PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi Leonard is Having a Statistical Season for the Ages -

Supreme_Being
12-31-2015, 05:44 AM
Stephen Curry this, Stephen Curry that — we’ve all read and heard everything there is to be written and said about the superstar point guard’s historic season for the Golden State Warriors. Steph deserves every word of praise, too; he’s making high-volume scoring more efficient than anyone though it could be, and his team is obviously killing it.

But lest we think only one player can make history per season, there’s a two-way monster clowning any and all comers about 1,700 miles southeast of Oracle Arena: Kawhi “The Claw” Leonard of the San Antonio Spurs.

Read more... (http://www.todaysfastbreak.com/nba-west/san-antonio-spurs/kawhi-leonard-statistical-season-ages/)

DeRozan m8
12-31-2015, 05:49 AM
Yeah we all know Kawhi is a legend and future HOF.

But Boban.

Fireball
12-31-2015, 05:58 AM
holy shit tbh ... hopefully he can continue to keep that up!!!

quentin_compson
12-31-2015, 06:47 AM
His shooting percentages might not be sustainable for a whole season, but there is no reason to believe his defense won't be. Incredible season so far from Kawhi.

100%duncan
12-31-2015, 07:25 AM
Those stats in the end, top 5player in the league no question.

SupremeGuy
12-31-2015, 08:14 AM
Great read. Kawhi has put the league on notice... he's coming for you and all your basketball.

z0sa
12-31-2015, 09:41 AM
A 3 week streak in November without a live ball turnover - thats something else.

Mel_13
12-31-2015, 09:47 AM
Those stats in the end, top 5player in the league no question.

Definitely.

Kawhi
LeBron
Curry
Durant
Westbrook

That's it.

100%duncan
12-31-2015, 10:02 AM
Definitely.

Kawhi
LeBron
Curry
Durant
Westbrook

That's it.

Yep. Spursfan is lucky to have witnessed the ride tbh. 2012 Kawhi Leonard showed promise but not top 5 player in the league promise.

loveforthegame
12-31-2015, 12:59 PM
:worthy:

Awesome read. Leonard has been on another level this season.

LoneStarState'sPride
12-31-2015, 01:27 PM
Whether he gets the MVP or not, there is no doubt that Mr. Leonard is the most complete and efficient player in the league today. His growth has been remarkable.

bic50
12-31-2015, 02:26 PM
:tu

spursistan
12-31-2015, 02:38 PM
I'm starting to think that 3-point shooting won't dip that much from its current crazy 48.8% clip... Kawhi 3 ball is looking so smooth nowadays..i would say maybe he comes down to 43-45% at the end of season..

Spur|n|Austin
12-31-2015, 02:49 PM
On the fringe of 50/50/90, jesus. Most likely not sustainable, but shit man.

Spurtacular
01-01-2016, 03:51 AM
:lmao Draymond Green's turnover percentage
:lmao Draymond Green as top a so-called top ten player
:lmao Draymond Green as fourth in MVP according to Mike Van Gundy
:lmao Draymond Green is a product of Curry

100%duncan
01-01-2016, 06:33 AM
:worthy:

TrainOfThought5
01-01-2016, 08:23 AM
Yeah kawhi is the michael Jordan of Texas or whatever....

But i want more Boban!!

exstatic
01-01-2016, 09:43 AM
:lmao Draymond Green's turnover percentage
:lmao Draymond Green as top a so-called top ten player
:lmao Draymond Green as fourth in MVP according to Mike Van Gundy
:lmao Draymond Green is a product of Curry
This is why we can beat them. LMA is long and quick enough to check his average handles. We can keep one big in the game.

SpursFan86
01-01-2016, 11:15 AM
I still can't get over just how good he's become. I've always been high on him, but if you would've told me a couple years ago that he would be a top 5 player in the league, I would've probably scoffed at the idea.

That being said, I hope people don't take these advanced stats to the extreme and start saying this is one of the best seasons ever or something. Part of why Kawhi's metrics are so high is because he doesn't have to shoulder as much of a load night in and night out. For example, Kawhi's metrics this year are better than Duncan's in 2003 (or any year of Duncan's career, for that matter)...but I'd hope no one thinks Kawhi right now is better than Duncan was that year.

Regardless, it'll be interesting to see how he plays as the season continues. I have a hard time seeing him keep this up, but even posting a 24 or 25 PER would be a big increase in production compared to last year.

Kawhitstorm
01-01-2016, 01:32 PM
Once he starts getting to the stripe like Jimmy Butler & making plays like Draymond he will be the best player in the league.:toast
-Past prime LeBron :lmao
-The Servant:lmao

thiste
01-01-2016, 03:26 PM
I think those two back to back finals against LeBron made him realize what he could be.

sasaint
01-01-2016, 06:05 PM
Once he starts getting to the stripe like Jimmy Butler & making plays like Draymond he will be the best player in the league.:toast
-Past prime LeBron :lmao
-The Servant:lmao

Tbh, I doubt he ever gets to the line like Butler and Draymond. NBA officials consistently allow opponents to foul Kawhi without getting called for it. From what I have seen it is getting worse, too. It seems like a conspiracy to keep games against the Spurs competitive. I can hear refs saying "Sheesh, if we gave Kawhi an and-1 every time we should, nobody could stay with the Spurs. Hold it down, boys."

:ihit

sasaint
01-01-2016, 06:25 PM
I think those two back to back finals against LeBron made him realize what he could be.

I think you make a very good point. As a young, unheralded player, he went toe-to-toe with "The King" and it was just another game to Kawhi. No doubt that really gave his confidence a big boost.

Maybe I am making this up, but it doesn't seem like Kawhi has "confidence" as much as he has "trust". His mentality doesn't seem like it is about his skill, as we traditionally think about "confidence." It seems more like he's thinking, "I know that if I just keep doing the right things and working very hard, the outcome will be good." Seems less like reliance on innate ability than than it does work.

YGWHI
01-02-2016, 07:57 PM
Good read! Thanks for posting the article.

I think you make a very good point. As a young, unheralded player, he went toe-to-toe with "The King" and it was just another game to Kawhi. No doubt that really gave his confidence a big boost.

Maybe I am making this up, but it doesn't seem like Kawhi has "confidence" as much as he has "trust". His mentality doesn't seem like it is about his skill, as we traditionally think about "confidence." It seems more like he's thinking, "I know that if I just keep doing the right things and working very hard, the outcome will be good." Seems less like reliance on innate ability than than it does work.
Nice!!! :toast

YGWHI
01-08-2016, 06:19 PM
List of 24-year-olds with a PER over 27:

- Kawhi
- MJ
- LeBron
- Kareem
- Durant
- Bob Petit
- Wilt
- Charles Barkley
- Dwyane Wade

:flag:

YGWHI
01-08-2016, 06:20 PM
Another good article about Kawhi

loveforthegame
01-08-2016, 08:19 PM
Good stuff. Thanks. :tu

Kidd K
01-08-2016, 08:32 PM
I think the article is grasping a bit by comparing his turnovers per game to players who have more than 3x as many assists as him. Ofc when you have sub 3 APG your TOs will be lower than a guy with nearly 10 APG.

Aside from that disingenuous comparison, I agree that he's putting up some nice numbers and is easily one of the top players in the NBA. But I think it's way too soon to be calling him the "best perimeter defender in NBA history". . .gtfo with those kinds of comments. He's gonna be called overrated before he's even rated at all.

It'd be nice if Kawhi didn't get a mindless cult fan following before he even peaks.

Mnky
01-08-2016, 09:52 PM
:toast