PDA

View Full Version : Pelicans: Jimmy To Opponent: "You Got To Get Into My Body"

Koolaid_Man
01-01-2016, 06:45 PM
:lmao poor fella had no idea the real reason behind the advice :lol poor fellow...its called cheap thrills :lmao

“So we’re playing the Spurs and I get the ball on the post. I inside pivot and sweep to the middle for my jump hook and he blocks it. So as we are running down the court he says to me “that was a good move but you have to get more into my body so you can either draw the foul or I can’t block it”. So I didn’t know if he was talking noise or what so just kind of looked at him confused and said ok.

Then, a few plays later I did it again got more into his body and he couldn’t block it. I missed the shot and he looked at me and said much better and kept playing lol. I remember calling my boy Zee Chilton (https://www.facebook.com/zyrone) and telling him this story lol Tim Duncan is honestly one of the nicest guys in the NBA and one of the best power forwards ever. Respect”

Read more at http://fanbuzz.rare.us/story/tim-duncan-is-the-strangest-trash-talker-ever/#rk6JRUfPoWE3gMmX.99

DMC
01-01-2016, 06:52 PM
Steve Kerr could resume coaching Warriors this weekend

DALLAS -- Golden State Warriors coach Steve Kerr could resume his duties as soon as this weekend, although no firm timetable has been set.

Kerr joined the team for its two-game trip to Texas, which began Wednesday with a 114-91 loss to Dallas and ends Thursday in Houston. It's the first multigame trip this season for Kerr, who has been sidelined since experiencing serious complications following offseason back surgery. He traveled to one game against the Clippers in Los Angeles earlier this season.

"It's obviously a possibility," interim coach Luke Walton said of Kerr's potential return to the bench this weekend. "He hasn't said he's going to. To be honest, I don't think he knows yet. I think that's part of why he's on this road trip, to see how his body handles the travel and getting into Houston at 1 a.m. tonight to turn around and play again then get on another plane and fly home and get in late again. So that's part of why he's here on this trip, whether or not this weekend is a realistic return or not."

Kerr is declining interview requests until he resumes coaching duties, according to a Warriors spokesman.

ElNono
01-01-2016, 06:55 PM
Will bananas become extinct?

Americans of a certain age can recall the good old days when bananas were bigger, sweeter and creamier than the ones we eat today. No, Grandma isn't falsely romanticizing the past. Until the late 1950s, the standard banana was the Gros Michel, which by all accounts was markedly superior to the modern fruit.

It was almost entirely wiped out by an unstoppable fungus — to be replaced by the fungus-resistant Cavendish, which now accounts for 99 percent of all the bananas exported in the world market. And while it may not be quite as good, we'll always have the Cavendish.

Won't we?

Maybe not, scientists say. Rather, probably not. In fact, you can probably kiss your sweet banana goodbye. In the 1990s, a new and remorselessly unstoppable fungus called Tropical Race 4 began ravaging plants in Indonesia and Malaysia. It has since spread to the Philippines and Mozambique.

Experts say it's only a matter of time before it lands in South America, where most bananas are grown. In time, we could all be singing the 1920s song: "Yes, We Have No Bananas."

It would be a sad song this time. Bananas are the most popular fruit on the planet, with 100 billion eaten every year. The average American eats some 100 a year, or about 25 pounds' worth — compared with 16 pounds of apples, the second most popular fruit in the United States.

It's not hard to understand why. Bananas are tasty, convenient and naturally packaged in an impervious peel, with none of the messy juice you get with peaches and oranges. They are low in fat and high in potassium, with vitamins C and B-6 thrown in as a bonus. They serve well in cereal, fruit salad and smoothies, not to mention banana splits and banana bread.

They're handsomely shaped and brightly colored. They keep for days. They're a bargain, currently going for about 60 cents a pound.

You can put one in a tailpipe to disable a car — at least that's what Eddie Murphy did to a police cruiser in "Beverly Hills Cop." The 1940s film star and singer Carmen Miranda even put them to service in a hat.

Though other kinds of bananas exist, none has been found with all the virtues of the Cavendish. But scientists apparently aren't immune to the, um, appeal of bananas. They are trying to develop a new version of the Cavendish that could shrug off the Tropical Race 4 like a summer rain.

Whether they will succeed is anyone's guess. The good news is that any mass extinction is many years away. But our advice: Enjoy them while you can.

