PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: This is the most rotten bunch I've ever had to root for[changes coming soon]

sook
01-01-2016, 01:55 AM
I don't think I've ever seen a rockets team that was this hard to root for. No drive, fire, tenacity...just predictable lazy and disinterested play night after night. Les (the owner) was on air tonight and took shots at the team and players himself during the game. The last time he did this was when McHale was fired. When Clyde goes, "At least they play hard" , les goes "Sometimes" and was the most pissed off I've seen him in a while. Clearly calculated exposure following the "if they don't play hard they're leaving" comment a couple of weeks ago. A lot of insiders are confirming the big change as well.

Best guess? Harden or Dwight are gone.

Hopefully Harden, Dwight at least shows up to play.

ezau
01-01-2016, 02:13 AM
Who could they possibly get by trading Harden and/or Howard? Shaking up everything this late in the season would really hurt the Rockets' chances, IMHO.

Robz4000
01-01-2016, 02:34 AM
Rockets beat the Spurs Saturday, everything is gravy, then they lose another 3 straight.

sook
01-01-2016, 02:35 AM
Rockets beat the Spurs Saturday, everything is gravy, then they lose another 3 straight.

Thats what mediocre teams do though, they occasionally beat good teams.

Also, it is the right move imo, when you play this disinterested some big changes like that have to happen. Its not working.

DeRozan m8
01-01-2016, 03:19 AM
They're kinda stuck with Harden.
You'd be spewin

apalisoc_9
01-01-2016, 03:39 AM
Howard has been the scapegoat for the most part but unfairly. Harden I would say is probably the biggest reason why his teamates just dont want to play. His no D but i have have liberty to shoot 40 shots a game is probably frustrating his teamates.

I would personally find a way to trade howard now though. Hes not coming back next year. Some teams might be able to use him as a season rental.

Keep Harden. Get a coach with a bigger ego than Harden

UNT Eagles 2016
01-01-2016, 03:39 AM
only rooted for them today because GSW :flipoff screw you for not beating Curry-less GSW but beating us :cuss

sook
01-01-2016, 03:45 AM
Howard has been the scapegoat for the most part but unfairly. Harden I would say is probably the biggest reason why his teamates just dont want to play. His no D but i have have liberty to shoot 40 shots a game is probably frustrating his teamates.

I would personally find a way to trade howard now though. Hes not coming back next year. Some teams might be able to use him as a season rental.

Keep Harden. Get a coach with a bigger ego than Harden

Well, you pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Howard has been the scapegoat...and credit to him for not bitching with the number of touches he's getting and still taking the blame. Sadly however, he will probably be the one to go for the reason you stated. I don't see a coach really changing Harden...some players are good at the game but treat it like a 9-5 job...he seems like one of them. You can tame a lion, but will have trouble motivating a pussycat.

only rooted for them today because GSW :flipoff screw you for not beating Curry-less GSW but beating us :cuss

They'll get their shit pushed in tomorrow, and I hope they do. Need to tank and reload through the draft.

~O~
01-01-2016, 03:50 AM
Harden is probably going to replace the cancerous volume scorers who are long retired or close to retirement. He's already terrible to watch when on court. He's Kevin Martin's replacement. Completely dependent on calls.

As for Howard. I'm a Magic fan. Meh.

Reck
01-01-2016, 04:19 AM
He lives!

sook
01-01-2016, 04:34 AM
He lives!

:lol the last couple of months have been crazy busy, and its gonna get busier. I do still lurk from time to time doe :tu

Thread
01-01-2016, 07:08 AM
Told ya it wasn't McHale.

-21-
01-01-2016, 09:08 AM
Well, you pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Howard has been the scapegoat...and credit to him for not bitching with the number of touches he's getting and still taking the blame. Sadly however, he will probably be the one to go for the reason you stated. I don't see a coach really changing Harden...some players are good at the game but treat it like a 9-5 job...he seems like one of them. You can tame a lion, but will have trouble motivating a pussycat.

Imagine him being coached by Thibs/Pop/Carlisle... Pop and Thibs would scold him 24/7 while Carlisle would give him the Rondo treatment. :lol

djohn2oo8
01-01-2016, 09:11 AM

He let these egos get out of check.

djohn2oo8
01-01-2016, 09:11 AM
Trade Harden.

baseline bum
01-01-2016, 09:16 AM
Damn remember when Harden was the next Ginobili? Now he's the next Arenas.

baseline bum
01-01-2016, 09:21 AM
Trade Harden.

I gotta agree with apalisoc. No way the Rockets could get fair value dumping him right now.

SpursIndonesia
01-01-2016, 10:03 AM
Trade Harden.

Utah has a collection of decent young perimeter players, but i don't think the Rox want to deal with an old, bitter division rival. Minnesota will listen if you want something like Lavine + Martin or something like that, perhaps even adding a protected pick or two. Or you can aim for Victor Oladipo & parts, but i think that guy is a bit overrated, though seems to have his brain well screwed. Hezonja is the better long term prospect but i think the Magic will say no.

