PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi's FGA, PPG & FG% all down in December.

TheDoctor
12-29-2015, 10:55 AM
Kawhi has seen his scoring take a dip in this month, averaging 19.1 points compared to his 22.9 PPG in November. The obvious reason for this is that he's taking 3.3 fewer shot attempts per game (just 13.3 FGA vs 16.6 FGA). Along with his FGA and scoring, his FG% has taken a little dip too converting on 49 percent, 3% less than last month.

Is this less KL's usage something by design? Could Danny's Ice Age shooting period has to do with it? Because now the ball isn't that much in Kawhi's hands and he's been relegated to stand on a corner or roaming the 3pt line for that lethal elbow trey?

In comparison, Parker has been shooting the ball pretty poorly over the last few games, shooting just 29% from the field while taking 1.1 more FGA than Kawhi in that span.

Thoughts?

dabom
12-29-2015, 11:01 AM
Apol pointed this trend out like 3 weeks ago. Crucified by shitty vanilla posters.

But back on topic. I don't like this trend. He needs to get more plays for him. He needs more practice for the playoffs. Don't be surprised when he only scores 19-21ppg in the playoffs and people want him to do more. Well he needs to get involved right now.

TheMulletMan3000
12-29-2015, 11:06 AM
Long season: can't shoot lights out every night. One game KL or LMA will have above 15 FGA, next below 10 FGA. Depends how opponent plays, what are Spurs advantages in a particular game, crazy Pop experiment etc. Probably nothing important. Parker needs rest ASAP. We need Tony with legs to win in general and especially in the playoffs. He's been looking great this year and it sucks to see him like this.

TheMulletMan3000
12-29-2015, 11:12 AM
Apol pointed this trend out like 3 weeks ago. Crucified by shitty vanilla posters.

But back on topic. I don't like this trend. He needs to get more plays for him. He needs more practice for the playoffs. Don't be surprised when he only scores 19-21ppg in the playoffs and people want him to do more. Well he needs to get involved right now.

They will involve him more, probably after the All-star break and we will see the team on top of the game, hopefully. He doesn't need to prove anything scoring 30 on Minnesota in December and get mentally and physically gassed come playoffs.

dabom
12-29-2015, 11:15 AM
They will involve him more, probably after the All-star break and we will see the team on top of the game, hopefully. He doesn't need to prove anything scoring 30 on Minnesota in December and get mentally and physically gassed come playoffs.

I don't want him to score 30. I just want him to be a more focal point of the offense. The system doesn't allow that. We'll see how this trend continues.

Mel_13
12-29-2015, 11:20 AM
Kawhi has seen his scoring take a dip in this month, averaging 19.1 points compared to his 22.9 PPG in November. The obvious reason for this is that he's taking 3.3 fewer shot attempts per game (just 13.3 FGA vs 16.6 FGA). Along with his FGA and scoring, his FG% has taken a little dip too converting on 49 percent, 3% less than last month.

Is this less KL's usage something by design? Could Danny's Ice Age shooting period has to do with it? Because now the ball isn't that much in Kawhi's hands and he's been relegated to stand on a corner or roaming the 3pt line for that lethal elbow trey?

In comparison, Parker has been shooting the ball pretty poorly over the last few games, shooting just 29% from the field while taking 1.1 more FGA than Kawhi in that span.

Thoughts?

Minutes down.

TS% up.

Assists up.

Turnovers down.

He's remained extremely efficient while making more plays for his teammates.

Nathan89
12-29-2015, 11:24 AM
Good. The team needs to try to get more from other players not just give it to Kawhi. Unless you want an ill prepared team come playoff time.

SAGirl
12-29-2015, 11:36 AM
Minutes down.

TS% up.

Assists up.

Turnovers down.

He's remained extremely efficient while making more plays for his teammates.

Mostly this he has been doubled aggressively. Even in the past Denver game we saw it. So he's been passing out. It's not reflected in assists bc sometimes it resets or it turn into a hockey assist.

POP had been happy with that and has not made adjustments yet. Apparently to me, he wants to develop this aspect, passing out of double-team's.

POP still developing Boban (he gets shots in a short period, if you share some court time with him, you sill probably not shoot much), Simmons and Anderson get court time quickly if the game is well in hand fir the same reason. Although Pop has still been mindful of at least 30mins even in easy games for both LMA and Kawhi to keep their stats respectable.

Finally, Pop's SL offense has been somewhat predictable. Guys who post up are getting doubled quickly and when catching the ball way out of the paint. Regular season, something Pop will have to address.

TrainOfThought5
12-29-2015, 11:46 AM
Non-issue

All Mighty Janitor
12-29-2015, 12:25 PM
Good. The team needs to try to get more from other players not just give it to Kawhi. Unless you want an ill prepared team come playoff time.

If this is about team preparedness then Kawhi needs touches to develop his passing more, right? I understand players will have down games where the ball just doesn't find them, but this is happening more and more this season for Kawhi.

