PDA

View Full Version : Sat Oct 1 Texas at Missouri

mookie2001
09-21-2005, 10:02 AM
thoughts?
predictions?
remember when 4 years ago brad smith was a heisman canidate?, then he just proceeded to get shittier every year

also in confrence games expect Vince to get more rushing yards, and score his first rushing td
against the cupcakes theyre working on the bread and butter and there is not much need or risk to run so much
and osu pretty much contained him after the first quarter
this should be great road game to watch
have to wait a while though...
plus dont get wasted friday night if you wanna catch this one
11 am kickoff
Texas 40
Missouri 17

mookie2001
09-21-2005, 10:11 AM
On how he can tell if a young running back is special: It goes in stages. You can tell that a young running back is special the first time he touches the ball. Then you have to see if he catch and run the routes, and most importantly, can he protect? With Jamaal (Charles) and Henry (Melton), they've been able to do both of those very quickly.

On the status of Selvin Young: What we will do is take care of him all week and hopefully he'll be full speed and ready to go next week. But not practicing last week and being in rehab everyday, we will not practice him this week. He'll get some things, but he will not be hit. Then hopefully he'll be 100 percent for next week.

On the starting spot running back: We don't care. We started this year not talking about starters. I think it's been one of the better things we've done with our program. We're playing two-deep, and we're trying to get the healthiest, freshest guys on the field. Jamaal has shown that he can start and play well. Selvin (Young) is a great leader, and we want him healthy because we've seen him play really well in the past. As far as who starts, it doesn't really make any difference. The way we approach it is the guy that is moving the ball the most will stay in the game.

Ballcox
09-21-2005, 04:04 PM
I still have that memory of losing to Missouri several years back and watching those people rush the field to tear down the goal posts. So, I'm a little nervous about this game, especially since ou is the next game on the schedule. Now, ou is down this year, but until we beat those guys we haven't proved a damn thing. Hopefully, Mack will have our guys focused on Missouri and the need to win our Big XII opener.

I expect to see a tight first quarter as Missouri feeds off the emotion of fans and being psyched up for the game. However, by the 2nd quarter I think the Horns will begin to assert themselves, they simply outmatch Missouri at just about every position on the field. Brad Smith does worry me, but I don't think he has enough weapons around him on offense to carry the day. By the 2nd half the physical beating Missouri is taking will begin to show, they'll probably cough up some TO's and UT begins to take advantage of having more quality players to rotate into the game.

I'll go with a final of UT-45, Missouri-17. I think J. Charles again rushes for over a 100yds., with Vince running for over a 100 and passing for around 200yds. I also think that after this game, you won't see much of S. Young for the rest of the season, maybe just some spot duty here and there. I'm looking forward to the game, I hate bye weeks!

Brutalis
09-21-2005, 05:33 PM
Mizzou doesnt stand a chance.

Arkansas State competited with them earlier this year and could have won. That says enough right there.

Texas 44
Mizzou 14

Horry For 3!
09-22-2005, 12:23 AM
I remember when Brad Smith was bad ass. What is he now? What happened? Oh well.

Texas will win like they always do :smokin

DrRich
09-22-2005, 09:18 AM
The Missouri coach is the one responsible for B. Smith's decline. He tried to change the style of QB he was, trying to make him a more conventional QB rather than one that could beat you with his feet. He was much more dangerous then.

Really, there isn't really any team on the schedule that worries me too much, with the exception of A&M. And that's just because of the rivalry and its in CS.

Oh almost forgot my prediction:

UT 48
Mizzou 17

mookie2001
09-22-2005, 03:04 PM
i wouldnt put it all on all the coach
how many seasons does he get to tinker with his form,trial and error, 3?

samikeyp
09-22-2005, 06:24 PM
i wouldnt put it all on all the coach

I would. Mack Brown and Greg Davis tend to coach not to lose instead of coaching to win. Although the Rose Bowl win and win over OSU have shown me signs of changing that.

I worry about this game being a "look-ahead" game. There will be a lot of talk about OU instead of Mizzou in the media. Brown needs to keep himself and his players focused.

