.

Oh, horseshit. I can hate you and still cite your high points.

Koolaid_Man
12-24-2015, 02:36 PM
The Spurs are just one of those untouchable and infallible teams..they answer to no one...not even the basketball gods...

I. Hustle
12-24-2015, 02:37 PM
Well done

Buddy Mignon
12-24-2015, 02:41 PM
I don't understand it....I think it's totally unfair but I guess I have to live with it...a higher power has spoken...

god bless...Spur fan and congrats

Its amazing how what you perceive a blessing, I consider a curse. Sure, they expect to make the playoffs every season... win a bunch of games and as long as Jim is on the floor they feel they have a chance of winning a title. That's their curse... and part of the main reason why we've spent so much time here on this site. You see... Spurfan is like that happy-go-lucky husband that has a wife that packs his lunch and kisses him on the cheek every morning to send him off to work. He begins to expect this behavior from his wife because its just what she does. Then he comes home one day to find the house empty, no furniture, no clothes in the closet, no food in the fridge, she even took the dog. He's left wondering what the fuck happened.

That process is repeated year after year with their fanbase. Everything looks normal... same FO, same coach, same core, same results, right? Nope... the majority of the time they come home she's left his ass for a guy that's willing to fuck her pussy until it turns blue. That's their curse.:toast

Koolaid_Man
12-24-2015, 02:44 PM
Luva / Cully check your PM's

Thread
12-24-2015, 02:45 PM

How was I to know what you were trying to do, Kool?

lol!!!

Koolaid_Man
12-24-2015, 02:47 PM
How was I to know what you were trying to do, Kool?

lol!!!

I don't know what your talking about :hat

Buddy Mignon
12-24-2015, 02:55 PM

You're supposed to send the pm before you start the thread... lol.

Koolaid_Man
12-24-2015, 03:01 PM
Ok. I see my homies are tripping today..Imma go sip on some yack and write Kori a Xmas love letter.....

Holla at yall later :hat

DMC
12-24-2015, 04:43 PM
Oh, horseshit. I can hate you and still cite your high points.

If you're not a fan of pragmatism because it bores you, citing high points only seems to come along when you're at a low point. None of you were citing the Spurs' high points when the Lakers acquired Howard and Nash and thought you shook up the world.

DMC
12-24-2015, 04:44 PM
Ok. I see my homies are tripping today..Imma go sip on some yack and write Kori a Xmas love letter.....

Fratricide from calculated shit bomb?

TheGreatYacht
12-24-2015, 04:47 PM
:lmao

D.B. Cooper
12-24-2015, 04:52 PM
Merry Christmas!

UZER
12-24-2015, 05:13 PM

Kool, Luva, Thread, PMS-ing shoulder to shoulder.

Kawhitstorm
12-24-2015, 05:21 PM
Jesus beats off to Team Duncan, Chinese men beat off to Kirby, Kirby beats off to himself in the mirror.:lol

Raven
12-24-2015, 05:31 PM
it's always good to see you people bend down for chrismas. It makes total sense for you slaves to bring presents to your masters.

Thread
12-24-2015, 05:47 PM
If you're not a fan of pragmatism because it bores you, citing high points only seems to come along when you're at a low point. None of you were citing the Spurs' high points when the Lakers acquired Howard and Nash and thought you shook up the world.

Horseshit. I've always cited your high points. You just can't wrap that peanut for a brain around such a selfless concept.

Buddy Mignon
12-24-2015, 06:46 PM

:lol

xtremesteven33
12-24-2015, 07:31 PM
David Robinson laid the foundation, Popovich lead the way, and Duncan was the capstone. A thing of beauty.

Koolaid_Man
12-24-2015, 07:44 PM
David Robinson laid the foundation, Popovich lead the way, and Duncan was the capstone. A thing of beauty.

Personally I think you're being blessed because homosexuality is the in thing...we were doing fine when we had Luke...Yall still have your old faithful Tammy..so the blessings are pouring in since we live in an era where it's cool to be a flamer

Thread
12-24-2015, 07:53 PM

No. "You" treated Robinson like shit when he couldn't produce a ring. Called him "Chicken of the Sea" --- "Flipper" "The Little Mermaid" et al. Only when Popovich came aboard and straightened it out did you skulk back to Robinson and canonize him. I was there. I saw it. We're not going to rewrite history here. Popovich cleaned it up.

