PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Ranking the best ROY seasons

ambchang
12-31-2015, 01:12 PM
http://basketball-players.pointafter.com/stories/4043/best-rookie-seasons-ever-nba-roy?utm_medium=cm&utm_source=outbrain&utm_campaign=i1.cm.ob.dt.4043&utm_term=dt&utm_content=2787526

25. Steve Francis :lol
24. MVPau :wow
23. Elton Brand
22. Chris Webber
21. Terry Cummings
20. Earl the Pearl
19. Terry Dischinger
18. Adrian Dantley
17. Blake Griffin
16. CP3
15. Walter Davis
14. Rick Barry
13. Wes Unseld
12. Bob Pettit
11. Jerry Lucas
10. Elgin Baylor
9. Shaq
8. Bird
7. Duncan
6. Kareem
5. Jordan
4. Big O
3. Walt Bellamy
2. The Admiral
1. Wilt

Surprised there are so many old folks on there.

Also, Lebron should be between 20-25.
Larry Johnson was great back in the day and should be above Franchise, at the very least.

Thread
12-31-2015, 01:21 PM
2. The Admiral

Got so bad right before Duncan came on board you fellows were booing him mercilessly. Calling him "Chicken of the Sea" - "The Little Mermaid" - "The Titanic"

Your fanbase should be ashamed.

ambchang
12-31-2015, 01:41 PM
2. The Admiral

Got so bad right before Duncan came on board you fellows were booing him mercilessly. Calling him "Chicken of the Sea" - "The Little Mermaid" - "The Titanic"

Who did?

Did "they" rag on him like they did to Tragic Johnson?
How about treating him like the Lakers fanbase did to Kobe after the Faber incident?
How about turning their backs on a true legend like Shaquille O'Neal to prop up Kobe?
How about throwing the all time scoring leader Kareem under the bus without any coaching jobs for decades?
How about making fun of Elgin Baylor when he carried that team year after year?
How about throwing out Jerry West like garbage after all he did to the franchise?

Thread
12-31-2015, 01:47 PM
Who did?

How about treating him like the Lakers fanbase did to Kobe after the Faber incident?
How about turning their backs on a true legend like Shaquille O'Neal to prop up Kobe?
How about throwing the all time scoring leader Kareem under the bus without any coaching jobs for decades?
How about throwing out Jerry West like garbage after all he did to the franchise?

Come ta Pappy.

Signed,

- Pappy

Splits
12-31-2015, 01:49 PM
Who did?

How about throwing Pau under the bus after leading in W/S for two rings?

Disgraceful fan base and franchise

ambchang
12-31-2015, 01:52 PM
Come ta Pappy.

Signed,

- Pappy

You are not even trying with your trolling anymore, throwing up your hands in defeat the second you have been challenged.

You can't even go on and on about tangents and move your targets and creating fairy tale stories then presenting them as facts and taking one instance and make it sound like a common occurrence anymore.

In the first sign of challenge, you just throw up your hands and admit defeat, like your favourite teams.

DMC
12-31-2015, 01:56 PM
2. The Admiral

You mean like how the Lakers' fans threw Shaq, Pau and Magic under the bus to prop up Kobe? lol

Thread
12-31-2015, 01:56 PM
You are not even trying with your trolling anymore, throwing up your hands in defeat the second you have been challenged.

You can't even go on and on about tangents and move your targets and creating fairy tale stories then presenting them as facts and taking one instance and make it sound like a common occurrence anymore.

In the first sign of challenge, you just throw up your hands and admit defeat, like your favourite teams.

Crawl, motherfucker, crawl!!!!!!

Thread
12-31-2015, 01:57 PM
You mean like how the Lakers' fans threw Shaq, Pau and Magic under the bus to prop up Kobe? lol

Don't be deflecting, D. Take your medicine like a man

Thread
12-31-2015, 01:58 PM
How about throwing Pau under the bus after leading in W/S for two rings?

Disgraceful fan base and franchise

He couldn't even win a single playoff game till Kobe held his hand.

ambchang
12-31-2015, 01:59 PM

Again, another one.

You have really fallen off your game, it's worse than Kevin Johnson post injury, even though your game was never as explosive or breath-taking as Kevin Johnson at his peak.

Splits
12-31-2015, 02:01 PM
He couldn't even win a single playoff game till Kobe held his hand.

And Kobe couldn't make the postseason once he was unceremoniously booed out of LA

Thread
12-31-2015, 02:01 PM
Again, another one.

You have really fallen off your game, it's worse than Kevin Johnson post injury, even though your game was never as explosive or breath-taking as Kevin Johnson at his peak.

Just a child molester.

