PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi Leonard season so far has been the best since Timmy MVP years.

apalisoc_9
12-30-2015, 03:00 PM

:cry

But we can talk about jimmer more..

houston spurs fan
12-30-2015, 05:36 PM
Kawhi is amazing and I love that he is getting better and better. He will win an MVP if he continues this progression which is awesome as a Spurs fan as the franchise is in good hands. Love his game and work ethic which I think rivals TD and that's it.

But, you are obviously ignoring Tony's 2008-2009 season where he averaged 22 and 8 while shooting above .500 coming off his Finals MVP the season prior.

And 2012-2014 where he was an MVP candidate and arguably the best PG in the game along with CP3.

YGWHI
12-30-2015, 05:46 PM
ignoring Tony's 2008-2009 season where he averaged 22 and 8 while shooting above .500 ...

And 2012-2014 where he was an MVP candidate and arguably the best PG in the game along with CP3.

Well, nobody should ignore that Kawhi has the same offensive numbers but also playing strong, suffocating D.

I can't remember if Parker was that kind of force on the both ends like Kawhi...being the leading scorer of the team, having the opposition's toughest assignment and defending their best player every night.

Spur|n|Austin
12-30-2015, 05:50 PM
So it's apparent that any thought that goes through your head deserves a new thread.

Have you answered anyone as to why you're posting again?

houston spurs fan
12-30-2015, 05:54 PM
Well, nobody should ignore that Kawhi has the same offensive numbers but also playing strong, suffocating D.

I can't remember if Parker was that kind of force on the both ends like Kawhi...being the leading scorer of the team, having the opposition's toughest assignment and defending their best player every night.
Not discounting his defense, he's been awesome. Just saying that Kawhi having the best season since TD in 2003 with only 34 games in the books is an ignorant statement with all the good years we've had.

YGWHI
12-30-2015, 05:55 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CW9tzkkUoAE9Mgq.jpg

:flag:

Spurtacular
12-30-2015, 06:02 PM

:cry

But we can talk about jimmer more..

Jimmer thread count: 1

F'ing troll.

YGWHI
12-30-2015, 06:03 PM
Not discounting his defense, he's been awesome. Just saying that Kawhi having the best season since TD in 2003 with only 34 games in the books is an ignorant statement with all the good years we've had.

The comparison between Tim and this Kawhi's season instead of Parker/Manu best seasons it's exactly because of defense...only Tim and Kawhi play at that high level on both ends.

34 games are a small sample size, just almost half season, but Kawhi being #3 in RPM, #4 in PER, #1 no-bigs in DBPM, #1 in Def.Ratings, #2 3's shooting...all this sounds pretty much like prime Tim numbers.

houston spurs fan
12-30-2015, 06:15 PM
The comparison between Tim and this Kawhi's season instead of Parker/Manu best seasons it's exactly because of defense...only Tim and Kawhi play at that high level on both ends.

34 games are a small sample size, just almost half season, but Kawhi being #3 in RPM, #4 in PER, #1 no-bigs in DBPM, #1 in Def.Ratings, #2 3's shooting...that sounds pretty much like prime Tim numbers.
Good points. My only argument to this is that TP ran one of the most efficient, high powered offenses in NBA history. TD in the MVP years was literally the PG from the post. If you go back and watch those games we literally dribbled down, threw it to Tim and then he ran the entire offense from the high or low block. I haven't seen that since then and frankly we may never see it again I the modern NBA. Their offensive games were better than Kawhi's.

Part of this is that it isn't what we ask Kawhi to do. If we did (maybe like LeBron as the closest example I can think of) he could probably do it. But would he still have enough energy on defense? Maybe, he would. It would be interesting to see...it is comparing apples to oranges.

TP gets shit on so much and I think his prime years are being discounted which I find disrespectful for all he has done for the franchise.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-30-2015, 06:28 PM
Manu in 11

daslicer
12-30-2015, 06:48 PM
Kawhi is having a great season but too much dick sucking by the op. You could say Drose had the best season since MJ MVP a few years back for the bulls. He's definitely not on Tim's MVP season's level considering during those years nobody could stop Tim like the clippers have owned Kawhi. Also during those years Tim wasn't just good for one playoff series and then would suck the next series like Kawhi has. With all that being said Kawhi has made quantum leaps in his game but we'll see what he's made of come playoff time since he choked last year as the number 1 guy against the clippers.

jdiggy0424
12-30-2015, 07:00 PM
This year Kawhi Leonard has been special for the Spurs, and he's arguably the best player on the Spurs currently, but let's not forget about Manu during the '07-'08 season. Had it not been for that freaky fingernail injury he had in the series vs. the Lakers, I feel we would've gotten past them. When you hear the Sean Elliott yell, "Vintage Manu!!, it was that year he was doing that shit on the REGULAR.

