12-29-2015, 01:23 PM
Eh, OP thinks Jimmer would be better.

tholdren
12-29-2015, 09:24 PM
Jimmer's corpse would be better

daslicer
12-29-2015, 09:26 PM
He's still good at defense that's why he's still getting minutes.

Spurtacular
12-30-2015, 06:48 AM
Green's starting to come along, tbh.

Spurtacular
12-30-2015, 06:48 AM

Jimmer would be better, tbh.

tholdren
12-30-2015, 09:20 AM
Green's starting to come along, tbh.
danny green's per game shooting averages are almost all lower than his career averages. He's sitting at an 8.5 PER, with similar usage and the highest TO% of his career. His OWS is negative. His Ft rate and W/48 are about half of his career average. 33 games into the season.

Lets give him the max $, right Chump?

Mnky
12-30-2015, 09:35 AM
Still a bargain, especially when the cap increases. Plays great team defense, and is growing on the offensive end.

Danny does this every year with his shot as he learns new things, why are people still surprised?

wildbill2u
12-30-2015, 12:41 PM
I was going to start a thread on Green of my own, but this one beat me to it. I had noticed what I thought was a certain lack of effort when trying to defend against a high pick and roll, TBH it looked like a lack of balls in fighting through the top of the pick. Ideally, an elite defender should be smart enough and quick enough laterally to meet or beat the offensive player to the spot. At least to give the offensive player some grief. I was watching him on NBA League Pass and the camera isn't always focused on Green.

I see a lot of energy from Patty Mills to do that. I see J. Simmons trying to do that although he's likely to just bulldoze through the pick man and pick up a foul. Although the Parker haters will hate this, I even see Parker trying to take away that P&R by trying to fight through the pick a lot of times this year. But was my take on Green's defense correct?

Over Christmas I came back to SA to visit my kids and took my son to the Denver game. I wanted to focus on Green. On the first five Denver offensive plays they had Will Barton get the ball on the left side and the center come up to the top of the key/3 pt arc for a pick. When Barton took the ball toward the high pick Danny just trailed behind by several yards. He wasn't in any position to fight the pick at all and Barton made the turn to go down the lane. Our defender (D. West started the game) had two guys to defend and either the center or Barton had a layup--While Danny just trailed along behind down the lane. That was the first five play and an easy 10 pts.

On the next Spurs possession Green got trapped on the high right sideline and threw a bad pass which was stolen and Denver went down for another layup. That's 12 points that can be attributed to Danny to start the game. At that point Pop called time out and changed the on-court lineup.

It appears to me that Danny simply doesn't want to have any contact on a pick and roll situation. Either that or he isn't smart enough to figure out they are going to keep calling that number so he should cheat a little in his positioning--or he is even more slow-footed laterally than Anderson. Trailing the play, hoping for a block from behind is NOT elite defense. Folks sometimes give him credit for a block from behind coming down the paint--but they never comment on why he is behind all the time.

I assume his shooting will come back. I'd keep the ball out of his hands as much as possible because of his terrible passing and inability to dribble much beyond the level of a good schoolyard kid--but he's gonna have to show more focus on the defensive end while in the shooting slump.

I like Danny. He's been a big part of our success. And he showed loyalty to the team with his contract. So I hate to criticize him, but he can do better.

ChumpDumper
12-30-2015, 01:00 PM
danny green's per game shooting averages are almost all lower than his career averages. He's sitting at an 8.5 PER, with similar usage and the highest TO% of his career. His OWS is negative. His Ft rate and W/48 are about half of his career average. 33 games into the season.

Lets give him the max $, right Chump?Straw man.

GSH
12-30-2015, 01:55 PM
Jimmer's corpse would be better

We had Jimmer's corpse, and it wasn't better.

