PDA

View Full Version : Shooting Guard

ViceCity86
12-25-2015, 10:36 PM
Don't have one.Not one that's good enough to be championship calibur team.Put all stops and trade for one.Worst shooting guard combo since Steve Smith was starting.

BanditHiro
12-25-2015, 10:37 PM
to be fair the minute Danny Green got benched Harden went off...this one is on Big 3 and Pop for trying to force them to win the game despite playing like utter shit.

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-25-2015, 10:39 PM
lol

RD2191
12-25-2015, 10:44 PM
Green is trash tbh

UNT Eagles 2016
12-25-2015, 10:44 PM
Popabitch is awful

ElNono
12-25-2015, 10:48 PM
Nonsense. We have 2, both solid in different aspects of the game, and an up and coming prospect.

Plus the quality of SGs in the league has dropped dramatically... Not a big need either

timtonymanu
12-25-2015, 10:49 PM
Green was playing great defense on Harden. That meltdown was a team effort minus Kawhi. Really killed all the momentum we had.

SAGirl
12-25-2015, 10:53 PM
I missed big chunks of this.

Danny is a conundrum, you want him defensively, but when they force him to do too much he can't rise to the occasion.

Manu is great in his role but should not be saving the starting unit every time. More minutes of intense playtime will diminish the quality of his play.

I think Kyle should get the nod sometimes. He's great in half court offense TBH. The Grizzlies and Boston games he came in with clutch buckets... on both games saved possessions creating his own shot, made good defensive plays and did not TO over.

steeledl
12-25-2015, 10:53 PM
Like I said in the game thread.... We need Simmons development in super overdrive. Gibobili is done and Green is a non factor on offense. We can't win it with no production from that position.

I am also a fan of resting Ginobili for extended periods of time 2 weeks on 2 weeks off kinda thing to keep him fresh. He looked like he still had something left at the beginning of the season but he has looked pretty done most games over the past month and a half.

Either that or we need to make a move... because this Danny Green and the Ginobili are the weakness of our team.

steeledl
12-25-2015, 10:56 PM
Or lets just trot Kyle Anderson out there at the 2 this season and wish someone would pour bleach in our eyes.... that's an option I guess.

Pocho La Pantera
12-25-2015, 10:57 PM
Parker goes 1/7 and the problem is Ginóbili.

TDfan2007
12-25-2015, 10:58 PM
Our starting backcourt killed us offensively. Can't have your starting guards combine for 7 points and expect to win

steeledl
12-25-2015, 11:00 PM

We don't put accents over our o's in America. sorry bruh.

SAGirl
12-25-2015, 11:00 PM

I didn't point to him... although maybe you refer to the OP.
If anything I think the starting lineup should not be relying on Manu to save them.. bc he is the center of the bench and does enough already for his age.

But I agree, Tony played poorly ( I did see his TO in the first half, throwing the ball low at big men in the paint /smh)

RD2191
12-25-2015, 11:01 PM
Our starting backcourt killed us offensively. Can't have your starting guards combine for 7 points and expect to win
Tbh. Do you think this will be a problem going forward? Defense has looked good but as the Grizz of the past have showed us sometimes great D isn't enough. The offense looks so bad at times that it scares me.

Agloco
12-25-2015, 11:02 PM
Yep, fact is Parker and Manu played like shit tonight. Probably thier worst combined effort this season.

ElNono
12-25-2015, 11:03 PM
Yep, fact is Parker and Manu played like shit tonight. Probably thier worst combined effort this season.

That's more reasonable... Bad game vs we're doomed

100%duncan
12-25-2015, 11:03 PM
Our SG rotation is not the best but it's better than league average.

Green: Defense plus 3 point shooting but has slumps
Manu: Craftiness, Spark plug, but a liability on defense
Simmons: Spark plug, still needs another year to be a legit rotation player

It's not perfect but it's not our weakness.

ElNono
12-25-2015, 11:05 PM
I mean, what are the "contenders" Cavs trotting out there? Shumpert and JR Smith?

I'll take Green and Manu in a heartbeat

timtonymanu
12-25-2015, 11:06 PM
I mean, what are the "contenders" Cavs trotting out there? Shumpert and JR Smith?

I'll take Green and Manu in a heartbeat

The Thunder also start Andre Roberson. :lol

Nathan89
12-25-2015, 11:09 PM
Danny would be fine if we played a small lineup with Kawhi at the 4 with another play making wing. Or if Diaw was a starter. Putting the ball in Danny's hands at the top of the key happens way too much.

SAGirl
12-25-2015, 11:10 PM
It will be a problem against good defenses, when the game stays in the half court set mainly bc Danny struggles and tends to do too much. He will throw games away.

Only played 22 mins this game.

sasaint
12-25-2015, 11:17 PM

Meanwhile Simmons played very well in the first half, and he should have seen some time when Tony and Manu were stinking the place up.

HarlemHeat37
12-25-2015, 11:21 PM
They aren't changing the players that started at SG and were 2 of the top 6 guys on a title team just 18 months ago:lol..bringing in a SG that can play off the ball in the Spurs system and/or anchor a bench would be virtually impossible, anyways..

Mikeanaro
We don't put accents over our o's in America. sorry bruh.
You mean North America you dummy because in this part of America we use them.

HarlemHeat37
Meanwhile Simmons played very well in the first half, and he should have seen some time when Tony and Manu were stinking the place up.

Simmons was horrendous, defensively, as usual, despite playing vs. their poor bench..

steeledl
12-25-2015, 11:22 PM
You mean North America you dummy because in this part of America we use them.

The real America is the United States.... everyone else should specify.

Mikeanaro
12-25-2015, 11:23 PM
The real America is the United States.... everyone else should specify.
According to who? stop that murrica shit.

steeledl
12-25-2015, 11:25 PM
According to who? stop that murrica shit.

Spoken like a non American.

TDfan2007
12-26-2015, 01:12 AM
Tbh. Do you think this will be a problem going forward? Defense has looked good but as the Grizz of the past have showed us sometimes great D isn't enough. The offense looks so bad at times that it scares me.

From 2011-2013 Tony was the consistent "head of the snake" of the Spurs offense, but now he's taken on more of a Manu-like X-factor role. He and Danny are the biggest barometers for our success, mainly because you don't quite know what you'll get from them every night, but when they're both on we're damn near impossible to beat.