Dude was a bad man that year.

bic50
12-30-2015, 07:08 PM
Kawhi is having a great season but too much dick sucking by the op. You could say Drose had the best season since MJ MVP a few years back. He's definitely not on Tim's MVP season's level considering during those years nobody could stop Tim like the clippers have owned Kawhi. Also during those years Tim wasn't just good for one playoff series and then would suck the next series like Kawhi has. With all that being said Kawhi has made quantum leaps in his game but we'll see what he's made of come playoff time since he choked last year as the number 1 guy against the clippers.

Was kawhi the #1 guy last season?

100%duncan
12-30-2015, 08:27 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CW9tzkkUoAE9Mgq.jpg

:flag:

:worthy:

daslicer
12-30-2015, 08:37 PM
Was kawhi the #1 guy last season?

Yes he was since he lead the team in scoring during the regular season and playoffs.

tonight...you
12-30-2015, 08:42 PM
Here's a good old glass of the good stuff to Kawhi's hard work to get to where he is and to the work he will continue to do to become even better.
You couldn't ask for anything more for the Spurs future five years ago before we drafted him and the careers of the Big 3 looked to be at it's end.

Here's another one to Kawhi before I hit "Post Quick Reply".

YGWHI
12-30-2015, 11:21 PM
He's definitely not on Tim's MVP season's level considering during those years nobody could stop Tim like the clippers have owned Kawhi. Also during those years Tim wasn't just good for one playoff series and then would suck the next series like Kawhi has.

Kawhi had only 25 games of the regular season, when he was fully recovered from his injuries, to work his offense.

Also, in last playoffs for first time in his career opposing teams game-planned to stop him, those seven playoffs games against the Clippers were the first time he getting double teamed, first time he draw all the attention of the defense...

If Kawhi would have played a whole regular season being the focal point of the offense instead of just 25-27 games we could have seen better results...We will never know it but watching him this season and how he has improved handling the double-teams is a good indicator of "what if he was healthy all year"

Anyway, the comparison between Tim and Kawhi's season is about stats and impact-numbers, not between the players. Tim Duncan is the best player of his generation, unique and incomparable.
But it's true that we don't have a player with those impact-numbers on both ends of the court since Tim.

Yes he was since he lead the team in scoring during the regular season and playoffs.
Not really. He was the leading scorer because he was extremely efficient latter in the season but Parker had the highest Usg% of the team last season.

daslicer
12-31-2015, 03:28 AM
Kawhi had only 25 games of the regular season, when he was fully recovered from his injuries, to work his offense.

Also, in last playoffs for first time in his career opposing teams game-planned to stop him, those seven playoffs games against the Clippers were the first time he getting double teamed, first time he draw all the attention of the defense...

If Kawhi would have played a whole regular season being the focal point of the offense instead of just 25-27 games we could have seen better results...We will never know it but watching him this season and how he has improved handling the double-teams is a good indicator of "what if he was healthy all year"

Anyway, the comparison between Tim and Kawhi's season is about stats and impact-numbers, not between the players. Tim Duncan is the best player of his generation, unique and incomparable.
But it's true that we don't have a player with those impact-numbers on both ends of the court since Tim.

Not really. He was the leading scorer because he was extremely efficient latter in the season but Parker had the highest Usg% of the team last season.

I'm going to be short and brief he was the number 1 option and he choked no way to spin it he choked last year against the clippers and it was very evident with his recent performance against the clippers that they still have his number . You are just making excuses for his choking by saying he didn't have experience. You can make those same type of excuses for a bad series Parker had earlier in his career or any other spurs including David Robinson. However I'm hopeful this year he will come through since it seems like he's overcoming his consistency problems that has plagued him in the past.

I see where you say the Tim-Kawhi comparison is stat oriented but its very obvious the OP was trying to imply Kawhi was on the same level as MVP Duncan which is very stupid.

rasuo214
12-31-2015, 04:48 AM
Kawhi back to #1 in 3P% @ 48.8%