PDA

View Full Version : Coach Daniel Spurs 2015 Breakdown

Chinook
12-31-2015, 10:37 PM
I've actually liked this guy more than Coach Nick for a while now. Dude knows his stuff, even if he sounds like a robot with a cold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjsB8C6hi8g

I liked the analysis of the offense more than the analysis of the defense. It was nice to see more of the sets broken down. But I disagree with him on Anderson and even Parker, and I think failing to mention LMA's D shows he hasn't paid enough attention to the Spurs this season.

apalisoc_9
12-31-2015, 10:40 PM
Lol I thought I was the only one watching this dude. Hes pretty good. Needs more content on his channel though

Chinook
12-31-2015, 10:48 PM
Lol I thought I was the only one watching this dude. Hes pretty good. Needs more content on his channel though

Yeah, he needs to get partnered in the worst way. But I hope he won't go the way Coach Nick has if he makes it that far.

100%duncan
12-31-2015, 10:51 PM
Ive yet to check this guy out. Bballbreakdown has gone showbiz on clickbait titles like kawhi vs pg which wont be answered at the end of the video :lol

Chinook
12-31-2015, 10:54 PM
My beef about Nick is that he has half-videos on Youtube now and a pretty annoying main channel. Much rather he stick to Youtube and just get a Patreon or ask for donations.

rmt
12-31-2015, 10:56 PM
He doesn't like Parker's defense, does he?

apalisoc_9
12-31-2015, 10:58 PM
Yeah, he needs to get partnered in the worst way. But I hope he won't go the way Coach Nick has if he makes it that far.

Coach nick youtube content went to the shitter last year. Way too many clickbait, fans pleasing takes and worst is incomplete content in youtube. I've emailed coach daniel about the possibility of getting partnered. He is interested but he probably hasnt had any offer because he hardly post content. In a niche market like his, he needs to post more content.

I totally agree with all his takes save maybe for the Anderson take. Despite Parker new outlook in defense, he is still a short and small dude..He is.going to be a liability against bigger guards.

Spurtacular
01-01-2016, 02:51 AM
Their knowledge levels are comparable. Coach Nick has better production value and better oration / presentation skills as. Coach Daniel is worth the watch though.

cariocaz
01-01-2016, 01:36 PM
Thanks for sharing!

vander
01-01-2016, 03:00 PM
cherry picking plays to make his point, no surprise that first responder likes the video

freetiago
01-01-2016, 04:01 PM
SAGirl on suicide watch tbh

SAGirl
01-01-2016, 04:30 PM
SAGirl on suicide watch tbh

:wakeup
Suicide not to be taken lightly Tbh. I know it's a joke, and that you have to take things in context, but it's a real issue. Not going to say more than that.

Coach only observed a few minutes of him in some early season games, since the footage of his videos include games he didn't even play. It's more likely he's simply biased bc he's slow and has not really observed enough of him to notice how disruptive and smart he is using his size, his length and positioning to throw off his guy. Also, he's been very good on team defense.

benefactor
01-01-2016, 05:22 PM
:wakeup
Suicide not to be taken lightly Tbh. I know it's a joke, and that you have to take things in context, but it's a real issue. Not going to say more than that.

:lol...really? Probably better find a different place to post then. "Kill yourself" is as much a part of the fabric of ST as "faggot" is.

SAGirl
01-01-2016, 06:10 PM
:lol...really? Probably better find a different place to post then. "Kill yourself" is as much a part of the fabric of ST as "faggot" is.

I know what the "environment" is here, and I'm not around to lecture anybody, which is why I limited my comment to just one sentence, and will just leave it that.

ElNono
01-01-2016, 06:11 PM
Dude is decent, but he has nothing on the advanced analysis of game threads here, IMO

cjw
01-01-2016, 06:41 PM
Coach nick youtube content went to the shitter last year. Way too many clickbait, fans pleasing takes and worst is incomplete content in youtube. I've emailed coach daniel about the possibility of getting partnered. He is interested but he probably hasnt had any offer because he hardly post content. In a niche market like his, he needs to post more content.

I totally agree with all his takes save maybe for the Anderson take. Despite Parker new outlook in defense, he is still a short and small dude..He is.going to be a liability against bigger guards.

Shaun Livingston comes to mind. He does play a lot of minutes with Curry (237 of 635 so far this year), but when he's running the offense, he may be one of the smaller guys on the floor at 6'7" unless Barbosa is in. Livingston has the third most post-ups on the team and I expect him to take Parker/Mills into the post.

ceperez
01-01-2016, 07:43 PM
Shaun Livingston comes to mind. He does play a lot of minutes with Curry (237 of 635 so far this year), but when he's running the offense, he may be one of the smaller guys on the floor at 6'7" unless Barbosa is in. Livingston has the third most post-ups on the team and I expect him to take Parker/Mills into the post.

Livingston is a problematic cover for the Spurs if Parker or Mills are on him. Livingston makes makes his living posting up small guards and can shoot a ridiculous percentage mid-range. Anderson should do fine guarding him though.

Honestly, I have trouble seeing how either Parker or Mills can stay on the court versus GSW. They are going to be exposed by any of those 6'6" players. Curry is the only player that they may be able to guard and that is a very bad proposition.

That's why I've been advocating the player development of Simmons. There's no way Spurs can win with Parker or Mills guarding Curry.