Danny looks toast mentally on the offensive end. He still hustles and plays solid D, but he's done offensively as far as I can tell. Tony should be fine. Beverly is an amazing PG defender and gives everyone fits. It doesn't help that his teammates decided to play like complete vaginas on the offensive end. Hard to make your teammates look good as a PG when they can't be bothered to remove their heads from their asses, tbh...

tl;dr: Tony will be fine, but Danny is now a major concern offensively.

UNT Eagles 2016
12-26-2015, 01:13 AM
Or lets just trot Kyle Anderson out there at the 2 this season and wish someone would pour bleach in our eyes.... that's an option I guess.

Or a certain female poster's tears.

Kawhitstorm
12-26-2015, 01:35 AM
The Thunder also start Andre Roberson. :lol

Clippers wings:lmao

Kawhitstorm
12-26-2015, 01:45 AM
Simmons was horrendous, defensively, as usual, despite playing vs. their poor bench..

It was Manu that fucked up guarding Terry & gave up 2 consecutive jumpers to Terry. Simmons was checking Brewer & drew a charge after hustling back on D following a brick from Patty. Pop proceeded to bench Simmons after Manu topped his defensive efforts by throwing the ball out of bounds. Maybe they were supposed to switch on the Terry's 2nd jumper but Manu was out of wack tonight.

Simmons was the only guy that was completing passes in the entire team & Patty/Manu/Diaw were the ones guilty of terrible defense amongst the bench crew.

Spurtacular
12-26-2015, 04:00 AM
The pretend Spurs fans trashing the latest struggling Spur; no surprises.

Pocho La Pantera
12-26-2015, 07:29 AM
:toast

Mnky
12-26-2015, 08:22 AM
Team is already championship calibur. One game does not define a team or season. The spurs destroyed the warriors last year but it was the warriors who won. There are many factors in winning a championship. You either are competitive or not. The spurs are competitive and can compete with any team. That's literally all you can ask for. With some good fortune, they stay healthy and continue to mesh well. They're considered by everyone to be the second best team in the NBA. When the other team is the champion, you're not going to get much better.

Pop will not sell out his gameplans during the season. He never has, and never will. They're winning and have a comfortable lead on 3rd. You put people in position to better themselves. He has consistently done it with Kawhi and he has benefited. He did it with d league players like green and Joseph and they have bemefitted. He knows how to groom young players, and that's giving them the opportunity to fail, to learn and become better.

The spurs title window has legit been open since Tim Duncan has been with the team, even after Tim lost the ability to carry a team. Pop knows what he's doing. Kawhi had these same struggles two years ago, fumbling possessions. Just this season he struggled with TOs before adapting. Coaching is not just winning, its Developing. I'll stick with the tried and true, and reality that we can not win every time, even if we were the best. The ball bounces for and against you.

You can't have an mvp at every position. Our SGs have played their part to the tune of 2nd best record wise. I'll take it.

cd98
12-26-2015, 08:43 AM
Don't have one.Not one that's good enough to be championship calibur team.Put all stops and trade for one.Worst shooting guard combo since Steve Smith was starting.

Spurs won a title with Danny Green so the premise of this thread is wrong from the outset.

Pocho La Pantera
12-26-2015, 08:50 AM
We don't put accents over our o's in America. sorry bruh. whó cárés?

bic50
12-26-2015, 09:08 AM

ViceCity86
12-26-2015, 04:29 PM
Spurs won a title with Danny Green so the premise of this thread is wrong from the outset.

Danny Green of last couple years,fluke 2013 Finals is long gone.
Expecting a great playoff run from Manu like 2014?

BillMc
12-26-2015, 04:40 PM
Team is already championship calibur. One game does not define a team or season. The spurs destroyed the warriors last year but it was the warriors who won. There are many factors in winning a championship. You either are competitive or not. The spurs are competitive and can compete with any team. That's literally all you can ask for. With some good fortune, they stay healthy and continue to mesh well. They're considered by everyone to be the second best team in the NBA. When the other team is the champion, you're not going to get much better.

Pop will not sell out his gameplans during the season. He never has, and never will. They're winning and have a comfortable lead on 3rd. You put people in position to better themselves. He has consistently done it with Kawhi and he has benefited. He did it with d league players like green and Joseph and they have bemefitted. He knows how to groom young players, and that's giving them the opportunity to fail, to learn and become better.

The spurs title window has legit been open since Tim Duncan has been with the team, even after Tim lost the ability to carry a team. Pop knows what he's doing. Kawhi had these same struggles two years ago, fumbling possessions. Just this season he struggled with TOs before adapting. Coaching is not just winning, its Developing. I'll stick with the tried and true, and reality that we can not win every time, even if we were the best. The ball bounces for and against you.

You can't have an mvp at every position. Our SGs have played their part to the tune of 2nd best record wise. I'll take it.
:toast

Mr Bones
12-26-2015, 04:43 PM

So many were away for the 7 game win streak, especially the one who dramatically "quit spurstalk." But immediately following a loss, they magically appear, explaining to Pop & RC how basketball actually works.

SAGirl
12-26-2015, 05:00 PM
So many were away for the 7 game win streak, especially the one who dramatically "quit spurstalk." But immediately following a loss, they magically appear, explaining to Pop & RC how basketball actually works.

This is true.

Some guys also shit on players even if the have a good game bc for whatever reason they wanted someone else to take more shots, or to play more or whatever. Spurs fans are divisive bunch.

Still it's part of fandom for me to follow the team and analyze what they and Pop are doing, much as we follow game adjustments, we like to follow season adjustments. I respect Mkny and such views, but I reserve my right to analyze and question. It's part of really following a sport actively.

KimmyGib
12-26-2015, 06:21 PM
Some of you seem to believe Danny's increased dribbling, passing, and driving this year is his own bad idea or something and not Pop's attempt to expand his offensive capabilities.

cd98
12-26-2015, 06:28 PM

Why not? Manu has been great all year. Runs in 2013 and 2014 weren't flukey. Those were great teams; and this one may be better than both. Green may turn this season around. I wouldn't overreact to one game. The Spurs have been the 2nd best team all year. Every team plays their A game against Spurs. No surprise the Rockets were ready to play and Spurs played horrid and lost by 4 points.

kaji157
12-26-2015, 07:19 PM
I missed big chunks of this.

Danny is a conundrum, you want him defensively, but when they force him to do too much he can't rise to the occasion.

Manu is great in his role but should not be saving the starting unit every time. More minutes of intense playtime will diminish the quality of his play.

I think Kyle should get the nod sometimes. He's great in half court offense TBH. The Grizzlies and Boston games he came in with clutch buckets... on both games saved possessions creating his own shot, made good defensive plays and did not TO over.