ChumpDumper
12-30-2015, 02:00 PM
We had Jimmer's corpse, and it wasn't better.#streetballtrash

Darius Bieber
12-30-2015, 02:13 PM
Eh. Kyle Korver has also missed his last 20 three-point shots so.... They'll both get it together at some point.

tmtcsc
12-30-2015, 03:34 PM
Just like with Aldridge, if Green gets on track with his offense - look out! This team is pretty damn good already and can get much better.

tholdren
12-30-2015, 03:58 PM
I was going to start a thread on Green of my own, but this one beat me to it. I had noticed what I thought was a certain lack of effort when trying to defend against a high pick and roll, TBH it looked like a lack of balls in fighting through the top of the pick. Ideally, an elite defender should be smart enough and quick enough laterally to meet or beat the offensive player to the spot. At least to give the offensive player some grief. I was watching him on NBA League Pass and the camera isn't always focused on Green.

I see a lot of energy from Patty Mills to do that. I see J. Simmons trying to do that although he's likely to just bulldoze through the pick man and pick up a foul. Although the Parker haters will hate this, I even see Parker trying to take away that P&R by trying to fight through the pick a lot of times this year. But was my take on Green's defense correct?

Over Christmas I came back to SA to visit my kids and took my son to the Denver game. I wanted to focus on Green. On the first five Denver offensive plays they had Will Barton get the ball on the left side and the center come up to the top of the key/3 pt arc for a pick. When Barton took the ball toward the high pick Danny just trailed behind by several yards. He wasn't in any position to fight the pick at all and Barton made the turn to go down the lane. Our defender (D. West started the game) had two guys to defend and either the center or Barton had a layup--While Danny just trailed along behind down the lane. That was the first five play and an easy 10 pts.

On the next Spurs possession Green got trapped on the high right sideline and threw a bad pass which was stolen and Denver went down for another layup. That's 12 points that can be attributed to Danny to start the game. At that point Pop called time out and changed the on-court lineup.

It appears to me that Danny simply doesn't want to have any contact on a pick and roll situation. Either that or he isn't smart enough to figure out they are going to keep calling that number so he should cheat a little in his positioning--or he is even more slow-footed laterally than Anderson. Trailing the play, hoping for a block from behind is NOT elite defense. Folks sometimes give him credit for a block from behind coming down the paint--but they never comment on why he is behind all the time.

I assume his shooting will come back. I'd keep the ball out of his hands as much as possible because of his terrible passing and inability to dribble much beyond the level of a good schoolyard kid--but he's gonna have to show more focus on the defensive end while in the shooting slump.

I like Danny. He's been a big part of our success. And he showed loyalty to the team with his contract. So I hate to criticize him, but he can do better.
Danny has always been a chaser on defense. He's a good on ball defender, but he's fragile, and his attitude is not "hard nosed" never has been.

gospursgojas
12-30-2015, 08:28 PM
Danny has always been a chaser on defense. He's a good on ball defender, but he's fragile, and his attitude is not "hard nosed" never has been.

Plus his contract with Club Rio states he cant have any cosmetic injuries prior to his NNY Eve party there.

tholdren
12-30-2015, 10:21 PM
Plus his contract with Club Rio states he cant have any cosmetic injuries prior to his NNY Eve party there.
touche

Neurosis
12-30-2015, 10:24 PM
Danny's dropped off a bit in D and a lot on O. He's still one of the best defensive SG's in the league and we know he's capable on O - just needs to get rid of that damn rust.

tholdren
12-30-2015, 10:26 PM
Danny's dropped off a bit in D and a lot on O. He's still one of the best defensive SG's in the league and we know he's capable on O - just needs to get rid of that damn rust.
NBA season almost half over. Rust is not an excuse.

Uriel
12-30-2015, 10:28 PM
McCallum - Simmons - Anderson - Bonner - Marjanovic

WE'RE STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKED.

tholdren
12-30-2015, 10:29 PM
McCallum - Simmons - Anderson - Bonner - Marjanovic

WE'RE STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKED with D Leage All Stars

Neurosis
12-31-2015, 01:51 AM

I'll still take Danny's top5 Defense at SG over some low efficiency chucker who barely contributes on defense. As bad as his offense has been, he's still a better player than most other starting SG's in the league.

Yeah so that's a reflection on the lack of depth at the SG position league-wide but you take what you can get.

All we can do is hope Danny can fix his shooting woes, same as with Lamarcus.

