PDA

View Full Version : Make Your Move...

coachmac87
12-26-2015, 09:38 AM
Since the sky is falling after each loss...what realistic move would you do?

Or if you're not a cliff jumper but would like to see something what would it be?

Real takes

MultiTroll
12-26-2015, 10:06 AM
More BoBan.
Has played solidly, even if it is garbage time.

Unless there is some medical reason, wtf is he doing restricted to every 3rd game for 3 minutes?

Kikoluna
12-26-2015, 10:12 AM
Maybe more simmons. Guy is solid. When it matters, inserting patty over parker, that though is a dream though. Pop will ride chubbs till the end.

BD24
12-26-2015, 11:17 AM
More BoBan.

Unless there is some medical reason, wtf is he doing restricted to every 3rd game for 3 minutes?

AFBlue
12-26-2015, 11:24 AM
Less Bobo/West combo. If that means more Boban then I'm all for it, but it could simply be less of those two together in favor of more time with at least Duncan or Aldridge on the floor.

LongtimeSpursFan
12-26-2015, 11:42 AM
Leave everything as is. Shit happens sometimes. No need to over react.

AFBlue
12-26-2015, 11:52 AM

I honestly don't think the takes so far are an overreaction to one game. Over the course of the early season we've seen positive contributions from Boban and Simmons, so it's a natural reaction to want more time for them on the court. Honestly, I think both players will eventually find their way into the regular rotation as the season progresses.

Spur|n|Austin
12-26-2015, 12:20 PM

Kuvai
12-26-2015, 12:30 PM
Dont worry guys..

The year we rang IN 2014, we pretty much lost against all good teams until ALL STAR..

kaji157
12-26-2015, 12:41 PM
I think the best move right now is to stay OFF Spurstalk after a loss.

Specially if Tony Parker didnīt do particularly well.

After a few days the team will continue to play well and the meltdown is controlled.

coachmac87
12-26-2015, 12:45 PM
I agree. This is just for the cliff jumpers to have something to speak with an actual way to fix "their" issue with the team

Best bet is to stay pat and look for buy out players

BD24
12-26-2015, 01:18 PM
I agree. This is just for the cliff jumpers to have something to speak with an actual way to fix "their" issue with the team

Best bet is to stay pat and look for buy out players
Not sure if their is any room in the rotation for buy out players. Definitely not in the frontcourt. Maybe if we can find a good backup wing though.

ChumpDumper
12-26-2015, 01:27 PM
Lost by four. Not time to blow things up.

steeledl
12-26-2015, 01:58 PM
More minutes for simmons to develop . Rest manu for extended periods of time (2 weeks on 2 off or something of the sort).

other than that... Stay pretty pat. We are in this for the long haul. I doubt a real viable trade opportunity becomes available for us this season so we just have to do with what we have.

palangi
12-26-2015, 02:38 PM
What about trading Ray mccallum and an overseas guy for spencer dinwiddie? A 6'5" PG. can send this year as the third PG learning. Only 22 years old, could be future at PG.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Spencer-Dinwiddie-41168/

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lsJqCu7T0YI

he isn't getting much time sitting begind Reggie Jackson, Steve Blake, and Jennings coming back now.

daslicer
12-26-2015, 02:42 PM
More BoBan.

That's how Pop usually always brings along young projects. He likes to test their mental toughness by playing them sparingly.

RD2191
12-26-2015, 02:43 PM
I just want to see an offensive identity. The defense has and will be there most nights but the offense is a shitfest. It's like Pop isn't even running a system and it changes from game to game. I mean either let Kawhi be the man or fuck off Pop. He wants Kawhi to take over and be the team leader yet there's times when Kawhi doesn't see the ball for 5-6 possessions in a row.

SPURt
12-26-2015, 02:48 PM
I just want Danny Green to play to his offensive average again.

steeledl
12-26-2015, 02:58 PM
I just want Danny Green to play to his offensive average again.

This would be nice.....

K...
12-26-2015, 03:41 PM
What about not playing on Christmas? I'd also like the nba to tell teams not to go all out in the regular season. As a slacker I don't like seeing people give 100%. Also road games suck.

SAGirl
12-26-2015, 04:30 PM
Since the sky is falling after each loss...what realistic move would you do?