Mr Dio
09-22-2005, 07:37 PM
11 am kickoff

Well, Thanks to Rita I'll be @ work @ 12p.
DVR here we go!

My sire doesn't have a line, what is the spread & O/U?

Mr Dio
09-22-2005, 07:42 PM
Yeah, OK, NO Duh man!
UT is off this week, I knew there was a reason I wasn't pissed about having to work on Sat.

2centsworth
09-22-2005, 11:34 PM
It all makes me nervous.

mookie2001
09-24-2005, 03:45 PM
big 12 play is exciting and im sure the players know Missouri has enough talent to beat them, dont expect them to not go after them hard and early
look for jamaal charles to increase the demand for my "Selvin who?" tshirts

hussker
09-24-2005, 04:34 PM
big 12 play is exciting and im sure the players know Missouri has enough talent to beat them, dont expect them to not go after them hard and early
look for jamaal charles to increase the demand for my "Selvin who?" tshirts

tu 42 misery 17

hussker
09-24-2005, 04:41 PM
FUNNY...Posted my score prediction before I read previous posts. Looks like everyone thinks that misery can score 17.

My thoughts on misery...My AGGIE wife made the comment two seasons ago while my Huskers were playing misery and we were actually winning that "Wow, that smith guy looks like he is a good player..." He continued showing her how "GOOD" he was by kicking our butts in the 4th qtr and winning...and it was the Solich era, not Callahan, so no excuse. I call her my Aggie jinx. From now on I bind her mouth with tape for every game. Obviously, it did not work last yr.

t.u. will be the national champs this yr. as much as it pains me to say it. (Also, you can tell my Ag-wife has no say in this post and I am doing it behind her back, so to speak).

mookie2001
09-24-2005, 04:42 PM
is she hot?

hussker
09-24-2005, 05:19 PM
is she hot?

YEP! and I HIT IT!

mookie2001
09-24-2005, 06:19 PM
she sounds hot
is she conservative?

hussker
09-24-2005, 06:20 PM
she sounds hot
is she conservative?

Only out of the bed dude! hehehe!

mookie2001
09-25-2005, 03:56 PM
i always call this but look for my man Cedric Griffin from San Antonio TX, to take 1 to the house on saturday

mookie2001
09-26-2005, 09:50 AM
good cedric article from www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com

09/23/2005

Cedric Griffin: Breaking barriers
Thomas Stepp, Texas Media Relations

Cedric Griffin
Late in the summer of 2001, Cedric Griffin walked into the Longhorns team meeting room for the first time as a freshman. At first glance, he may have appeared quiet, stern and almost unapproachable to his fellow freshmen, but what his new teammates, including his future roommate Matt Nordgren, may not have realized is how much there was to discover.

"Cedric is one of the toughest guys you'll ever try to get to know, but I think that once you do, you'll be very happy with who you meet," Nordgren said. "It's a special thing, because he doesn't let many people in. He's very loyal. I think that's one of his best qualities. When you do get in, he'll do anything for you, anything in the world."

Trust and loyalty are two of the biggest qualities in getting to know Cedric Griffin. It was engrained at an early age as he ended up doing much for himself because of strained relations with his family, most of which is in southern Mississippi.

At age 10, he and his mother made their way to San Antonio, and although he admits he has found it difficult to ask for help from anyone, he would eventually receive one offer he felt he could not turn down.

"I don't talk to my real parents that much," Griffin said. "I live with a family in San Antonio who asked if I wanted to stay with them -- the Johnsons. I stayed with them in high school, so they are my closest family. I would call them a mother and a father figure. I 'm really close to my natural mom, we just haven't gotten along too well all the time."

In the Johnson household, comprised of father Tony, mother Sandi and son Anthony, Griffin found true trust and loyalty. He credits them fully for his successes, especially Anthony, one of his teammates at Holmes High School in San Antonio, who became his best friend.

