PDA

View Full Version : Best player on the team with 9 FG attempts in a close game..

spursistan
12-28-2015, 11:01 PM
..it is an embarrassing fact for this team...A Parker who is stinking up the joints for the last few games or Manu trying to live in 2007 and wanting to close out a game in 2016 is just not going to cut it, tbh..Why in the hell Parker is put there to brick the last FTs at the expense of an 88% shooter :lmao

loveforthegame
12-28-2015, 11:02 PM
Pretty pathetic. That and not taking the fts when he's the best ft shooter on the team.

Cry Havoc
12-28-2015, 11:05 PM
You're right. Boban should have gotten the ball more this game.

picnroll
12-28-2015, 11:06 PM
If you watched the game you might have noticed he wasn't getting open and when he got the ball he was getting double and triple teamed.

apalisoc_9
12-28-2015, 11:07 PM
:lmao

Been saying it since last year. The veterans try to do too much. The execution in the fourth today again was Piss poor. Ginobili and Parker trying to take pver the fourth quarter just does not work anymore.

Against elite team they are going to shit the bed.

RD2191
12-28-2015, 11:08 PM
Sad tbh. Hopefully Pop does something about this soon.

TheGreatYacht
12-28-2015, 11:09 PM

TheGreatYacht
12-28-2015, 11:10 PM
OP got the title wrong. Best player on the team got 8FGA tonight...

spursistan
12-28-2015, 11:10 PM

Been saying it since last year. The veterans try to do too much. The execution in the fourth today again was Piss poor. Ginobili and Parker trying to take pver the fourth quarter just does not work anymore.

this team is having a "hierarchy problem" and it is aided by Kawhi not being vocal/assertive enough to enforce it..it's a fucking ridiculous that player who could be ending as 2nd in MVP vote can't be allowed put away the Wolves in reg season game.. only the latter dumbfuckery prevented this from turning into an L..

YGWHI
12-28-2015, 11:12 PM
A really sustainable offense...Manu and Parker taking more shots than Kawhi and shooting worse than him :lol

Parker 2-9 Kawhi 5-9 and still being ignored for whole quarters, amazing job of our two guards...

100%duncan
12-28-2015, 11:12 PM

"Bbbut im against trolling"

RD2191
12-28-2015, 11:13 PM
Havoc is a 2 faced faggot .

Hoops Czar
12-28-2015, 11:15 PM
..it is an embarrassing fact for this team...A Parker who is stinking up the joints for the last few games or Manu trying to live in 2007 and wanting to close out a game in 2016 is just not going to cut it, tbh..Why in the hell Parker is put there to brick the last FTs at the expense of an 88% shooter :lmao

Ball was in his hands versus Houston. But yes, I agree, against these lesser teams, the ball should be in his hands.

100%duncan
12-28-2015, 11:17 PM
"Pacers just robbed the Spurs"

bic50
12-28-2015, 11:17 PM
A really sustainable offense...Manu and Parker taking more shots than Kawhi and shooting worse than him :lol

Parker 2-9 Kawhi 5-9 and still being ignored for whole quarters, amazing job of our two guards...

But kawhi isos are holding teammates back right? They shoot better without him right?
:lol

spursistan
12-28-2015, 11:20 PM
and btw folks, it is quite alarming and sad that Parker regression to Porker status looks to have been officially set in motion in the Rockets game...i just hope i'm totally wrong ..

dabom
12-28-2015, 11:21 PM
and btw folks, it is quite alarming and sad that Parker regression to Porker status looks to have been officially set in motion in the Rockets game...i just hope i'm totally wrong ..

I think he was showing some signs before that.

YGWHI
12-28-2015, 11:22 PM
If you watched the game you might have noticed he wasn't getting open and when he got the ball he was getting double and triple teamed.

He was getting double teamed but not in all plays, he was asking for the ball when he was wide open in the corner and Manu/Boris ignored him and took shots instead of Kawhi.

this team is having a "hierarchy problem" and it is aided by Kawhi not being vocal/assertive enough to enforce it..
Not sure if he isn't vocal enough. Tonight, he throw his arms in the air asking for the ball, then nobody passed him the ball, and he returned to defense being visibly frustrated...

Cry Havoc
12-28-2015, 11:25 PM

I can see why someone like you would think that making a joke = trolling. Pretty sad.

dabom
12-28-2015, 11:26 PM
I can see why someone like you would think that making a joke = trolling. Pretty sad.