Galileo
12-29-2015, 12:27 PM

Thoughts?

This is just random statistical fluctuation.

sasaint
12-29-2015, 12:53 PM
This is just random statistical fluctuation.

For the most part. But also, in several recent games we have seen a lot more of the second and even third unit than early on. Just for example, Bonner has seen some floor time in December. Simmons, Anderson, Boban have all seen their minutes go up this month I believe. There have been a couple of games where it was almond st like Pop was treating our second unit as if it were the first and our third unit as if it were the second. To my eyes, Kawhi's scoring dipping slightly is a function of less playing time. To my eyes his shot has seemed a little off, but did we really expect him to shoot .490 from 3 all season?

Mr Bones
12-29-2015, 01:05 PM
There were so many blow outs by the Spurs in December and that makes the statistical results sketchy at best. At least half of the games, Kawhi was sitting on the bench, done for the night. Plus, it would be absurd to expect Kawhi to shoot nearly 50% from 3 all year.

For Apo, this is just part of that same stupid conspiracy theory that Pop & the players are actually trying to hold Kawhi back, like last season when Pop was "screwing Kawhi over," leading to Apo's "source" letting him know that Kawhi was definitely leaving in free agency. The krew always conveniently forgets to mention that brilliant prophecy...

td4mvp21
12-29-2015, 01:07 PM
Spurs offensive efficiency by month:

November: 102.5 (10th in the league)
December: 111.6 (1st in the league)

I'd like Kawhi to get more touches too, but the offense in December has been great, statistically speaking.

ChumpDumper
12-29-2015, 01:11 PM

I'd like Kawhi to get more touches too, but the offense in December has been great, statistically speaking.Player fans would rather have their player have better numbers than the team.

td4mvp21
12-29-2015, 01:19 PM
Player fans would rather have their player have better numbers than the team.

Spurs also lead the league in TS%, eFG%, and Net Rating for December :lol

The offense still looks awkward at times, but they're clearly doing something right.

ChumpDumper
12-29-2015, 01:21 PM
Spurs also lead the league in TS%, eFG%, and Net Rating for December :lol

The offense still looks awkward at times, but they're clearly doing something right.:cryBut my player!:cry

dabom
12-29-2015, 01:38 PM
2015-16 Real Plus-Minus

RK
NAME
TEAM
GP
MPG
ORPM (http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/ORPM)
DRPM (http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/DRPM)
RPM (http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/RPM)
WINS (http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/WINS)

Russell Westbrook (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3468/russell-westbrook), PG
OKC

Stephen Curry (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3975/stephen-curry), PG
GS

Kawhi Leonard (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6450/kawhi-leonard), SF
SA

LeBron James (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1966/lebron-james), SF
CLE

Kawhi balling in december. He's just not getting enough plays for him. We aren't going to play december cupcake teams in the playoffs. Ya some stupid fucks. :lmao

ChumpDumper
12-29-2015, 01:42 PM
:cryBut my player!:cry

Mr Bones
12-29-2015, 01:57 PM
Apo predicted Kawhi would average 23 ppg this year and bet someone money that he'd average 21 ppg, so he's got ulterior motives. If the Spurs win the NBA championship and Kawhi finishes the season with a 20.8 ppg average, he'll be pissed. That's what player fans do.

Mr Bones
12-29-2015, 01:59 PM

Splits
12-29-2015, 02:18 PM
Apo predicted Kawhi would average 23 ppg this year and bet someone money that he'd average 21 ppg, so he's got ulterior motives. If the Spurs win the NBA championship and Kawhi finishes the season with a 20.8 ppg average, he'll be pissed. That's what player fans do.

Yes, I took the $100 bet. To a Pinoy, that's like $1000, so yes he absolutely has a reason to player-fan

Mr Bones
12-29-2015, 02:24 PM
Yes, I took the $100 bet. To a Pinoy, that's like $1000, so yes he absolutely has a reason to player-fan

Yeah, someone else in the krew bet $100 that Parker would shoot under 45% for the season... just shows what the krew is-- all emotion, little brains...

Mr Bones
12-29-2015, 02:24 PM

Splits
12-29-2015, 02:43 PM
Yeah, someone else in the krew bet $100 that Parker would shoot under 45% for the season... just shows what the krew is-- all emotion, little brains...

Pretty sure it was that retard FkLa and spurraider21 :lol Parker the best shooting % in the league for a guard

Spurs_619
12-29-2015, 02:54 PM
Parker is just jealous of the props Kawhi has been getting from the media. He has always been a selfish fat french faggot nothing new here.

dabom
12-29-2015, 02:58 PM
Parker is just jealous of the props Kawhi has been getting from the media. He has always been a selfish fat french faggot nothing new here.