I agree, specially with the first unit where Green´s deficiencies are most noted.
Kyle doesn´t make many sense along Manu and Boris who ar our best playmakers by far. But with the first unit he has the opportunity to guard the worst of the other team´s SG or SF, because Kawhi will be guarding the best and is good enough to create his own shot and play on the flow of the starters which is way slower than the second unit and he can occasionally create for others.

100%duncan
12-26-2015, 08:09 PM

Fluke? He broke the franchise's record of 3s made in a season last season :lmao

sasaint
12-26-2015, 11:15 PM
I agree, specially with the first unit where Green´s deficiencies are most noted.
Kyle doesn´t make many sense along Manu and Boris who ar our best playmakers by far. But with the first unit he has the opportunity to guard the worst of the other team´s SG or SF, because Kawhi will be guarding the best and is good enough to create his own shot and play on the flow of the starters which is way slower than the second unit and he can occasionally create for others.

I like the analysis. Would probably be okay to swap Kyle and Danny against a few teams to experiment. But I doubt this would work against elite teams. Having Tony and Kyle on the floor to start games would give us two players we would need to hide on defense. Especially not good against the Warriors or the Wiz.

sasaint
12-26-2015, 11:16 PM
Fluke? He broke the franchise's record of 3s made in a season last season :lmao

:lol Yeah, this season is clearly the fluke. I just hope it doesn't last all season. :downspin:

Mnky
12-27-2015, 12:05 AM
I'd really like to see Tony or Tim, or even both, go to the bench. The starting unit has a bunch of ball dominant players, which is odd to me why They're pushing green so much, since it seems to be having a negative effect on his shot confidence.
Tony would be much better on the bench, where they often struggle to find someone who wants to shoot. When he decides to ISO several times in a row and take the ball from our two best players in Aldridge and Kawhi, we always struggle to put points up, as does our rhythm.
He really needs to develop his vision and passing, and become a true point guard. When he defers, the spurs always play better. Danny, I think still fits perfect with Kawhi on the wings. He allows Kawhi to be a star every night, as he doesn't take up space or ball time. A help defender, who can spot up and hussle on both ends makes Kawhis life easier.

SAGirl
12-27-2015, 12:27 AM
I like the analysis. Would probably be okay to swap Kyle and Danny against a few teams to experiment. But I doubt this would work against elite teams. Having Tony and Kyle on the floor to start games would give us two players we would need to hide on defense. Especially not good against the Warriors or the Wiz.
I think Kyle will hold his own for a few minutes defensively. He played both Wizards' games and did well. I think that was an experiment by Pop. Pop is still clearly experimenting with Kyle, even if he's not ready to help much this season, Pop is putting him in situations and letting him figure it out, the one thing he will go ballistic for is bad defense. For a few minutes Kyle will hold his own defensively.

The problem is shooting. Kyle has been ever the reluctant shooter. He's made the corner 3, but is reluctant to take them, and he doesn't have the green light to take 3 pt shots anywhere else (probably for a reason). Simmons is basically in the same boat in terms of shooting and the green light for only the corner spot. . . Neither guy is a perfect fit with the SL for the 3 pt shot reason, the spots and shots Danny takes are not good shots for these guys. Both are better playmaker options, but the shooting is not there.

I don't know if we'll see either guy in the postseason for that reason (like Cojo who lacked shooting was a problem in the postseason). They have to keep working on that shot.

SAGirl
12-27-2015, 12:37 AM
I'd really like to see Tony or Tim, or even both, go to the bench. The starting unit has a bunch of ball dominant players, which is odd to me why They're pushing green so much, since it seems to be having a negative effect on his shot confidence.
Tony would be much better on the bench, where they often struggle to find someone who wants to shoot. When he decides to ISO several times in a row and take the ball from our two best players in Aldridge and Kawhi, we always struggle to put points up, as does our rhythm.
He really needs to develop his vision and passing, and become a true point guard. When he defers, the spurs always play better. Danny, I think still fits perfect with Kawhi on the wings. He allows Kawhi to be a star every night, as he doesn't take up space or ball time. A help defender, who can spot up and hussle on both ends makes Kawhis life easier.
Tony had been having a string of terrific games, precisely picking his spots and his moments and saving all that energy for defense.
Pop will get on his ear to pass the ball.
There is a thread Apo started where he points to some observations about our lack of off the ball movement and some sets that when they break down end up in a Danny iso situation. :downspin:That should never, ever happen.
We have some systemic problems probably or guys are not executing what Pop wants and when plays break down inexplicably they end up in the worst possible outcome.

sasaint
12-27-2015, 12:39 AM

I have been advocating playing Tim with the second unit since the preseason. I firmly believe that is the answer, and that is the ultimate plan. But Tony is more problematic. The only other reliable PG on the roster is Manu (age 38). He could be a sort of token starter, but he cannot log those minutes. Simmons is not ready, and McCallum is unknown. Patty is not a true point guard, and he plays best alongside Manu. Unless we magically acquire a younger, system-ready PG, this is a real conundrum.

Mnky
12-27-2015, 01:14 AM
I have been advocating playing Tim with the second unit since the preseason. I firmly believe that is the answer, and that is the ultimate plan. But Tony is more problematic. The only other reliable PG on the roster is Manu (age 38). He could be a sort of token starter, but he cannot log those minutes. Simmons is not ready, and McCallum is unknown. Patty is not a true point guard, and he plays best alongside Manu. Unless we magically acquire a younger, system-ready PG, this is a real conundrum.

I find party would be fine with the first unit, as Kawhi and green can make up for his lack of size, and having the ball in Kawhi, Aldridge and Duncan's hands the whole time isn't a bad thing.

Duncan going to the second unit would help too with the ball sitting, as we have three dominant posters at the same time and the frontcourt is packed all the Time, but then you sorely miss his defense on other no. 1s against the talented bigs in the west.

Mnky
12-27-2015, 01:25 AM
Tony had been having a string of terrific games, precisely picking his spots and his moments and saving all that energy for defense.
Pop will get on his ear to pass the ball.
There is a thread Apo started where he points to some observations about our lack of off the ball movement and some sets that when they break down end up in a Danny iso situation. :downspin:That should never, ever happen.
We have some systemic problems probably or guys are not executing what Pop wants and when plays break down inexplicably they end up in the worst possible outcome.

He had been playing great by taking less than 10 shots and only taking high efficient shots. He had one game where he went off against the clips in the 4th and suddenly he thinks he's unstoppable again and starts shooting way more than we had before. He was almost at 10 shots at the half against Houston, and missed all of them, and it was against Houston PGs who are known for defense.