Any long cat pics faggot? You must know a lot about trolling. :lmao

100%duncan
12-28-2015, 11:26 PM

Oh sorry, I thought jokes were supposed to be funny.

YGWHI
12-28-2015, 11:27 PM
But kawhi isos are holding teammates back right? They shoot better without him right?
:lol

Everytime I think how much other teams like Clippers or Memphis need a player like Kawhi...and how he would get all the touches he deserves there...how many games those teams would win with him...

It's very frustrating the way the Spurs play Kawhi...very frustrating.

Cry Havoc
12-28-2015, 11:28 PM
Havoc is a 2 faced faggot .

:cry

tholdren
12-28-2015, 11:28 PM
kl is afraid of the moment - otherwise he wouldn't shoot gay jumpers or let tp get to the line more than him. until kl man's up there is nothing to be said.

TheGreatYacht
12-28-2015, 11:30 PM
kl is afraid of the moment - otherwise he wouldn't shoot gay jumpers or let tp get to the line more than him. until kl man's up there is nothing to be said.
:cry but Tayshaun Prince was great back in 06, tough matchup for Kiwi :cry

Cry Havoc
12-28-2015, 11:30 PM
Oh sorry, I thought jokes were supposed to be funny.

You missed the part about me not caring what idiots think of my posts.

Fortunately it's easy to fix that.

RD2191
12-28-2015, 11:31 PM
Watch out fellas, we don't want his girlfriend coming in here to defend him. :lol

dafonearth
12-28-2015, 11:31 PM
They need to run pnr or screens with kawhi. The double teams are coming hard and every time he passes back out the play basically resets; so, it's a waste. I don't understand why the coaching staff isn't trying to integrate him more into the offense and/or get him easier looks/better position.

Hoops Czar
12-28-2015, 11:33 PM
Everytime I think how much other teams like Clippers or Memphis need a player like Kawhi...and how he would get all the touches he deserves there...how many games those teams would win with him...

It's very frustrating the way the Spurs play Kawhi...very frustrating.

Or Minnesota for that matter :rolleyes. Speaking of the Clippers, they have two of the best offensive players in the game. Why would they need Kawhi taking shots away from Blake and CP3?

YGWHI
12-28-2015, 11:39 PM
Ball was in his hands versus Houston. But yes, I agree, against these lesser teams, the ball should be in his hands.

In Kawhi's hands? Kidding, right? Kawhi was guarding by Harden during almost 8 minutes in the 3rd quarter, he was asking for the ball in the post and got it just...once. 1. ONE.

Obviously, he took the last shot, a desperation 3's...but if the team would have exploited his favorable matchup, the Spurs would not have needed a desperation shot to win the game in Houston.

bic50
12-28-2015, 11:42 PM
greatcuck and trolldren are a couple of dumbphucks

YGWHI
12-28-2015, 11:42 PM
Or Minnesota for that matter :rolleyes. Speaking of the Clippers, they have two of the best offensive players in the game. Why would they need Kawhi taking shots away from Blake and CP3?

Yep...because the Clippers can't adapt his offense to a guy who takes 15 FGA per game and scores 20 ppg, even Crawford two years ago was taking the same shots than Kawhi.

Of course...you would rather give the ball to Crawford than Kawhi. Don't be stupid Hoops.

dbreiden83080
12-28-2015, 11:47 PM
The good news is, he is so well-rounded that he has an impact on all facets of the game. So even when he should be getting the ball more, it's not like he is not making a big impact.

bic50
12-28-2015, 11:47 PM
The good news is, he is so well-rounded that he has an impact on all facets of the game. So even when he should be getting the ball more, it's not like he is not making a big impact.

Agreed

100%duncan
12-28-2015, 11:48 PM
You missed the part about me not caring what idiots think of my posts.

Fortunately it's easy to fix that.

Ok tough guy :tu

YGWHI
12-28-2015, 11:51 PM
I don't understand why the coaching staff isn't trying to integrate him more into the offense and/or get him easier looks/better position.

In five years the only play they consistently call for him is an iso-post...Sadly, that won't change, Pop will give him the ball to take the last shot like the game in Chicago or Houston, without screens, without any help... Just to figure out how to score a desperation shot.

YGWHI
12-28-2015, 11:55 PM

Nobody doubts his big impact on the game, but it's hard to continue developing him on offense if he doesn't get the ball more often...that's all.

SpursFan86
12-28-2015, 11:58 PM
Yes, ideally we'd like Kawhi to have more than 9 FGA in a game. We still won and the offense still performed at a fairly high level.

