PDA

View Full Version : Don't look now but Diaw 3.0 is loading..

spursistan
01-02-2016, 11:42 PM
he's been sneakily having a great season, tbh ..really much better than the Diaw of 2014-2015 who coasted like hell and costed the Spurs with him in regular season wins..i haven't seen Bobo this frisky on court in while..He is taking that 3 ball and it falling..

Also more of that LMA-Diaw pairing, it could be our secret weapons vs the Dubs..

spursistan
01-02-2016, 11:42 PM

steeledl
01-03-2016, 12:04 AM
Boris has been amazing. Hope he is on this type of roll come playoff team... We are a completely different team when he is aggressive, confident, and trying to score/create.

Silver&Black
01-03-2016, 12:20 AM
:bobo

LoneStarState'sPride
01-03-2016, 12:22 AM
Tim Duncan once said: "Boris is the MVP of this team." :lol

spurs10
01-03-2016, 12:31 AM
:bobo:bobo

YGWHI
01-03-2016, 12:35 AM
Also more of that LMA-Diaw pairing, it could be our secret weapons vs the Dubs..

Post Boris every play! Warrios can't deal with Boris, LMA, Kawhi frontcourt...

timtonymanu
01-03-2016, 12:37 AM
BoBo can be an MVP player when he wants to. Whoever thought we should have traded him instead of Splitter is silly.

BackHome
01-03-2016, 12:38 AM
I always though Boris could easily average 15pg or even more if he just wanted to. The dude just makes it seem so easy and he just flows like a butterfly and stings like a bee..lol

SAGirl
01-03-2016, 12:39 AM
I always though Boris could easily average 15pg or even more if he just wanted to. The dude just makes it seem so easy and he just flows like a butterfly and stings like a bee..lol
:lol

I wonder if playing with D.West, who is very fiery and competitive has made him a stinger this year?

KenziE
01-03-2016, 01:09 AM
:lol

I wonder if playing with D.West, who is very fiery and competitive has made him a stinger this year?

Maybe maybe .....not too far fetched of a thought there SAG

spursistan
01-03-2016, 01:15 AM
BoBo can be an MVP player when he wants to. Whoever thought we should have traded him instead of Splitter is silly.
yeah.. that thought :lol

Ron Swanson
01-03-2016, 01:22 AM

Whoever said that has some badass drugs.

benefactor
01-03-2016, 01:37 AM
#ceperez

timtonymanu
01-03-2016, 01:38 AM

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251325&p=8138116 :lol

BanditHiro
01-03-2016, 01:41 AM
he is going to take an absolute wet shit on Draymond like he did Ibaka

benefactor
01-03-2016, 02:07 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251325&p=8138116 :lol
:lol...Uriel is such a useless faggot.

Vito Corleone
01-03-2016, 02:52 AM
The problem with the GSW is they are loaded at the 1, 2, 3 but have nothing at the 4 or 5 spot.

The Spurs are loaded at 1 through 5 and will kill them at the 4 and 5 spot.

100%duncan
01-03-2016, 04:09 AM
Mehhh I like the sound of 2.0 better imho but i agree, lma diaw lineup will be crucial against okc and gsw

cutewizard
01-03-2016, 04:38 AM
Boris Diaw is the best all around basketball player on the Earth!

better than lebron,

cutewizard
01-03-2016, 04:39 AM

SouthernFried
01-03-2016, 06:12 AM
I love playmakers. Even tho I also love kawhi and am impressed with LMA as of late. My eyes always get big watching good playmakers, like Manu...and Diaw.

He's my favorite Spurs player to watch right now.

SouthernFried
01-03-2016, 06:18 AM
#ceperez

Uh, CEPEREZ was critical of that post...and I quote from him:

"WTF? And give away the team's best playmaker???!"

ceperez
01-03-2016, 06:31 AM
Uh, CEPEREZ was critical of that post...and I quote from him:

"WTF? And give away the team's best playmaker???!"

Yeah... benefactor nothing but a smear campaign.

Boris Diaw is the X-factor for the Spurs, he plays aggressive, Spurs win. Diaw is a swiss army knife and is likely the best playmaker on the team now. Ginobilii is great but gambles too often and forces the issue. Diaw takes it easy and can score anytime he chooses to.

