PDA

View Full Version : Best movie 2015?

pookenstein
12-29-2015, 10:47 AM
I just finished the revenant and it was great.

benefactor
12-29-2015, 07:43 PM
Can't wait to see it. Gonna be hard for anything to top Mad Max for me.

Reck
12-29-2015, 07:47 PM
Yeah if Leo doesn't get in Oscar for this perfomance then he'll never get one.

MultiTroll
12-29-2015, 07:53 PM
Zoolander can't get here soon enough.

Boogie Munster
12-29-2015, 09:09 PM
Mad Max: Fury Road

Texas_Ranger
12-29-2015, 10:19 PM
it's between Mad Max and Star Wars, and I go with SW just cause I enjoyed it a little bit more.

HI-FI
12-29-2015, 10:29 PM
I enjoyed The FanFiction Awakens but it's nowhere near the top for me.

I'd say Mad Max is my favorite, followed by The Martian. Still need to see Creed and can't wait to see the Revenant.

Zoolander can't get here soon enough.
this.

Reck
12-29-2015, 11:07 PM
it's between Mad Max and Star Wars, and I go with SW just cause I enjoyed it a little bit more.

LMAO

I enjoyed Star Wars but those movies are never in contention for this kind of awards.

When you put Star Wars against such movies like Mad Max, The Martian, The Revenent, Spotlight and so on, Star Wars doesn't even show on the radar.

Or did you mean personally?

spurraider21
12-29-2015, 11:30 PM
martian > force awakens > mad max

i liked feminist road, saw it twice in fact, but i'm not buying into the massive hype it's gotten

Texas_Ranger
12-29-2015, 11:53 PM
LMAO

I enjoyed Star Wars but those movies are never in contention for this kind of awards.

When you put Star Wars against such movies like Mad Max, The Martian, The Revenent, Spotlight and so on, Star Wars doesn't even show on the radar.

Or did you mean personally?

It's a personal thing. I can see why Mad Max is an overall better movie and I won't bitch if anyone is picking Mad Max or the Martian.... I do still need to see the Revenant and Spotlight tho.

Reck
12-29-2015, 11:55 PM
It's a personal thing. I can see why Mad Max is an overall better movie and I won't bitch if anyone is picking Mad Max or the Martian.... I do still need to see the Revenant and Spotlight tho.

I'm actually pulling for the Revenant. Such amazing acting by Dicaprio.

Tom Hardy also plays the bad guy in it.

I really enjoyed all movies mentioned above though so if either of them win I wouldn't be mad about it.

Death In June
12-30-2015, 12:09 AM
I think Star Wars had a lot of flaws, but the source material kept it high on my personal list. If I were doing a top 10, in descending order, I'd go Mad Max, Star Wars, Sicario, Bone Tomahawk, The Hateful Eight, The Revenant, Spy, The Martian, Creed, Antman (from a need to fill the 10th spot). On the bottom end, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World, Inside Out, Ex Machina, and The Avengers were all pretty terrible.

Supreme_Being
12-30-2015, 01:57 AM
The Imitation Game, hand down.

Leebrix
12-30-2015, 02:37 AM
Just watched the Martian a couple days ago, I wouldn't even rate it top 5 this year probably... dont know what you guys saw in it. was to predictable for my taste, and a tad boring tbh. Hell, I'd rate jurassic world above it and I didn't even care for that too much either.

12-30-2015, 06:04 AM
I think Star Wars had a lot of flaws, but the source material kept it high on my personal list. If I were doing a top 10, in descending order, I'd go Mad Max, Star Wars, Sicario, Bone Tomahawk, The Hateful Eight, The Revenant, Spy, The Martian, Creed, Antman (from a need to fill the 10th spot). On the bottom end, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World, Inside Out, Ex Machina, and The Avengers were all pretty terrible.
No love for Bridge of Spies?

The Reckoning
12-30-2015, 08:33 AM
shitty year for movies

Mark in Austin
12-30-2015, 10:48 AM
Creed. JJ Abrams should be forced to watch it for a week straight. That's how you take a 40 yr old franchise, honor it's past, but chart your own way.

mrsmaalox
12-30-2015, 11:25 AM
I don't do space, post-apocalyptic, or comic book movies but found a couple of really good ones that stood out for me. Has anyone seen Room or Spotlight? I highly recommend them.

vy65
12-30-2015, 12:51 PM
vgqG3ITMv1Q

And it's not even close.

Cry Havoc
12-30-2015, 03:45 PM
I don't do space, post-apocalyptic, or comic book movies but found a couple of really good ones that stood out for me. Has anyone seen Room or Spotlight? I highly recommend them.

I definitely want to see Room.