There's really no need to freak out. Cavs just won a game where LeBron took 10 shots - should they be melting down? It's one regular season game for fucks sake. I'd like to see his volume increase a bit as the season goes on but some of you here are just making it out to be a way bigger deal than it really is. Judging by some of the posts here you'd think he's averaging 12 FGA and we're about to be headed into the playoffs.

100%duncan
12-29-2015, 12:01 AM
Yes, ideally we'd like Kawhi to have more than 9 FGA in a game. We still won and the offense still performed at a fairly high level.

There's really no need to freak out. Cavs just won a game where LeBron took 10 shots - should they be melting down? It's one regular season game for fucks sake. I'd like to see his volume increase a bit as the season goes on but some of you here are just making it out to be a way bigger deal than it really is. Judging by some of the posts here you'd think he's averaging 12 FGA and we're about to be headed into the playoffs.

Lebron can shoot 5 fga and still win the East. This was a close game against a bottom 5 team in the league.

Hoops Czar
12-29-2015, 12:03 AM
In Kawhi's hands? Kidding, right? Kawhi was guarding by Harden during almost 8 minutes in the 3rd quarter, he was asking for the ball in the post and got it just...once. 1. ONE.

Obviously, he took the last shot, a desperation 3's...but if the team would have exploited his favorable matchup, the Spurs would not have needed a desperation shot to win the game in Houston.

I was actually referring to the play before the bricked three where he had two opportunities on the same possession to drive by Capella and he simply couldn't do it. He finally had to settle for a low % Fade away from the left baseline.

Yep...because the Clippers can't adapt his offense to a guy who take less than 15 FGA per game and score 20 ppg, even Crawford a few years ago was taking the same shots than Kawhi.

Of course...you would rather to give the ball to Crawford than Kawhi. Don't be stupid Hoops.

I thought the Clippers were one of the worst coached teams in professional sports? That's not what I'm saying at all. The Clippers could use his defense because good defense creates more offensive opportunities. However, in crunchtime, why would you make Leonard your go to guy when you have two players that are better on that side of the ball?

100%duncan
12-29-2015, 12:04 AM
"Spurs got robbed"
"Ghill for a scrub"

SpursFan86
12-29-2015, 12:05 AM
Lebron can shoot 5 fga and still win the East. This was a close game against a bottom 5 team in the league.

It's a regular season game against a non-contender...if this happened in a playoff game, fine, melt down all you want. A regular season game against Minnesota isn't indicative of what will happen in a playoff series.

I just got back from the game and am too lazy to look it up myself, but does someone want to provide Kawhi's average FGA against good teams this year? Seems like the majority of games we've played against actually good teams, he's shot a decent amount.

YGWHI
12-29-2015, 12:08 AM
There's really no need to freak out. Cavs just won a game where LeBron took 10 shots - should they be melting down?

It's not a fair comparision really. Kawhi has scored only 6 and 7 points in the first quarters of the last two games and didn't even shoot in the second quarter of those games.

Not sure how many consecutive games the Cavs have played where James didn't even shoot in a whole 2nd quarter.

dbreiden83080
12-29-2015, 12:09 AM
Nobody doubts his big impact on the game, but it's hard to continue developing him on offense if he doesn't get the ball more often...that's all.

Quite frankly there are a lot of players on this team that need the ball. I think he for the most part is getting it the right amount. The Spurs are not going anywhere if we basically freeze Tony Parker out of the offense. He has a lot of haters on here that are morons. Tony is still a very good point guard and we need his offense.

dafonearth
12-29-2015, 12:12 AM
It's definitely not the same thing comparing Lebron's and Kawhi's shot attempts. Don't know bout this season, but in the past the offense is basically run through Lebron every play. He always gets a touch and then he can make a play for someone if he doesn't shoot. Kawhi doesn't even touch the ball sometimes and when he does it's setup so poorly that the other team can just double team him out of it. The Spurs are not using Kawhi to their offense's advantage!

spurraider21
12-29-2015, 12:12 AM
Ok tough guy :tu
he's pretty edgy

SpursFan86
12-29-2015, 12:14 AM
It's not a fair comparision really. Kawhi has scored only 6 and 7 points in the first quarters of the last two games and didn't even shoot in the second quarter of those games.

Not sure how many consecutive games the Cavs have played where James didn't even shoot in a whole 2nd quarter.

Well LeBron only took 13 shots against Portland the other night (granted he didn't play in the 4th because it was a blowout).