Never diss Boris.

#ceperez

cutewizard
01-03-2016, 06:48 AM
Diaw ========== point center!!!!!!

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

cutewizard
01-03-2016, 06:48 AM
This year, we shall become the LORD OF THE RINGS!!!!!!!!

Booooooooooooooooooooooook it babies

Seventyniner
01-03-2016, 08:59 AM
How much of Diaw's surge is due to Duncan playing less and taking fewer shots?

NASpurs
01-03-2016, 09:12 AM
Bobo is approaching one of my favorite Spurs of all-time levels for me. The guy is just so graceful for a fat guy yet powerful in his own way. Thank God that we live in the age of Internet video because his game would had been hard to describe especially with all the physical changes he's gone through.

boutons_deux
01-03-2016, 09:30 AM
The guy is just so graceful for a fat guy yet powerful in his own way.

Athleticism and BBIQ trump grease.

Spurtacular
01-03-2016, 09:34 AM
Tea Time!

exstatic
01-03-2016, 09:51 AM
I looked it up last night. Earlier this season, Boris passed the point where he has played more games in a Spurs uni than any other. He played 142 games for ATL, 258 for PHO, 260 for CHA, and a/o last night, 290 for the SAS. He's really found a home here.

EVAY
01-03-2016, 10:22 AM
BoBo can be an MVP player when he wants to.

This.

period.

When he is engaged (and he has been more engaged this season than I have ever seen him - he seems like he is taking ownership of the second unit and it's competitiveness), NO one is better than him on this team. He always plays within himself, and his IQ is better than anyone's, with the possible exception of Manu.

So great to see him like this. Hope he stays this way.

TrainOfThought5
01-03-2016, 10:24 AM
Bobos ability to lead the second unit has really allowed for Ginobili to extend his Renaissance by taking so much pressure of of his shoulders.

Mel_13
01-03-2016, 10:26 AM
This.

period.

When he is engaged (and he has been more engaged this season than I have ever seen him - he seems like he is taking ownership of the second unit and it's competitiveness), NO one is better than him on this team. He always plays within himself, and his IQ is better than anyone's, with the possible exception of Manu.

So great to see him like this. Hope he stays this way.

That's a good point. As Manu's court time and impact gradually decrease, Bobo has led more and deferred less.

100%duncan
01-03-2016, 11:06 AM
Bbbbut he's redundant with the second unit with David West!

Agloco
01-03-2016, 11:14 AM

And this is the rub with BoBo. A dialed-in Boris is death on the blocks and a matchup nightmare.

You rarely see that BoBo though.

Agloco
01-03-2016, 11:19 AM

The problem with the GSW is they are loaded at the 1, 2, 3 but have nothing at the 4 or 5 spot.

The Spurs are loaded at 1 through 5 and will kill them at the 4 and 5 spot.

GSW has the advantage at the 1 any way you look at it, and possibly at any position they decide to play Green (except the 3, where it's a wash). The key for the Spurs is as you alluded to: Diaw, Duncan and Aldridge must dominate whoever is on them.

ceperez
01-03-2016, 12:32 PM
Bobos ability to lead the second unit has really allowed for Ginobili to extend his Renaissance by taking so much pressure of of his shoulders.

He absolutely has to be the leader of the second unit. Manu is 38 years old and there's just only so much he can do against bigger more athletic opponents.

Besides, Bobo is the 2nd best player on the team, right after Leonard.

DarrinS
01-03-2016, 12:43 PM
I agree with what Danny said. He does make it look easy. Anyone ever see Boris sweating?

ceperez
01-03-2016, 12:44 PM
I agree with what Danny said. He does make it look easy. Anyone ever see Boris sweating?

Does he play enough minutes to even break a sweat?

spurraider21
01-03-2016, 01:45 PM
:lol...Uriel is such a useless faggot.
It's hilarious how excited he gets when he finds out somebody is a liberal.

Ettore messina is liberal?! Better start a thread about it.