They have family you know. :lol

Spurs_619
12-29-2015, 03:00 PM
They have family you know. :lol

Having 8 cats doesn't count as family. :lmao

ducks
12-29-2015, 03:00 PM
Better spread it around not wear him out come playoff time

RD2191
12-29-2015, 03:20 PM
:lmao

bic50
12-29-2015, 03:36 PM

Damn :lmao

dabom
12-29-2015, 04:00 PM

TheGreatYacht
12-29-2015, 04:54 PM

TheGreatYacht
12-29-2015, 04:55 PM
Kiwi coming back down to his role player self just like he did vs LAC, nothing to see here. LMAlpha needs the ball more tbh

TheGreatYacht
12-29-2015, 04:57 PM

I'd like Kawhi to get more touches too, but the offense in December has been great, statistically speaking.
Proof KawhISOS are cancerous, good on Pop limiting that just enough to where he still plays a little bit of defense

bic50
12-29-2015, 05:05 PM
But but but greatcumdumpster doesn't hate on kawhi...

YGWHI
12-29-2015, 05:09 PM
Kiwi coming back down to his role player self just like he did vs LAC
Love this.

When the media talk about Kawhi, the MVP race, being the best player on the team, top RPM, top PER, the best shooter, top def ratings...you're more likely to have an aneurysm than any other hater here...:lmao

Galileo
12-29-2015, 05:11 PM
For the most part. But also, in several recent games we have seen a lot more of the second and even third unit than early on. Just for example, Bonner has seen some floor time in December. Simmons, Anderson, Boban have all seen their minutes go up this month I believe. There have been a couple of games where it was almond st like Pop was treating our second unit as if it were the first and our third unit as if it were the second. To my eyes, Kawhi's scoring dipping slightly is a function of less playing time. To my eyes his shot has seemed a little off, but did we really expect him to shoot .490 from 3 all season?

basically, more blowouts means more time for backups. as td4mvp21 also basically noted.

dabom
12-29-2015, 05:12 PM
But but but greatcumdumpster doesn't hate on kawhi...

dude is a parker fanboi. You can check out some really old threads where he jizzing all over porker. :lmao

ChumpDumper
12-29-2015, 05:15 PM
But but but greatcumdumpster doesn't hate on kawhi...I don't, dumbass.

I am making fun of people like you and the jizzrag posting above.

Spurs_619
12-29-2015, 05:16 PM
Meow meow meow i love cats and fat french heroballing men.

:lol

bic50
12-29-2015, 05:23 PM
I don't, dumbass.

I am making fun of people like you and the jizzrag posting above.

Ummm I was not referring to you :lol. I actually have no issue with you tbh.
But why exactly would you make fun of me? greatcuck is a fraud disguising it's hate for kawhi as a counter to parker hate.

dabom
12-29-2015, 05:24 PM
But why exactly would you make fun of me? greatcuck is a fraud disguising it's hate for kawhi as a counter to parker hate.

Chump a tier below those guys. Comic relief at best. :lol

ChumpDumper
12-29-2015, 05:25 PM
But I don't understand why you would make fun of me,He's just countertrolling tbh.

You guys collectively bite on it more than people bite on the anti-Parker shtick.

TheGreatYacht
12-29-2015, 05:44 PM
This forum was filled with plenty of bball talk during Apo's intervention tbh, Parker has a couple of shit games and it's spamtalk all over again smdh

YGWHI
12-29-2015, 05:45 PM
He's just countertrolling tbh.

Of course...like when he called Kawhi retarded. Nice. Insulting players is countertrolling.

ChumpDumper
12-29-2015, 05:46 PM
Of course...like when he called Kawhi retarded. Nice. Insulting players is countertrolling.Yes, it is. Do you really need to be told these things?

YGWHI
12-29-2015, 05:46 PM
Parker has a couple of shit games and it's spamtalk all over again smdh

You're the only one mentioning Parker in a Kawhi thread, stupid troll.

ChumpDumper
12-29-2015, 05:48 PM
You're the only one mentioning Parker in a Kawhi thread, stupid troll.Parker is mentioned in the OP.

Do you actually read these threads?

TheGreatYacht
12-29-2015, 05:48 PM
You're the only one mentioning Parker in a Kawhi thread, stupid troll.
Look at the front page, you should tell the Krew that tbh

YGWHI
12-29-2015, 05:50 PM
Yes, it is. Do you really need to be told these things?

Nah. I just find it surprising that the mods allow trolls here to insult our players. I understand some trolling not the "retarded kid" thing...That's all.

ChumpDumper
12-29-2015, 05:51 PM
Nah. I just find it surprising that the mods allow trolls here to insult our players. I understand some trolling not the insults...That's all.Had you ever called out krew members for insulting Parker and LMA, I might not doubt your sincerity.

YGWHI
12-29-2015, 05:56 PM
Parker is mentioned in the OP.

Do you actually read these threads?
In the OP? I read OP and says Kawhi taking less shots, says something about Parker too? Weird.

ChumpDumper
12-29-2015, 06:01 PM
In the OP? I read OP and says Kawhi taking less shots, says something about Parker too? Weird.Yes, Parker is mentioned too.

You can tell because he uses the word "Parker."

bic50
12-29-2015, 06:02 PM
He's just countertrolling tbh.

