PDA

View Full Version : Peyton or Osweiler: Who should start in the playoffs?

Thebesteva
12-29-2015, 07:13 PM
According to my brethren at Broncos Country, Elway and Peyton have had a few discussions and Peyton is NOT happy about the idea of not starting in the playoffs. The pressure is on in Denver for the QB job in the playoffs.

Who do you think should start at QB during the playoffs? This is a tough situation...I dont think Peyton is healthy enough but no way Osweiler can lead this team anywhere right now.

Raven
12-29-2015, 07:18 PM
Peyton imo. But if he's not healthy and his arm strength is not at least decent, then just roll with Brock.

Robz4000
12-29-2015, 07:23 PM
Osweiler and its not close. Since he became the starter the offense has looked good and the defense is already elite. They won't win it all regardless but Peyton will only take them to a loss in their first game.

Then again it'd be hilarious if Manning choked again so I say start him.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-29-2015, 09:50 PM
Sometime this year to the Broncos and any SB contender will have to come back from behind. And I trust Manning over Osweiler anyday.

Avante
12-29-2015, 10:11 PM
I'd rather have Manning coming in to save the day than Osweiler, ya start Osweiler.

spurraider21
12-29-2015, 10:12 PM
they've averaged 19.4 ppg when Osweiler started. they've averaged 22.8 with Manning

Avante
12-29-2015, 10:19 PM
they've averaged 19.4 ppg when Osweiler started. they've averaged 22.8 with Manning

Osweiler has a better comp % and far less INT's, Peyton had 17..~~~~~~

The Broncos are behind and need a spark, it's not going to come from Osweiler replacing the legend, it would be the legend coming in to add to his legendary career.

spurraider21
12-29-2015, 11:04 PM
i know manning was playing horribly. i think people are overstating brock's effect

Avante
12-29-2015, 11:10 PM
i know manning was playing horribly. i think people are overstating brock's effect

I'm not all giddy over Osweiler, but ya have to start him. And then hope for the best. If ya start Manning and he fucks up ya bring in the kid to bail ya out? Nay~~~~~

Superbowl III, there's the great Johnny Unitas on the bench, when he came in to bail the Colts out.....it was like Moses parting the Red Sea. He failed but did give the Colts hope, this is like that.

MultiTroll
12-31-2015, 10:34 AM
Osweiller has been fine. Not great, but good enough to win.
Manning OTOH with 17 ints? Please.

The Steelers game was squarely on the Bronco receivers.

Os had them up 27 - 14 and kept making throws that receivers kept making key drops. Even on the 4th qtr INT, Bronco receiver on a button hook route is 4 yards beyond the 1st down and stands there with his hands up his ass as the ball is in the air. Steeler db closes, steps in front and picks it off. That's a receiver INT, not a QB int.

He's 4 - 1 tbh.