Koolaid_Man
01-01-2016, 06:59 PM
I got mine in first :lmao

Koolaid_Man
01-01-2016, 07:00 PM

DALLAS -- Golden State Warriors coach Steve Kerr could resume his duties as soon as this weekend, although no firm timetable has been set.

Kerr joined the team for its two-game trip to Texas, which began Wednesday with a 114-91 loss to Dallas and ends Thursday in Houston. It's the first multigame trip this season for Kerr, who has been sidelined since experiencing serious complications following offseason back surgery. He traveled to one game against the Clippers in Los Angeles earlier this season.

"It's obviously a possibility," interim coach Luke Walton said of Kerr's potential return to the bench this weekend. "He hasn't said he's going to. To be honest, I don't think he knows yet. I think that's part of why he's on this road trip, to see how his body handles the travel and getting into Houston at 1 a.m. tonight to turn around and play again then get on another plane and fly home and get in late again. So that's part of why he's here on this trip, whether or not this weekend is a realistic return or not."

Kerr is declining interview requests until he resumes coaching duties, according to a Warriors spokesman.

Will Kerr be into his body?

Koolaid_Man
01-01-2016, 07:01 PM

Americans of a certain age can recall the good old days when bananas were bigger, sweeter and creamier than the ones we eat today. No, Grandma isn't falsely romanticizing the past. Until the late 1950s, the standard banana was the Gros Michel, which by all accounts was markedly superior to the modern fruit.

It was almost entirely wiped out by an unstoppable fungus — to be replaced by the fungus-resistant Cavendish, which now accounts for 99 percent of all the bananas exported in the world market. And while it may not be quite as good, we'll always have the Cavendish.

Won't we?

Maybe not, scientists say. Rather, probably not. In fact, you can probably kiss your sweet banana goodbye. In the 1990s, a new and remorselessly unstoppable fungus called Tropical Race 4 began ravaging plants in Indonesia and Malaysia. It has since spread to the Philippines and Mozambique.

Experts say it's only a matter of time before it lands in South America, where most bananas are grown. In time, we could all be singing the 1920s song: "Yes, We Have No Bananas."

It would be a sad song this time. Bananas are the most popular fruit on the planet, with 100 billion eaten every year. The average American eats some 100 a year, or about 25 pounds' worth — compared with 16 pounds of apples, the second most popular fruit in the United States.

It's not hard to understand why. Bananas are tasty, convenient and naturally packaged in an impervious peel, with none of the messy juice you get with peaches and oranges. They are low in fat and high in potassium, with vitamins C and B-6 thrown in as a bonus. They serve well in cereal, fruit salad and smoothies, not to mention banana splits and banana bread.

They're handsomely shaped and brightly colored. They keep for days. They're a bargain, currently going for about 60 cents a pound.

You can put one in a tailpipe to disable a car — at least that's what Eddie Murphy did to a police cruiser in "Beverly Hills Cop." The 1940s film star and singer Carmen Miranda even put them to service in a hat.

Though other kinds of bananas exist, none has been found with all the virtues of the Cavendish. But scientists apparently aren't immune to the, um, appeal of bananas. They are trying to develop a new version of the Cavendish that could shrug off the Tropical Race 4 like a summer rain.

Whether they will succeed is anyone's guess. The good news is that any mass extinction is many years away. But our advice: Enjoy them while you can.

Jimmy loves bananas so no...

DMC
01-01-2016, 07:02 PM

Won't we?

Do you think Kirk Cameron was right about the banana proving that a god exists?

Koolaid_Man
01-01-2016, 07:03 PM

Bananas were created for Islanders :lol

ElNono
01-01-2016, 07:20 PM

lol @ the atheists' nightmare

Splits
01-01-2016, 07:37 PM
Avocado sales up, prices down at retail

News reports that retail avocado prices have skyrocketed or that there is a drastic shortage of the fruit are grossly inaccurate, said Emiliano Escobedo, executive director of the Hass Avocado Board, Irvine, Calif.

“A few months ago, there were several stories out in the general media about the drought and how avocados were going to disappear or become extremely expensive for consumers,” he said.

Escobedo took a look at avocado sales and retail prices through mid-June and said he found that average U.S. retail avocado prices as of June 14 actually had declined 6.5% compared to a year earlier.

Last year, the average retail price of an avocado was $1.10, he said. This year, it’s $1.03.

For the four weeks ending June 14, prices dropped 13.8%, he said.