You guys collectively bite on it more than people bite on the anti-Parker shtick.

It's been more counterproductive then anything.
Thing is I usually just call it out rather then resort to hating on parker or aldridge (seemingly it's 2 favorite players) to counter it's kawhi hate.

YGWHI
12-29-2015, 06:05 PM
Had you ever called out krew members for insulting Parker and LMA, I might not doubt your sincerity.

I never called Parker Porker, never wished him an injury, and I always say LMA is a DREAM addition...so better you don't doubt my sincerity.

But that's it all? Why do you try to justify a guy calling Kawhi retarded because other called Parker Porker?

He's not better than the others guys. In fact, he's a disgrace to this board.

ChumpDumper
12-29-2015, 06:05 PM
It's been more counterproductive then anything.
Thing is I usually just call it out rather then resort to hating on parker or aldridge (seemingly it's 2 favorite players) to counter it's kawhi hate.Yet you never call out the Parker/LMA hate. Do you find it productive?

YGWHI
12-29-2015, 06:08 PM
Yes, Parker is mentioned too.

You can tell because he uses the word "Parker."

I'll give OP and this thread a second read then...

Kool Bob Love
12-29-2015, 06:20 PM
Kiwi coming back down to his role player self just like he did vs LAC, nothing to see here. LMAlpha needs the ball more tbh

Proof KawhISOS are cancerous, good on Pop limiting that just enough to where he still plays a little bit of defense

This forum was filled with plenty of bball talk during Apo's intervention tbh, Parker has a couple of shit games and it's spamtalk all over again smdh

Look at the front page, you should tell the Krew that tbh

bic50
12-29-2015, 06:25 PM
Yet you never call out the Parker/LMA hate. Do you find it productive?

I see those with the constant kawhi hate typically get away it.
Calling kawhi kawitism or calling him retarded and mocking him for it is low. greatcuck is guilty of contributing to that garbage.

ChumpDumper
12-29-2015, 06:28 PM
I see those with the constant kawhi hate typically get away it.How? You and the krew jump on every single instance.

Calling kawhi kawitism or calling him retarded and mocking him for it is low. greatcuck is guilty of contributing to that garbage.And barely anyone else.

You're really sensitive about the insults directed at Kawhi but no one else really.

Why is that?

YGWHI
12-29-2015, 06:32 PM

Still don't get this...Why should the Spurs fans celebrate that the player, who has been great from just about any spot on the court, shooting better than the rest of our guys, is getting 3.3 fewer shots per game?

Not sure since when if your most efficient player has fewer shots that's good for the team and sustainable in the long run.

Kawhi's still a far ways away from being a finished product on the offensive end.

We can all agree that it's so hard to develop a player if he doesn't have the ball in his hands very often...Kawhi getting more touches would help to continue developing him on that end.

Developing Kawhi isn't about him as individual player, it's about him helping the Spurs to win games and titles being the best player that he can be if they play him to his strengths...

Getting less and less opportunities (3.3 FGA in the Spurs offensive system is a strong number) to improve him doesn't seem the way.

I understand players will have down games where the ball just doesn't find them, but this is happening more and more this season for Kawhi.
Agree. It's weird/funny that the hot hand concept never applies to Kawhi. He was shooting so well and still couldn't get the ball to create for himself or others.

ChumpDumper
12-29-2015, 06:35 PM
Still don't get this...Why should the Spurs fans celebrate that the player, who has been great from just about any spot on the court, shooting better than the rest of our guys, is getting 3.3 fewer shots per game?Team is doing much better overall and you are whining about your player's individual stats.

I don't expect you to ever get it.

bic50
12-29-2015, 06:37 PM
How? You and the krew jump on every single instance.

And barely anyone else.

You're really sensitive about the insults directed at Kawhi but no one else really.

Why is that?

Of course I do. If not who else will? Or will they just be left to continue their hate?
Which is why I call that clown out only.
Do you feel mocking someone's supposed condition is ok?

YGWHI
12-29-2015, 06:39 PM
Team is doing much better overall and you are whining about your player's individual stats.

I don't expect you to ever get it.

Well, I don't expect you to understand that can't be sustainable in the long run. I can't help if you think the Spurs shouldn't continue to develop Kawhi on offense, or if you think the best thing for them is having a passive Kawhi on that end.

ChumpDumper
12-29-2015, 06:39 PM
Of course I do. If not who else will? Or will they just be left to continue their hate? Your entire krew jumps on every perceived insult.

Do you feel mocking someone's supposed condition is ok?Your a real hypocrite about it. You don't call out anyone else for insulting other players.

ChumpDumper
12-29-2015, 06:40 PM
Well, I don't expect you to understand that can't be sustainable in the long run. I can't help if you think the Spurs shouldn't continue to develop Kawhi on offense, or if you think the best thing for them is having a passive Kawhi on that end.I can't help it if you build straw man after straw man to try to justify your whining about your player; I can only point out your making straw men.

