PDA

View Full Version : The development of Tony Parker

SASdynasty!
12-31-2015, 01:41 PM
Parker's game has evolved over the past 15 years in the league. Let's take a look back at his development as a player. Feel free to add any additions, comments, things you disagree with, or valuable krew insight.

2001-2002 - Speed & ball-handling - Parker came into the league with basically two great skills: quickness and handles. But by the end of the season, those were enough to help him put up 17 PPG on 50% shooting against Gary Payton and be our #2 offensive option in the playoffs behind Duncan as a rookie.

2003-2004 - Scoring - In his second year, the Spurs won a championship with Parker as the #2 scoring option throughout the regular season and playoffs (15 PPG in both). He was leading the team in assists, but it was his ability to score that increased his value most to the team immediately.

2005-2006 - Finishing at the rim - By the 05-06 season, Parker had improved his ability to finish at the rim (65 FG%) and was getting into the paint at a much higher clip than previous seasons. He developed one of the best floaters and spin moves in the history of the game. During the Spurs '05 championship run, Parker averaged 16.6 PPG in the regular season and 17.2 in the playoffs.

2007-2008 - Volume scoring - Parker continued to increase his scoring production as the Spurs made another title run in 2007. He averaged 19/6 in the RS and 21/6 in the playoffs, his best series coming in the Finals where he averaged 25/5/3 on 57% shooting to win FMVP. The following season he had one of his best playoff series against Phoenix where he averaged 30/7 and later one of his best games against Minnesota where he went for 55/10.

2009-2010 - Mid-range - Part of Parker's development was adding his mid-range jumper to his signature floater and spin move. This made him borderline unguardable when he was hot. In 2009, he put up 22/7 in the regular season and 29/7 in the playoffs, where he had an astounding 39.1 usage percentage. For perspective, Duncan's highest usage percentage in the playoffs was 33.5.

2011-2012 - Passing - By 2012, Parker was averaging 8 APG. He still led the team in scoring in the RS & playoffs, but it was his increased distribution that caused him to go from simply being a "scoring PG" to the head of the snake. This was the beginning of the a Spurs team that would later become one of the best passing teams in the history of the NBA.

2013-2014 - MVP discussion - Parker peaked in 2013, adding two top-6 MVP finishes to his previous two top-12 (he actually led the 2013 race at one point until he was injured near the end of the season). He finished the season with a 23.0 PER and .59 TS% while averaging 20/8. He led the Spurs to two more Finals appearances by leading the team in scoring and assists throughout the regular season and playoffs both years and being the only All-Star and only All-NBA player on the team for the 2013-14 championship run. Those runs were marked by a signature WCF for Parker against Memphis (averaged 25/10) and elimination G7 against Dallas (32/4/4) the following year.

2015-2016 - 3-pointer - In his 15th season, Parker has taken on reduced minutes which has pushed him to develop other areas of his game. Never a great shooter from beyond the arc, Parker worked to add a reliable 3 pointer to his game. Parker has led the Spurs in 3P% the past 2 seasons (43% last season and 52% this season).

Mnky
12-31-2015, 02:05 PM
Good takes. He never developed as a great passer though. In this system he should have double digit assists in the regular. He still makes horrible scripted passes that bail him out, but put his teammates in bad positions. He is growing in that aspect this year, but it really is long over due. He has been a sg in the pg position most of his career.

Knoxxx
12-31-2015, 02:12 PM
You didn't include him almost single handedly winning two games for us and the championship in 2013. Remember the sick off balance side ways three pointer from well outside the top of the key over LeBron? Then the clutch lane pump fake short jumper to virtually clinch the championship? On a bad hamstring? Yes we choked it all away but leaving that out of the TP chronology seems remiss to me. We would still be talking about it to this day if we had closed the game out properly. It was one of the most clutch performances in Spurs history.

gospursgojas
12-31-2015, 02:38 PM
Top 10 PG of all time.

ceperez
12-31-2015, 04:39 PM
That 3 point shoot that started last year is getting pretty accurate..... 50%.... is that's ridiculously good?

He might be past his peak (2013-2014), but definitely Spurs second best offensive player.

apalisoc_9
12-31-2015, 04:45 PM
Top 25 PG of all time. Top 40 at worst.

