PDA

View Full Version : Duncan will play vs the Rockets

spursistan
12-31-2015, 02:10 PM

so it was basically a Pop scheduled rest :tu..nothing serious with Knee having to announce it two days before the next game..Still, i want to see some Boban in this particular matchup..

Knoxxx
12-31-2015, 02:14 PM
With the emergence of Boban, Tim is serving more of a mentor role this year anyway though I understand he still takes our D to another level. And the beauty is the transition to post Tim in the next year or three looks like it won't be too bad at all.

bic50
12-31-2015, 02:17 PM
I just hope boban plays also.

spursistan
12-31-2015, 02:32 PM
One would assume TD preservation program is going even better than Spurs initial plan .We just had historic month with Duncan logging 5 DNP-Rest (he played 77 games in the entire 2014-2015 season :lol)..This month, Timmy averaged 24.8 MPG compared to a brutal 34.8 MPG in last December..

Nathan89
12-31-2015, 02:53 PM
One would assume TD preservation program is going even better than Spurs initial plan .We just had historic month with Duncan logging 5 DNP-Rest (he played 77 games in the entire 2014-2015 season :lol)..This month, Timmy averaged 24.8 MPG compared to a brutal 34.8 MPG in last December..

And his role has been minimized in the minutes he does play.

TXstbobcat
12-31-2015, 03:40 PM
I'm glad Timmy is back. I really hope he plays against the bucks in a few days since I am going to that game up in Milwaukee.

littlecoyotecoin
12-31-2015, 03:49 PM
Was behind the bench last night. Tim is spending a lot of time with Boban during timeouts, etc. Was cool.

ceperez
12-31-2015, 04:34 PM
Was behind the bench last night. Tim is spending a lot of time with Boban during timeouts, etc. Was cool.

That seems to be the additional benefit of Tim sitting. He can focus on coaching!

Kawhitstorm
12-31-2015, 06:20 PM
Fock, that means Boban will get a DNP-Grumpy Coach's Decision:bang

T_L_P
12-31-2015, 06:26 PM
With the emergence of Boban, Tim is serving more of a mentor role this year anyway though I understand he still takes our D to another level. And the beauty is the transition to post Tim in the next year or three looks like it won't be too bad at all.

He's been able to coast in the reg for years.

We won't win if he's just a 'mentor' in the postseason though. We'll need him to play well, as always.

Mel_13
12-31-2015, 07:22 PM

We won't win if he's just a 'mentor' in the postseason though. We'll need him to play well, as always.

He wasn't able to coast last December.

rasuo214
12-31-2015, 07:38 PM
Fock, that means Boban will get a DNP-Grumpy Coach's Decision:bang

:pop: "I had to protect him from the MVP chants."

littlecoyotecoin
12-31-2015, 07:42 PM
He wasn't able to coast last December.

Yes. That's a hell of a misconception, that Duncan's been getting to coast. He's been playing entirely too much until now.

Currently, Manu and PARKER both are playing too much for my liking. They both look too good when rested, and Parker's been playing those: breakdown in March, April, May minutes with leg/ hamstring fatigue...

But, what does this broken record know...let's make it three years in a row with a Parker hammy in the playoffs.

rasuo214
12-31-2015, 07:50 PM
Yes. That's a hell of a misconception, that Duncan's been getting to coast. He's been playing entirely too much until now.

Currently, Manu and PARKER both are playing too much for my liking. They both look too good when rested, and Parker's been playing those: breakdown in March, April, May minutes with leg/ hamstring fatigue...

But, what does this broken record know...let's make it three years in a row with a Parker hammy in the playoffs.

Parker and Manu are playing the fewest minutes of their careers.

littlecoyotecoin
12-31-2015, 07:57 PM
Parker and Manu are playing the fewest minutes of their careers.

Which should still be lower or with more rest games. The fact their minutes are down is not lost on me.

z0sa
12-31-2015, 08:10 PM

Not really, tbh.

rasuo214
12-31-2015, 08:29 PM
Which should still be lower or with more rest games. The fact their minutes are down is not lost on me.

I think Parker's minutes are fine, Manu could maybe drop to 16-17 mins and I agree they could use a few rest games (especially Manu).

SpurPadre
12-31-2015, 08:49 PM
We really lost to this Rockets team? Wow.

tmtcsc
12-31-2015, 08:50 PM
They don't need him, tbh., its the Rockets. Give him another day off.

timtonymanu
12-31-2015, 08:56 PM
We really lost to this Rockets team? Wow.

Yeah it's pretty embarrassing to think about now. We better destroy them Phoenix style on Saturday.

Uriel
12-31-2015, 08:57 PM
As thrilled as I am with the minimal workload Duncan has had to endure to start the season, I do hope Pop starts ramping up his minutes come March and April to prepare him for the grind of the playoffs.

SpurPadre
12-31-2015, 09:02 PM
Yeah it's pretty embarrassing to think about now. We better destroy them Phoenix style on Saturday.