Or if you're not a cliff jumper but would like to see something what would it be?

Real takes

More Anderson and Boban. Boban against bugs that are just clowning our bench bigs. Lengthen the rotation a bit to allow Kawhi to save energy to close out games. 40 mins a game with all that he does leaves him lacking energy when he really needs to do the most. Manu too many minutes. POP still wavering between Anderson and Simmons and will likely continue bc both guys are playing well and are being developed fir the future. But whoever Pop goes with, we need mire than 8 mins from him.

At least 12-15 mins to spare Kawhi and Manu so they can close this out. Ideally Danny could have picked up those additional 5-7 minutes, but he had been awful.

When Tony struggles we will struggle. Tony wasn't setting up our big s well and they struggled. To top it off his shot was poor. Maybe it was time to go away from Tony for this game. Make a real game adjustment.

SAGirl
12-26-2015, 04:45 PM
What about trading Ray mccallum and an overseas guy for spencer dinwiddie? A 6'5" PG. can send this year as the third PG learning. Only 22 years old, could be future at PG.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Spencer-Dinwiddie-41168/

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lsJqCu7T0YI

he isn't getting much time sitting begind Reggie Jackson, Steve Blake, and Jennings coming back now.

I would take him. B4 he was injured his last season in college he had been tremendous with great potential to have been the best PG prospect the year he was drafted. The injury affected him, when he returned from it his numbers across the board declined and he's had a rough time getting playing time behind Reggie and Jennings last season. He has defensive upside, size. I don't think Detroit would want Mccallum and don't know that we have anyone they would want.

People might say Anderson, but do we know Detroit cares for Anderson really? Spurs might nit want to give up Anderson either. They got Anderson 30 in the same draft Dinwiddie went 38.

FromWayDowntown
12-26-2015, 04:50 PM
Lost by four. Not time to blow things up.

But they've lost 6 of 31 games so far. Who would think that is acceptable?

steeledl
12-26-2015, 04:50 PM
People might say Anderson, but do we know Detroit cares for Anderson really? Spurs might nit want to give up Anderson either. They got Anderson 30 in the same draft Dinwiddie went 38.

sunk cost.

YGWHI
12-26-2015, 05:15 PM
Just exploit the favorable matchups.

LMA was guarded by Dudley in Washington and the Spurs didn't give him the ball, Harden was defending Kawhi during 8 minutes in the 3rd quarter and the Spurs ignored Kawhi...The same with Neto guarding him, Sessions, Beal, this season the list is extensive.

We have players who can create mismatches but no one exploits them.

T_L_P
12-26-2015, 05:17 PM
Dont worry guys..

The year we rang IN 2014, we pretty much lost against all good teams until ALL STAR..

And then we got taken to 7 games against the 8th seed.

Let's not act like we were the 01 Lakers come Playoff time. Losing against the good teams is a problem, and we seem to be good at doing that this season.

SAGirl
12-26-2015, 05:51 PM
Just exploit the favorable matchups.

LMA was guarded by Dudley in Washington and the Spurs didn't give him the ball, Harden was defending Kawhi during 8 minutes in the 3rd quarter and the Spurs ignored Kawhi...The same with Neto guarding him, Sessions, Beal, this season the list is extensive.

We have players who can create mismatches but no one exploits them.

I wonder if that is being emphasized by Pop this season. I agree with you in that too often there are mismatches particularly in the first unit that go unexploited. That is on Tony as game manager, but also the player with the mismatch needs to be aggressive and ask fir the ball after grabbing position.

Boris ND Manu are really smart and sometimes even without a mismatch, they screen and move to create it and as soon as it happens they go to it. Really high IQ players, they don't need Pop's prompting fir that. First unit is not playing smart offensive basketball.

wildcardX
12-26-2015, 06:27 PM
And then we got taken to 7 games against the 8th seed.

Let's not act like we were the 01 Lakers come Playoff time. Losing against the good teams is a problem, and we seem to be good at doing that this season.

I don't think it's a problem. Except for the Pelicans game, the Spurs have only lost by 3-4 points to teams. Small factors like if Danny Green was not in a scoring slump, the Spurs could very well have the same record as Golden State right now.