Thread
12-31-2015, 02:02 PM
And Kobe couldn't make the postseason once he was unceremoniously booed out of LA

Splits
12-31-2015, 02:03 PM

Dayum, amb had truth milk with his cheerios this morning.

:cry bite my narrative :cry

Thread
12-31-2015, 02:03 PM
Dayum, amb had truth milk with his cheerios this morning.

:cry bite my narrative :cry

lmcontrollinao!!!

ambchang
12-31-2015, 02:07 PM
Just a child molester.

I already said you two have the same game.

JohnnyMax
12-31-2015, 02:52 PM
A thread about rookie of the years turns into about Kobe

You Spurs fans are really obsessed about that guy

Thread
12-31-2015, 02:54 PM

It's a sickness with 'em.

ambchang
12-31-2015, 03:06 PM

It's a sickness with 'em.

Can't help it you didn't notice Shaq, Magic, Kareem, and Baylor. But then again, you guys aren't really Laker fans.

I. Hustle
12-31-2015, 03:17 PM
Can't help it you didn't notice Shaq, Magic, Kareem, and Baylor. But then again, you guys aren't really Laker fans.

Shaq was with the Magic his rookie year.

Thread
12-31-2015, 03:25 PM

ha, ha. I. just busted Amb's hole.

Mitch
12-31-2015, 03:32 PM
The only rookie to win the FMVP and ROY is missing

nvm, always forget magic didn't win it that year

ambchang
12-31-2015, 04:10 PM

Never said he did. But he is a laker legend that got thrown under the bus by laker fans which was the point.

ha, ha. I. just busted Amb's hole.

A) you didn't do it.
B) he didn't do it.

Splits
12-31-2015, 04:33 PM

Who turned this into a Kobe thread?

Dale started trashing Spursfan. We started trashing the Lakers franchise. Dale went to Kob

And yeah, I agree, rookie benchwarmers shouldn't be discussed in RoY threads

I. Hustle
12-31-2015, 04:48 PM
Never said he did. But he is a laker legend that got thrown under the bus by laker fans which was the point.

My bad. I thought this was about ROY seasons and not the time spent on other teams.

ambchang
12-31-2015, 05:53 PM
My bad. I thought this was about ROY seasons and not the time spent on other teams.

The thread was but the response was about throwing your own legends under the bus.

12-31-2015, 06:01 PM
Was kinda expecting to see Tyrekes 20-5-5 rookie season on the list

Kawhitstorm
12-31-2015, 06:24 PM
2. The Admiral

Admiral was a 24 year old rookie, his soft ass was getting his shyt pushed in by broken down Sabonis when he was the best player in college. Hakeem at 23 was sonning Kareem in the playoffs.

Kawhitstorm
12-31-2015, 06:25 PM
http://basketball-players.pointafter.com/stories/4043/best-rookie-seasons-ever-nba-roy?utm_medium=cm&utm_source=outbrain&utm_campaign=i1.cm.ob.dt.4043&utm_term=dt&utm_content=2787526

Where is Tyreke Evans? Dude was putting up Oscar Robertson numbers during his rookie season just like Francis.:lol

RsxPiimp
12-31-2015, 06:40 PM
What a crap list :lol

Damon Stoudemire , Iverson and Mark Jackson all deserve to be in that list.

Galileo
12-31-2015, 08:41 PM

24. MVPau :wow
23. Elton Brand
22. Chris Webber
21. Terry Cummings
20. Earl the Pearl
19. Terry Dischinger
18. Adrian Dantley
17. Blake Griffin
16. CP3
15. Walter Davis
14. Rick Barry
13. Wes Unseld
12. Bob Pettit
11. Jerry Lucas
10. Elgin Baylor
9. Shaq
8. Bird
7. Duncan
6. Kareem
5. Jordan
4. Big O
3. Walt Bellamy
2. The Admiral
1. Wilt

Surprised there are so many old folks on there.

Also, Lebron should be between 20-25.
Larry Johnson was great back in the day and should be above Franchise, at the very least.

Jordan was not better than Kareem or Duncan as a rookie. No way.

sasaint
12-31-2015, 10:12 PM
Doesn't anybody remember Magic Johnson's rookie season?!?!?!

Thread
12-31-2015, 11:07 PM
Admiral was a 24 year old rookie, his soft ass was getting his shyt pushed in by broken down Sabonis when he was the best player in college. Hakeem at 23 was sonning Kareem in the playoffs.

I know, shitstorm. He deserved it.

HemisfairArena
12-31-2015, 11:34 PM
Surprised LeBron and Durant aren't on the list,,,,both hit 20 pts/gm average in their rook years.

Galileo
12-31-2015, 11:37 PM
Jordan was not better than Kareem or Duncan as a rookie. No way.

And Bellany third is a joke. He had great stats but his team won less than 20 games in the runNgun era.