SASdynasty!
12-31-2015, 05:21 PM
You didn't include him almost single handedly winning two games for us and the championship in 2013. Remember the sick off balance side ways three pointer from well outside the top of the key over LeBron? Then the clutch lane pump fake short jumper to virtually clinch the championship? On a bad hamstring? Yes we choked it all away but leaving that out of the TP chronology seems remiss to me. We would still be talking about it to this day if we had closed the game out properly. It was one of the most clutch performances in Spurs history.
This is my favorite Parker sequence of all-time. I read somewhere (Simmons I believe) where it's just as good if not better than what Jordan did to close out game 6 of the 1998 Finals against the Jazz - on the road, clutch shot, steal on the other end, go-ahead bucket. In my opinion this would have been one of the most clutch sequences in Finals history if we didn't choke it away. I think it secures Parker's 2nd FMVP (his and Duncan's stats were pretty similar at that point) and with his G1 clincher and that, along with being the best player throughout the playoffs, no way he doesn't win it IMO.

Edit: here's the article (not Simmons) - http://www.poundingtherock.com/2014/9/29/6840717/a-portrait-of-tony-parker

SASdynasty!
12-31-2015, 05:25 PM
Good takes. He never developed as a great passer though. In this system he should have double digit assists in the regular. He still makes horrible scripted passes that bail him out, but put his teammates in bad positions. He is growing in that aspect this year, but it really is long over due. He has been a sg in the pg position most of his career.
I agree with saying Parker was never an elite passer in terms of court-vision. A notch below Manu for sure. I do think he made up for it with his ability to penetrate (he didn't get as many "dump it to Malone" assists as Stockton for example). I also think recently his assist numbers have been limited by the "extra pass" mentality of the Spurs. All in all, it's probably a wash and Parker truly is a career 6 APG guy.

bic50
12-31-2015, 05:46 PM
I remember when he was drafted thinking "who the heck is this guy" but you could see early on he was very talented.
Didn't he beat antonio daniels for the starting pg spot his rookie season? He used to come off the bench and just destroy 2nd units then eventually started. But I may be way off though.

Cloud786
12-31-2015, 05:47 PM
This is my favorite Parker sequence of all-time. I read somewhere (Simmons I believe) where it's just as good if not better than what Jordan did to close out game 6 of the 1998 Finals against the Jazz - on the road, clutch shot, steal on the other end, go-ahead bucket. In my opinion this would have been one of the most clutch sequences in Finals history if we didn't choke it away. I think it secures Parker's 2nd FMVP (his and Duncan's stats were pretty similar at that point) and with his G1 clincher and that, along with being the best player throughout the playoffs, no way he doesn't win it IMO.

Edit: here's the article (not Simmons) - http://www.poundingtherock.com/2014/9/29/6840717/a-portrait-of-tony-parker

It was revealed that if the spurs had won, Duncan would've received FMVP.

SASdynasty!
12-31-2015, 07:09 PM
It was revealed that if the spurs had won, Duncan would've received FMVP.
Say what?

TMTTRIO
12-31-2015, 09:50 PM
I still wonder how Tony would've done playing with Jason Kidd even if that meant Manu leaving?

EVAY
01-01-2016, 12:51 AM
[QUOTE=bic50;8347801]I remember when he was drafted thinking "who the heck is this guy" but you could see early on he was very talented.
Didn't he beat antonio daniels for the starting pg spot his rookie season? He used to come off the bench and just destroy 2nd units then eventually started. But I may be way off though.[/QUOTE

IIRC, he only came off the bench for about 5-7 games before Pop started him at pg. Then Pop proceeded to scream at him and yank him in and out of games for the next three seasons. But he did start almost as soon as the season began. For all I remember, he could have been coming off the bench only in the pre-season that year - maybe he started at the beginning of the regular season. But for sure within the first few games he was the starter. I was a season ticket holder that year and remember the guy behind me (at the old Alamodome) yelling "Who the hell IS that guy" during the first game. I told them the answer but he just kept repeating himself. Tony was THAT fast in the early days.

bic50
01-01-2016, 01:09 AM
[QUOTE=bic50;8347801]I remember when he was drafted thinking "who the heck is this guy" but you could see early on he was very talented.
Didn't he beat antonio daniels for the starting pg spot his rookie season? He used to come off the bench and just destroy 2nd units then eventually started. But I may be way off though.[/QUOTE

IIRC, he only came off the bench for about 5-7 games before Pop started him at pg. Then Pop proceeded to scream at him and yank him in and out of games for the next three seasons. But he did start almost as soon as the season began. For all I remember, he could have been coming off the bench only in the pre-season that year - maybe he started at the beginning of the regular season. But for sure within the first few games he was the starter. I was a season ticket holder that year and remember the guy behind me (at the old Alamodome) yelling "Who the hell IS that guy" during the first game. I told them the answer but he just kept repeating himself. Tony was THAT fast in the early days.