The team's offense needs to be developed. You will never understand this because you only care about one player's stats.

YGWHI
12-29-2015, 06:41 PM
Your a real hypocrite about it. You don't call out anyone else for insulting other players.
Calling other people hypocrite...Like you call out someone for insulting Kawhi on those threads. :lol

ChumpDumper
12-29-2015, 06:42 PM
Calling other people hypocrite...Like you call out someone for insulting Kawhi on those threads. :lolI have.

Several times.

So you can shut up about that.

TheGreatYacht
12-29-2015, 06:47 PM
Well, I don't expect you to understand that can't be sustainable in the long run. I can't help if you think the Spurs shouldn't continue to develop Kawhi on offense, or if you think the best thing for them is having a passive Kawhi on that end.
What is more sustainable during the long run, a team effort (2014 championship) or Kawhi carrying the team throughout a full 7 game series? I can't recall Kawhi pulling together a great 7 game series tbh, 3-4 games yes but not a series. He's not consistent enough.

dabom
12-29-2015, 06:47 PM
I have.

Several times.

Can you give us a ratio between the two?

YGWHI
12-29-2015, 06:49 PM
I can't help it if you build straw man after straw man to try to justify your whining about your player; I can only point out your making straw men.

a-Obviously Kawhi is MY player, like Tim, Patty, Manu, every Spurs player.

b-If a true fan wants the best for his team, he expects they keep continue developing his best young player.

c-I don't care if Kawhi scores less, but if he gets less touches frezzing his improvement on that end...that would care everyone. Not sure why you give a fuck about Kawhi's development.

YGWHI
12-29-2015, 06:52 PM
What is more sustainable during the long run, a team effort (2014 championship)

This troll acts like Kawhi wasn't the best player and the leading scorer in the last three games of the Finals.

If we have learned one thing from 2014 WCF and Finals is we can't have a passive Kawhi on the offensive end.

TheGreatYacht
12-29-2015, 06:55 PM
This troll acts like Kawhi wasn't the best player and the leading scorer in the last three games of the Finals.

If we have learned one thing from 2014 WCF and Finals is we can't have a passive Kawhi on the offensive end.
Thanks for completely avoiding the question. So, 3 games = championship run?

Kawhi isn't consistent in the playoffs and it hurts you.

rasuo214
12-29-2015, 07:00 PM
Kawhi's minutes have gone down from 35 to 32, so that factors in a bit. Also opposing teams are more focused on stopping Kawhi now than they were last month so naturally that will result in fewer shots.

If we look at it from a per 48
November: 29.9 pp48 10.3 rp48 3.7 ap48 2.5 sp48 1.7 bp48 1.5 tp48
December: 28.7 pp48 10.5 rp48 4.9 ap48 3.4 sp48 0.9 bp48 1.4 tp48

Kawhi's FG% is a bit lower and he's taking fewer shots but he is also getting more FTA (up from 4.4 per 48 to 6.7). His 3pas are about the same and he's still shooting 49%.

If we factor in Kawhi's lower FG% he'd be averaging 29.5 pp48.

So really if Kawhi was shooting as well as he did in November Kawhi would be scoring at practically the same rate but just more efficiently.

YGWHI
12-29-2015, 07:00 PM
I have.

Several times.
Nah. People bump those threads of the retarded thing from time to time and you didn't post a word about it.

No.

YGWHI
12-29-2015, 07:06 PM
Thanks for completely avoiding the question. So, 3 games = championship run?

Those 3 games gave us a ring. If he would not have played at that high level on both ends against the best player of the world in those days, we would not have won the series.

Kawhi isn't consistent in the playoffs and it hurts you.
Kawhi has been amazing in his playoffs career and it hurts you. Also, that FMVP and DPOY, and the figurative MVP race, top PER, top RPM, top def ratings, having historical season...are killing you.

TheGreatYacht
12-29-2015, 07:15 PM
Those 3 games gave us a ring. If he would not have played at that high level on both ends against the best player of the world in those days, we would not have won the series.
Hypotheticals lol, didn't expect any different. Fact is Parker led the team in scoring and assists thoughout the playoffs that year. Truth is that it was a team effort, not a one man show like you and others think it was. Kawhi being the go to guy led to a first round bye last year that's why Pop is trying not to be so reliant on him.

Kawhi has been amazing in his playoffs career and it hurts you. Also, that FMVP and DPOY, and the figurative MVP race, top PER, top RPM, top def ratings, having historical season...are killing you.
It's not killing me lmao, just a couple of days ago before the aunt fucker returned I was talking with Kawhitstorm about what Kawhi needs to do to win MVP this year. He's a good regular season player.

bic50
12-29-2015, 07:17 PM
Your entire krew jumps on every perceived insult.

Your a real hypocrite about it. You don't call out anyone else for insulting other players.

I have a krew? So anyone that calls those clowns out is a part of some crew now? I'm not part of any crew, I show no hate for any member of the team.