Our system is great, and is unstoppable really when people buy in. Like you said, they werent executing. I pointed out somewhere that Aldridge was wide open for easy layups against Houston several times, and Parker and Duncan and even ginobilli all have him garbage passes.

The breakdown has happened with Kawhi a lot, he is getting better, but you can tell when he gets tunnel vision, and he has that double team, he will force the issue. This isn't always a bad thing, but the rest of the team becomes stagnant when they move to their spot and they're open and he doesn't connect with the pass. Parker used to kill the Spurs with that. They cant keep moving as this will end up in them not being open. He has to utilize his vision better when running the offense. He did better in the Denver game, which I expect. He is a student of the game and always fixes what he did wrong last game.

SAGirl
12-27-2015, 01:38 AM
I find party would be fine with the first unit, as Kawhi and green can make up for his lack of size, and having the ball in Kawhi, Aldridge and Duncan's hands the whole time isn't a bad thing.

Duncan going to the second unit would help too with the ball sitting, as we have three dominant posters at the same time and the frontcourt is packed all the Time, but then you sorely miss his defense on other no. 1s against the talented bigs in the west.
It is not the lack of size on Patty (although that will be more of an issue than it is even with Tony).
Patty is really not a true PG. He's not a passer guy, he's at his core a shooter. He has tendencies to chuck the ball too much. It works when he's hot, but you can't run an offense that way, he won't be hot consistently and he has to get other guys shots and get them in their spots and what not.

Pop has been evolving Patty for life after Manu and has him running PnR, PnP and many other off the dribble plays. He can do the most basic of these, and will struggle TO when trapped, and also guys will get a lot of deflections off his passes bc he's so small and short-armed.

In essence, Patty is good where he is. When he plays in the SL, Pop plays him as a SG next to Tony, and that was really when Danny was stinking it up and Pop had Manu on minutes restrictions.

Agree that Simmons is not ready and even less is Kyle (who I have gotten the feeling Pop is really testing out for his potential in that area, which is puzzling to me, bc for all his 1 year in the D'league and SL, they really didn't get him ready to be a PG, and yet I have seen Pop let him run the show at times.)

Ray is even further down the totem pole from these two and is a real question mark at this point. Today, when everyone played, at one point Kyle was really, really struggling and Pop pulled him in favor of Ray. Ray's assignment lasted all of 1 minute before Pop could not tolerate it.

We should probably draft a PG this year.

Mnky
12-27-2015, 03:57 AM
It is not the lack of size on Patty (although that will be more of an issue than it is even with Tony).
Patty is really not a true PG. He's not a passer guy, he's at his core a shooter. He has tendencies to chuck the ball too much. It works when he's hot, but you can't run an offense that way, he won't be hot consistently and he has to get other guys shots and get them in their spots and what not.

Pop has been evolving Patty for life after Manu and has him running PnR, PnP and many other off the dribble plays. He can do the most basic of these, and will struggle TO when trapped, and also guys will get a lot of deflections off his passes bc he's so small and short-armed.

In essence, Patty is good where he is. When he plays in the SL, Pop plays him as a SG next to Tony, and that was really when Danny was stinking it up and Pop had Manu on minutes restrictions.

Agree that Simmons is not ready and even less is Kyle (who I have gotten the feeling Pop is really testing out for his potential in that area, which is puzzling to me, bc for all his 1 year in the D'league and SL, they really didn't get him ready to be a PG, and yet I have seen Pop let him run the show at times.)

Ray is even further down the totem pole from these two and is a real question mark at this point. Today, when everyone played, at one point Kyle was really, really struggling and Pop pulled him in favor of Ray. Ray's assignment lasted all of 1 minute before Pop could not tolerate it.

We should probably draft a PG this year.

I think Not having a true pg in the first unit is fine. Kawhis usage is going through the roof and we also have two great passers to run the offense through down low. Our offense is A motion offense, which you don't really need a true pg for. Patty can spot up with the best of em and would be a good bail out option who isn't scared to pull the trigger on the first unit. Parker and green pass up plenty of open looks to drive more often than they should, negating the play their teammate just made for them. Mills is small and that would help on offense as he I'd quick and opposing guards would have to chase him through screens much like Parker.

As far as the draft, who you looking at?
I love Trimble, but think he has played his way out of our reach. Maybe not too far to move up for tho if they like him. A George hill type prospect would be Gary Payton 2nd. Elite athleticism, great lateral movement on defense (of course) long reach and a good rebounder. He can't shoot, but that's never stopped Chip before. Those two I got my eyes on.

SAGirl
12-27-2015, 05:30 AM
I think Not having a true pg in the first unit is fine. Kawhis usage is going through the roof and we also have two great passers to run the offense through down low. Our offense is A motion offense, which you don't really need a true pg for. Patty can spot up with the best of em and would be a good bail out option who isn't scared to pull the trigger on the first unit. Parker and green pass up plenty of open looks to drive more often than they should, negating the play their teammate just made for them. Mills is small and that would help on offense as he I'd quick and opposing guards would have to chase him through screens much like Parker.

As far as the draft, who you looking at?
I love Trimble, but think he has played his way out of our reach. Maybe not too far to move up for tho if they like him. A George hill type prospect would be Gary Payton 2nd. Elite athleticism, great lateral movement on defense (of course) long reach and a good rebounder. He can't shoot, but that's never stopped Chip before. Those two I got my eyes on.

I think you have a point concerning Tony and it is valid, but Kawhi needs a second ballhandler. Its just the way it is in the NBA. Even now we have an issue bc Danny cannot really handle the basketball. He really "*ucks" up the offense bc he cannot keep the ball moving or make plays unless he's wide open. Despite the "spacing" he provides, he makes us predictable and easier to defend bc he doesn't react well to an aggressive close out. You can't compound that situation having a shooter such as Patty as your main PG, someone who is less dynamic off the dribble.

Even Lebron had someone else in his championship seasons in Wade, who could get his own shots, set others up, and handle the basketball under pressure so yea, they spotted up Mario Chalmers, but Danny is not even on Mario Chalmers' level handling the basketball, and Patty cannot handle pressure or traps well and is no more a PG than Tony.

Bottom line, we just need Tony to play well in his role, and he had been doing so. I totally get your frustration with Tony. I also want him to be a better game manager, recognize mismatches, the hot hand, get other guys in their spots and then just pick his spots and his moments. He had been doing well. Lately he has started to get aggressive with the corner 3 and that is a good sign as it means others are making plays and he's allowed to defer a little and make them pay if they help off him.