"If you're his friend, you've got a friend for life," Tony Johnson said. "He'll go to bat for you, he'll go fight for you, and if he hears someone saying something about you, he'll step right up and straighten that out quickly.

"He has a hard time expressing himself, but when he does, it really comes out. It can be hard for him to do that. I guess as a child, he had to hold his emotions in so much. He'll let you know that he loves you, and he's just so thankful. He's just that type of person."

Beginning as teammates in Pop Warner football, Anthony and Cedric hit it off, and he was gradually accepted into the Johnson family, starting with an introduction to Tony and continuing with rides home from practice.

Eventually, during Griffin's sophomore year in high school, the Johnsons would extend an invitation for him to live with them in order to provide stability to the special person they recognized him to be.

"They're really supportive and they came to all of my games," Griffin described. "Even today, whenever I want to go down there, I can do it and just relax. They call me all the time and are just a really loving family."

With the benefit of support from the Johnsons, one night in their house became a distinct turning point. The night he took the SAT, it was Anthony who stayed up with Cedric to help him prepare.

"We sat there with training manuals, and I helped him where I could," Anthony recalled. "He knew some of the areas, and I knew some, so I helped as much as I could, and he just put a lot of effort into it. He trusted me, and we just got it done."

When the results were in, Griffin was on his way to play for The University of Texas.

"That was the happiest I've ever been in my life, because I knew I was going to college." Griffin recalled. "I knew I was going to have a chance to do what I wanted to do, and I knew I could repay him if everything worked out right. He helped me get here, and he's the reason why I'm here, honestly."

However, Tony and Anthony are quick to turn that credit around. Tony remembers a time when someone asked if Cedric made it to Texas because of the Johnson family.

"No, I'm here because of Cedric," he told them. "I'm sitting in this stadium seat because Cedric got me the tickets."

"I was there because of Cedric, not the other way around," he then explained. "He's there on his own initiative. I wish people could understand fully how hard it was for him to get where he is. If someone else takes credit, that's just silly. He's there because of him."

Anthony and Cedric consider each other brothers, and with the Johnsons' support, Griffin was able turn his strong ability to focus to his passion -- the game of football. Tony says that even from age 11, Cedric had his goals in place.

"When he is focused on it, you can forget it," Tony said. "I don't care what it is. I've never seen him give up. I've told him there are challenges out there that sometimes you won't meet, but that doesn't mean you have to quit trying. You don't just shoot for the moon, you can shoot for another galaxy, and he does. Sometimes it's almost an obsession compared to people who don't have goals. It does amaze me."

"Since he was a little kid, Cedric's been committed to football," Anthony followed. "Whatever he puts his mind to, that's what he does. From Pop Warner to middle school to high school, he's excelled at it, and it's what he's always wanted to do. Now he wants to go to the NFL, and that's his next step."

The Johnson family could not be prouder of Griffin, and no one would know him better than Anthony, who has seen him from all sides as they grew up together.

"It's like day and night away from football," Anthony laughed. "He can be so goofy. A lot of people don't see that side, because he's all rough and tough on the football field, but in the house, he's just a silly person."

So by the help of one family, Griffin found a second. He arrived at Texas and was embraced by Nordgren, Brian Carter, Michael Huff and the coaching staff, most notably defensive backs coach Duane Akina.

Akina says that even coaches had to earn Griffin's trust, something Akina now values as much as Nordgren.

With current NFL names such as Quentin Jammer, Rod Babers and Nathan Vasher on the roster at the time of Griffin's arrival, Akina could sense he was being watched to see if he treated everyone the same as the with a higher profile. He did, and a true respect between the two was formed.

"Just because I've got the hat and the whistle doesn't mean Cedric's going to follow me into the jungle," Akina said. "He wants to make sure that if he goes into the jungle, he's going to be able to come out too. I think you have to prove to him that you care about him, not only as a player, but as a person."

As for what some perceive as Griffin's image, Akina provided one classic message, "Don't judge a book by its cover."

"He's very caring," Akina said. "He's a very smart young man. He's going to be there for you if you need him at all times. I'd bring him with me no matter where I'm going. If someone has a problem with that, I think they're the one with the problem, not Cedric."