Ditty
12-31-2015, 02:09 AM
Love Danny Green, but hate how he seems to always stop the ball late in the shot clock for some reason and expects to something with it. Just keep moving around the perimeter, and play good defense and he will be fine.

SAGirl
12-31-2015, 03:12 AM

Thanks for sharing such careful observations.

To be honest, Danny hasn't been up to last season's standards on both ends, and I agree with you. Like you say, one is reluctant to criticize a guy who is so likeable in personality and who has been such a big part of our teams and a championship. What you point out are just a few examples. I have observed that he still overhelps and doesn't recover on 3 pt. shooters in time, and has gotten beat by backdoor cuts with frequency. Playing with the SL, his defensive numbers should be higher than they are (I mean guys like J.Simms and Anderson are right up there, and Anderson in particular has handled his assignments and team defense better than Danny has managed his and these two guys play in garbage time a lot, in weird lineups (better now that Boban has emerged as a force, but their numbers were skewed by very early pre-dleague assignment Boban and Ray, Bonner. Just in general these two wings have been in very poor defensive lineups with Diaw and Butler as your 5-4, Anderson as a 4, and stuff like that, and they are still doing a good job. Compared to them, Danny should be doing much better but he isn't.)

I wonder if what you notice on the picks is a practice to deal with GSW and how referees call fouls on guys getting too close fighting through a screen, bc you seem to make a very particular observation that I had not payed attention to.

wildbill2u
12-31-2015, 03:21 PM
thanks for the props. It takes some concentration away from watching the overall game to focus in on just one player--but once your eyes/mind sees it enough, you begin to see it every time it happens. I don't think it is a strategy that Pop is trying out in anticipation of GSW. After all, every other guard/forward is trying to fight through to the top of the screen. Against GSW you can't go beneath the screen or an undefended Curry or Thompson will kill you with 3s if they have the protection of the high screen man. Curry,especially, only needs a second of time and very little space to fire off a three. You have to stay with them if possible and try to disrupt the PNR by getting between them and the pick man. Not possible every time, but you have to try.

I also picked up on Danny losing his defensive court awareness, creating a vulnerability to his man going backdoor on him in the last few games, but not having really studied it sufficiently, I hesitated to bring it up. Again, once you see it and imprint it on your mind, you start noticing it whenever it happens and then develop some anticipation.

It usually happens, I THINK, when he is sort of isolated on one side with another player and it may be caused by losing his man's location while trying to drift over to help out over at the lane. But he gets caught in no man's land--too far from his man with his back to him and not close enough to the lane to really be effective there. He really needs to focus on his man and stay at home IMO. (But this is my take, and the coaching staff may be encouraging the players to drift off their man for team defensive purposes.)

ChumpDumper
12-31-2015, 03:30 PM
What was your excuse for Jimmer last season?

tholdren
12-31-2015, 04:52 PM
What was your excuse for Jimmer last season?
racism

tholdren
12-31-2015, 05:01 PM
Below is the order of 3% on SA this year

Tony Parker - leads team (sorry krew)
KL
Bonner
Simmons
Anderson
TEAM AVERAGE .376
Manu
Mills
Diaw
West .333
-----
Green .301
Butler .286 (great find)
Ray .250 (Starting PG material)

Sidenote - Danny Green is dead last in FG% on SA, tied for last (ray) for dead last TS%.... Last in WS/48

ChumpDumper
12-31-2015, 05:15 PM
racism
That's why he shot so poorly?

tholdren
12-31-2015, 05:43 PM
That's why he shot so poorly?
yes

kaji157
12-31-2015, 06:42 PM
I will still trust him because he showed he works hard and competes. Just feels that last year´s first round exit where he sucked are still on his mind.
I was checking the amount of open looks he is getting and percentage wise is similar than last year. The dropoff could be understandable if it was just his scoring, but is his percentage that is taking a huge hit.

ChumpDumper
12-31-2015, 07:13 PM
yesExplain your conspiracy theory.

tholdren
12-31-2015, 08:33 PM
Explain your conspiracy theory.
Ball don't lie

ChumpDumper
12-31-2015, 09:10 PM
Ball don't lie
That would mean he just sucked.