Not exactly sure how I can be a hypocrite. The parker haters get a ton of heat on here the kawhi haters not so much. I'm just going by what I've observed. If I saw you coming down hard on both crews and greatcuck really getting ripped apart by you or others I'll stop. And I've called out apo for wishing injury on parker before and
I've mentioned the whole hating your own players doesn't make sense to me.
Let me ask you this.
If the parker haters were banned, gone and the parker hate completely stopped. Do you think tgy, kbl, superc*nt would cease in their kawhi hate? Would tgy change its avi and become a normal poster?

rasuo214
12-29-2015, 07:17 PM
What is more sustainable during the long run, a team effort (2014 championship) or Kawhi carrying the team throughout a full 7 game series? I can't recall Kawhi pulling together a great 7 game series tbh, 3-4 games yes but not a series. He's not consistent enough.

tbf if Kawhi is playing great odds are the series doesn't go 7 games. If Kawhi was as great in games 1 and 2 as he was in 3-5 for the Finals the Spurs sweep the Heat and they're probably all blowout games. Also last season was really the first time he was given more of an offensive role and people didn't think he could become a consistent #1 option but he's showing this season that he can. Still the entire team needs to play well for a successful playoff run, Kawhi alone can't win us another championship, and even the leading scorer will have games where they aren't at their best, it happens.

TheGreatYacht
12-29-2015, 07:30 PM
tbf if Kawhi is playing great odds are the series doesn't go 7 games. If Kawhi was as great in games 1 and 2 as he was in 3-5 for the Finals the Spurs sweep the Heat and they're probably all blowout games. Also last season was really the first time he was given more of an offensive role and people didn't think he could become a consistent #1 option but he's showing this season that he can. Still the entire team needs to play well for a successful playoff run, Kawhi alone can't win us another championship, and even the leading scorer will have games where they aren't at their best, it happens.
Agreed. Spurs are controlling Kawhi's FGA just enough to where his efficiency is the best it could be, any more than that and his defense same as his fg% 3% will slip.

Game 7 against the Clips is a perfect example of why Pop needs to get the new additions more involved in the offense. Duncan (as always), Parker, Green had great games and would've been enough to beat LAC if Kawhi had showed up. He's not playoff consistent yet, but luckily this year's team is stacked enough to where different guys can lead the team in scoring.

YGWHI
12-29-2015, 07:33 PM
Fact is Parker led the team in scoring and assists thoughout the playoffs that year. Truth is that it was a team effort, not a one man show like you and others think it was. Kawhi being the go to guy led to a first round bye last year that's why Pop is trying not to be so reliant on him.
Fact is Parker looks so bad in the WCF and Finals cause his injuries...Thank God for Kawhi.

Kawhi being the go to guy led to a first round bye last year that's why Pop is trying not to be so reliant on him.
Kawhi was the best player, along with Tim, in the first 4 games of the series.

It would have been nice to see other guys playing at that level, or Pop facilitating his offense and exploiting his favorable matchups against Crawford and Rivers, instead of our starter PG running inefficient pick and rolls...

And Pop and Parker are doing the same thing this season, not only ignoring Kawhi's mistaches, also LMA's. Kawhi was guarded by Harden, Neto, Sessions, many small defenders and Parker ignoring it, like he has ignored Jones, Dudley on LMA...sadly the list is extensive.

I was talking with Kawhitstorm about what Kawhi needs to do to win MVP this year.
Before or after calling him retarded, the worst FMVP in the NBA history, role player, like in this thread? You should admit that Kawhi's MVP level is killing you...

He's a good regular season player.
Just good?

rasuo214
12-29-2015, 07:47 PM
Agreed. Spurs are controlling Kawhi's FGA just enough to where his efficiency is the best it could be, any more than that and his defense same as his fg% 3% will slip.

Game 7 against the Clips is a perfect example of why Pop needs to get the new additions more involved in the offense. Duncan (as always), Parker, Green had great games and would've been enough to beat LAC if Kawhi had showed up. He's not playoff consistent yet, but luckily this year's team is stacked enough to where different guys can lead the team in scoring.

He has played better in the playoffs than the regular season every season he's been here. The rest I agree with, they really need to find a way to get Danny going. Danny making his open 3s is vital, especially in the playoffs when teams will focus on stopping Kawhi and LMA.

YGWHI
12-29-2015, 07:48 PM
Game 7 against the Clips is a perfect example of why Pop needs to get the new additions more involved in the offense. Duncan (as always), Parker, Green had great games and would've been enough to beat LAC if Kawhi had showed up.

That wasn't enough.. this team can't win without him. Game 7 is a perfect example, like the game in Toronto this season.

If you don't have Kawhi involved and playing his best on both ends, the Spurs won't win. It's as simple as that.

gospursgojas
12-29-2015, 07:51 PM
Wish it was because LMA came alive all of sudden

ElNono
12-29-2015, 08:03 PM
IMO, it makes sense teams would focus more on getting the ball out of his hands after having an MVP caliber month. And him passing out of double teams to open teammates is always the right play. As a team, 'pick your poison' is always what you want.