My point is that melting down because your best player didn't take a ton of shots in a regular season game against a mediocre opponent is stupid...especially when your team still won and the offense still played fairly well.

Again, make these topics if we lose a playoff game because Kawhi takes 9 shots. Not because we won against a non-playoff team in the regular season and Kawhi didn't get as good of a statline as you wanted. Of course we need Kawhi taking more shots in the long run, but over the course of the season his volume has been fine (although I'd still like to see him get another ~2 extra shots a game given how efficient he's been).

YGWHI
12-29-2015, 12:19 AM
I was actually referring to the play before the bricked three where he had two opportunities on the same possession to drive by Capella and he simply couldn't do it. He finally had to settle for a low % Fade away from the left baseline.

And again...If they would have gave the ball to Kawhi in the 3rd and exploited his matchup, he would not have been cold in the last quarter.
If a guy doesn't touch the ball in a whole quarter it's likely he gets cold.

The Clippers could use his defense because good defense creates more offensive opportunities.

They could use just his defense...

The guy has a favorable matchup against almost all wings in the NBA, shooting overall 50FG%, one of the best post-up/mid-range combo in the league...but they could use his defense...

ElNono
12-29-2015, 12:23 AM
IMO, more surprising was that they went to LMA in crunch time and the dude panicked with the double team and ended up turning it over...

AFMadison
12-29-2015, 12:24 AM
"Spurs got robbed"
"Ghill for a scrub"
Truth Nukem

Hoops Czar
12-29-2015, 12:28 AM
And again...If they would have gave the ball to Kawhi in the 3rd and exploited his matchup, he would not have been cold in the last quarter.
If a guy doesn't touch the ball in a whole quarter it's likely he gets cold.

They could use just his defense...

The guy has a favorable matchup against almost all wings in the NBA, shooting overall 50FG%, one of the best post-up/mid-range combo in the league...but they could use his defense...
he's not taking shots away from Blake or CP3 on a regular basis nor should he. He'd be a third option.

YGWHI
12-29-2015, 12:32 AM
Well LeBron only took 13 shots against Portland the other night (granted he didn't play in the 4th because it was a blowout).

My point is that melting down because your best player didn't take a ton of shots in a regular season game against a mediocre opponent is stupid...especially when your team still won and the offense still played fairly well.

Again, make these topics if we lose a playoff game because Kawhi takes 9 shots. Not because we won against a non-playoff team in the regular season and Kawhi didn't get as good of a statline as you wanted.

Well, it's not this game.

I'm talking about all those games where he didn't even touch the ball for whole quarters... I've said before the Spurs need to continue developing him on offense because he is still a far ways from being a finished product.
He needs the ball in his hands to know when to shoot, when to pass, when the team need him to take over...and he needs they call different plays for him, not just a single iso-post up

It's not about the statline, it's about the way the Spurs play him.

Texas_Ranger
12-29-2015, 12:32 AM
he only had 7 FG attempts!

YGWHI
12-29-2015, 12:36 AM
he's not taking shots away from Blake or CP3 on a regular basis nor should he. He'd be a third option.

2nd option because that could give Paul more rest, but even as 3rd option he would have more FGA with them than playing for the Spurs.

Crawford as 3rd/4th option had 14.7 FGA per game just two years ago...Kawhi as 1st option is taking 15 shots per game.

AFMadison
12-29-2015, 12:36 AM
he only had 7 FG attempts!
Sounds like Kawhi should shoot more.

Texas_Ranger
12-29-2015, 12:42 AM
Sounds like Kawhi should shoot more.

Kawhi?? no, I was talking about Boban.

AFMadison
12-29-2015, 12:47 AM
Kawhi?? no, I was talking about Boban.
I was just joking. Boban is a beast.

YGWHI
12-29-2015, 12:54 AM
IMO, more surprising was that they went to LMA in crunch time and the dude panicked with the double team and ended up turning it over...

Most people could find more surprising that they didn't go to the guy who was handling pretty well the double team and finding the open guys, or didn't go to him in the next offensive play after LMA's turnover, or didn't go to the guy who has the highest free throw percentage on the team to close the game...but not the Spurs fans, we're getting used to it. :D

AFMadison
12-29-2015, 01:02 AM
Most people could find more surprising that they didn't go to the guy who was handling pretty well the double team and finding the open guys, or didn't go to him in the next offensive play after LMA's turnover, or didn't go to the guy who has the highest free throw percentage on the team to close the game...but not the Spurs fans, we're getting used to it. :D
We won. Case closed. If the glove doesn't fit you must acquit.