I believe that.

tholdren
01-01-2016, 06:07 PM
That would mean he just sucked.

I believe that.

Jf better than ray

ChumpDumper
01-01-2016, 06:44 PM
Jf better than rayNot where it counts.

Ball sure didn't lie last season -- or do you have an excuse for Jimmer?

tholdren
01-01-2016, 07:33 PM
Not where it counts.

Ball sure didn't lie last season -- or do you have an excuse for Jimmer?
Sample size

ChumpDumper
01-01-2016, 07:36 PM
Sample size
50 games

tholdren
01-01-2016, 08:06 PM
50 games

Lol. Come back when you have minutes played and attempts

ChumpDumper
01-02-2016, 03:48 AM
Lol. Come back when you have minutes played and attempts509 minutes played.

166 attempts.

What's the excuse?

tholdren
01-02-2016, 12:57 PM
509 minutes played.

166 attempts.

What's the excuse?
Sample size

ChumpDumper
01-02-2016, 03:00 PM
Sample sizeHow many minutes and attampts would he need for sample size to not be your excuse for him?

ChumpDumper
01-02-2016, 08:54 PM
lol

itzkarl813
01-02-2016, 08:56 PM
Danny Green 4 for 5 from downtown w 5 mins left in the 1st...how ya love that!

DeRozan m8
01-02-2016, 08:56 PM
Should trade him right now

tholdren
01-02-2016, 10:19 PM
Should trade him right now

Yes

timtonymanu
01-02-2016, 11:08 PM
OP is a faggot

tim_duncan_fan
01-03-2016, 12:19 AM
lol hating on Danny Green.

I could never hate Danny Green even if he never plays good ball ever again.

He brought defense back to the Spurs. Remember that we had given up on it before we made him a mainstay.

Never forget.

ceperez
01-03-2016, 06:42 AM
All he needed was an elbow in the mouth by Beverly to wake him up.

Just don't piss off Danny Green or he's going to make you pay!

tholdren
01-03-2016, 09:32 AM
Danny green 1 good game and 40 bad ones. He's been the worst player on sa this year. 30 more games in a row like last night and then delete thread. Until then, he still sucks

Mel_13
01-03-2016, 09:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAKG-kbKeIo

tholdren
01-03-2016, 10:12 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAKG-kbKeIo

Mel, you're the master of not addressing posts. I don't know how you do it honestly. Every time I read something from you, it has taken a turn from any topic at hand. Bravo.

tholdren
01-03-2016, 10:22 AM
In relevant news

Danny Green still the worst FG% on the team even though his career night last night

Danny Green still shooting worse 3% than everyone but Ray and Butler.... 32%

Only 27 more games in a row of going 6/8 on 3s and he'll be right up there.

UZER
01-03-2016, 10:49 AM
Seems like he's back to going more vertical with his jumper instead of drifting forward like 3 feet.

Chinook
01-03-2016, 10:54 AM
In relevant news

Danny Green still the worst FG% on the team even though his career night last night

Danny Green still shooting worse 3% than everyone but Ray and Butler.... 32%

Only 27 more games in a row of going 6/8 on 3s and he'll be right up there.

If Danny goes 6/8 for 27 more games, he'd be at 57 percent, which would put him in position to shatter the NBA single-season record. In fact, he'd only need to do that for 13 more games to tie Leonard for first place on the team in three-point percentage, provided Kawhi maintains his current rate. Of course, that's not likely, both due to the percentages and the attempts. But it just goes to show how off base you are thinking that Danny isn't in position to turn it around. If Green averages even 3/7 for the rest of the season, he'd be right at 40 percent for the year. He doesn't have to be great to get back into borderline elite territory.

littlecoyotecoin
01-03-2016, 11:12 AM
Sample size

You're using a 1/4 sample size to judge Ray, lol. Then complaining about Jimmer's comparatively huge sample.

ChumpDumper
01-03-2016, 02:13 PM
You're using a 1/4 sample size to judge Ray, lol. Then complaining about Jimmer's comparatively huge sample.
He's a terrible, horribly biased poster.

tholdren
01-05-2016, 12:14 PM

No, I'm making fun of Chinook and chump. Good catch

ChumpDumper
01-05-2016, 12:32 PM
No, I'm making fun of Chinook and chump. Good catch
How is it making fun of us?