Hope so. Short-handed Dubs on the second of a back to back don't even feel the need to hack a Dwight, either.

tmtcsc
12-31-2015, 09:07 PM
Spurs by at least 20 on Saturday. The Rockets are terrible.

SpurPadre
12-31-2015, 09:09 PM
You'd think the Sixers would've beaten us on Christmas seeing how the Rockets haves looked since then.

Horse
01-01-2016, 09:27 AM
Christmas rockets that's all you need to know. We'll get even tomorrow tonight.

Vokun
01-01-2016, 10:49 AM
Boban better get solid minutes Saturday. I want to see him sh*t on Howard and have a mental meltdown.

I'm fully ready for a Pop DND though. :ihit

littlecoyotecoin
01-01-2016, 04:14 PM
I think Parker's minutes are fine, Manu could maybe drop to 16-17 mins and I agree they could use a few rest games (especially Manu).

Of course you think his minutes are fine. That's how 20/20 hindsight works. When he's all busted the fuck up in May, only then will people (not you of course) will be thinking: I wonder if he should have played a little less and taken some more rest games like Duncan and Gino.

People discount his age too much because he is a few years younger than Tim and Gino. Tim is a big, and Gino is a great facilitator. Tim can be old and big. Manu can be old and pass. Parker is a hybrid scorer facilitator, his facilitating predicated upon being quick enough to penetrate the lane and dish or score. His particular skill-set relies more so on quickness than the two other big three. He becomes only a shell of himself if he is not healthy and rested. Therefore, getting him the same kind of rest Tim and Manu get is paramount. The fact that he is a few years younger doesn't matter. He has been a pro since he was 19. Playing year round. Hitting the floor on every other drive. He's got plenty enough miles, and we've got a good enough chance at a ring, that he should be pretty much in glass- break glass in case of playoffs, just like Tim and Manu are. I think we have missed plenty of opportunities to reduce his minutes already, and get him some rest games, but hopefully it hasn't been done for chemistry reasons...to establish rapport between new team members, and significantly more down time is around the corner.

With him playing so many minutes last year, it was easy to predict his breakdown by year end.

I am sure there was somene saying his minutes were fine last year, too. When he was a year younger.

weebo
01-01-2016, 04:25 PM
There's a fine line between too much rest and no rest. Not enough rest--body begins to break down because of overuse and fatigue. Rest them too much--body breaks down because of poor fitness. I think Pop and the rest of the staff understands how much time the guys need on the floor and when to give them a break. If Pop and co. feel that they should play and can play, let them play.

TheDoctor
01-01-2016, 05:55 PM
There's a fine line between too much rest and no rest. Not enough rest--body begins to break down because of overuse and fatigue. Rest them too much--body breaks down because of poor fitness. I think Pop and the rest of the staff understands how much time the guys need on the floor and when to give them a break. If Pop and co. feel that they should play and can play, let them play.

I don't think we should worry regarding TD's fitness and training tbh. TD knows he needs to stay in tip-top shape, he's not Boris :lol

T_L_P
01-01-2016, 07:20 PM

If this were Boris, Tony, Aldridge etc I'd understand this argument, but Duncan is one of, if not the most committed players in the league when it comes to fitness.

He diets much better than other plays and doesn't rely on playing basketball to stay in shape. He hasn't been out of shape in like 4 years now.

spursistan
01-02-2016, 11:09 PM
he looked absolutely dogshit.. either too rusty or the knee is actually hindering him..I think Pop really should ram up the minutes for him a bit to see what we trully have in him this season....

SAGirl
01-02-2016, 11:24 PM
Yea Timmy had a bad game, which was unheard of. Just last season he put together a December for the ages in one of the most depleted teams of the recent (new) era. Not sure if it really is the knee, lack of rhythm sitting out a few games, or if it is father time. He will bounce back bc he's a legend, but it's something to keep an eye on.

T Park
01-02-2016, 11:25 PM
he looked absolutely dogshit.. either too rusty or the knee is actually hindering him..I think Pop really should ram up the minutes for him a bit to see what we trully have in him this season....

Ramp up the minutes in January for a 39 year old. Brilliant.

apalisoc_9
01-02-2016, 11:25 PM
He hasnt played in a week. Hes 88 years old...why on earth would you expect a fluid game from tim?

ElNono
01-02-2016, 11:26 PM
Only really need him on defense and this Rockets front court is bound to give him problems, tbh...

Not really worried, unless his knee issue is more than what was reported...

TheDoctor
01-02-2016, 11:36 PM
Ramp up the minutes in January for a 39 year old. Brilliant.
He dont know if the knee is actually bothering TD but yeah, lets ramp up the mins :lol

spursistan
01-02-2016, 11:47 PM
He dont know if the knee is actually bothering TD but yeah, lets ramp up the mins :lol
yeah, that would obviously be my advice because i didn't mention maybe this is rustiness thing :lol