YGWHI
12-29-2015, 08:15 PM
IMO, it makes sense teams would focus more on getting the ball out of his hands after having an MVP caliber month. And him passing out of double teams to open teammates is always the right play. As a team, 'pick your poison' is always what you want.

Kawhi learning how to handle and beat double teams finding the open guy is always a great thing.

The issue is how the Spurs play him when he has a favorable matchup or when he's open, what type of plays they call for him, how many times in a game they do it, and how many times he gets the ball when he's open...

Even if he's one of the most efficient post-up players in the league, Pop should help to diversify his offense, set screens for his shots, let him run some PnR with the 2nd unit, just facilitate his offense instead of taking and making tough shots every night.

midnightpulp
12-29-2015, 08:23 PM

The "vanilla" opinion is thinking this has something to do with Parker/Teammates "freezing" Leonard out. As I stated in another thread, Kawhi has been taking a more active role in setting up the offense and becoming more of a playmaker. Kawhi is averaging .6 more assists in December. Furthermore, Kawhi averages 3.1 dimes in wins and 1.8 assists in losses. The Spurs aren't stupid. They know Kawhi being established as a passing threat will make him and the overall offense much harder to defend.

Fans who want Kawhi forcefed are retarded.

100%duncan
12-29-2015, 08:42 PM
Mel said it in the 1st page. Also as others have said, the Spurs had a great december -----> blowouts -----> less mpg (-3)

YGWHI
12-29-2015, 09:21 PM
Fans who want Kawhi forcefed are retarded.

Not sure if to feed-force a player is always a retarded thing.

Sometimes teams need to develop a player and play him during diverse real-game situations, other times they have a player who needs to adapt to a new system...we could see the Spurs doing it with Kawhi last season, and with LMA in the first quarters of many games this season.

But instead of force-feed a player, it would be nice to watch the team exploit every matchup Kawhi/LMA have advantage.

It can't be good for the Spurs looking how Kawhi throw his arms in the air asking for the ball and return to defend being visibly frustrated 'cause nobody passes him...Being a guy who rarely shows his emotions, he really must have thought that possession was an opportunity wasted for the team last night.

ElNono
12-29-2015, 09:24 PM
Kawhi learning how to handle and beat double teams finding the open guy is always a great thing.

The issue is how the Spurs play him when he has a favorable matchup or when he's open, what type of plays they call for him, how many times in a game they do it, and how many times he gets the ball when he's open...

Even if he's one of the most efficient post-up players in the league, Pop should help to diversify his offense, set screens for his shots, let him run some PnR with the 2nd unit, just facilitate his offense instead of taking and making tough shots every night.

Agreed. But it's also a process.

100%duncan
12-29-2015, 09:37 PM
Also no one asking to forcefeed kawhi, what should happen is for him to be given the opportunity to be the ballhandler in a 2man game with lma, or for someone to pass to him when he's clearly wide open. He gets ignored for long stretches almost every game.

YGWHI
12-29-2015, 09:52 PM
Also no one asking to forcefeed kawhi, what should happen is for him to be given the opportunity to be the ballhandler in a 2man game with lma, or for someone to pass to him when he's clearly wide open.
:tu

He gets ignored for long stretches almost every game.
For whole quarters. In fact, he didn't even shoot in the 2nd quarters of last two games.

ChumpDumper
12-29-2015, 10:00 PM
Nah. People bump those threads of the retarded thing from time to time and you didn't post a word about it.

No.I do.

I said both sides should stop.

You never have once.

Ever.

Hypocrite.

midnightpulp
12-29-2015, 10:04 PM
Not sure if to feed-force a player is always a retarded thing.

Sometimes teams need to develop a player and play him during diverse real-game situations, other times they have a player who needs to adapt to a new system...we could see the Spurs doing it with Kawhi last season, and with LMA in the first quarters of many games this season.

But instead of force-feed a player, it would be nice to watch the team exploit every matchup Kawhi/LMA have advantage.

It can't be good for the Spurs looking how Kawhi throw his arms in the air asking for the ball and return to defend being visibly frustrated 'cause nobody passes him...Being a guy who rarely shows his emotions, he really must have thought that possession was an opportunity wasted for the team last night.

Kawhi's usage is 24.5, about 4 points below KD. I think that's a balanced number considering how many scorers the Spurs have on the team (LMA, Tony, Manu, and TD can all create).

The numbers say it's been very good for the Spurs.

I've long stated that excessively feeding wings in the post is a recipe for disaster in the modern NBA. Defenses are too fast now. Kawhi is probably the worst penetrator of the elite SF/Wing players in the league (LBJ, KD, Harden, etc), so it's no mystery why his usage is below some of the more marquee wing players in the league. Kawhi doesn't, as of yet, excel in clear out iso-situations like the ones traditionally ran for Ginobili (and Lebron and Harden, etc). He's starting to add this his game, so we might see more of these sets called, but he's still not there yet.