SAGirl
01-03-2016, 01:47 PM
I love playmakers. Even tho I also love kawhi and am impressed with LMA as of late. My eyes always get big watching good playmakers, like Manu...and Diaw.

He's my favorite Spurs player to watch right now.

I am with you. :clap:clap they are both very smart players too. Diaw is my favorite post player by far. Kawhi is coming into his own bug time, but Boris sometimes makes it look like he's dancing down there. He's incredibly fun when he's engaged. Well need him aggressive.

SAGirl
01-03-2016, 01:55 PM

He might really be the leader if that unit when Manu retires, since Bobo is a natural leader anyways and has been so fir Les Bleus, at least until someone younger emerges. Tiago could never have been that. Good choice by PATFO, but I said it at the time. Some guys on here still underrated how important Diaw is for the team.

TXstbobcat
01-03-2016, 01:57 PM

Russo21
01-04-2016, 01:22 AM
I looked it up last night. Earlier this season, Boris passed the point where he has played more games in a Spurs uni than any other. He played 142 games for ATL, 258 for PHO, 260 for CHA, and a/o last night, 290 for the SAS. He's really found a home here. Sweet info right there mate, I had no idea, Thanks! Perfect Spur, I was so glad when we nabbed him.

BG_Spurs_Fan
01-04-2016, 02:07 AM
Great season for him and hope he keeps this up. He's the best fat player in the NBA :lol actually I think he's the only player since Shaq whose game would have more impact when fat than if he slimmed down.

Ice009
01-04-2016, 05:20 AM
Great season for him and hope he keeps this up. He's the best fat player in the NBA :lol actually I think he's the only player since Shaq whose game would have more impact when fat than if he slimmed down.

Boris was also very good when he was in Phoenix and weighed a lot less. The reason he's good is because he's a very skilled player. The weight helps him in the post. Not sure if he went in the post much when he played with Phoenix? Maybe someone here can tell us what his game was like back then as I didn't watch him much back then. I just know that he is a threat to produce a triple double when he is/was playing his best.

BG_Spurs_Fan
01-04-2016, 06:10 AM
Boris was also very good when he was in Phoenix and weighed a lot less. The reason he's good is because he's a very skilled player. The weight helps him in the post. Not sure if he went in the post much when he played with Phoenix? Maybe someone here can tell us what his game was like back then as I didn't watch him much back then. I just know that he is a threat to produce a triple double when he is/was playing his best.

From my memory at Phoenix he used to penetrate to the rim a lot more from the high post and was significantly more athletic. His low post game these days is a joy to watch though. Let's hope between LMA and Boris Draymond Green would have his hands full.

Chinook
01-04-2016, 07:11 AM
GSW has the advantage at the 1 any way you look at it, and possibly at any position they decide to play Green (except the 3, where it's a wash). The key for the Spurs is as you alluded to: Diaw, Duncan and Aldridge must dominate whoever is on them.

Eh, Green is undersized, and some players have been able to exploit that. I don't know if the Warriors want to try playing Green at the five with Aldridge and Duncan on the other side. Draymond hasn't been that great at checking LMA, and you know Barnes isn't stopping either one. Those two would have to shoot lights out to make up for the fact that the Warriors would be leaving the paint WIDE OPEN against one of the few teams adept at scoring inside.

exstatic
01-04-2016, 07:23 AM

If they're not playing Green at the 5 in a micro ball lineup, they're much less dangerous. Every big they have to bring in takes a 3 pt shooter off the floor.

SpursIndonesia
01-04-2016, 11:18 AM
The more i look at it, i think the best big combo against the Dubs would be LMA-Diaw pairing, with TD as the main backup if they play Bogut/Ezeli more. TD can start, and if the Dubs have a bad shooting night he might be better suited for more rim protection. But if we need more perimeter defense from our big man, Diaw is more mobile, and he gives more spacing for our main scorers to operate.

I know this is kinda blasphemous, but the way TD's jumper has been getting worse as of late, he becomes such a burden offensively, making it so damn stagnant & predictable. And i also understand our stout D this season has a lot to do with TD's rim protection, but the match up against the Dubs might need a different perspective to look upon, maximizing & balancing our strength with what our resources have provide best this season.