With Griffin's trust in Akina in place, his game on the field began to flourish, as he bought into all of the coaching messages of footwork, hand placement and eyes, to add to his speedy and physical nature. He also began approaching the game properly from a mental standpoint, watching film at any opportunity.

"Coach Akina is a great coach," Griffin said. "His influence as far as a man and as a player is just to make sure you're educated on what you're doing at all times. Coach Akina puts so much on himself to make us better. That's what I respect about him and that's what drives me to be the best player I can be."

Firmly placed on the right track, Griffin knows that one day he will return to his original home of Natchez, Miss. Despite all he has been through, he still views it as just that -- home.

"All of my family is there," explained Griffin. "I'm the only one out here right now, but it strengthens me. I want to go back to Mississippi, help my family out and go out there and live. That's where I'm from, and that's where I would like to be."

One member of his family he has been able to help is his brother, Anthony Noble, who was originally placed in a foster home when they were young. Although Noble's path has not been as straight as Griffin's, Noble is sure to always find acceptance with his brother. The two found each other again about the same time Griffin arrived at UT.

"I really care for him, because a lot of people put him down and didn't want to accept him," Griffin said. "I always wanted someone to be there for me, and I wanted someone to look up to me. I've got him now, and he sometimes gets into trouble, but I always try to help him, so he's really close to my heart. I'm always going to accept him, just because I want him to do right. He's very bright, and he just needs to use what he's got."

A youth and community studies major, Griffin's greatest hope is to be able to help those who are in need, especially those who have helped him.

"I want to do something with children or at a community house. I want to have a chance to give back. I hope I'm fortunate enough to give back to people who have done for me. They're the ones who have set up centers and things like that. I just want to go out into the community, see what the problems are and try to help people."

A recent problem everyone is familiar with in that region is the devastation caused by Hurricane Katrina. Griffin received word early that his family was safe, but that did not deter him from wanting to help those he does not know.

"The little money I do have, I donate to the Red Cross," Griffin admitted. "It's hard times right now and everybody needs help, so I definitely want to do it."

Underneath the exterior is where you find the true Cedric Griffin. When asked to describe himself, he had this to say:

"I really feel like I'm a sensitive person, and a caring and loving person, but a lot of people don't believe that just because of the way they see me. Football brings your other personality out because you want to be mean, you want to try to be hard. That's what a lot of people perceive me as, but I'm just a really cool, caring guy to tell you the truth. That's what I think I am."

And he's not the only one.

mookie2001
09-26-2005, 08:11 PM
Tiger Football talks about Texas
Coach Pinkel and Tiger player quotes

Sept. 26, 2005

Missouri Press Conference

September 26, 2005

Coach Pinkel
On Texas' new players:

"You can lose great players, and you recruit well and you have some great young players coming up, which is what they have done. They're very impressive on film; they run well, they're very athletic, and one of the leading rushing teams in the country. With (Vince) Young, it's just his maturity level. You can see the difference in him. He's got great supporting casts on both sides of the football, he's had comeback wins last year and certainly the Ohio State game this year. So I think that certainly adds to a lot of confidence any quarterback would have. They are pretty good."

On comparing Brad Smith and Vince Young:

"They're different size athletes. Brad's a little leaner. They're both great athletes, so it's just really hard to compare them in that way. What you see are two phenomenal athletes, and both of them can make a lot of things happen. I think that is what definitely causes defensive coordinators sleepless nights. That's the thing that bothers them most, turning an awful play into a great play. Both of those players with their athleticism can certainly do that."

On the lack of linebackers...

"It's a lack of depth, I think our linebackers are pretty good; they're really high-level guys. I feel pretty good about those guys. We can adjust if we want to if we can play a nickel scheme with our defense. We're also going to play Van Alexander and Brock Christopher. They're going to play because they are good athletes. We'll play five linebackers in this game."

Sean Coffey

On how healthy and strong he is for Saturday...