Jimmer's is the larger sample size.

wildbill2u
01-05-2016, 01:07 PM
Why don't you guys both declare victory on the Jimmer thing on this thread? and, if you want to continue your discussion, start another Jimmer thread. For the life of me, I can't see how anyone could think Jimmer is worth another bunch of posts, but go for it if you guys have a testosterone thing going.

tholdren
01-05-2016, 05:18 PM
How is it making fun of us?

Jimmer's is the larger sample size.

Any time criticism of spurs players you like is always defended with sample size retort of some kind

ChumpDumper
01-05-2016, 06:20 PM
Any time criticism of spurs players you like is always defended with sample size retort of some kindNot always. I certainly never called an entire NBA season lacking as a sample size.

tholdren
01-07-2016, 05:36 PM
Not always. I certainly never called an entire NBA season lacking as a sample size.
Your tsasa% shows otherwise

tholdren
01-12-2016, 09:28 PM
Bump for chump

ChumpDumper
01-12-2016, 09:31 PM
What's so terrible about him in this game?

Or are you just sniffing the boxscore?

tholdren
01-12-2016, 09:45 PM
What's so terrible about him in this game?

Or are you just sniffing the boxscore?

Bwahaha

ChumpDumper
01-12-2016, 09:46 PM
BwahahaSo you're not watching the game.

Understood.

tholdren
01-13-2016, 12:55 PM
So you're not watching the game.

Understood.

He's bad - better than the previous 30plus but that's not saying much

ChumpDumper
01-13-2016, 01:32 PM
So you're not watching the game.

Understood.

tholdren
01-13-2016, 05:33 PM
Danny Green D Outside of his two three-pointers, he was a bone in the Spurs' side once again. Frequently allowed his man to own him on defense, and stunk up the offense for the most part. Botched a three pointer short with literally nobody within 20 feet of him in the 3rd quarter which would have been important for our momentum. Turned the ball over at critical junctures which fueled many of the Pistons' transition opportunities. Absolutely scorched by Caldwell-Pope, and there wasn't a damn thing Green could do about it. Almost as pathetic as that guy he starts with on the perimeter, but not quite given his lower expectations.

G-Dawgg
01-14-2016, 07:57 AM
Bring back Jimmer and give him Danny's starting spot...

kaji157
01-14-2016, 10:20 AM
I cannot believe that after 6-7 years of looking, with all the money Manu has left onthe table for others, we are still unable to find a SG that really deserves to start over Manu, even at 38.

He is either great or today´s SG suck.

100%duncan
01-14-2016, 10:57 AM
I cannot believe that after 6-7 years of looking, with all the money Manu has left onthe table for others, we are still unable to find a SG that really deserves to start over Manu, even at 38.

He is either great or today´s SG suck.
Relax. 2012-2015 danny was great, dude is in a slump but he still plays his ass off. If manu was starting this team wouldnt be as a potent as it is

tholdren
01-14-2016, 08:34 PM
I could shoot a layup or throw it out of bounds.

tholdren
01-14-2016, 08:35 PM
Danny green owned by Jr smith

tholdren
01-14-2016, 10:42 PM
Where's chinook and chump with that crow pie?

Mikeanaro
01-14-2016, 10:47 PM
DG is a pajero.

tholdren
01-15-2016, 09:05 PM
DG is a pajero.

ChumpDumper
01-16-2016, 12:09 AM
Where's chinook and chump with that crow pie?He played fine in the second half.

Congratulations on finally watching a game though. Looking through the window of someone with basic cable?

tholdren
01-16-2016, 08:19 AM
He played fine in the second half.

Congratulations on finally watching a game though. Looking through the window of someone with basic cable?

He played fine the second half...... lololololol

ChumpDumper
01-16-2016, 01:26 PM
He played fine the second half...... lolololololHe did. Did your neighbor shut his blinds after halftime?