As far as the draft, I like Payton, specially bc we lack a defensive specialist at PG this season and I like guys who don't bring cumulative things. My only concern are Simmons and Anderson not being true shooters. Patty is a pure shooter, but if he's out for some time, what are we doing? We will have to see how Simmons in particular shoots the basketball and what we are doing in the playoffs.

Obstructed_View
12-27-2015, 05:49 AM
It will be a problem against good defenses,

Despite what PJ said repeatedly, Houston is not a good defense. Good shots rimming out does not = good defense at all. The Spurs missed more chip shots than I've seen in any other game this year. The Spurs just missed shots against Houston and gave up a few too many to their scrubs.

Mnky
12-27-2015, 08:59 AM
I think you have a point concerning Tony and it is valid, but Kawhi needs a second ballhandler. Its just the way it is in the NBA. Even now we have an issue bc Danny cannot really handle the basketball. He really "*ucks" up the offense bc he cannot keep the ball moving or make plays unless he's wide open. Despite the "spacing" he provides, he makes us predictable and easier to defend bc he doesn't react well to an aggressive close out. You can't compound that situation having a shooter such as Patty as your main PG, someone who is less dynamic off the dribble.

Even Lebron had someone else in his championship seasons in Wade, who could get his own shots, set others up, and handle the basketball under pressure so yea, they spotted up Mario Chalmers, but Danny is not even on Mario Chalmers' level handling the basketball, and Patty cannot handle pressure or traps well and is no more a PG than Tony.

Bottom line, we just need Tony to play well in his role, and he had been doing so. I totally get your frustration with Tony. I also want him to be a better game manager, recognize mismatches, the hot hand, get other guys in their spots and then just pick his spots and his moments. He had been doing well. Lately he has started to get aggressive with the corner 3 and that is a good sign as it means others are making plays and he's allowed to defer a little and make them pay if they help off him.

As far as the draft, I like Payton, specially bc we lack a defensive specialist at PG this season and I like guys who don't bring cumulative things. My only concern are Simmons and Anderson not being true shooters. Patty is a pure shooter, but if he's out for some time, what are we doing? We will have to see how Simmons in particular shoots the basketball and what we are doing in the playoffs.

I'm not frustrated with Tony at all. im just entertaining the conversatuons. Tonys ability to get to the rim opens things up for all the first unit. He just needs to learn to distribute better, which he is showing growth. He also is making great strides on defense this year thanks to Pop sitting him early in the season every time he missed an assignment. If the warriors weren't breaking records themselves, everyone would be talking about all the records the spurs are breaking, and we haven't even got our rotations all tinkered out yet. Pop is still trying new things. I'm excited about this team and rooting for them.

Simmons has been shooting much more confidently lately Which is great to see. I have a lot of faith in Anderson tbh. He is in some of the best defensive units for the spurs statisticly so far, even though people harp on him. He also consistently gets his shot off with ease and I haven't really seen him miss a lot. Pop has been hard on him, which he usually only is when he sees something in a player, and refuses to accept mediocrity. Anderson, like Kawhi did, has consistently improved in all the facets he has been asked too. Just because he is not an over night mvp, which Kawhi wasn't either, people want to move on. If he doesn't pan out, he doesn't, but it won't be because what he has shown. He has shown the ability to play at the nba level efficiently, and has gotten better since day one.

Chinook
12-27-2015, 09:21 AM
Green's actually been playing well since Pop embarrassed him a couple of weeks ago. ST has been slow to catch up, and his teammates haven't realized it yet. But I think he's through his main slump.

SouthernFried
12-27-2015, 10:20 AM
I like Green's hustle and competitiveness. He seems aware of what has been going on with his shooting, and has been doing other things like notching up his D and going for more boards, including the offensive end. Dunno what his stats are, but on the court, he's very active and aggressive. Which is what you need to be if your shot isn't going. I just like his attitude. He knows what it takes to be a winner. That is one of the most underrated intangibles out there.

And something I've not seen in Aldridge...yet.

If I saw the hustle and competitiveness of Danny Green, in LMA...I'd be very, very happy.

Mr Bones
12-27-2015, 02:24 PM

I've always thought having a traditional PG was overrated, too-- the 72 win Bulls started 2 SGs in the back court and had their SF primarily initiate the offense. The problem for the Spurs is Danny is not a reliable ball-handler. I'd love to see Kawhi keep growing in that capacity... But, yeah, Kawhi & Patty splitting the job of bringing the ball up court would be an interesting experiment. I just wonder if, come playoff time, quality teams wouldn't be able to use that against the Spurs... I imagine that's Pop's concern.

SpursBig3s
12-27-2015, 05:37 PM
I like Green's hustle and competitiveness. He seems aware of what has been going on with his shooting, and has been doing other things like notching up his D and going for more boards, including the offensive end. Dunno what his stats are, but on the court, he's very active and aggressive. Which is what you need to be if your shot isn't going. I just like his attitude. He knows what it takes to be a winner. That is one of the most underrated intangibles out there.

And something I've not seen in Aldridge...yet.

If I saw the hustle and competitiveness of Danny Green, in LMA...I'd be very, very happy.

I mostly agree with this, but Aldridge has made noticeable strides in this intangible. Everyone has been surprised and pleased by his willingness to defend and play defense and he crashes the boards almost every possession. Sure, he has more room to grow regarding this aspect, but it's apparent that our culture and mindset is rubbing off on him in a positive way

SAGirl
12-27-2015, 06:23 PM
I'm not frustrated with Tony at all. im just entertaining the conversatuons. Tonys ability to get to the rim opens things up for all the first unit. He just needs to learn to distribute better, which he is showing growth. He also is making great strides on defense this year thanks to Pop sitting him early in the season every time he missed an assignment. If the warriors weren't breaking records themselves, everyone would be talking about all the records the spurs are breaking, and we haven't even got our rotations all tinkered out yet. Pop is still trying new things. I'm excited about this team and rooting for them.