You have remember that Leonard was a very subpar offensive player coming out of college. KD, Lebron, etc were near-elite offensive players their rookie years. Leonard isn't yet on their level offensively. Also, this is his first year being the focus of an offense. To task him with 28-30% usage would do more harm than good to his development.

YGWHI
12-29-2015, 10:29 PM
I do.

In the retarded thing threads? You didn't.

Prove it.

YGWHI
12-29-2015, 10:43 PM
Kawhi doesn't, as of yet, excel in clear out iso-situations like the ones traditionally ran for Ginobili (and Lebron and Harden, etc). He's starting to add this his game, so we might see more of these sets called, but he's still not there yet.

Not sure, he has really good numbers for isos, isos-posts...

However, building his offense just on isos situations isn't the best thing. Like I've said before, it would be nice to see the Spurs facilitating his offense, set more screens for his shots, diversify his offense instead of calling everytime an iso post-up for him, even if he excels as top #4 in the league in those situations.

Leonard isn't yet on their level offensively.
Agree. And the fact he doesn't even shoot for whole quarters in the last games can't help to develop him.

ChumpDumper
12-29-2015, 10:44 PM
In the retarded thing threads? You didn't.

Prove it.
lol moving the goalposts

YGWHI
12-29-2015, 10:47 PM
lol moving the goalposts
Not really...#76

"Nah. People bump those threads of the retarded thing from time to time and you didn't post a word about it."

I don't care about other Kawhi hate threads, but I don't like/understand others justifying the retarded kid insult.

midnightpulp
12-29-2015, 10:54 PM
Not sure, he has really good numbers for isos, isos-posts...

However, building his offense just on isos situations isn't the best thing. Like I've said before, it would be nice to see the Spurs facilitating his offense, set more screens for his shots, diversify his offense instead of calling everytime an iso post-up for him, even if he excels as top #4 in the league in those situations.

Agree. And the fact he doesn't even shoot for whole quarters in the last games can't help to develop him.

I'm talking about iso-clear outs that create a one-on-one dribble-drive situation. Check out Leonard's stats on drives last season. They're average at best (he's improved this year, but he still doesn't get to the line enough for some reason).

The offense generates a lot of open 3 point looks for Leonard. But yeah, I would like to see the two man game between LMA and Leonard used more. Other than that, I don't think the Spurs are under-utilizing Kawhi. He's only averaging 2 less touches per game than KD.

YGWHI
12-29-2015, 11:07 PM
I'm talking about iso-clear outs that create a one-on-one dribble-drive situation. Check out Leonard's stats on drives last season.
This season he has better numbers than last season, not that great but still better.

but he still doesn't get to the line enough for some reason
Spurs system could be one of the reasons, even Parker in his best scoring seasons didn't get to the line so much, just 5 FTA, Kawhi 3.9 this season.

But yeah, I would like to see the two man game between LMA and Leonard used more
:tu

Other than that, I don't think the Spurs are under-utilizing Kawhi. He's only averaging 2 less touches per game than KD.
I'm talking about how he didn't even shoot for whole quarters in the last games.

Russo21
12-29-2015, 11:57 PM
For the first time in his career Kawhi is constantly getting double teamed. This takes time to get used to. If you turn back the calendar nearly 20 years you'll notice this is one area where Tim Duncan improved his game, working out what to do with double and triple teams and when to do it. Kawhi will get used to it and hopefully make the right decisions and improve as Tim did, whether it be to pass or shoot and when to do it, who cares as long as his decision benefits the team and doesn't take a Kobe-esque shot when there are multiple open players to pass to instead. Just last game I cringed at a couple of his decisions when he shot instead of passed the ball. It's a whole different ball game being single covered pretty much all of your first 3 years in the league and now suddenly having multiple defenders to deal with. Kawhi is doing great and even his D hasn't dropped despite taking on a bigger offensive role. We have an all-timer in the midst here!

bic50
12-30-2015, 12:15 AM
For the first time in his career Kawhi is constantly getting double teamed. This takes time to get used to. If you turn back the calendar nearly 20 years you'll notice this is one area where Tim Duncan improved his game, working out what to do with double and triple teams and when to do it. Kawhi will get used to it and hopefully make the right decisions and improve as Tim did, whether it be to pass or shoot and when to do it, who cares as long as his decision benefits the team and doesn't take a Kobe-esque shot when there are multiple open players to pass to instead. Just last game I cringed at a couple of his decisions when he shot instead of passed the ball. It's a whole different ball game being single covered pretty much all of your first 3 years in the league and now suddenly having multiple defenders to deal with. Kawhi is doing great and even his D hasn't dropped despite taking on a bigger offensive role. We have an all-timer in the midst here!

Well said.:toast

ChumpDumper
12-30-2015, 12:26 AM
Not really...#76

"Nah. People bump those threads of the retarded thing from time to time and you didn't post a word about it."

I don't care about other Kawhi hate threads, but I don't like/understand others justifying the retarded kid insult.So you don't like one guy who did one thing that one time.