Tony was one of the fastest players I'd ever seen. I remember those days pop would really scream at him all the time, I thought pop hated him but seeing how things are now it was more pop trying to keep parker focused.
You might be right, I vaguely remember parker starting very soon into his nba career. You could just see how talented he was, and tell he would be something special.

SAGirl
01-01-2016, 03:08 AM
I agree with saying Parker was never an elite passer in terms of court-vision. A notch below Manu for sure. I do think he made up for it with his ability to penetrate (he didn't get as many "dump it to Malone" assists as Stockton for example). I also think recently his assist numbers have been limited by the "extra pass" mentality of the Spurs. All in all, it's probably a wash and Parker truly is a career 6 APG guy.

In general, thanks for your summary of Tony' s development and evolution. I have followed the Spurs for just a couple of years and all if the is interesting to me.

I agree with the extra pass affecting assist rates, and it applies not just to Tony, but guys like Kawhi. Only guys like Manu and Boris really go for the home run assist regularly and Td gets a lot of assists these days out of lobs. In general the shot creation is a lot more spread out by Pop's design. I think no one guy would average 8-10 assists in the current spurs bc of the extra pass and the ball is really handled by different guys by design.

LoneStarState'sPride
01-01-2016, 03:17 AM

Indeed. If Ray Allen doesn't happen, we're talking about TP winning us the '13 ship (had a game winner in game 1 of that series as well).

Kidd K
01-01-2016, 03:17 AM
Say what?

There's no way Duncan wouldn't have won it imo. He was our most consistent player that series and he put the team on his back in game 6, having a peak Duncan-esque first half (25 point first half) to carry us to a huge lead before Manu choked it away. Had Manu merely had a below average game instead of a nightmarishly bad game and we won comfortably (or at all), no doubt in my mind Duncan would have gotten FMVP.

Parker was playing like superman the series before against the Grizzlies though. But Duncan was our best that Finals.

TrainOfThought5
01-01-2016, 08:30 AM

He definitely gave Duncan a run for his FMVP money in that finals series.

TrainOfThought5
01-01-2016, 08:33 AM
If TP had Kawhis work ethic he couldve been a top 3 Spur of all time.

Mnky
01-01-2016, 11:03 AM
In general, thanks for your summary of Tony' s development and evolution. I have followed the Spurs for just a couple of years and all if the is interesting to me.

I agree with the extra pass affecting assist rates, and it applies not just to Tony, but guys like Kawhi. Only guys like Manu and Boris really go for the home run assist regularly and Td gets a lot of assists these days out of lobs. In general the shot creation is a lot more spread out by Pop's design. I think no one guy would average 8-10 assists in the current spurs bc of the extra pass and the ball is really handled by different guys by design.

When Parker plays like a point guard, he gets over 10 a game easy, and that's on 30 or less minutes a game. A true play maker at the pg position would be salivating at this type of team of shooters.

He has always been an elite penetrating guard form his rookie season. He also shot more confidently from 3 back then and I thought he would be a 3 pt player. Most of his career Duncan handled the ball out of the post, and then Manu took over pg in crunch time which limited his development.

This system is built for a drive and dish. He just really does go hero mode, and shoots more often Than not against a double. If he does decide not to shoot, it's because be dribbled himself into a bad situation and passes it to someone with 3 seconds on the shot clock. The exact opposite of what a pg should do.

Kawhi struggles with this same thing, but this is his first year being a go to player. Parker is barely breaking into his potential abilities as a passer, Which will be the difference come playoff time.

EVAY
01-01-2016, 11:48 AM
When Parker plays like a point guard, he gets over 10 a game easy, and that's on 30 or less minutes a game. A true play maker at the pg position would be salivating at this type of team of shooters.