BanditHiro
12-24-2015, 08:39 PM
eh the Warriors are way more blessed than any team in the league. Hopefully the turn of year brings back all the bad luck they have been keeping at bay.

UZER
12-24-2015, 09:14 PM
No. "You" treated Robinson like shit when he couldn't produce a ring. Called him "Chicken of the Sea" --- "Flipper" "The Little Mermaid" et al. Only when Popovich came aboard and straightened it out did you skulk back to Robinson and canonize him. I was there. I saw it. We're not going to rewrite history here. Popovich cleaned it up.

Damn Dale you just make shit up. That wasn't spurs fan, the little mermaid was Jim Rome. You're the only one rewriting history here. No Spurs fan cast that hate at David. Were we frustrated, sure. But you're just being an ass with that shit and you know it.

Thread
12-24-2015, 09:17 PM
Damn Dale you just make shit up. That wasn't spurs fan, the little mermaid was Jim Rome. You're the only one rewriting history here. No Spurs fan cast that hate at David. Were we frustrated, sure. But you're just being an ass with that shit and you know it.

"You" booed him mercilessly. I remember it. I had no ox to gore. I didn't hate the Spurs then. You ain't re-writing history as long as I'm not in the RR.

Thread
12-24-2015, 09:19 PM
eh the Warriors are way more blessed than any team in the league. Hopefully the turn of year brings back all the bad luck they have been keeping at bay.

But, they'll spoil in the sun, rot from within, turn into mutinous dogs. They won't be controlled. The almighty dollar will seduce and settle them. They'll grow bored and listless. It's happened to every Champion save the Spurs.

Arcadian
12-24-2015, 09:25 PM
Jesus beats off to Team Duncan, Chinese men beat off to Kirby, Kirby beats off to himself in the mirror.:lol

:lol Sounds about right...

UZER
12-24-2015, 09:36 PM
"You" booed him mercilessly. I remember it. I had no ox to gore. I didn't hate the Spurs then. You ain't re-writing history as long as I'm not in the RR.

Nope, you are rewriting history and you know it. I ain't dosey doeing with you tonight. Nobody booed David. The team was booed as a fandom frustrated with their teams play boos the team. That is it and that is all.

DMC
12-25-2015, 12:06 AM
I was a fan back when David was drafted, I recall his rookie season even talked to him several times. The feeling was nothing but support for David and the Spurs. As the years went on, it became a feeling probably like what the Clippers feel, what GS felt, what Houston feels.. that we cannot get over the hump because we cannot get the right people to help David but make no mistake, we did not think David was scared. That was a different league, you had Ewing, Malone, Barkley, Jordan, Hakeem and such. Those were physical players, often quite dirty players. David refused to play dirty or try to hurt people to prove a point. We knew it, and though we didn't like it we understood that wasn't his thing. That's why we didn't particularly like Rodman when he did all that shirt off sitting on the sideline shit either. He was the antithesis to David, but we could have really used a punisher. Instead we got Tim Duncan who didn't need to punish with physicality. He used his skills and mental edge.

Dale, you have the tendency to take the minority and deem it the majority. You don't take the gold from the gold mine, instead you say it contained dirt. You do that in a feeble attempt to lower the Spurs to the Lakers level but it doesn't work. You can paint it as "truth" all you want but everyone here including you knows better. You guys just chose to cheer for a franchise that lost its way, and you ate it up as long as you were winning. You didn't care about how you win or with whom, because you credited Kobe with everything anyhow. You are insanely jealous of how the Spurs have bested your franchise in success at half the price, how they attracted Aldridge who turned down LA twice and how they did both without selling their assholes to the highest bidder.

buttsR4rebounding
12-25-2015, 12:11 PM
Personally I think you're being blessed because homosexuality is the in thing...we were doing fine when we had Luke...Yall still have your old faithful Tammy..so the blessings are pouring in since we live in an era where it's kool to be a flamer

Koolaid_Man
12-26-2015, 10:27 AM
The Spurs answer to no one...not even the gods...their good luck will continue unabated

DMC
12-26-2015, 11:15 AM
Read your PMs Kool. We jinxing these faggots. We got one in the books already! Quick, let's come up with more stuff.