Simmons has been shooting much more confidently lately Which is great to see. I have a lot of faith in Anderson tbh. He is in some of the best defensive units for the spurs statisticly so far, even though people harp on him. He also consistently gets his shot off with ease and I haven't really seen him miss a lot. Pop has been hard on him, which he usually only is when he sees something in a player, and refuses to accept mediocrity. Anderson, like Kawhi did, has consistently improved in all the facets he has been asked too. Just because he is not an over night mvp, which Kawhi wasn't either, people want to move on. If he doesn't pan out, he doesn't, but it won't be because what he has shown. He has shown the ability to play at the nba level efficiently, and has gotten better since day one.
:bobo

Very good points good sir!
Thanks for sharing.

skulls138
12-27-2015, 06:34 PM
Yeah I was thinking Pop was favoring Simmons over KA but now I think he plays them in streaks allowing them to get good minutes successively to allow them to learn the system, to fail and learn from their mistakes. KAs game against Minnesota showed he can still bring it when given the chance

SAGirl
12-28-2015, 12:17 AM
Yeah I was thinking Pop was favoring Simmons over KA but now I think he plays them in streaks allowing them to get good minutes successively to allow them to learn the system, to fail and learn from their mistakes. KAs game against Minnesota showed he can still bring it when given the chance

Not only that, to be objective, Kyle's game is less developed. He was too hesitant and passive, scared of messing up or taking bad shots, a sign of a young player who still doesn't have much confidence in himself at this level. It didn't help that Pop expected perfection. I think part of Simmons getting bumped up on the rotation is a testament to Simmons being more ready to contribute right away, but its also better for Kyle to let him play a bit freer against lesser competition. To really discover what he can do at this level, you have to give him some leash (which Pop wasn't giving him against tough teams), and he will occasionally mess up. Pop can't afford him messing up against playoff teams.

This is the risk with truly young players who are still finding their games, they will be up and down and not consistent. There is no tried and true for a newbie. What you want to see is good flashes and he has given them.

sasaint
12-28-2015, 12:37 AM

I think Pop is also fast tracking Simmons because he has a skill set that better suits him to spell Manu and help keep him fresher for the playoffs. Plus, at this point he seems to have the potential to hit the 3-ball more consistently than Kyle - at least from the corner.

Mnky
12-28-2015, 01:36 AM
I've always thought having a traditional PG was overrated, too-- the 72 win Bulls started 2 SGs in the back court and had their SF primarily initiate the offense. The problem for the Spurs is Danny is not a reliable ball-handler. I'd love to see Kawhi keep growing in that capacity... But, yeah, Kawhi & Patty splitting the job of bringing the ball up court would be an interesting experiment. I just wonder if, come playoff time, quality teams wouldn't be able to use that against the Spurs... I imagine that's Pop's concern.

Patty does fine with Manu and Boris. Kawhi would handle the ball even ore than Manu does, and both Lamarcus and Duncan are able to set their teammates up from the post like Boris. I think against certain teams it would be nice to let Kawhi go off. He has moments where every shot he takes looks good, during these periods, it would be good for him to constantly have the ball and not let that fire dimmer.
Like you mentioned with the bulls, two other ball dominant players helped carry the load. I wonder if Duncan and Aldridge could do that from the post and top of the key, while Kawhi did his thing from the wings. Then you have green and patty waitting for their spot up or running around for the backdoor layup.

Like you said, it would definitely be more of a matchup lineup, but I bet it'd be fun to watch Kawhi lead a unit.

SAGirl
12-28-2015, 01:41 AM
Patty does fine with Manu and Boris. Kawhi would handle the ball even ore than Manu does, and both Lamarcus and Duncan are able to set their teammates up from the post like Boris. I think against certain teams it would be nice to let Kawhi go off. He has moments where every shot he takes looks good, during these periods, it would be good for him to constantly have the ball and not let that fire dimmer.
Like you mentioned with the bulls, two other ball dominant players helped carry the load. I wonder if Duncan and Aldridge could do that from the post and top of the key, while Kawhi did his thing from the wings. Then you have green and patty waitting for their spot up or running around for the backdoor layup.

Like you said, it would definitely be more of a matchup lineup, but I bet it'd be fun to watch Kawhi lead a unit.
I think we saw that in an early season game against Denver.

Kawhi dominated in every facet.

Obviously you can't play like that against elite teams.

No one single player will completely dominate unless you want our offense to look like Harden's Rockets... please no.

Mnky
12-28-2015, 01:45 AM
I think we saw that in an early season game against Denver.

Kawhi dominated in every facet.

Obviously you can't play like that against elite teams.

No one single player will completely dominate unless you want our offense to look like Harden's Rockets... please no.

Dominate, as in be the primary play maker ala Manu with the second unit. I'll never advocate for a James Harden ... :lol

SAGirl
12-28-2015, 01:56 AM
Dominate, as in be the primary play maker ala Manu with the second unit. I'll never advocate for a James Harden ... :lol
He's very much a scorer... but these Denver games the past one, and one in November where the old vets sat it out, its as close to an absolute domination, in all respects and he did set others up really well. He won't make passes like Manu bc that is not his style, (Manu is really unique, can't be copied fully I think) but he still sets others up well when he has a mind to do it.

Kawhitstorm
12-28-2015, 02:09 AM
Green's actually been playing well since Pop embarrassed him a couple of weeks ago. ST has been slow to catch up, and his teammates haven't realized it yet. But I think he's through his main slump.

I thought he had put his ugly start behind him before his Shaqtin'-A-Fool worthy fastbreak:lol & him hitting the side of the backboard on a wide open corner 3:lmao against the Nuggets. The LMA/Danny two man game was also as ugly as ever: turnover/shotclock violation.:lol

Mr Bones
12-28-2015, 08:15 AM
Last year, one player I watched a lot was Khris Middleton... he went from being a second round draft pick/bench player to a starter with surprisingly good all around numbers. One of the players I've been especially keeping an eye on this year is Nick Batum. After a bad year last season, he's had a bounce back year with Charlotte. His all around numbers are also pretty good-- 16.3 ppg, 4.9 apg, & 6.6 rpg. He's a free agent next summer and obviously has a bunch of ties to the Spurs: he was teammates with Aldridge & Mills in Portland, and on the French National team with Boris & Tony.

Chinook
12-28-2015, 08:48 AM
I thought he had put his ugly start behind him before his Shaqtin'-A-Fool worthy fastbreak:lol & him hitting the side of the backboard on a wide open corner 3:lmao against the Nuggets. The LMA/Danny two man game was also as ugly as ever: turnover/shotclock violation.:lol

The fast-break was really bad. The three wasn't. He shot that ball from behind the backboard because Parker made a bad pass. It's a miracle when those shots even catch iron when you think about the physics involved.

Anyways, if you think Danny being back means he doesn't make some atrocious offensive plays, you don't remember Green. But he was defending the way he was supposed to and hitting the threes he took at a decent rate. He hasn't had the unstoppable games that boost his numbers into elite territory yet, but he's back to his average level of play.