Clearly those trades would be trading for pennies on the dollar, but beggar can't be chooser, and your team is exactly that if they want to trade their franchise player a year removed from the WCF series.

LkrFan
01-01-2016, 10:09 AM
Trade Dwert.
FIFY

Thread
01-01-2016, 12:03 PM
He let these egos get out of check.

That's weakPERIOD

Thread
01-01-2016, 12:04 PM

& if we told anybody outside this room they'd have ta kill us.

RsxPiimp
01-01-2016, 12:55 PM

I called it first, Bum. ME

Last season was a fluke son, Harden will never have a run like that again. That ugly ass nigga is about to have a Gilbert Arenas like career, best believe that.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253665&page=4&highlight=james+harden

Killakobe81
01-01-2016, 01:01 PM
I called it first, Bum. ME

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253665&page=4&highlight=james+harden

I didnt tjink it would happen this soon but I also made an Arenas comparison. Most of the SG scorer types like Redd, Arenas, even Joe Johnson struggle to maintain elite play over a number of seasons

Mitch
01-01-2016, 01:08 PM
http://rockets.clutchfans.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/morey_magician.gif
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/954/424/DwightSings_original.gif?1373068787
http://i.minus.com/iUG0TvSrnC25D.gif

SpursIndonesia
01-01-2016, 02:07 PM
I didnt tjink it would happen this soon but I also made an Arenas comparison. Most of the SG scorer types like Redd, Arenas, even Joe Johnson struggle to maintain elite play over a number of seasons

His offensive game after early season doldrum is still elite though, he is a real talent offensively. It is just he is basically a rich man Bellinelli, a wash most nights and minus when facing as good players matched up with him. No defense, no leadership, this guy only thinks booty & party, that's it.

Raven
01-01-2016, 02:08 PM
remember when you were rooting for the carcass of yao ming and tosb tmac?

DMC
01-01-2016, 07:08 PM
James Harden always looks like he just took a qualude 30 minutes ago. His demeanor is zombie like, that faggot beard makes him look retarded and he's a droopy eyed fuck. The problem is with him. He gives off a facade of being a team leader but he's really a known quantity that's insufficient to win a ring. Why have him?

DMC
01-01-2016, 07:11 PM
It wasn't only McHale. That's not the same thing. McHale can't coach but even a great coach would fail with Harden running the point how he currently runs it. If he could transform his game to something more cerebral, less flashy and ghetto, he'd be a good PG on a decent team.

Koolaid_Man
01-01-2016, 07:13 PM
James Harden always looks like he just took a qualude 30 minutes ago. His demeanor is zombie like, that faggot beard makes him look retarded and he's a droopy eyed fuck. The problem is with him. He gives off a facade of being a team leader but he's really a known quantity that's insufficient to win a ring. Why have him?

Can you see your dick when you pee?

sasaint
01-01-2016, 11:02 PM

:lmao But, like, wow, dude, the refs like Droopy.

sasaint
01-01-2016, 11:09 PM
I gotta agree with apalisoc. No way the Rockets could get fair value dumping him right now.

When does a team ever get "fair value" for a player that is universally recognized as a grossly overpaid cancer?

Thread
01-01-2016, 11:17 PM
When does a team ever get "fair value" for a player that is universally recognized as a grossly overpaid cancer?

He quit on ya in the middle of the playoffs because Pastor Robinson proselytized him.

DMC
01-01-2016, 11:32 PM
He quit on ya in the middle of the playoffs because Pastor Robinson proselytized him.
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_VcyDXyRQbY4jhpLNcFKTD5fmg9_GC syQNwT6pJMx1wrXJwF1

Splits
01-01-2016, 11:42 PM

Speaking of quitting...

Kobe in a playoff game, refusing to shoot
Kobe for three consecutive seasons
Kobe in the middle of the season
Bale whenever the going gets tough

hitmanyr2k
01-01-2016, 11:49 PM
This is all-star game defense. Until Houston cleans this shit up they're going to stay where they are.

https://streamable.com/ttah?t=7.4

Thread
01-02-2016, 12:03 AM
Speaking of quitting...

You ain't fuckin' Champ. You're in the field of 29 with me.

DMC
01-02-2016, 12:00 PM
Speaking of quitting...

Kobe in a playoff game, refusing to shoot
Kobe for three consecutive seasons
Kobe in the middle of the season

Bail

Brian Windhorst
01-02-2016, 12:07 PM
Houston should be on the phone with Ainge about Harden tbh. Boston could put together a formidable package of your pieces and picks, and they probably believe that their superior coach could keep him in check (or at least properly gameplan around him). Nets 1st pick from Boston + Bradley and Isaiah Thomas for Harden might be acceptable. It would allow the Rockets to compete this year with a Dwight-centric team, let him walk and rebuild with a high pick and two affordable starting guards.