Obstructed_View
12-29-2015, 01:12 AM
The Spurs should definitely be forcing more shots, and it should be one guy doing it. That worked really well for the Timberwolves in the 4th quarter tonight.

YGWHI
12-29-2015, 01:28 AM
Tony is still a very good point guard and we need his offense.
We need his offense when he looks good, that wasn't the case tonight.

He was shooting bad, took bad decisions...in these nights, most people would expect that Kawhi, who's younger/needs more experience with the ball in his hands/shoots better than Parker, can get more touches than him

Parker is a proven offensive player, the Spurs don't need to develop his offense like with Kawhi. When Parker has a night off, why not give the ball to the young guy who is shooting better than him?

TheMulletMan3000
12-29-2015, 05:05 AM

lebron is shooting worse than kobe from 3pt this year. just to give you something to think about.

SPURt
12-29-2015, 05:14 AM
The T Wolves prioritized Kawhi defensively more than any team I've seen this season.

ceperez
12-29-2015, 05:25 AM
Isn't the Best player in the team the guy who gets paid the most? The max player?

Zero points in the first half, 6 points total. SIX points!

Spurs needed an end of bench player (Boban) to show him how to rough up the opponent.

SAGirl
12-29-2015, 05:42 AM
The end to this game was coached by Messina, so no reference to Pop adjustments.

Kawhi was double teamed super quickly and away from the basket so there was no drive or play to make but pass out.
There wasn't anybody cutting so it reset, and Kawhi didn't get assists and we had to get buckets from others, but Tpups were effective in putting us in a tough situation with less time on the clock and other guys improvising. At one point we were lucky Danny got a midrange shot to go off the dribble. That is a low % shot for Danny. Tony was chaotic. LMA turned it over out of the doubles so he was worse than Kawhi.

Messina could have called for screens, a curl, bunch of other plays they could have run. (for those who wanted more Kawhi post up, this is why its better to have a diverse offense). All things considered, I am just glad we got this one.

Mnky
12-29-2015, 05:52 AM

Parker taking over the 4th against the clips is why the spurs won.

You don't basketball much, do you? :rolleyes

ceperez
12-29-2015, 05:55 AM
The T Wolves prioritized Kawhi defensively more than any team I've seen this season.

T-wolves played pretty good defense. They got length and athleticism.

Spurs play wasn't the greatest, no wonder Pop went ballistic. He just used the ref to throw him out. But the truth, he went ballistic with that bad pass my LMA that led to a t-wolves score.

He was thinking, "we went through all this effort for some prima-dona that can't pass, forget it, I quit!".

SAGirl
12-29-2015, 11:54 AM
T-wolves played pretty good defense. They got length and athleticism.

Spurs play wasn't the greatest, no wonder Pop went ballistic. He just used the ref to throw him out. But the truth, he went ballistic with that bad pass my LMA that led to a t-wolves score.

He was thinking, "we went through all this effort for some prima-dona that can't pass, forget it, I quit!".

I know you have been super harsh on LMA, last game he was terrible. In reality some guys are super harsh on Tony bc it suits their annoying agenda, but LMA had a very poor game. Not reflected in Tony stats were all the passes he made trying to set Danny and LMA up, that got us nothing but a cold start. Can't blame that one on Tim.

Tony picked his spots this game, he maybe picked the wrong spots, but he didn't heroball the whole game.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
12-29-2015, 12:12 PM
I know you have been super harsh on LMA, last game he was terrible. In reality some guys are super harsh on Tony bc it suits their annoying agenda, but LMA had a very poor game. Not reflected in Tony stats were all the passes he made trying to set Danny and LMA up, that got us nothing but a cold start. Can't blame that one on Tim.

Tony picked his spots this game, he maybe picked the wrong spots, but he didn't heroball the whole game.

I agree, Parker played a decent game, but Rubio's 6'9" wingspan was giving him fits, especially on his shots. There is a reason Rubio has avg 2.3 spg and 5 rpg despite not being the fastest or most athletic point guard (actually far from it).

SAGirl
12-29-2015, 12:37 PM
I agree, Parker played a decent game, but Rubio's 6'9" wingspan was giving him fits, especially on his shots. There is a reason Rubio has avg 2.3 spg and 5 rpg despite not being the fastest or most athletic point guard (actually far from it).

Rubio has terrific instincts on passing lanes and he's active on defense. I agree that he gave Tony fits at times.