PDA

View Full Version : A little thing to take away from this blowout

100%duncan
12-30-2015, 11:57 PM
So we all know Phx sucks, playing without their best player, and coming of losses from Cavs and Sixers they are a mess of a team so it would be futile to discuss how great the defense was (it was great indeed but Phx is Phx). The only thing to take away from this is what we saw in the majority of the 1st quarter/half, and that was the Tony-LMA 2 man game. A lot of us have been saying this before, it was obvious that DG-LMA and TP-TD pnp/pnr's didn't work since in the 1st combination, the defense wouldn't be threatened by a Danny Green drive and in the 2nd combination, the defense wouldn't respect the TD jumper. But with an LMA-TP 2 man game, you have your 2 best guys at the pnr/pnp game, TP if on is better than Manu imho since he is faster and is converting very well in the paint this season, and of course LMA has made a name from it in his Portland days. The defense couldn't afford to just let Tony drive all the way because even at his age TP is still a threat and they can't leave Lamarcus open either. I hope Pop doesn't deviate from this or this isn't just a one game thing because TD is out.

UNT Eagles 2016
12-30-2015, 11:59 PM
The main takeaway is that Boban is still raw, too passive, and isn't ready to be a starting quality center for a playoff team. But he can definitely be spot rotation player and is a force on both ends against the lesser teams of the league in the doldrums of the season.

look_at_g_shred
12-31-2015, 12:00 AM
Terrible take per par

100%duncan
12-31-2015, 12:01 AM
Terrible take per par

:wakeup

SpursFan86
12-31-2015, 12:02 AM
The main takeaway is that Boban is still raw, too passive, and isn't ready to be a starting quality center for a playoff team. But he can definitely be spot rotation player and is a force on both ends against the lesser teams of the league in the doldrums of the season.

...who the hell seriously thought that Boban was/is going to be a big part of the rotation come playoffs?

thiste
12-31-2015, 12:05 AM
Haha feels like everything turns into a Boban thread right now

DAF86
12-31-2015, 12:05 AM
I don't know why the suns didn't just went under the screen and let tony take the midrange jumper to prevent the penetration and not leave LA alone.

ElNono
12-31-2015, 12:06 AM
The part I didn't like was Kawhi getting frozen out. I'm glad LMA made his shots tonight, but you gotta get the superior player more involved...

100%duncan
12-31-2015, 12:07 AM
I don't know why the suns didn't just went under the screen and let tony take the midrange jumper to prevent the penetration and not leave la alone.

They did for one instance, TP knocked a jumper in front of their faces. The important thing is the respect they give imho, since TP can still convert at a decent rate.

100%duncan
12-31-2015, 12:07 AM
The part I didn't like was Kawhi getting frozen out. I'm glad LMA made his shots tonight, but you gotta get the superior player more involved...

is this where i put the "longcat.gif"?

UNT Eagles 2016
12-31-2015, 12:08 AM

Oh, Enrique was very involved :lol

Spur|n|Austin
12-31-2015, 12:14 AM

Where'd you get that notion?

UNT Eagles 2016
12-31-2015, 12:20 AM
Where'd you get that notion?

He fades away for a 17 foot one hander from the high post instead of backing his man the fuck down and owning him in the paint. Smaller guys like that have no business forcing that kind of ill advised shot. He passes it own and falls down (draws a foul) instead of backing the same man down and scoring on him again... from the other high post. He needs more motivation/determination, that's the issue.

Spur|n|Austin
12-31-2015, 12:25 AM
He fades away for a 17 foot one hander from the high post instead of backing his man the fuck down and owning him in the paint. Smaller guys like that have no business forcing that kind of ill advised shot. He passes it own and falls down (draws a foul) instead of backing the same man down and scoring on him again... from the other high post. He needs more motivation/determination, that's the issue.

No no, the notion that somewhere someone said that he's not raw, not passive, and ready to be a starting center?

T Park
12-31-2015, 12:31 AM
The only thing to take away from tonight is that Phoenix has joined Sacramento in absolute dumpster fires of organizations.

UNT Eagles 2016
12-31-2015, 12:36 AM
No no, the notion that somewhere someone said that he's not raw, not passive, and ready to be a starting center?

Casual fans. OMG he's 7'4" so he must automatically be the next prime Yao or Shaq!

Spur|n|Austin
12-31-2015, 12:42 AM
Casual fans. OMG he's 7'4" so he must automatically be the next prime Yao or Shaq!

Oh ok gotcha, must have been on another forum them, irrelevant to the OP.

Horry Hipcheck
12-31-2015, 05:00 AM
The only thing to take away from tonight is that Phoenix has joined Sacramento in absolute dumpster fires of organizations.

Morris threatening to become PHX's own DeMarcus Cousins and derail the team left and right