Thread
01-02-2016, 01:50 PM
Bail

You ain't fuckin' Champ. You're 1 of 29 just like me.

StrengthAndHonor
01-02-2016, 02:14 PM
Hard to argue with this...

spursistan
01-02-2016, 02:24 PM
It is in great measure on Harden getting fat and happy in the summer..but they aren't trading him..he is 4-years younger and more durable than a soon to be breaking-down Howard who would be demanding an albatross contract..

I think the obvious next move for team that has chronic issue with effort/discipline, which stems from the bad exmple their best player sets, is to hire a no-nonsense coach who has enough pedigree to crack the whip..The only available option on the market that fits that is Tom Thibodeau but that will likely come with the emasculation or firing of Morey....If Harden doesn't get straightened by Thibs , then you simply ship his ass and move on...

Thread
01-02-2016, 02:38 PM
It is in great measure on Harden getting fat and happy in the summer..but they aren't trading him..he is 4-years younger and more durable than a soon to be breaking-down Howard who would be demanding an albatross contract..

I think the obvious next move for team that has chronic issue with effort/discipline, which stems from the bad exmple their best player sets, is to hire a no-nonsense coach who has enough pedigree to crack the whip..The only available option on the market that fits that is Tom Thibodeau but that will likely come with the emasculation or firing of Morey....If Harden doesn't get straightened by Thibs , then you simply ship his ass and move on...

You're gonna "to crack the whip" on black players who live in a time of whitey gettin' they white ass cracked with a whip is the expected/desired/demanded cultural phenomenon?

DMC
01-02-2016, 03:58 PM

I was here when you rang though.

Robz4000
01-02-2016, 04:28 PM
Houston should be on the phone with Ainge about Harden tbh. Boston could put together a formidable package of your pieces and picks, and they probably believe that their superior coach could keep him in check (or at least properly gameplan around him). Nets 1st pick from Boston + Bradley and Isaiah Thomas for Harden might be acceptable. It would allow the Rockets to compete this year with a Dwight-centric team, let him walk and rebuild with a high pick and two affordable starting guards.

That'd be a terrible trade for Boston. Maybe the pick and Isaiah Thomas but there's no way they should trade all three.

spurs10
01-02-2016, 04:49 PM
:flag:

SpursIndonesia
01-02-2016, 05:03 PM
You're gonna "to crack the whip" on black players who live in a time of whitey gettin' they white ass cracked with a whip is the expected/desired/demanded cultural phenomenon?

This, Harden is a lost cause IMHO, he is content with party & booty, basketball is just a business about enlarging his brand to push his value up as the black baller idol & maximizing his income out of it.

Thread
01-02-2016, 07:59 PM
This, Harden is a lost cause IMHO, he is content with party & booty, basketball is just a business about enlarging his brand to push his value up as the black baller idol & maximizing his income out of it.

That's the same strategy employed by at least 75% of the rank & file & growing day-by-day. The ring means nothing to this 75+%. It'll be State's undoing. I'm just hoping they'll hold out six more months, deny you your 6th and then maybe Duncan & The Pile will retire.

DMC
01-02-2016, 10:52 PM
That's the same strategy employed by at least 75% of the rank & file & growing day-by-day. The ring means nothing to this 75+%. It'll be State's undoing. I'm just hoping they'll hold out six more months, deny you your 6th and then maybe Duncan & The Pile will retire.
Kobe called, said get your mind off him.

TDMVPDPOY
01-02-2016, 11:06 PM

thats what d12 did when he sign with the lakers trying to push his brand

btw what was his brand anyway? biblekemps?

are the lakers going to chase after him again when his a FA and kirby retiring...?

TheGreatYacht
01-03-2016, 12:05 AM
This team doesn't fit the Moreyball way tbh. A bunch of shit shooters who can't shoot, which is what Houston does.

Asik, Lin, Parsons, Daniels, Josh Smith, that other big who's with LAL etc.. Lost a bunch of pieces that fit better with Harden and Dwight.

Shit team that got lucky Spurs shit the bed in Christmas per par. Houston has a lot of cocky ass showboating players on that team... Can't help but root against them.

Indazone
01-03-2016, 08:09 AM
Gotta agree with every comment posted here tonight. Harden is just horrible and he leads the NBA in turnovers tonight 4.5

Indazone
01-03-2016, 08:19 AM
I would take a healthy T-Mac anyday over Frauden

Double-Up
01-03-2016, 11:39 AM
I would take a healthy T-Mac anyday over Frauden

Let's not get delusional now...Harden has taken us farther than T-Mac ever has.

lmbebo
01-03-2016, 11:42 AM
T-Mac, at least it would seem, played with more heart than Harden.

Harden just looks like he doesn't care. Too much talent to be pissing it away like he is.

Indazone
01-03-2016, 08:32 PM
People were ripping all the role players around Harden. Fact, every point guard that has left the team is outting up better numbers without NBA turnover King Harrden