Mel_13
12-28-2015, 09:39 AM
Last year, one player I watched a lot was Khris Middleton... he went from being a second round draft pick/bench player to a starter with surprisingly good all around numbers. One of the players I've been especially keeping an eye on this year is Nick Batum. After a bad year last season, he's had a bounce back year with Charlotte. His all around numbers are also pretty good-- 16.3 ppg, 4.9 apg, & 6.6 rpg. He's a free agent next summer and obviously has a bunch of ties to the Spurs: he was teammates with Aldridge & Mills in Portland, and on the French National team with Boris & Tony.

As far as this sort of thing goes, it can be imagined more easily than most. In addition to everything in your post, a S&T featuring Green would send Danny back to North Carolina.

ceperez
12-28-2015, 10:34 AM

I'm actually surprised with Batum's performance. He got dumped by Portland and sort of expected that his play would decline having been traded to a non-contending team in the east. The Spurs appeared to have wanted to draft him and he has always indicated wanting to be with the Spurs. His tweet about LMA going to the Spurs and him going to Charlotte just says it all about his frustration.

I however don't think there's cap room to sign Batum with Aldridge as an albatross on the salary cap.

Kawhitstorm
12-28-2015, 01:08 PM
The fast-break was really bad. The three wasn't. He shot that ball from behind the backboard because Parker made a bad pass. It's a miracle when those shots even catch iron when you think about the physics involved.

It was difficult to see from the camera angle to definitely tell but there was 13 second left on the shot clock so why would he jack up a 3 IF he was behind the backboard in the 1st place? :lmao

Kawhitstorm
12-28-2015, 01:15 PM
I'm actually surprised with Batum's performance. He got dumped by Portland and sort of expected that his play would decline having been traded to a non-contending team in the east. The Spurs appeared to have wanted to draft him and he has always indicated wanting to be with the Spurs. His tweet about LMA going to the Spurs and him going to Charlotte just says it all about his frustration.

I however don't think there's cap room to sign Batum with Aldridge as an albatross on the salary cap.

Batum was injured last season & suffering like Porker.:lol The only way the Spurs acquire Batum via a sign-&-trade for Danny but I don't see why the Hornets would make that deal considering they already have another offensively incompetent wing defender in MKG & Batum is the same age/better than Danny.:lol Maybe Danny being from North Carolina & part of the Jordan brand might sway Jordan to make that deal.:lol

Chinook
12-28-2015, 01:20 PM
It was difficult to see from the camera angle to definitely tell but there was 13 second left on the shot clock so why would he jack up a 3 IF he was behind the backboard in the 1st place? :lmao

I think he got excited. They had fouled on his previous attempt, which he drained after the whistle. And did you really want him holding the ball while trapped in the corner? I mean, that would probably have turned out worse than that play in the Houston game.

Kawhitstorm
12-28-2015, 01:23 PM
I think he got excited. They had fouled on his previous attempt, which he drained after the whistle. And did you really want him holding the ball while trapped in the corner? I mean, that would probably have turned out worse than that play in the Houston game.

Ever heard of swinging the ball?:lol Something Danny rarely does now-a-days b/c he's working on his driving game.:downspin: He turned down a drive when a defender was running at him & swung the ball once last game which resulted in a wide open 3 for Kawhi.:wakeup

Chinook
12-28-2015, 01:32 PM
Ever heard of swinging the ball?:lol Something Danny rarely does now-a-days b/c he's working on his driving game.:downspin: He turned down a drive when a defender was running at him & swung the ball once last game which resulted in a wide open 3 for Kawhi.:wakeup

How often do you see people swing the ball FROM the short corner? Think about it for a second. It's very rare, especially deep in the corner. You just don't have the passing angle. I mean, maybe Green should have tried, but he wasn't really put in a good position.

Kawhitstorm
12-28-2015, 01:55 PM
How often do you see people swing the ball FROM the short corner? Think about it for a second. It's very rare, especially deep in the corner. You just don't have the passing angle. I mean, maybe Green should have tried, but he wasn't really put in a good position.

He had TWO Option but Danny as ALWAYS panics & has a brain fart when he forced to make a decision.:lol
-take one dribble to the side & shoot:wakeup
-How often do you see people swing the ball FROM the short corner? Fathead says "Hi" TWICE on one play::lol
http://i.imgbox.com/k3Mmlwde.gif

(http://i.imgbox.com/k3Mmlwde.gif) Chinook: Do you have any more excuses?:lol (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=37557)

(http://i.imgbox.com/k3Mmlwde.gif)

Chinook
12-28-2015, 02:25 PM
He had TWO Option but Danny as ALWAYS panics & has a brain fart when he forced to make a decision.:lol
-take one dribble to the side & shoot:wakeup
-How often do you see people swing the ball FROM the short corner? Fathead says "Hi" TWICE on one play::lol
http://i.imgbox.com/k3Mmlwde.gif

(http://i.imgbox.com/k3Mmlwde.gif) Chinook: Do you have any more excuses?:lol (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=37557)

(http://i.imgbox.com/k3Mmlwde.gif)

Pretty sure the short corner with no pressure is a different situation from the deep corner with a man in your face, but whatever.

Chinook
12-28-2015, 02:30 PM
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/assets/3902227/Screenshot_2014-01-23_14.27.29.jpgDo you see the obvious pass in this situation? He has five and one ideally, but all five's man has to do is face-guard him, and then it's an instant double with Danny's man, pinning Green against the corner.

First, you wanted to say that Green missed an easy corner-three. Then, when you saw that it was a pretty impossible angle wanted to blame him for not passing. Then, you saw the passing angle wasn't there, you wanted to pretend like standing about six feet closer to the rim facing no pressure and having your feet set was the same thing. Did I get that right?

dabom
12-28-2015, 02:30 PM
Pretty sure the short corner with no pressure is a different situation from the deep corner with a man in your face, but whatever.

KA was 1 foot away from the baseline.

Chinook
12-28-2015, 02:32 PM
KA was 1 foot away from the baseline.