"My game is not going to change. I feel like going. I am going to play everything like it was before. In my mind I'm a hundred percent. I would say I'm about 80-85%. Blocking isn't that bad. A lot of those things haven't bothered me yet. I've blocked guys in practice and I've done some things with it except take blows. I think it's going to hold up pretty good for the rest of the season. I'm confident that I'll catch every ball I get, especially the deep balls.

On the absence of deep passes and what Coffey likes about them the most...

"Touchdowns...touchdowns. I don't think it's been missed. I mean a lot of other things have been working. It's clear to everybody that we haven't been going deep."

Van Alexander

On taking down an elusive, strong quarterback like Vince Young...

"Yeah when you get a clean shot at the guy, especially since he's a quarterback, you're licking your chops thinking you're going to knock him out of the game."

On whether he thought he would have to play as much as he has...

"It went a little faster than I expected. I didn't really know what to expect, but yeah, it's been a quicker taste than I thought it would be."

On whether there's a little more stress on the linebackers this weekend...

"It's going to be like that for any quarterback you could say. I guess there's a little added pressure with Vince Young's athleticism. We need to work real hard at practice this week to learn to contain him."

Tony Palmer

On what needs to be done...

"The key is the offensive line. We can control the tempo of the game. We get out there and get a fast start; things are going to good for us. Just need to give Brad (Smith) all the time he needs to throw and open up those holes for Brad, Woods, and Temple to run through. The sky is the limit."

David Overstreet

On the abilities of Vince Young and how to stop him...

"He's an outstanding player. I watched him when we were in high school together. He was good in high school and he's been good in college; he's a great player. Whatever the game plan is from the coaches, we just got to execute that."

On the differences between Brad Smith and Vince Young...

"Vince is a strider. It looks like he's running slow, but actually; he's running faster than you are. Brad goes out there and does things. I don't know what else man, but it's going to be a great show on Saturday."

mookie2001
09-26-2005, 08:14 PM
LAST YEAR REWIND: #9 TEXAS 28, MIZZOU 20
Mizzou went toe-to-toe with the nation's 9th-ranked team, but a pair of mistakes that Texas turned into 14 points proved to be the difference, as #9 Texas held on for a hardfought 28-20 win over Missouri in Austin.

Missouri entered the game as 14-point underdogs, and no-one outside of the Tiger lockerroom gave MU a chance of even staying close with the Longhorns. Early on, it looked as if the pundits would be right, as Texas jumped out to a 14-0 lead in the 1st quarter.

Texas' first score came on defense, as MU took over on its own 3-yardline after being pinned there by a Texas punt. Mizzou QB Brad Smith tried to throw an out pass from his endzone, but Texas' Brian Robison jumped high and somehow caught the rocket from Smith, landed and stepped into the enzone for a 2-yard return to put UT up, 7-0.

Mizzou recovered to drive into Longhorn territory on its next possession, but the drive stalled after reaching the UT 41 yardline. Texas took over on its 20 after a punt , and put together a 4-play, 80-yard drive that was capped off by a scintillating scramble from QB Vince Young that he took 23 yards for a TD and a 14-0 lead with 23 seconds left in the quarter.

The Tigers were undaunted, however, as they quickly responded, and scored TDs on their first two possessions of the 2nd quarter. The first was a 9-play, 66-yard drive that was capped with a Brad Smith to Sean Coffey 4-yard TD pass to cut the deficit to 14-7 at the 6:44 mark. Mizzou's defense pitched in on Texas' next possession, as CB Shirdonya Mitchell jumped in front of a Young pass to set MU up at the Texas 33 yardline.

It took just one play for MU to tie it up, as TB Damien Nash took a handoff and raced untouched around left end for a 33-yard TD run that made it 14-all with 5:26 left in the half.

Momentum further swung to Mizzou's side, as S Nino Williams II grabbed another errant Young throw on Texas' next possession, and returned it 23 yards to the UT 32. Just when it appeared MU was poised to take the lead, disaster struck, when Smith was intercepted on 4th-and-5 from the Texas 27. Texas' Aaron Ross returned the interception 64 yards to the Tiger 12 yardline, and it took Texas just 2 plays to punch it in, and the Longhorns led, 21-14 at halftime.