He has always been an elite penetrating guard form his rookie season. He also shot more confidently from 3 back then and I thought he would be a 3 pt player. Most of his career Duncan handled the ball out of the post, and then Manu took over pg in crunch time which limited his development.

This system is built for a drive and dish. He just really does go hero mode, and shoots more often Than not against a double. If he does decide not to shoot, it's because be dribbled himself into a bad situation and passes it to someone with 3 seconds on the shot clock. The exact opposite of what a pg should do.

Kawhi struggles with this same thing, but this is his first year being a go to player. Parker is barely breaking into his potential abilities as a passer, Which will be the difference come playoff time.

For the first several years of TOny's career, his only job was to bring the ball up the court and then "geev thee boll to Teemy". Tim was then, and for lots of years following, the dominant ball handler for the Spurs. No Spurs pg, regardless of their passing or shooting abilities, was going to change that. That is not a criticism; it worked for the team. Then, as Tim's knees deteriorated and the team suffered with little or no bench, Pop decided to change the focus of the offense and Tim decided to change his diet. With that development, Tony was asked to take on more of the playmaking AND scoring responsibilities, and the loop plays and the hammer plays and a lot of the plays that we take for granted as part of the offense now became embedded as the primary offensive set.

Even as the change occurred, Tim continued to be the person that Tony gave the ball to as soon as he crossed the half-court line. Very few teams are as dependent on a Power-forward ball handler as the Spurs have been. That reality changed the assist numbers for anyone playing the pg position. The Spurs' system would never allow any one player to dominate scoring or assists in the way other teams's systems do. Lots of folks don't realize that and will never understand what the system has meant for the teams' players in terms of individual achievement, statistically. Pop has referenced many times, but you have to buy into it, recognize it, value it and accept it to properly evaluate the particular stats for any given Spurs player in the Pop era.

Does TP overdribble sometimes? Absolutely!!! Is his court vision as good as Manu's? Absolutely not!

But does he do what Pop wants done in every game or get creamed for it? Undeniably!!

picnroll
01-01-2016, 11:49 AM
Since 04-05 Parker's FG% has averaged over 50%, the worst being 48%. No other guard comes close to touching that including Westbrook, Rose, Lillard, Conley, Paul, Walls, Curry or Lowrey. Currently Parker at age 33 has the highest FG% and 3pt Fg% of any PG in the league. For most of his career he's been the PG for the team with the most efficient or near most efficient offense in the league. He must be doing something right.

ElNono
01-01-2016, 11:54 AM
System Player

/Durant

jag
01-01-2016, 12:02 PM

FkLA
01-01-2016, 12:12 PM
Parker's game has evolved over the past 15 years in the league. Let's take a look back at his development as a player. Feel free to add any additions, comments, things you disagree with, or valuable krew insight.

2001-2002 - Speed & ball-handling - Parker came into the league with basically two great skills: quickness and handles. But by the end of the season, those were enough to help him put up 17 PPG on 50% shooting against Gary Payton and be our #2 offensive option in the playoffs behind Duncan as a rookie.

2003-2004 - Scoring - In his second year, the Spurs won a championship with Parker as the #2 scoring option throughout the regular season and playoffs (15 PPG in both). He was leading the team in assists, but it was his ability to score that increased his value most to the team immediately.

2005-2006 - Finishing at the rim - By the 05-06 season, Parker had improved his ability to finish at the rim (65 FG%) and was getting into the paint at a much higher clip than previous seasons. He developed one of the best floaters and spin moves in the history of the game. During the Spurs '05 championship run, Parker averaged 16.6 PPG in the regular season and 17.2 in the playoffs.

2007-2008 - Volume scoring - Parker continued to increase his scoring production as the Spurs made another title run in 2007. He averaged 19/6 in the RS and 21/6 in the playoffs, his best series coming in the Finals where he averaged 25/5/3 on 57% shooting to win FMVP. The following season he had one of his best playoff series against Phoenix where he averaged 30/7 and later one of his best games against Minnesota where he went for 55/10.

2009-2010 - Mid-range - Part of Parker's development was adding his mid-range jumper to his signature floater and spin move. This made him borderline unguardable when he was hot. In 2009, he put up 22/7 in the regular season and 29/7 in the playoffs, where he had an astounding 39.1 usage percentage. For perspective, Duncan's highest usage percentage in the playoffs was 33.5.