Sorry.

tholdren
01-16-2016, 01:52 PM
He played fine the second half .. gold brother.... gold

ChumpDumper
01-16-2016, 04:22 PM
He played fine the second half .. gold brother.... goldWell he did, sister. I don't see you disputing it.

tholdren
01-17-2016, 08:51 PM
Well he did, sister. I don't see you disputing it.
I am - just like I'm disputing his garbage play all year long. Making 10 mil this year. Shooting the worst 2% on the team Shooting the 10th 3% on the team.

- Last in WS/48
- only spur in NEGATIVE ows
- last in ts%
- Last in per

Give back the money before the club owners get it all.

spurraider21
01-17-2016, 09:01 PM
i dont think anybody is saying green is having a good season by his standards

and it's impossible to "give the money back"

tholdren
01-17-2016, 09:30 PM
i dont think anybody is saying green is having a good season by his standards

and it's impossible to "give the money back"

not impossible. spurs saved green's life, green steals from spurs. common courtesy would be to give the money to his teammates, owner, or city.

spurtech09
01-17-2016, 09:31 PM
Coasting!!!!!

popdagreat
01-17-2016, 09:34 PM
ally ooopp!!

tholdren
01-17-2016, 09:36 PM
ally ooopp!!
here come the kids. rather see an oop than good basketball.

ChumpDumper
01-17-2016, 11:40 PM
lol racist

G-Dawgg
01-18-2016, 01:39 AM
Fuck Danny Green. This useless fucker is stealing so much money. Reggie Williams could be doing the exact same job he is for a fraction of the cost.

tholdren
01-18-2016, 03:17 PM
Fuck Danny Green. This useless fucker is stealing so much money. Reggie Williams could be doing the exact same job he is for a fraction of the cost.
Where's Spurtacular with the Jimmer goods?

PS Butler shooting 27% from 3

Obstructed_View
01-18-2016, 03:22 PM
Where's chinook and chump with that crow pie?

Waiting for Chump to admit error is a useless pastime. He'll just fight to get the last word and then declare victory when you realize there's no point arguing. Ignore list is a great place to put him.

YGWHI
01-23-2016, 12:46 AM
4-8 and improving :tu

Hoops Czar
01-23-2016, 01:13 AM
Danny Green is going to have his hand full guarding Steph Curry. His supposed air tight defense has cracks a mile wide.

GSH
01-23-2016, 01:31 AM
The good news tonight was Danny passing the ball before he got into heavy traffic, and stepping into his 3P shots more confidently. Early in the season he was a turnover machine, but lately he's pretty much quit trying to take the ball into the paint. I hope there's some spill-over into the next game, and that Golden State decides he's not a threat and leaves him some open looks.

SAGirl
01-23-2016, 01:34 AM
The good news tonight was Danny passing the ball before he got into heavy traffic, and stepping into his 3P shots more confidently. Early in the season he was a turnover machine, but lately he's pretty much quit trying to take the ball into the paint. I hope there's some spill-over into the next game, and that Golden State decides he's not a threat and leaves him some open looks.
Agree with you GSH.
A lot to be happy with Danny. First the scoring, bc we have made such an issue of it. Not hesitant to take his shots. (4-8 from 3 and we needed it, bc Lakers were hot shooting).
Better than that good effort and hustle defensively.

littlecoyotecoin
01-23-2016, 10:52 AM
One day at a time. But, dials back the ball handling, and easy peasy, again. Hopefully the increased ball-handling was by design during the early season, in an attempt (failed), to improve his game, and not him just going rogue. And, similarly, as I suggested, they can just dial it back and put him in a more regular Danny role. Regular Danny 3&D is pretty darn good. If he can develop better handles, great, but he doesn't have to. Work on it in the off-season, try again next Nov and Dec. Or, better yet, learn to play guitar, or something else you're more likely to be good at, Danny. But, hopefully they continue to dial back the dribbling by design. Only as necessary, as we all watch and cringe.

When he is dribbling down with no pressure for an in-transition pull up 3, he's pretty deadly, or set in rythm catch and shoot, or anything at the end of the shot clock. Green light. No pun intended.