After a scoreless 3rd period, Texas got a little breathing room after an 11-play, 71-yard drive that ended in Cedric Benson's 2nd rushing TD of the day, to make it 28-14 with 12:52 left. Texas converted a key 3rd-and-10 during the drive, and also survived Benson's 3rd fumble of the day, when he fell on his drop caused by MU's Jason Simpson.

Mizzou responded with a 16-play, 77-yard drive capped off by a Brad Smith 1-yard keeper with 5:25 left to cut it to 28-20 (the PAT failed), and the Tigers got one more defensive stop and had the ball as far as their own 45 yardline before Texas held and got the ball back to run out the clock.

Point off turnovers proved to be the difference, as Texas capitalized on MU's 2 mistakes to score 14 game-swinging points, while MU could manage only 7 points of its own off 3 Longhorn giveaways.

Other than that, Mizzou fared very well statistically, as it outgained Texas by a 358-to-299 total yardage figure. The Tiger defense played quite well, as it held Texas to 193 yards rushing and just 8-of-20 passing for 106 yards. Texas had entered the game ranked 2nd in the nation in rushing (313.60 ypg) and 10th in total offense (470.80 ypg), but was held in check for most of the day. Texas converted on only 3-of-12 3rd downs, and MU held a time of possession advantage of 34:26-to-25:34.

Texas also had some fortune on their side, as the Longhorns fumbled 4 times on the day, but 3 of them bounced right back to the burnt orange-clad team.

Mr Dio
09-26-2005, 10:25 PM
I feel as though UT will win of course but it might be close if UT is licking their chops for a chance at ou.

Jimcs50
09-27-2005, 08:45 AM
UT 46

Missouri 10

batman2883
09-27-2005, 08:51 AM
UT-64
Mizzo-13

samikeyp
09-27-2005, 12:54 PM
I think this game will be way closer than it should be and UT just might stumble.

mookie2001
09-27-2005, 06:19 PM
doubt it
this is a chance to be tied for 1st in the big 12!!

Cant_Be_Faded
09-28-2005, 12:34 AM
It's just as I predicted....College Football is upon us and

MOOKIE is-postin-in-here-like he-owns tha place!

Texas 77 Miz 21
Selvin Young 2 fumbles, 1/2 sprained ankles
Jamaal Charles 95 yards 25 yards
Vince Young 4 TD total

mookie2001
09-28-2005, 10:09 AM
dam right
once texas wins the nc this is gonna be my house and yall are just over smoking my herb and playing my genesis

Cant_Be_Faded
09-28-2005, 10:53 AM
Do you think Texas will let the opposing quarterback throw for 400 yards???

Cant_Be_Faded
09-28-2005, 10:54 AM
Or will texas let the opposing team have EIGHT players with receptions?

mookie2001
09-28-2005, 11:00 AM
i do think people will be like 'oh shit Brad Smith still plays, werent he and rex grossman Heisman finalist in like 2001?"

Cant_Be_Faded
09-28-2005, 11:16 AM
How the fuck is he still playing

mookie2001
09-28-2005, 11:30 AM
his best year was his freshman year

word
09-29-2005, 01:51 AM
Well Missouri lost against New Mexico week 2. No shame in that I guess. Tech did the same thing last year. This game makes me a little nervous in that they have put up some offense and it's on the road. Line is 20 I think. When you're trying to get to the Rose Bowl, and about the only thing that can beat you is yuorself and Ohio State going in the toilet, I'm nervous every week. You do realize that if Texas, USC and VT go undefeated we need Ohio State to win the big X, otherwise we are OUT as in "Auburn '04".

Go Horns
Go OSU

samikeyp
09-29-2005, 10:14 AM
You do realize that if Texas, USC and VT go undefeated we need Ohio State to win the big X, otherwise we are OUT as in "Auburn '04".