2011-2012 - Passing - By 2012, Parker was averaging 8 APG. He still led the team in scoring in the RS & playoffs, but it was his increased distribution that caused him to go from simply being a "scoring PG" to the head of the snake. This was the beginning of the a Spurs team that would later become one of the best passing teams in the history of the NBA.

2013-2014 - MVP discussion - Parker peaked in 2013, adding two top-6 MVP finishes to his previous two top-12 (he actually led the 2013 race at one point until he was injured near the end of the season). He finished the season with a 23.0 PER and .59 TS% while averaging 20/8. He led the Spurs to two more Finals appearances by leading the team in scoring and assists throughout the regular season and playoffs both years and being the only All-Star and only All-NBA player on the team for the 2013-14 championship run. Those runs were marked by a signature WCF for Parker against Memphis (averaged 25/10) and elimination G7 against Dallas (32/4/4) the following year.

2015-2016 - 3-pointer - In his 15th season, Parker has taken on reduced minutes which has pushed him to develop other areas of his game. Never a great shooter from beyond the arc, Parker worked to add a reliable 3 pointer to his game. Parker has led the Spurs in 3P% the past 2 seasons (43% last season and 52% this season).

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Didnt-Read-Lol-Dance.gif

Leetonidas
01-01-2016, 12:21 PM
Nice thread OP. it's good to see people haven't forgotten and can still look back and appreciate TP’s career. He really was fun as hell to watch for a long time, especially from 2009-2013. And for all the talk about him being a hero and having a huge ego I'm glad he never decided to leave for somewhere like NY or LA where he would have gotten way more attention. Parker does have a tendency to over dribble and fall into heroish tendencies but dude loves his team and imo that's hard to deny

Pauleta14
01-01-2016, 01:00 PM

Since how long are you following the Spurs?

Do you realise what was Tony's skill-set when he arrived? The guy couldn't do anything at a reasonable level, neither passing, nor defending, shooting, FG%... He only had speed and was already mentaly tough.

Just have a look at the evolution of his stats through the years and you'll realise how wrong you are. The guy worked on his game and actually the level he finally reached is more impressive than any level Kawhi will ever reach.

This is not diminishing Kawhi, just that Tony's evolution is more impressive.

Also bear in mind that the guy plays for his national team in the summer, is playing at pro level since 18yo and against grown ups since 15yo(!!).

Talk about work ethic...

bic50
01-01-2016, 01:12 PM
Since how long are you following the Spurs?

Do you realise what was Tony's skill-set when he arrived? The guy couldn't do anything at a reasonable level, neither passing, nor defending, shooting, FG%... He only had speed and was already mentaly tough.

Just have a look at the evolution of his stats through the years and you'll realise how wrong you are. The guy worked on his game and actually the level he finally reached is more impressive than any level Kawhi will ever reach.

Also bear in mind that the guy plays for his national team in the summer, is playing at pro level since 18yo and against grown ups since 15yo(!!).

Talk about work ethic...

:huh

FkLA
01-01-2016, 02:15 PM
The guy worked on his game and actually the level he finally reached is more impressive than any level Kawhi will ever reach.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Kawhi is already better than Enrique ever was you French homer.

Kikoluna
01-01-2016, 02:18 PM
Skinny, fat, somewhat fat

steeledl
01-01-2016, 04:48 PM

I mean he currently is.... Kawhi will eventually pass him up if he stays healthy but right now it's duncan, Robinson, gervin or parker for 3rd.... I never saw gervin play obviously but because of the championships he is right there.

Diego20
01-01-2016, 08:46 PM
http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Didnt-Read-Lol-Dance.gif

:lol

YGWHI
01-01-2016, 09:22 PM
The guy worked on his game and actually the level he finally reached is more impressive than any level Kawhi will ever reach.

Kawhi coming to the league shooting under .25 3FG%, now 48% #1 in the league.

Parker best scoring season 23.0 in PER , Kawhi now 27.41 He's #3 in the NBA.