You have a very interesting definition of a foot

Kawhitstorm
12-28-2015, 02:37 PM

If Danny ever learned the existence of a touch pass & had any sort of court vision maybe he won't need 5 seconds to read the floor before making a pass.:lol Marco used to do it all the time when he wasn't stepping in for a long SWISH & Gary Neal had the sidestepping 3.:wakeup

Mr Bones
12-28-2015, 02:37 PM
The only way the Spurs acquire Batum via a sign-&-trade for Danny but I don't see why the Hornets would make that deal considering they already have another offensively incompetent wing defender in MKG & Batum is the same age/better than Danny.:lol Maybe Danny being from North Carolina & part of the Jordan brand might sway Jordan to make that deal.:lol

True, but another option would be trading Green & maybe another piece for a viable back up player to a team with cap room, creating space to sign Batum. I'm not advocating this (yet), but it's definitely interesting. Batum, in theory, could log minutes at SF, SG, and PG. A Batum/Mills back court is viable in a way that a Green/Mills back court isn't, due to Batum's ability to handle the ball & pass. He's no prime Ginobili, but he's in that mold.

sasaint
12-28-2015, 02:39 PM
Batum was injured last season & suffering like Porker.:lol The only way the Spurs acquire Batum via a sign-&-trade for Danny but I don't see why the Hornets would make that deal considering they already have another offensively incompetent wing defender in MKG & Batum is the same age/better than Danny.:lol Maybe Danny being from North Carolina & part of the Jordan brand might sway Jordan to make that deal.:lol

The primary motivation for Charlotte is fear of losing Batum in free agency next summer without any compensation. But on our side, I think Danny is a Spur until he decides to move on. (I think he is one of Pop's faves, hence his attempts to make him a "more complete player" this year.) Danny signed a contract that was widely perceived to be below market to stay with the Spurs. Hard to see our dealing him less than 6 months later. Fairly similar to the DWest deal, but not quite as absolute an immunity.

Kawhitstorm
12-28-2015, 02:40 PM
True, but another option would be trading Green & maybe another piece for a viable back up player to a team with cap room, creating space to sign Batum. I'm not advocating this (yet), but it's definitely interesting. Batum, in theory, could log minutes at SF, SG, and PG. A Batum/Mills back court is viable in a way that a Green/Mills back court isn't, due to Batum's ability to handle the ball & pass. He's no prime Ginobili, but he's in that mold.

If Pop traded George Hill then it is possible he would trade Danny if he doesn't figure out how to play w/ LMA & Batum isn't asking for a MAX contract.:lol If Porker could pull it off then he would be all forgiven on ST.:lol

I'm not opposed to trading Danny for George Hill, tbh.:lol

Chinook
12-28-2015, 02:41 PM
If Danny ever learned the existence of a touch pass & had any sort of court vision maybe he won't need 5 seconds to read the floor before making a pass.:lol Marco used to do it all the time when he wasn't stepping in for a long SWISH & Gary Neal had the sidestepping 3.:wakeup

I don't get how that means that he had an easy pass or even a driving lane.

Kawhitstorm
12-28-2015, 02:45 PM
I don't get how that means that he had an easy pass or even a driving lane.

The worst option was shooting the ball from behind the backboard while wide open w/ 13 seconds on the shot-clock & that's what he chose to do out of sheer panic.:lol

Chinook
12-28-2015, 02:48 PM
The worst option was shooting the ball from behind the backboard while wide open w/ 13 seconds on the shot-clock & that's what he chose to do out of sheer panic.:lol

He wasn't wide open. That's the entire point of the discourse. Anderson in your gif is wide open, with his feet set, and in a makeable scoring position. If Green had the ball in those situations (especially the second one), that's a shot or at least a drive and dish.

Kawhitstorm
12-28-2015, 02:53 PM
He wasn't wide open. That's the entire point of the discourse. Anderson in your gif is wide open, with his feet set, and in a makeable scoring position. If Green had the ball in those situations (especially the second one), that's a shot or at least a drive and dish.

So far this season, it would have been a brick or a drive & turnover:lmao. Fathead knows his limitation & has the Bball IQ to make the right play; even Simmons has a better offense Bball IQ than Danny.:toast

Besides, Danny was wide open when he caught the pass so it wasn't like he was cornered & had a defender pressuring him. Although he would have been trapped if he decided to hold the ball & asses the floor for 5 seconds b/c of his lack of floor vision.:lol Pop should put him in a drill where he has to swing the ball EVERY time w/ a defender running at him (no shooting allowed) b/c dude clearly doesn't know where his teammates are until he catches the ball.:lol He could also work on his sidestep 3s (since you are anti-long 2s:lol) although I've seen him do it a couple of times; much better than his kamikaze drives which end up in a jump pass being intercepted.:lol

dabom
12-28-2015, 03:01 PM
So far this season, it would have been a brick or a drive & turnover:lmao. Fathead knows his limitation & has the Bball IQ to make the right play; even Simmons has a better offense Bball IQ than Danny.:toast

Besides, Danny was wide open when he caught the pass so it wasn't like he was cornered & had a defender pressuring him. Although he would have been trapped if he decided to hold the ball & asses the floor for 5 seconds b/c of his lack of floor vision.:lol Pop should put him in a drill where he has to swing the ball EVERY time w/ a defender running at him (no shooting allowed) b/c dude clearly doesn't know where his teammates are until he catches the ball.:lol He could also work on his sidestep 3s although I've seen him do it a couple of times; much better than his kamikaze drives which end up in a jump pass being intercepted.:lol

Dude has really bad tunnel vision. :lol

Kawhitstorm
12-28-2015, 03:06 PM
Dude has really bad tunnel vision. :lol

He's a willing passer (as evident by his turnovers:lol) but he panics & ball watches on offense instead of observing where all the chess pieces are on the court.

dabom
12-28-2015, 03:11 PM
He's a willing passer (as evident by his turnovers:lol) but he panics & ball watches on offense instead of observing where all the chess pieces are on the court.
The Iceman needs to give him some fucking pointers. :lol

Mr Bones
12-28-2015, 03:19 PM
I think Pop has really challenged both Green & Kawhi to expand their games this year. Kawhi has responded well, but unfortunately Green hasn't. At some point in the second half of the season, I could see Pop having Green go back to being a primarily 3 & D guy. I applaud the experiment, whether it works or not... it was worth the effort even if it ultimately doesn't pan out...

Kawhitstorm
12-28-2015, 05:16 PM
I think Pop has really challenged both Green & Kawhi to expand their games this year. Kawhi has responded well, but unfortunately Green hasn't. At some point in the second half of the season, I could see Pop having Green go back to being a primarily 3 & D guy. I applaud the experiment, whether it works or not... it was worth the effort even if it ultimately doesn't pan out...

Pop badly wants the LMA/Danny PnR to be a thing after he saw how Wes Matthews had success, except he's trying to make lasagna w/ spaghetti. Close but not quite the same.:lol

ceperez
12-28-2015, 06:59 PM
Here's your shooting guard:

tholdren
12-28-2015, 10:13 PM
danny green is terrible, but his contract is ok. Time to bring in Kevin Martin