Why? Is it strength of schedule?

SWC Bonfire
09-29-2005, 10:19 AM
They lessened or maybe even got rid of the strength of schedule component of the BCS, I'm sure someone can look that up.

But the ACC is more impressive than the Big 12 so far this year, Texas notwithstanding.

Jimcs50
09-29-2005, 11:02 AM
I bet 100 on UT -14.5....I think it is a lock.

:)

j-6
09-29-2005, 11:02 AM
Virginia Tech 2005 Schedule
at NC State W 20-16
at Duke W 45-0
Ohio W 45-0
Georgia Tech W 51-7
at West Virginia
Marshall
at Maryland
Boston College
Miami-FL
at Virginia
North Carolina
ACC Championship Game

Texas 2005 Schedule
Louisiana-Laf. W 60-3
at Ohio State W 25-22
Rice W 51-10
at Missouri
Oklahoma
Colorado
Texas Tech
at OK State
at Baylor
Kansas
at Texas A&M
XII Championship Game

Southern Cal 2005 Schedule
at Hawaii W 63-17
Arkansas W 70-17
at Oregon W 45-13
at Arizona State
Arizona
at Notre Dame
at Washington
Wash. St.
Stanford
at California
Fresno State
UCLA

Horry For 3!
09-29-2005, 11:30 AM
Well Missouri lost against New Mexico week 2. No shame in that I guess. Tech did the same thing last year. This game makes me a little nervous in that they have put up some offense and it's on the road. Line is 20 I think. When you're trying to get to the Rose Bowl, and about the only thing that can beat you is yuorself and Ohio State going in the toilet, I'm nervous every week. You do realize that if Texas, USC and VT go undefeated we need Ohio State to win the big X, otherwise we are OUT as in "Auburn '04".

Go Horns
Go OSU
You do know that Texas is bad ass on the road? Ohio St found out that they were.

Jimcs50
09-29-2005, 12:03 PM
Line is 20 I think.
Go Horns
Go OSU

No, 14.5.

The only problem I see is they might be peeking ahead to OU the next week and have a let down.

SWC Bonfire
09-29-2005, 12:29 PM
You do know that Texas is bad ass on the road? Ohio St found out that they were.

Just remember the Kansas game last year before you lay your money down.

Jimcs50
09-29-2005, 12:33 PM
Just remember the Kansas game last year before you lay your money down.

The Kansas game was preceding their game against A&M.....again...looking ahead can cost a team...happens over and over......except to USC.

theMUHMEshow
09-29-2005, 12:51 PM
I am pulling for Mizzou

samikeyp
09-29-2005, 01:13 PM
hopefully you are picking Mizzou to win. Much like you picked Michigan to beat ND and OSU to beat Texas. :p

SWC Bonfire
09-29-2005, 01:46 PM
The Kansas game was preceding their game against A&M.....again...looking ahead can cost a team...happens over and over......except to USC.

Yes, and t-sippers play the Sooners next week, don't they?

samikeyp
09-29-2005, 01:54 PM
Yes, and t-sippers play the Sooners next week, don't they?

Not sure what this has to do with A&M but yes, overlooking a team is dangerous.

SWC Bonfire
09-29-2005, 02:21 PM
Not sure what this has to do with A&M but yes, overlooking a team is dangerous.

It has to do with betting the spread on a college game. Not the wisest thing to do.

Mr Dio
09-29-2005, 05:03 PM
hopefully you are picking Mizzou to win. Much like you picked Michigan to beat ND and OSU to beat Texas

:lol

I doubt UT will overlook Mizzou & the 2nd stringers for UT are pretty good besides.

mookie2001
09-29-2005, 05:45 PM
they got rid of strength of schedule all together
although naturally its a big factor in the polls and poll avg is a big factor in the bcs

Cant_Be_Faded
09-29-2005, 06:16 PM
BCS is gayer than Shaq's Arthritic Big Toe.

hussker
10-01-2005, 11:50 AM
Looks like the HORNS are getting ready to open it up! What a run by Vince Young!

hussker
10-01-2005, 11:58 AM
Did the right tackle PUKE on the first play Daniel came in on (for Mizzou)?

hussker
10-01-2005, 12:00 PM
uh-oh...looks like a good game brewing in Columbia...AHHH...those not-so-gimme PATs

hussker
10-01-2005, 12:19 PM
Nice Play By Vy!