Parker never hit 50-50-90 club, Kawhi did it in december. Also he's #2 in PPP on ISO's in the whole league. 1-Durant 1.15 2-Kawhi 1.12

Parker 2.3 tpg in 2013, Kawhi 1.2 He's #1 fewest turnovers by 20 points scorer in NBA history

All this...being the best perimeter defender in the league, #1 DRatg #1 DBMP perimeter player.

Impressive Kawhi's improvement from a guy who couldn't do much with the ball and shot under .25%...

Just to be clear, this is not diminishing Parker, just that Kawhi's evolution is more impressive.

Spurs_619
01-01-2016, 09:53 PM

Parker never hit 50-50-90 club, Kawhi did it in december. Also he's #2 in PPP on ISO's in the whole league. 1-Durant 1.15 2-Kawhi 1.12

Parker fans don't like to use logic and stats.

Parker 2.3 tpg in 2013, Kawhi 1.2 He's #1 fewest turnovers by 20 points scorer in NBA history

All this...being the best perimeter defender in the league, #1 DRatg #1 DBMP perimeter player.

Impressive Kawhi's improvement from a guy who couldn't do much with the ball and shot under .25%...

Just to be clear, this is not diminishing Parker, just that Kawhi's evolution is more impressive.

YGWHI
01-01-2016, 09:53 PM
Talk about work ethic...
Frenchies talking about work ethic...Is this a joke? Fat guys who only look for restaurants in Chicago...

C’est donc à chaque fois l’occasion rêvée pour aller tester un petit restaurant, refaire la vie ensemble. Nous avons nos spots préférentiels comme ce restaurant français à Chicago... mais je ne vous en dis pas plus.

http://www.goaleo.com/articles/Boris.Diaw/carrieres-boris-diaw-et-tony-parker

Kidding!! I LOVE our TWO guys, the best French Connection in the world. :flag:

Amazing Boris letter to Parker. :bobo

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2016/1/1/10693096/boris-diaw-brother-tony-parker-common-destinies-translation

Clipper Nation
01-01-2016, 09:58 PM
OP forgot to mention the development of all of Porker's backups who have outplayed him when it matters.

SASdynasty!
01-01-2016, 10:04 PM
OP forgot to mention the development of all of Porker's backups who have outplayed him when it matters.
Oh yah some guys who averaged like 3 PPG but had like 8 points in a quarter a few times. Impressive.

Edit: Never mind, Claxton's best quarter in that G6 was the 4th...he had 5 points.

bic50
01-01-2016, 10:09 PM

:bobo

Spurs_619
01-01-2016, 10:10 PM
Oh yah some guys who averaged like 3 PPG but had like 8 points in a quarter a few times. Impressive.

Edit: Never mind, Claxton's best quarter in that G6 was the 4th...he had 5 points.

But Claxton was the head of the snake. Ran the whole offense.

SASdynasty!
01-01-2016, 10:51 PM

So you post Kawhi shooting 48% on 3's to show that he's almost shooting as high a percentage as Parker this season?

PPP on ISO's? Can you get any more arbitrary than that? Close, the 50-50-90 club! Oh, and turnovers...

Could you have at least come up with 6 less arbitrary metrics?

SASdynasty!
01-01-2016, 10:53 PM
But Claxton was the head of the snake. Ran the whole offense.
Lol, I would be with you, except that's tough to say about a guy who averaged 12 MPG in his "signature" series, lol.

TheGreatYacht
01-01-2016, 10:55 PM
System role player Kiwi fans ruining another great thread.

:cry this thread has nothing to do with Kiwi, u h8tr :cry

bic50
01-01-2016, 11:45 PM
greattyranny being a hypocrite as usual

Tully365
01-02-2016, 01:03 AM
Every thread on spurstalk devolves into the same argument...

SupremeGuy
01-02-2016, 07:48 AM
Why are the french so fucking insecure? :lol GATDAMN!

YGWHI
01-02-2016, 07:06 PM
Could you have at least come up with 6 less arbitrary metrics?

Those stats tell the story of how Kawhi's game has grown, how much he has improved his shot, his moves...Being one of the most efficient players in the league, having the best points-to-turnover ratio, aren't arbitraty numbers, all his stats show how well he has become with the ball in his hands, something completely unthinkable five years ago.

YGWHI
01-02-2016, 07:31 PM

He'll will ruin every thread on ST if he keeps saying "Kawhi's system, role player" every time he posts, people reacts to his stupid things and the thread topic is getting disvirtuated.