But, I don't think it's coincidental that his first miss last night comes when he has to put the ball on the floor and readjust his 3 point shot from a defender running at him. He's not Steph Curry. If there were 0-6,7,8? seconds on the shot clock, that's still a good shot for him to take. I am pulling some numbers out of my ass here, but it's probably low to mid 20% shot for him, at best high 20 to low 30. But, that's better than not getting a shot at all before the buzzer, or passing out to get maybe an even more rushed, and lower percentage shot from whomever would bail him out.

But, that first miss last night came when he put the ball on the floor to move around the running defender. When that occurred, the defender was in his face with 11 seconds left on the shot clock. That's quite a bit of time. Hell, when they reset it for a kicked ball you get a 14 second set, only.

He just doesn't need to take that shot, probably. All of his other shots were great looks. Even the three other misses. All seven pretty wide open and in rythm.

That one, if he takes that dribble and passes out of it...maybe a higher percentage shot ensues for another player in the next 11 seconds...or even he gets the ball back himself for a better shot...

But, just minor adjustments like that make him a lot more efficient. He would be 4/7 last night instead of 4/8. Both good, but it adds up over time, of course.

Anyway, time marches on.

tholdren
01-23-2016, 11:24 AM
Waiting for Chump to admit error is a useless pastime. He'll just fight to get the last word and then declare victory when you realize there's no point arguing. Ignore list is a great place to put him.

I would never put someone on ignore. I think it violates the premise of communication tools. Plus, it's fun to watch him think he's right.

ChumpDumper
01-23-2016, 04:40 PM
I would never put someone on ignore. I think it violates the premise of communication tools. Plus, it's fun to watch him think he's right.It's fun to watch you talk about me instead of Danny since he's been shitting on you for awhile now.

Mr Bones
01-23-2016, 04:52 PM
Green seems to be stabilizing: His 3ptFG% for the past 10 games is 45%, his blocks & assists are up, his turnovers are slightly down... good signs.

littlecoyotecoin
01-31-2016, 11:22 AM
In this post, all percentages refer to his three point shooting, specifically.

Now that January is over, we can revisit some of the claims that Danny's shot is broken/he can't shoot, he only had "one good shooting game that skewed his percentage".

Danny shot 49% in January.

When the claim was made that he had one game that skewed his percentages, to that point, in January, 8 games had been played. Of those 8 games, he shot above 50% in four out of those 8 games. So there wasn't one game that skewed his percentages.

If for some reason you want to throw out that game as his best game, and you throw out his worst game, at 0/4, during those 8 games, you end up with 8/20=40%. Right at his career average.

The offense has lots of problems, but there appears to be little evidence that Danny can't shoot, or has forgotten how to shoot, or that a "single game" is inflating his percentages.

*done on my phone, feel free to make corrections to these numbers if necessary, but I'm sure they will not be material.

BillMc
01-31-2016, 11:45 AM
In this post, all percentages refer to his three point shooting, specifically.

Now that January is over, we can revisit some of the claims that Danny's shot is broken/he can't shoot, he only had "one good shooting game that skewed his percentage".

Danny shot 49% in January.

When the claim was made that he had one game that skewed his percentages, to that point, in January, 8 games had been played. Of those 8 games, he shot above 50% in four out of those 8 games. So there wasn't one game that skewed his percentages.

If for some reason you want to throw out that game as his best game, and you throw out his worst game, at 0/4, during those 8 games, you end up with 8/20=40%. Right at his career average.

The offense has lots of problems, but there appears to be little evidence that Danny can't shoot, or has forgotten how to shoot, or that a "single game" is inflating his percentages.

*done one my phone, feel free to make corrections to these numbers if necessary, but I'm sure they will not be material.

Nice post. Danny is ok. More worried about Patty's shot.

ChumpDumper
02-04-2016, 12:42 AM
lol

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
02-08-2016, 09:23 AM
Green is finally playing like his old self since he is not driving to the basket every freakin' time he gets the ball. Notice the Spurs are calling several off the ball screen plays for him the past several games, something Pop really didn't do all season.

Nice to see Green getting back to want he is actually good at. Basically the reason the Spurs won against the Lakers. Counter those 3's by Lakers in the 3rd quarter so they didn't blow the game wide open.