DPG21920
12-30-2015, 06:16 PM
I'm no where near qualified enough in a technical sense to say which movies were the best. However, for me, when looking at script, acting, cinematography & entertainment:

1. Mad Max: Tremendous beauty with how it was filmed. Extraordinarily entertaining & creative. Very well acted overall and well written.

2. Birdman: Original. Amazing cast & really well done.

3. Creed: Great script, perfect casting and great humanizing element.

4. Whiplash: Best acted movie I saw this year plus a really tight script.

5. The Imitation Game: Very emotional, gripping and enfuriating at the same time.

Have not seen: The Martian, The Revenant, The Big Short or Bridge of Spies (want to see them all).

Texas_Ranger
12-30-2015, 06:19 PM
I'm no where near qualified enough in a technical sense to say which movies were the best. However, for me, when looking at script, acting, cinematography & entertainment:

1. Mad Max: Tremendous beauty with how it was filmed. Extraordinarily entertaining & creative. Very well acted overall and well written.

5. The Imitation Game: Very emotional, gripping and enfuriating at the same time.

Have not seen: The Martian, The Revenant, The Big Short or Bridge of Spies (want to see them all).

Birdman, whiplash and imitation game are from 2014.

DPG21920
12-30-2015, 06:24 PM
Birdman, whiplash and imitation game are from 2014.

:lol really? I could have sworn I saw them all in the theater in January or February of this year, but I obviously could be wrong (US Release?)

Reck
12-30-2015, 07:24 PM
:lol really? I could have sworn I saw them all in the theater in January or February of this year, but I obviously could be wrong (US Release?)

That seems about right.

Some of these movies overlap to 2016.

Like The Revenant for instance. It just barely came out and will be in theaters all of January most likely.

DarrinS
12-30-2015, 07:40 PM
Just got home from Star Wars. It was underwhelming

cd021
12-30-2015, 07:47 PM

Mad Max was excellent. Probably the best movie, i watched in 2015.

Birdman was disappointing. Found it to be original but not very good. There were solid performances in it though.

Imitation Game was rather boring and ,apparently, they took quite a few liberties with the main character. Cumberbatch was good.

Whiplash was excellent. Tied for #1 on my list.

DPG21920
12-30-2015, 07:50 PM
Mad Max was excellent. Probably the best movie, i watched in 2015.

Birdman was disappointing. Found it to be original but not very good. There were solid performances in it though.

Imitation Game was rather boring and ,apparently, they took quite a few liberties with the main character. Cumberbatch was good.

Whiplash was excellent. Tied for #1 on my list.

I don't know the story well enough (Imitation Game) to say, but from what I did read about and what I saw I loved. The performance from BC was truly excellent and the story was pretty incredible. It was also incredibly infuriating and sad how they treated him because he was gay.

LaMarcus Bryant
12-30-2015, 08:29 PM
Creed. JJ Abrams should be forced to watch it for a week straight. That's how you take a 40 yr old franchise, honor it's past, but chart your own way.

Spot on.

LaMarcus Bryant
12-30-2015, 08:30 PM
Every time I've tried to watch mad max, I've fallen asleep some time around the scene where the bad guy is drinking fresh breast milk or whatever that shit was

DPG21920
12-30-2015, 08:51 PM
Every time I've tried to watch mad max, I've fallen asleep some time around the scene where the bad guy is drinking fresh breast milk or whatever that shit was

Nah - you blacked out from excitement.

benefactor
12-30-2015, 09:07 PM
I could watch that final chase scene in Mad Max once a day, every day for the rest of my life and probably never get tired of it. It's the Baldwin Glengarry speech of action sequences.

spurraider21
12-30-2015, 10:59 PM
lol these are obviously personal choices

its not worth arguing which movie is going to be chosen as the best by some panel of old jews

cd021
12-30-2015, 11:25 PM
I don't know the story well enough (Imitation Game) to say, but from what I did read about and what I saw I loved. The performance from BC was truly excellent and the story was pretty incredible. It was also incredibly infuriating and sad how they treated him because he was gay.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Imitation_Game#Controversy

Among other things, The movie mentioned that BCs character committed suicide, from what I've read its much less clear

Nbadan
12-31-2015, 12:07 AM
Mad Max is a guy flick, and guy flicks don't win MOTY

Saved By Zero
12-31-2015, 12:26 AM
Star Wars hands down.

Texas_Ranger
12-31-2015, 10:01 AM
Just saw the Revenant. The first battle scene is shot phenomenal, but then the next 2 hours of the film are pretty boring. I will say that the camera work is great and the movie looks great but I can't say this is the best thing I saw this year.... Oh and Leonardo can survive everything I guess.

z0sa
12-31-2015, 10:04 AM
Mad Max, really? I havent seen it but I doubted until now that it'd be anywhere near anyone's top movie list.

hater
12-31-2015, 11:12 AM
LOL at the nomines.