But that's what a troll is and what trolls do, ruin everything on a board.

bic50
01-02-2016, 08:42 PM
He'll will ruin every thread on ST if he keeps saying "Kawhi's system, role player" every time he posts, people reacts to his stupid things and the thread topic is getting disvirtuated.

But that's what a troll is and what trolls do, ruin everything on a board.

True. It can't stand to see Kawhi get some praise. Wants this board to hate him as much as it does.

maverick1948
01-02-2016, 09:09 PM

Not in this system, ball movement is so good from all players that no one will have huge assist numbers. They can on a given night but not for a full season.

Mnky
01-02-2016, 09:32 PM
Not in this system, ball movement is so good from all players that no one will have huge assist numbers. They can on a given night but not for a full season.

People keep saying this. It wouldn't be a walk in the park by any means.

Maybe I'm grading Parker too high. I still believe he's pretty good. The system that emphasizes passing won't prevent a good passer from being good. It will enable him to become great.

ElNono
01-02-2016, 09:40 PM
Best dribbler in the game IMO

Mel_13
01-02-2016, 09:42 PM

100%duncan
01-02-2016, 09:46 PM

:lmao

FkLA
01-02-2016, 10:13 PM

Johnny RIngo
01-02-2016, 10:20 PM

Nobody takes GreatFaggot seriously. He's always been a shitty poster. The retard actually said Avery was more important than Robinson in the 1999 title run :lol

Tim won a championship with Avery as his second banana.

Avery was responsible for more points in the playoffs and was clutch, tbh.

:rollin

100%duncan
01-02-2016, 10:20 PM

Jesus

FkLA
01-02-2016, 10:25 PM
Nobody takes GreatFaggot seriously. He's always been a shitty poster. The retard actually said Avery was more important than Robinson in the 1999 title run :lol

Retardation must be a requirement to join the Enrique fanboy club tbh.

apalisoc_9
01-02-2016, 10:27 PM

wow

:lmao

TheGreatYacht
01-02-2016, 10:31 PM
Yup, he's always been inefficient in the post-season. Doesn't elevate his game like TD and Manu(legit playoff performers in their prime)
^ last week :lmao

Faggot Argie dissapoints again...worse than 2006

Last great teammate Duncan ever played with was DRob
^ a couple of years ago :lmao
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217455

God, what a shit poster tbh :rollin

Johnny RIngo
01-02-2016, 10:32 PM
Retardation must be a requirement to join the Enrique fanboy club tbh.

GreatFaggot loves his shitty point guards. The moron values inefficient offense over DPOY-calibre defense which explains his low opinion of DRob and Kawhi tbh

TheGreatYacht
01-02-2016, 10:33 PM
7 minutes left in the game...

MVParker: 8 assists, 2TO

Kawhobe: 2 assists, 3TO

TheGreatYacht
01-02-2016, 10:34 PM
GreatFaggot loves his shitty point guards. The moron values inefficient offense over DPOY-calibre defense which explains his low opinion of DRob and Kawhi tbh
Is Robinson the last great teammate Duncan ever had?

Johnny Faggot tbh

Johnny RIngo
01-02-2016, 10:34 PM
^ last week :lmao

^ a couple of years ago :lmao
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217455

God, what a shit poster tbh :rollin

I called out Manu when he had a bad season. I did the same for Parker last year. You, on the other hand, trashed Manu in 2013 while sucking Parker's dick last year. Hypocrite much?

Johnny RIngo
01-02-2016, 10:37 PM
Is Robinson the last great teammate Duncan ever had?

Johnny Faggot tbh

Nothing is as bad as saying Avery Johnson was better than Robinson. That's an all-time terrible take, even for your shitty low standards.