“You’re seeing tremendous velocity at retail,” he said. “Unit (sales) are growing like crazy.”

During that four-week period, sales of retail units were up 27.2% in the U.S.

In California, the nation’s largest market, avocado sales were up 28.5%.

Through June, U.S. retail sales of avocados were up 20.4%, and in California, where slower growth would be expected, unit sales were up nearly 20%.

“While consumer media were talking about how there was going to be a decline in avocados because of the drought, and that prices were more than likely going to rise, we’re seeing the complete opposite,” he said.

Meanwhile, returns to growers have been good and retailers are selling more fruit as a result of increased promotions, so they are improving their bottom line, Escobedo said.

Silver&Black
01-01-2016, 07:39 PM

Won't we?

:tu Way to generate some actual discussion in a Kool thread

baseline bum
01-01-2016, 08:21 PM
The New Superfruit You’ve Never Heard of but Need to Try (http://news.health.com/2015/07/06/the-new-superfruit-youve-never-heard-of-but-need-to-try/)

http://i.imgur.com/GYzVPlU.jpg

Move over, açai—there’s a new superfood in town.

Well, it’s new to us, anyway. Pitaya, aka dragon fruit, is a staple in Central American diets, and now the bright magenta-hued fruit has made its way north.

Aside from its good looks (that color!), pitaya is loaded with nutrients. While the whole fruit isn’t always easy to find in stores, it’s readily available frozen, and just as beneficial for you that way: One 100g packet is a good source of fiber and magnesium, and also lends vitamin C, iron, and B vitamins, all for 60 calories. (You already know that brightly-colored fruit and vegetables are loaded with health-boosting antioxidants.) It’s a perfect base for smoothies and smoothie bowls, like this one:

http://i.imgur.com/E2nAqNQ.png
Pretty pitaya (dragonfruit) smoothie bowl! Recipe coming soon... Thanks @pitayaplus for the lovely fruit. #smoothie #smoothiebowl #vegan #grabaspoon #coconut #VSCOcam

I particularly love the Pitaya Plus brand, since it’s certified organic by the USDA, and founder Chuck Casano is also on a social mission in Nicaragua, where he sources much of the fruit, scoops it out and freezes it in a solar-powered factory, then uses the discarded skins for compost. All that, and he employs local single mothers, too.

You can also find pitaya in many juice bars, or, if you prefer dried fruit, Navitas Naturals sells it that way ($7.30 for 3 oz., amazon.com), so you can snack on it or cut it up and sprinkle it on oatmeal or a salad. And if you do find it at a market near you, don’t be afraid to slice in and give it a try—despite pitava’s wild looks, its taste is mild and lightly sweet and tart.

Koolaid_Man
01-01-2016, 08:32 PM
:tu Way to generate some actual discussion in a Kool thread

I'm all about thread titles and OP's....this only ensures that my OPs get read....the more participation the better

SpursBig3s
01-01-2016, 09:36 PM
:lmao thread backfire

Koolaid_Man
01-01-2016, 09:38 PM
:lmao thread backfire

“So we’re playing the Spurs and I get the ball on the post. I inside pivot and sweep to the middle for my jump hook and he blocks it. So as we are running down the court he says to me “that was a good move but you have to get more into my body so you can either draw the foul or I can’t block it”. So I didn’t know if he was talking noise or what so just kind of looked at him confused and said ok.

Then, a few plays later I did it again got more into his body and he couldn’t block it. I missed the shot and he looked at me and said much better and kept playing lol. I remember calling my boy Zee Chilton (https://www.facebook.com/zyrone) and telling him this story lol Tim Duncan is honestly one of the nicest guys in the NBA and one of the best power forwards ever. Respect”

SpursIndonesia
01-01-2016, 09:49 PM
A chimp longing for his banana, nothing to see. :sleep

Reck
01-01-2016, 09:53 PM
Duncan schooling niggas while playing a game. Alpha

Kawhitstorm
01-01-2016, 09:54 PM
Blue balls, much:sleep

Koolaid_Man
01-01-2016, 10:18 PM

Surfing Indonesia's finest beach :lol

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/article-2396076-1B55CBCE000005DC-54_964x642_zpspip1on1d.jpg

Koolaid_Man
01-01-2016, 10:19 PM

Spur fan in Indonesia taking a bubble bath :lol

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/14259179574_fb_zpsjqwtvdjb.jpg