Birdman - its a monumentous piece of garbage. guy talks to himself, guy tries to act, guy thinks he can fly and has superpowers. shit movie per par

Star wars - crappier version of Episode 4. Does Disney really think they can rehash the same exact plot and call it the next episode?? :lmao what a waste of time. And the bad guy? one of the nerdies, geekies most emo pathetic movie bad guys of all time. :lol

Mad Max - havent seen it but no need. shit sucks.

hater
12-31-2015, 11:13 AM
(edited)

Best movie of 2015 IMO = What We Do In the Shadows. Fucking hilarious. One of the best comedies ever.

Runner up: Hotel Transylvannia 2. Flawless.

hater
12-31-2015, 11:18 AM
Oh and just saw It Follows. Probably the best old 80s tribute horror movies ever.

you watch that movie blazed and you will freak out

DPG21920
12-31-2015, 12:46 PM
(edited)

Best movie of 2015 IMO = What We Do In the Shadows. Fucking hilarious. One of the best comedies ever.

Runner up: Hotel Transylvannia 2. Flawless.

WWDITS is hilarious.

~O~
12-31-2015, 04:13 PM
http://www.imdb.com/year/2015 (http://www.imdb.com/search/title?at=0&sort=num_votes******=51&title_type=feature&year=2015,2015)

BY number of votes.

My top 5 are:

1. Mad Max Fury Road (Play it Loud on 5.1 or 7.1) Excellent movie with non CLICHE...ACTION. Viewers say the movie has no plot because they aren't imaginative. You can infer what the plot is if you aren't dumb as fuck.

They've ran out of water and resources. They are forced to rely on extremely scarce sources of nutrients. There's no animals or trees in existence. Just some scavenger animals left. Everything is dust so the world probably went through something such a WW or natural global disaster. There's obviously no source of education. Everyone is presumed to be barbaric and in beliefs.

2. Inside Out (An excellent movie that is easily ignored because Disney Studio. Disney's out of the ordinary movies have been excellent for the past couple of years; Big Hero 6, Wreck It Ralph) Disney Movies aren't really about cunts falling in love with white nights anymore which is their perception. They've moved on.

3. The Martian (Very non watered down movie of political issues, and problems nasa faces when dealing with every day decisions.) This had a touch of interstellar to me because the main protagonist did not go gentle. I would have placed it in front of if it wasn't only just about saving someone. The Score was subtle but superb.

4. Star Wars: The Force Awakens. (I havent' ever watched a star wars movie but I'm guessing disney has went all out on this. I'll probably have to move it to the top once I begin watching the star wars series. Thus far, it has the best rating this year. It already has 2500 reviews..200,000 votes. It was JUST released. It'll be to the top soon.

Ex Machina

Must watch:

Straight out of Compton
Bridge of Spies
Me and Earl and the Dying Girl
Sicario
SouthPaw
The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
The Revenant

Released in 2014 but mentioned in thread. These are all excellent movies but they'll have to compete with Interstellar which no other movie in 2014 will catch.

WHiplash
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2582802/

The Imitation game
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2084970/

Birdman
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2562232/

Creed
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3076658/

pookenstein
01-02-2016, 09:11 AM
I didn't like SW at all. Should have gone drunk.

The Martian was great. Inspiring. As soon as I finished it I started saving my poop because I want to grow my own potatoes.

01Snake
01-02-2016, 10:13 AM

A fucking retard could have played DiCaprio's role. What did the guy speak, 10 words the whole movie?

Just got home from Star Wars. It was underwhelming

Saw it last night has well. Underwhelming pretty much nails it. Absolutely hilarious people claiming this is the best movie of the year, LOL.

Thread
01-02-2016, 10:44 AM

He shoulda got one when he played DPG in that movie about a grape.

Will Hunting
01-02-2016, 12:23 PM
He shoulda got one when he played DPG in that movie about a grape.

I'm a Leo fan and I never understood why that was considered a good movie.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-02-2016, 12:24 PM
The only 2015 movies I saw were Pitch Perfect II in May with Amanda and Sicario in October with Danielle. Eh

Thread
01-02-2016, 01:47 PM
I'm a Leo fan and I never understood why that was considered a good movie.

Because Depp was in it and then he was considered a big shot.

Though there were a couple story points there that bear watching. The wife & husband (Steenburgen & the male actor who portrayed the husband) did a bang up job. (He) finally has his moment toward the end and it's terrific.

& the fat mother of Depp & Deeps tears up her lines. A lot has gone by in this community with her that we don't see, but, it's left it's mark. I like that in a film...where everything isn't shown, but, has happened. Hell, we're intelligent.