TheGreatYacht
01-02-2016, 10:39 PM
Nothing is as bad as saying Avery Johnson was better than Robinson. That's an all-time terrible take, even for your shitty low standards.
Completely avoiding the question. Hopefully you know your takes are shit. :tu

Johnny RIngo
01-02-2016, 10:55 PM
Completely avoiding the question. Hopefully you know your takes are shit. :tu

Not as shitty as thinking Avery Johnson was ever better than DRob :lol

bic50
01-02-2016, 11:23 PM

TheGreatYacht
01-02-2016, 11:42 PM
A lot of the usual suspects were shitting on Parker in the game thread, while you were viewing it, why didn't you go all white knight on them tbh? :lol

You only Jizzrag it up for Kiwi? Player fan smfh

bic50
01-02-2016, 11:49 PM
A lot of the usual suspects were shitting on Parker in the game thread, while you were viewing it, why didn't you go all white knight on them tbh? :lol

You only Jizzrag it up for Kiwi? Player fan smfh

Did I contribute to the hate like you do? Nope
Do I ever shit on parker or any player like you do kawhi? Nope
You shit on kawhi all the time then cry when someone does the same to parker.
Big difference dummy.

DenialTwist
01-03-2016, 12:05 AM
7 minutes left in the game...

MVParker: 8 assists, 2TO

Kawhobe: 2 assists, 3TO

Great assist game by Parker tonight but going 0/6 is not good. Imagine Parker going 0/6 against a team like the Warriors. Hopefully Parker finds his jumper again.

TheGreatYacht
01-03-2016, 12:10 AM
Great assist game by Parker tonight but going 0/6 is not good. Imagine Parker going 0/6 against a team like the Warriors. Hopefully Parker finds his jumper again.
Yup pretty shitty game. Beverley, Dwight, and Capella give him problems. Tim isn't helping either clogging the paint up.

10 assists and only 6fga when he didn't feel it was good to see though. Didn't force it up much and the misses were good shots. Patty came in clutch there at the end

YGWHI
01-03-2016, 12:26 AM
A lot of the usual suspects were shitting on Parker in the game thread...

But you constantly provoke others to criticize Parker harshly in every thread.

What do you think people will say after you post something like...Kawhi role player, system player...MVParker Kawhobe...?

People will reply saying "Parker 0-6 2 points, Kawhi 8-12 2-2 3's 22 points...Parker is so inefficient...Hope he finds his jumper next games..."

Do Parker a favor and stop talking shit about Kawhi.

SAGirl
01-03-2016, 12:33 AM
Every thread on spurstalk devolves into the same argument...
^^^
It was a nice thread by the OP.
I appreciated the evaluation since I hadn't followed the Spurs for such a long time.
Like many things (most threads? here) it devolved into a Kawhi v. Tony thread.... :vomit:

bic50
01-03-2016, 01:20 AM
But you constantly provoke others to criticize Parker harshly in every thread.

What do you think people will say after you post something like...Kawhi role player, system player...MVParker Kawhobe...?

People will reply saying "Parker 0-6 2 points, Kawhi 8-12 2-2 3's 22 points...Parker is so inefficient...Hope he finds his jumper next games..."

Do Parker a favor and stop talking shit about Kawhi.

:toast

Clipper Nation
01-03-2016, 02:19 AM

:lmao Holy shit... worst takes on the site, hands down. Even Skip Bayless would be embarrassed to put his name on that take.

Darius McCrary
01-03-2016, 03:31 PM

Agree.

Spurs frequently get clutch big time shots that count for nothing but that was in the finals so def is no. 1.

Duncan's sick long, one handed, fadeaway 2 with Shaq grabbing his forearm in the 0.4 game always comes to mind.

hater
01-09-2016, 11:08 AM
Another win another great game from MVParker

in2deep
01-12-2016, 10:14 PM
Another win another great game from MVParker

MultiTroll
01-12-2016, 10:17 PM
2nd highest paid player on the team showed leadership for a game!
Wow, great!

SASdynasty!
01-12-2016, 10:24 PM
2nd highest paid player on the team showed leadership for a game!
Wow, great!
He makes way less than LMA and he has never and will never make what Kahwi is already making. Try again.

MultiTroll
01-12-2016, 10:27 PM
He makes way less than LMA and he has never and will never make what Kahwi is already making. Try again.
:lol 3 years 45 and he completely ripped us last year.

Great game tonight, seriously. Great role playing by him all season long.
If he plays to his boundries he can help win another 'Ship.

ceperez
01-13-2016, 10:01 AM
I don't know exactly how Parker became unstoppable against the Pistons.

Was he shooting differently? It was like he was just making pull up jumpers and not needing to beat his man on speed.

Parker definitely has to change his game as he ages. If this is a preview of that changes, then I'm pretty impressed.