Cant_Be_Faded
10-01-2005, 12:24 PM
This game is sloppier than TheTruth's girl

hussker
10-01-2005, 12:26 PM
This game is sloppier than TheTruth's girl

HA! I agree...Hard to gauge the Horns' O in this one

hussker
10-01-2005, 12:27 PM
aTm BU is pretty sloppy too

hussker
10-01-2005, 12:28 PM
8 penalties in the first qtr and a half for the Horns? YOU-GLEE

Horry For 3!
10-01-2005, 12:32 PM
These refs are fucking pitiful, they call all this shit on Texas and don't call shit on Missouri, can you say they want an upset? Yes. Won't happen buddy.

Horry For 3!
10-01-2005, 12:33 PM
They screen pass, Selvin got fucking tackled and on another play you could tell big time Missouri's tackle was holding big time and nothing called.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-01-2005, 12:34 PM
Did anyone see that touchdown catch they didn't even fucking review?

bull shit

Horry For 3!
10-01-2005, 12:34 PM
Did anyone see that touchdown catch they didn't even fucking review?

bull shit
Yes, these refs fucking suck.

Horry For 3!
10-01-2005, 12:35 PM
It is Vince Young time.

hussker
10-01-2005, 12:35 PM
These refs are fucking pitiful, they call all this shit on Texas and don't call shit on Missouri, can you say they want an upset? Yes. Won't happen buddy.

Yeah, it looks pretty chippy. I recall when we went into Columbia in 97 (The CATCH game, Frost to Davison). It was not so much that the refs called penalties, it is the fact that they did not at all and let MIZZOU nearly won that game.

hussker
10-01-2005, 12:36 PM
And yes, it is VY time

Horry For 3!
10-01-2005, 12:38 PM
Selvin Young is actually running pretty good. I still like Jamaal Charles way more.

hussker
10-01-2005, 12:39 PM
Jamaal Charles, if he stays healthy and IN SCHOOL, will be a Heisman candidate and probable winner in a few yrs...

hussker
10-01-2005, 12:40 PM
I thought he had it

Horry For 3!
10-01-2005, 12:41 PM
I don't like these refs, they are not good at all.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-01-2005, 12:41 PM
Melton will destroy his chode

Horry For 3!
10-01-2005, 12:42 PM
All Texas has to do is force the ball from Brad Smith's hands which isn't hard. I saw when the game just started he fumbled like twice. I kept saying to the tv, hit him, hit his arms, he can't hold onto the ball. I was right, he can't hold onto the ball worth shit.

hussker
10-01-2005, 12:44 PM
All Texas has to do is force the ball from Brad Smith's hands which isn't hard. I saw when the game just started he fumbled like twice. I kept saying to the tv, hit him, hit his arms, he can't hold onto the ball. I was right, he can't hold onto the ball worth shit.

True, very true! That is probably BS only weakness

Horry For 3!
10-01-2005, 01:14 PM
Time for Jamaal Charles to run it up on Missouri :smokin

Horry For 3!
10-01-2005, 01:18 PM
Alright, maybe Vince Young to run it up on Missouri

Hook Dem
10-01-2005, 01:35 PM
Horns will make believers out of the haters and non-believers again! Hook 'em Horns!!!!!!!!

Cant_Be_Faded
10-01-2005, 01:48 PM
Melton baby

Horry For 3!
10-01-2005, 02:00 PM
Melton is a big dude

Horry For 3!
10-01-2005, 02:18 PM
Another goal line TD for Melton

Horry For 3!
10-01-2005, 02:45 PM
51 - 20 win for Texas, more like a 51 - 13 because the last TD for Missouri was against the Texas 2nd DEF.