Will Hunting
01-02-2016, 02:10 PM
Because Depp was in it and then he was considered a big shot.

Though there were a couple story points there that bear watching. The wife & husband (Steenburgen & the male actor who portrayed the husband) did a bang up job. (He) finally has his moment toward the end and it's terrific.

& the fat mother of Depp & Deeps tears up her lines. A lot has gone by in this community with her that we don't see, but, it's left it's mark. I like that in a film...where everything isn't shown, but, has happened. Hell, we're intelligent.

The whole storyline is cliche. The family in the small town needs to be cared for by the older brother because mom has fallen apart ever since dad killed himself, but the older brother might lose his job because the evil corporate grocery chain is putting the small family store he works at out of business!

Yeah, so depressing. What a fucking travesty that small town America got destroyed by the politicians it supported/voted for.

Thread
01-02-2016, 02:47 PM
The whole storyline is cliche. The family in the small town needs to be cared for by the older brother because mom has fallen apart ever since dad killed himself, but the older brother might lose his job because the evil corporate grocery chain is putting the small family store he works at out of business!

Yeah, so depressing. What a fucking travesty that small town America got destroyed by the politicians it supported/voted for.

It is cliche but, this cast lifts it close to above their shoulders, especially the fat mother role.

"small town America" portrayed like this and in many, many other films "Fire in the Sky" - a bunch of others that don't come easily to mind is grim, Will. I don't like watching squalor like this. It's dampening to the spirit.

Will Hunting
01-02-2016, 03:03 PM
"small town America" portrayed like this and in many, many other films "Fire in the Sky" - a bunch of others that don't come easily to mind is grim, Will. I don't like watching squalor like this. It's dampening to the spirit.

Those films are made so bleeding heart libs can go to the movies and convince themselves that they relate to small town American after seeing a movie that touches on the issues it faces, all the while they support people like Hillary Clinton and Hussein Obama who don't give two shits about rural America.

Thread
01-02-2016, 03:28 PM
Those films are made so bleeding heart libs can go to the movies and convince themselves that they relate to small town American after seeing a movie that touches on the issues it faces, all the while they support people like Hillary Clinton and Hussein Obama who don't give two shits about rural America.

Well, something is up because it is unrelenting, movie after movie.

Reck
01-02-2016, 07:58 PM
A fucking retard could have played DiCaprio's role. What did the guy speak, 10 words the whole movie?

Who gives a fuck.

Since when does acting=mean talking non stop?

What the fuck kind of movies are you watching that words actually are what's winning you awards? Romantic flicks or some shit? :lol

It's all about the acting and how you portray a character and what he does. Has nothing to do with words. All performance.

Thread
01-02-2016, 08:22 PM
I know it's not from 2015, but, I DVR'ed "Life" from '99 this afternoon in HD with Murphy & Lawrence as two inmates in a Mississippi prison in the '30s-current day. Holds up quite nicely till close to the end, then it become useless. It's does contain a real sweet sequence about midway where Murphy tells his fellow inmates about a nightclub {Boom Boom Room} he envisions in Harlem. Each of the fellows is shown in the nightclub and the sequence is done with the best production, and the music playing behind is incredible. I loved this part.

timtonymanu
01-02-2016, 08:42 PM
The Gift, Creed, and the Martian were my top 3 movies of 2015.

Reck
01-02-2016, 08:42 PM
I know it's not from 2015, but, I DVR'ed "Life" from '99 this afternoon in HD with Murphy & Lawrence as two inmates in a Mississippi prison in the '30s-current day. Holds up quite nicely till close to the end, then it become useless. It's does contain a real sweet sequence about midway where Murphy tells his fellow inmates about a nightclub {Boom Boom Room} he envisions in Harlem. Each of the fellows is shown in the nightclub and the sequence is done with the best production, and the music playing behind is incredible. I loved this part.

Back when Murphy was still making good movies.

Thread
01-02-2016, 09:02 PM
Back when Murphy was still making good movies.

Yep, and even here you see he's getting lazy/too quick & repetitive.

baseline bum
01-02-2016, 09:10 PM
Straight Outta Compton

Texas_Ranger
01-02-2016, 09:44 PM
I like Leonardo, but no, that was not an oscar worthy performance... Would't be mad if he got it tho, cause he should have had one already.

Thread
01-02-2016, 09:45 PM
Again, not of '15, but, they're showing "Rounders" on my cable. I'm DVR'ing and watching. Can pick it up anywhere along the way and it's just top shelf. Never grows old. You see it on the cable listing guide and your heart jumps. Unbelievable.

POPownsJackson
01-03-2016, 02:48 PM
ex machina